• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The First Party general support thread

3DSNinja

Smash Lord
My 6 would be (only one per franchise BTW)
Dee
Geno
Skull Kid
chibi-Robo
Isaac
Sandbag (First party, and it would be HILARIOUS)

Jade_Rock

Smash Apprentice
Zelda needs something this pass that is not link or Zelda.

An assist? Let's just say deconfirmed, but I don't think spirits are.

Pig Ganon? Wields a trident and uses some magic. Could definitely see this happening.
Champions? If they reappear in botw2 this may be most likely.
Personally for first party, I want paper Mario based on the first 2 games(uses different jumps/hammer and partners can be specials). I would love a ttyd remake with paper Mario added for smash.

Vector Victor

Smash Lord
Impa would be a good pick for Zelda, maybe using her Hyrule Warriors style. That would also negated that dumb claim that Zelda can't have newcomers because they are one-offs.

BowserKing

Smash Lord
My choices of 6 Nintendo characters for the second fighter's pass would be

(Note, these are not in order of most wanted, also excluding Echo-Fighters)

1. Adeleine
2. Sylux
3. Lugia
4. Issac (or any Nintendo franchise that is not playable yet)
5. Fawful
6. Midna

PhantomShab

Smash Lord
Zelda needs something this pass that is not link or Zelda.

An assist? Let's just say deconfirmed, but I don't think spirits are.

Pig Ganon? Wields a trident and uses some magic. Could definitely see this happening.
Champions? If they reappear in botw2 this may be most likely.
Personally for first party, I want paper Mario based on the first 2 games(uses different jumps/hammer and partners can be specials). I would love a ttyd remake with paper Mario added for smash.
Zelda is never getting a new character.

StrawHatX

Smash Lord
I would prefer a Nintendo only Pass, but I do think we’ll get a mix. However, my first party only Pass would look like:

1. Isaac
2. Andy
3. Skull Kid
4. Rex
5. Dixie Kong
6. Bandana Waddle Dee

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
Mine is fairly predictable:
  1. Captain Toad
  2. Dixie Kong
  3. Bandana Dee
  4. Impa
  5. Meowth (with Dynanax long Meowth FS)
  6. A toss up between Akira Howard, Chibi-Robo or Waluigi. Waa after Toad tho.

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
I would prefer a Nintendo only Pass, but I do think we’ll get a mix. However, my first party only Pass would look like:

1. Isaac
2. Andy
3. Skull Kid
4. Rex
5. Dixie Kong
6. Bandana Waddle Dee
Not bad, very similar to my own, except I had King Boo and Lugia instead of Isaac and Andy. I was purely wish list though, and I also included songs and stage with them

Minik

Smash Journeyman
Honest question for people here, do people EXPECT non-protagonist characters to be added in this dlc? Looking at smashes roster and the characters they've added, its mostly protagonists or main antagonists added. Usually when we do get them its because they were easy like an echo/clone e.g. falco in melee and dark samus in ult. Piranha plant being the exception, being made SPECIFICALLY as an exception which makes me doubt the idea of someone still really good but lesser like a kirby or zelda character being added. Even the Pokemon are always the most protagonist pick possible, fully evolved starters.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Honest question for people here, do people EXPECT non-protagonist characters to be added in this dlc? Looking at smashes roster and the characters they've added, its mostly protagonists or main antagonists added. Usually when we do get them its because they were easy like an echo/clone e.g. falco in melee and dark samus in ult. Piranha plant being the exception, being made SPECIFICALLY as an exception which makes me doubt the idea of someone still really good but lesser like a kirby or zelda character being added. Even the Pokemon are always the most protagonist pick possible, fully evolved starters.
how do you explain palutena, metaknight, rosalina, zelda, shiek and the other non clone/non villain characters

Minik

Smash Journeyman
how do you explain palutena, metaknight, rosalina, zelda, shiek and the other non clone/non villain characters
I forgot to mention the second most important characters, most series already have those in smash now. I'd put Mario series above this which is why we got Rosalina and Bowser jr but it helps Rosalina was second most important of galaxy and Bowser jr of sunshine. Metaknight is seen as an antagonist by Sakurai as seen in the trailers for Krool and Banjo. The characters im talking about are the ones that arent seen as direct villains or protagonists but still come up a lot such as dixie kong, every non-ganon zelda villain, bandana dee and modern kirby antagonists, medusa, ashley, krystal and non-protagonist FE characters.

lordvaati

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-4918-2392-4599
The only major character that might fit that critera to get in that way might be Sans from UNDERTALE but I guess the Mii costume did that too.

The only one who fits that example I personally think could get in is Adeleine from Kirby.

Last edited:

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
I forgot to mention the second most important characters, most series already have those in smash now. I'd put Mario series above this which is why we got Rosalina and Bowser jr but it helps Rosalina was second most important of galaxy and Bowser jr of sunshine. Metaknight is seen as an antagonist by Sakurai as seen in the trailers for Krool and Banjo. The characters im talking about are the ones that arent seen as direct villains or protagonists but still come up a lot such as dixie kong, every non-ganon zelda villain, bandana dee and modern kirby antagonists, medusa, ashley, krystal and non-protagonist FE characters.
i think that leaves wii fit trainer and rob

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
Medusa is inarguably the main antagonist of Kid Icarus as a series being the main villain 2/3 times.

