• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The First Party general support thread

Dalek_Kolt

Smash Master
Draygon?
1570296509984.png

I mean, it's implied to be a mother to the Evir and is a key member of the Space Pirates.

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
Made an edit:
First-Party-Support-banner.jpg

Added:
  1. Captain Syrup
  2. Andy
  3. Sami
  4. Daroach
  5. Dark Matter
  6. Gooey
  7. Barbara the Bat
  8. Anna
  9. Vaati
  10. Medusa
and changed King Boo to his Luigi's Mansion form upon request!

Next edit may be a while, but feel free to recommend more.

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
Made an edit:
View attachment 240973

Added:
  1. Captain Syrup
  2. Andy
  3. Sami
  4. Daroach
  5. Dark Matter
  6. Gooey
  7. Barbara the Bat
  8. Anna
  9. Vaati
  10. Medusa

Here's who i want to see added to the mural:
1. Shake King (Wario)
2. Kommo-o (Poke'mon)
3. Bio-Rex (F-Zero)
4. Keeby the Yellow Kirby (Kirby)
It might take a while.
BTW that picture of yours is awesome.

Last edited:

Hollywoodrok12

Smash Lord
If we're asking for suggestions, I got some:

Euden (Dragalia Lost)
Squid Sisters (Splatoon)
Off The Hook (Splatoon 2)
Ninten (Earthbound/Mother 1)
Viridi (Kid Icarus)
Mii Mage (Mii Series)
Urban Champion
Add Mythra to Rex/Pyra
Put Octoling Boy next to Octoling Girl

If I said anyone who's already on there by mistake, then sorry about that. there are a lot of characters, so it can get difficult to find a specific one

Last edited:

smashkirby

Smash Hero
Made an edit:
View attachment 240973

Added:
  1. Captain Syrup
  2. Andy
  3. Sami
  4. Daroach
  5. Dark Matter
  6. Gooey
  7. Barbara the Bat
  8. Anna
  9. Vaati
  10. Medusa

Could you add Rhythm Girl (Tap Trial Girl) from Rhythm Heaven, Lark from Pilotwings 64, and Doshin the Giant (as well as Jashin)?

Also, is Ray from Custom Robo here? If not, maybe you should add either Ray 01 (as that model seems to be the most requested to appear in Smash) or Ray Mk III (as that model has a notable presence in Smash already as an AT and Mii Gunner costume).

SirCamp

Smash Ace
Made an edit:
View attachment 240973

Added:
  1. Captain Syrup
  2. Andy
  3. Sami
  4. Daroach
  5. Dark Matter
  6. Gooey
  7. Barbara the Bat
  8. Anna
  9. Vaati
  10. Medusa

Yay =D

All is well in the world again! lol

If you're looking for other suggestions though, might I offer up Mallo as an option? As in Mallo from Pushmo, not Mallow from SMRPG.

Last edited:

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
Could you add Rhythm Girl (Tap Trial Girl) from Rhythm Heaven, Lark from Pilotwings 64, and Doshin the Giant (as well as Jashin)?

Also, is Ray from Custom Robo here? If not, maybe you should add either Ray 01 (as that model seems to be the most requested to appear in Smash) or Ray Mk III (as that model has a notable presence in Smash already as an AT and Mii Gunner costume).
I'm curious about Ray's predicament at current actually. I heard a while back Custom Robo was no longer owned by Nintendo or something. Can someone clear that one up for me?

(Also I was going to add Doshin in my original creation as I adore him but thought he might be too obscure... that's the push I need!)

YoshiandToad YoshiandToad 's mural 3 days from now:

I'll be honest, I'm just glad I'm not hand drawing these guys like I originally planned. Oof!

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
I'm curious about Ray's predicament at current actually. I heard a while back Custom Robo was no longer owned by Nintendo or something. Can someone clear that one up for me?

(Also I was going to add Doshin in my original creation as I adore him but thought he might be too obscure... that's the push I need!)

I'll be honest, I'm just glad I'm not hand drawing these guys like I originally planned. Oof!
Don’t think I saw anything crediting custom robo to anyone else in regards to the in game things, though they may have been easy to miss

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend

Turns out that was a big false alarm. The expired copyright was for a specific game, not the series.

smashkirby

Smash Hero
Don’t think I saw anything crediting custom robo to anyone else in regards to the in game things, though they may have been easy to miss
Turns out that was a big false alarm. The expired copyright was for a specific game, not the series.
Like GoodGrief741 GoodGrief741 has said, that was nothing more than a big false alarm. In fact, I should clear this up now though; the expired copyright was really referring to the tech used within the Gamecube discs. Since Nintendo doesn't really use discs now (what with them going back to cartridges), there's no reason to maintain the trademark of said discs.

