• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The First Party general support thread

Dalek_Kolt

Smash Master
Something I've been working on, figured it'd be relevant to this thread.
syrupalt1.png

Last edited:

Kold Pizza

Smash Apprentice
Captain Syrup would be a great first party female character besides Dixie. Many people that want more females as DLC don’t really acknowledge her enough either. I want female characters that are less generic and more unique and special.

Last edited:

Dalek_Kolt

Smash Master
I want Captain Syrup to make a comeback at least in the Mario sports spinoffs. She complements Peach, Rosalina, Daisy and Pauline well with her darker attitude and is essentially "Wa-Peach" in all but name.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
I want Captain Syrup to make a comeback at least in the Mario sports spinoffs. She complements Peach, Rosalina, Daisy and Pauline well with her darker attitude and is essentially "Wa-Peach" in all but name.
nah id say this is wa-peach

Last edited:

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Captain Syrup would be a great first party female character besides Dixie. Many people that want more females as DLC don’t really acknowledge her enough either. I want female characters that are less generic and more unique and special.
Impa would work too.

However, I don't hold hopes for her anymore because relevance and stuff.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
yeah sakurai confirming that hes not bothered about relevance was a real kick in the teeth to the last bunch of nintendo all stars
Then again, there's still points against her. Relevance was her best bet with Skyward Sword for Smash 4, Hyrule Warriors for Smash 4 before we knew what we could get, base game of Ultimate as a Echo or based on Hyrule Warriors. But no.

Doesn't help the DLC is all 3rd party as of now.

Her best bet was for the base game, but she didn't have the huge popularity of the likes of K.Rool and Ridley, and didn't make it as a Echo Fighter either. I was quite certain she'd be a likely Echo, but no. Again.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Then again, there's still points against her. Relevance was her best bet with Skyward Sword for Smash 4, Hyrule Warriors for Smash 4 before we knew what we could get, base game of Ultimate as a Echo or based on Hyrule Warriors. But no.

Doesn't help the DLC is all 3rd party as of now.

Her best bet was for the base game, but she didn't have the huge popularity of the likes of K.Rool and Ridley, and didn't make it as a Echo Fighter either. I was quite certain she'd be a likely Echo, but no. Again.
even having popularity on the level of ridley and k.rool might not have helped, look at isaac.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
even having popularity on the level of ridley and k.rool might not have helped, look at isaac.
I'm blaming the lack of new stage resources on that one. Even the stages we did get suffered from new stages being lower priority.

Last edited:

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2

GameXplain has deep connections within Nintendo, so this could be a good sign for us all. Otherwise, I don't think Jon would have brought up this subject at all. I'M REALLY FEELING IT!!! We are getting another Nintendo character or two down the line in the DLC lineup.

Last edited:

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero

GameXplain has deep connections within Nintendo, so this could be a good sign for us all. Otherwise, I don't think Jon would have brought up this subject at all. I'M REALLY FEELING IT!!! We are getting another Nintendo character or two down the line in the DLC lineup.
I will admit, there are a few things here I don't agree with (namely Assist Trophies: I'll believe they have a chance when they don't wait until next game to be promoted), but I do enjoy the more positive angle of this video, amidst the typical "oh, it has to be [insert highly-speculated character here]". A bit refreshing, if you ask me.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
I will admit, there are a few things here I don't agree with (namely Assist Trophies: I'll believe they have a chance when they don't wait until next game to be promoted), but I do enjoy the more positive angle of this video, amidst the typical "oh, it has to be [insert highly-speculated character here]". A bit refreshing, if you ask me.
I don't think Assist Trophy promotions is happening in this game either, but this could be a very good sign for characters that are just Spirits.

Last edited:

Dee Dude

“Never ask Dee for anything again”
3DS FC
0576-7674-5319
Sup guys? While we’re still here advocating for more first parties, I took the time to make another banner similar to Yoshi&Toad’s on the OP.
5D62799C-8EEB-4DA5-9D4F-A267173B7BC6.png

EDIT: Added some missing characters and replaced a less significant character with a more significant one.

Last edited:

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
That video is important, I'm putting it in OP.

And maybe that banner.

Maybe we should have a banner competition, get discussion going

Last edited:

Luigi580

Smash Apprentice
It’s a nice video. There are a few issues that I believe was talked about in the speculation thread:

Jon did mess up: Bayonetta was the last character last game; hardly a regular character for the finale. Third party and way out there.