Dee is a bit harder to justify but he's been the second main hero in a few of the most recent Kirby games.

Depends what you consider a non protagonist I guess, but Dixie definitely counts as one since she lead her own game and was the deutagonist in the most popular of the original DKC trilogy. Hell during the K. Rool era she was the protagonist as many times as Donkey Kong himself was.

Troykv

Smash Master
Doing a FP in my own would have a character that people would probably respond strongly, otherwise I think I would pick the characters I like the most of the popular choices.

Minik

Smash Journeyman
Medusa is inarguably the main antagonist of Kid Icarus as a series being the main villain 2/3 times.

Dee is a bit harder to justify but he's been the second main hero in a few of the most recent Kirby games.

Depends what you consider a non protagonist I guess, but Dixie definitely counts as one since she lead her own game and was the deutagonist in the most popular of the original DKC trilogy. Hell during the K. Rool era she was the protagonist as many times as Donkey Kong himself was.
Hades is the main antangonist of the series now, full on demoting her in uprising and Viridi is more important than both of them overall, shes the one who got a mii costume and is in every guidance. Bandana dee definitely is the second most important in battle royale but I doubt they consider that enough. Dixie did have DKC3 but considering she was planned for brawl and weirdly not even brought up for ult as an echo, i dont see them adding her any time soon.

Troykv

Smash Master
You're allowed Micaiah, it's okay.
Great.

Let's see what I have in mind right now...

1.- Micaiah (Fire Emblem)
2.- Bandana Waddle Dee (Kirby)
3.- Dixie Kong (Donkey Kong)
4.- Rex/Pyra (Xenoblade)
5.- Geno (Mario?)
6.- Midna (Zelda)

Last edited:

PhantomShab

Smash Lord
it is yes, thats why we scots are the most cynical of all cause out weather is the worst out of the three
Anyway to answer your question, no I'm not British. I'm just able to tell that one of Nintendo's biggest IPs going 20 years in counting without a proper newcomer, every single potential newcomer being turned into an assist trophy, and it's main villain being cloned from a completely unrelated character from a completely unrelated series is a pretty good indicator that Zelda is never getting another playable fighter. Ever.

Last edited:

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
My choices for a 1st Party Fighters Pass:
1. Bandana Dee (Kirby)
2. Poochy (Yoshi)
3. Shake King (Wario)
4. Titan Dweevil (Pikmin)
5. Bio-Rex (F-Zero)
6. Zacian/Zamazenta (Pokemon)

Minik

Smash Journeyman
My ideal picks for a 1st party fighters pass would be:
1. Ring Fit
2. Rhythm Heaven
3. Springman
4. Bandana dee/Magolor
5. Bulborb
6. Zelda something, possibly some cool botw 2 character

SilverSoul24

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SilverSoul94
Switch FC
SW-8066-4257-6220
My top choices:
1. Rex and Pyra/Mythra
2. Elma
3. Impa
4. Dixie Kong
5. Octoling
6. Rillaboom

Last edited:

lady_sky skipper

Smash Ace
My top 6 1st party picks:

1. Bandana Dee
2. A Pilotwings rep such as Lark or Shirley
3. Balloon Fighter
4. Samurai Goroh
5. Glass Joe
6. Stanley the Bugman

zumaddy

Smash Ace
A few First Party fighers I want:

-Rex & Pyra/Mythra (though I would take Elma too)
-Zelda rep that isn't another Link, Zelda or Ganon (Urbosa, Midna and Ghirahim are my most wanteds in that category)
-Susie, Marx or Adeleine for Kirby rep
-Octolings, either as a semi-clone or representing other Splatoon weapons like the Slosher and Octobrush

Also a lowkey supporter of Waluigi and Dixie

Last edited:

BravadoMan_13

Smash Lord
NNID
ClassicRocker
A Fighters Pass of my choice (1st party)

- Waluigi
- Dixie
- Isaac
- Capt. Syrup
- Samurai Goroh
- Gruntilda

Yeah I know that Gruntilda legally is third party (but I still consider her close to 1st/2nd party). If I had to throw in a 3rd party, it would be Dr. Robotnik. Plus I would be absolutely fine with any 1st party character.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Anyway to answer your question, no I'm not British. I'm just able to tell that one of Nintendo's biggest IPs going 20 years in counting without a proper newcomer, every single potential newcomer being turned into an assist trophy, and it's main villain being cloned from a completely unrelated character from a completely unrelated series is a pretty good indicator that Zelda is never getting another playable fighter. Ever.
yeah things do not look good do they?

Well now I can't stop reading your posts with a Scottish accent.
what kind of scottish accent?

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
So there's a rumor going around that The Wonderful 101 is getting some kind of Kickstarter for Switch and PS4 ports, with it being said that Nintendo sold the IP to Platinum. Is this... normal? I've been thinking about it all day, but I still don't understand any of this.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
So there's a rumor going around that The Wonderful 101 is getting some kind of Kickstarter for Switch and PS4 ports, with it being said that Nintendo sold the IP to Platinum. Is this... normal? I've been thinking about it all day, but I still don't understand any of this.
I guess it’s a bit like when rare left

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
Yeah, Nintendo use to own the rights to Banjo according to the Diddy Kong racing boxart and manual. It's assumed they sold it to Microsoft during the buyout, some speculate Rare owned the rights to DK64 original characters do Nintendo traded Banjo for them.

Top Bottom