I do believe base spirits have a solid chance... after FP1. Sakurai confirmed that he finished picking who would be in the fighter pass before the game even came out. Mii fighters are a similar circumstance. If he knows someone is coming, he likely won’t make a costume of of them until a good amount of time passes, especially for costumes you gotta pay for.

I think there’s a chance for more Nintendo characters, but I do still believe that won’t be the case for FP5. I’d say wait for the next pass before expecting any first parties again.

BravadoMan_13

Smash Lord
NNID
ClassicRocker
Sup guys? While we’re still here advocating for more first parties, I took the time to make another banner similar to Yoshi&Toad’s on the OP.

View attachment 248626
Amazing banner. My only nitpick is since Geno is on there, I think Gruntilda, Mumbo, and Conker can be on there since they're Nintendo related too. Other than that. Damn good

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
Here's 12 of my most wanted 1st and 3rd party fighters:
1st Party
1. Bandanna Dee (Kirby)
2. Poochy (Yoshi)
3. Shake King (Wario)
4. Zacian (Pokemon)
5. Titan Dweevil (Pikmin)
6. A ? Block (Mario)

3rd Party
7. Octane (Rocket League)
8. Heavy (Team Fortress)
9. Crash (Crash Bandicoot)
10. Deviljho (Monster Hunter)
11. Goose (Untitled Goose Game)
12. Earthworm Jim (Earthworm Jim)

Last edited:

Lady Kuki

Smash Journeyman
NNID
PetraRal01
3DS FC
4854-7185-6306
Hey, just wanted to say thanks for making this thread! Even if we don't get ANY first parties as DLC, it feels good to see I'm not the only one who's still interested in seeing some first parties. I have no issues with third parties taking over the roster; I only wish that we'd see at least one or two other first parties in the mix too.

BlueKirbySquad

Smash Cadet
We need:

Geno
Waluigi
Mimikyu
Octoling
Decidueye
Gengar
Chandelure
Toxtricity
Dixie Kong
To YEET all the 3rd party fighters out of a window
Blaziken
Tyranitar
Dragapult
Magolor
Marx
Bandana Dee
Cranky Kong
King Boo
Dry Bowser
Funky Kong
Dark Meta Knight
Galacta Knight
Taranza
Blooper
Shy Guy
Skull Kid
Yuga
Petey Piranha
Dark Matter Blade
Lizalfos
Parasect
Susie Haltmann
Hawlucha

My Top 12 though:

Toxtricity
Marx
Magolor
Parasect
Mimikyu
Chandelure
Blooper
Octoling
Bandana Dee
Dark Matter Blade
Waluigi
King Boo

Last edited:

Calamitas

Smash Champion
We need:

Geno
Waluigi
Mimikyu
Octoling
Decidueye
Gengar
Chandelure
Toxtricity
Dixie Kong
Blaziken
Tyranitar
Dragapult
Magolor
Marx
Bandana Dee
Cranky Kong
King Boo
Dry Bowser
Funky Kong
Dark Meta Knight
Galacta Knight
Taranza
Blooper
Shy Guy
Skull Kid
Yuga
Petey Piranha
Dark Matter Blade
Lizalfos
Parasect
Susie Haltmann
Hawlucha

My Top 12 though:

Toxtricity
Marx
Magolor
Parasect
Mimikyu
Chandelure
Blooper
Octoling
Bandana Dee
Dark Matter Blade
Waluigi
King Boo
Geno's third-party.

And we really don't need this many Mario, Pokémon or Kirby characters.

SirCamp

Smash Ace
We need:

Geno
Waluigi
Mimikyu
Octoling
Decidueye
Gengar
Chandelure
Toxtricity
Dixie Kong
Blaziken
Tyranitar
Dragapult
Magolor
Marx
Bandana Dee
Cranky Kong
King Boo
Dry Bowser
Funky Kong
Dark Meta Knight
Galacta Knight
Taranza
Blooper
Shy Guy
Skull Kid
Yuga
Petey Piranha
Dark Matter Blade
Lizalfos
Parasect
Susie Haltmann
Hawlucha

My Top 12 though:

Toxtricity
Marx
Magolor
Parasect
Mimikyu
Chandelure
Blooper
Octoling
Bandana Dee
Dark Matter Blade
Waluigi
King Boo
The fact that you made this list and included nobody from Golden Sun, Advance Wars, Rhythm Heaven, any retro series or smaller series saddens me. Or even newer series like Arms, Astral Chain or Xenoblade. And no Captain Syrup. :(

Also Parasect???

Last edited:

BlueKirbySquad

Smash Cadet
Geno's third-party.

And we really don't need this many Mario, Pokémon or Kirby characters.
It's just my opinion. And Geno was made in collaboration with Nintendo, so he's basically 1st Party in some ways. Also Kirby's much more popular than Fire Emblem and there are 7 FE's in there? Seriously?
The fact that you made this list and included nobody from Golden Sun, Advance Wars, Rhythm Heaven, any retro series or smaller series saddens me. And no Captain Syrup. :(

Also Parasect???
Oops forgot Captain Syrup and a Pikmin character. And yes, I want Parasect so much.

SirCamp

Smash Ace
Oops forgot Captain Syrup and a Pikmin character. And yes, I want Parasect so much.
Hey nothing against Parasect I just have no idea how that would work and also don’t see that happening in a million years. I actually like Parasect (I think I used him in my first Blue play through), but he really isn’t that popular overall or really notable in terms of story, in both the games and anime.

But yeah, personally I’d like to see more variety in 1st party picks if we do end up getting some for DLC. Something like:

1. Isaac
2. Dixie Kong
3. Captain Syrup
4. Karate Joe
5. Sami
6. Rex
7. Elma
8. Min Min
9. Tingle
10. Impa
11. Bandana Waddle Dee
12. Waluigi
13. Akira Howard
14. Octolings
15. Takamaru
16. Kamek
17. Porky
18. Ashley
19. Chibi-Robo
20. Mach Rider

Or something like that anyway. Obviously not all of them or in that particular order but just a little of everything. I'd personally rather not get more Pokemon or Fire Emblem, despite loving both. I just feel like more characters from other series would be more interesting taking into account the entire roster. In the same vein I probably wouldn't have included Waluigi either, but its just hard not to realistically.

Last edited:

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
And Geno was made in collaboration with Nintendo, so he's basically 1st Party in some ways. .
but thats not who it works, what makes a character 1st or 3rd party is who owns them, for example geno is owned only by sqaure enix therefore 3rd party, characters like the legionis from astral chain was made by a 3rd party company but is co owned with nintendo therefore 1st party

Calamitas

Smash Champion
It's just my opinion. And Geno was made in collaboration with Nintendo, so he's basically 1st Party in some ways. Also Kirby's much more popular than Fire Emblem and there are 7 FE's in there? Seriously?
Nice opinion! Still a third party, as fogbadge fogbadge said.

And I'm pretty sure that at this point, Fire Emblem and Kirby are about equal.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Also Kirby's much more popular than Fire Emblem
So is Animal Crossing, and I don't see you wanting to bloat its selection just to get revenge on FE. This is why trying to "balance" the roster is a load of ****, besides people complaining about Pokemon still wanting Waluigi and Geno.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

The first party picks I want the most are Pauline, Adeleine, Mach Rider and Rundas.

BlueKirbySquad

Smash Cadet
Hey nothing against Parasect I just have no idea how that would work and also don’t see that happening in a million years. I actually like Parasect (I think I used him in my first Blue play through), but he really isn’t that popular overall or really notable in terms of story, in both the games and anime.

But yeah, personally I’d like to see more variety in 1st party picks if we do end up getting some for DLC. Something like:

1. Isaac
2. Dixie Kong
3. Captain Syrup
4. Karate Joe
5. Sami
6. Rex
7. Elma
8. Min Min
9. Tingle
10. Impa
11. Bandana Waddle Dee
12. Waluigi
13. Akira Howard
14. Octolings
15. Takamaru
16. Kame
17. Porky
18. Ashley
19. Chibi-Robo
20. Mach Rider

Or something like that anyway. Obviously not all of them or in that particular order but just a little of everything. I'd personally rather not get more Pokemon or Fire Emblem, despite loving both. I just feel like more characters from other series would be more interesting taking into account the entire roster. In the same vein I probably wouldn't have included Waluigi either, but its just hard not to realistically.
I made a moveset for Parasect. Plus they need obscure Pokemon in Smash.

Like your roster, except Min Min, Mach Rider, Kame, Elma, Sami and Akira. We could have Magolor, Mimikyu, Louie, Chandelure, Adeleine and Ribbon or even DJ Octavio instead.

Last edited:

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Plus they need obscure Pokemon in Smash.
If anything they need to go back to mascots instead of picking whatever starter fits a preexisting human moveset.

Also you're forgetting that he said he wants to see more series, and you can't do that with your preferred fighters. This is when I think it's okay to complain about another Pokemon rep, rather than being someone who wants another Mario rep.

Last edited:
Top Bottom