The series, while clearly dormant, still remains within Nintendo's hands.

Last edited:

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
Can you some of these characters to the mural, please?
Byleth, Slippy, Porky, Qbby, Style Savvy and Adeline have been there since version 1. Anna was added for version 2.

I'll make sure to add the others for version 3. I've added a few already but I'm going to have to shrink everyone slightly to fit everyone in!

Actually let's get some conversation going about characters.

I know next to nothing about Euden and Dragalia Lost. Yourself and Hollywoodrok12 Hollywoodrok12 both requested him so would either of you mind giving us unfamiliar with him an introduction to the character?

UserKev

Smash Champion
Its kinda sad that these threads will probably amount to nothing.

Mimikyu, Ghirahim, Cranky Kong and Doc Louis for me.

Hollywoodrok12

Smash Lord
I know next to nothing about Euden and Dragalia Lost. Yourself and Hollywoodrok12 Hollywoodrok12 both requested him so would either of you mind giving us unfamiliar with him an introduction to the character?
Let me try to introduce the story as spoiler-free as possible.

Euden is the 7th heir to the Alberian throne. After the Sacred Shard, which protects the kingdom, goes missing, fiends (monsters) start to spawn everywhere. As a result, the King sends Euden and his twin sister Zethia to form Euden a dragon pact in order to help him fight the fiends. After he gets back (transitioning between chapters 1 and 2), however, he runs an evil being that seems to be the King, who leads a reawakened Dyrenell Empire (a group who had tormented and attacked humans and dragons alike). The Empire had already taken over the kingdom and the King(?) captures Zethia. It's up to Euden and his team to form more dragon pacts, stop Dyrenell, stop the fiends and save Zethia before it's too late.

Perkilator Perkilator Was there anything I missed without going too deep into limited-time events and/or spoilers?

Last edited:

Among Waddle Dees

Smash Journeyman
I've said this before, and I'll say it again: what happened to Smash? I haven't gotten a single character I wanted since Brawl (Ridley's close but wasn't wanted when he was revealed) and since then I've lost more and more confidence in Smash's ability to change. I've requested a new Kirby rep thrice during Smash 4's cycle and was entirely ignored. And now I fear Smash has expanded too far to even go back to fix old representation. There's a genuine threat that Adeleine will not show up in Smash in any cameo before it dies, and that shouldn't be happening. Sure, she's back in the Kirby series, but that only further emphasizes the problem. HAL is being more faithful to its franchises than Smash is.

And that's only factoring the first problem I have with Smash's direction. Unfortunately, I cannot get excited at the possibility of more guests. Even if all my favorite outside games get in, it won't make up for the sheer soul-sapping consequences of this Nintendo IP selling out to other companies. And now I can't even explain my problems without being accused of being entitled. These last 11 months have been insufferable and I'm concerned it's only gonna get worse.

So here's hoping we get someone... ANYONE... from an existing world of Smash, before I drop the series that introduced me to Nintendo.

Last edited:

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
There's a genuine threat that Adeleine will not show up in Smash in any cameo before it dies, and that shouldn't be happening. Sure, she's back in the Kirby series, but that only further emphasizes the problem. HAL is being more faithful to its franchises than Smash is.
Well, it is weird she never got a spirit. HAL should be the more faithful of the two though in all honesty/ I still find it weird K. Rool gets more love from Smash than the Donkey Kong series as of late. Glad she's back in Star Allies though, hopefully she continues to be a mainstay in future Kirby games.

Actually whilst we're talking about Kirby; Star Allies proved what an incredible cast is available so every time I see a Kirby game that stars multiple coloured Kirbys as the only characters with only maybe Dedede, Meta Knight and occasionally Bandana Waddle Dee for flavour I have to wonder why they don't bring Adeleine, Gooey, Rick, etc back in to add further spice. Come on HAL, give us the variety!

And that's only factoring the first problem I have with Smash's direction. Unfortunately, I cannot get excited at the possibility of more guests. Even if all my favorite outside games get in, it won't make up for the sheer soul-sapping consequences of this Nintendo IP selling out to other companies. And now I can't even explain my problems without being accused of being entitled. These last 11 months have been insufferable and I'm concerned it's only gonna get worse.

So here's hoping we get someone... ANYONE... from an existing world of Smash, before I drop the series that introduced me to Nintendo.
Strong agree here. Many of us feel the same way about this. Don't get me wrong, we've had some great guests(Pac-Man, Sonic, Megaman, Ryu, Cloud etc) but I'm feeling a bit fatigued myself from it having four in a row and people suddenly ONLY talking about third parties. I'm really hoping we get at least one or two more Nintendo characters amongst the next batch of DLC.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
My problem is mainly that "third parties are more hype" has essentially turned into "I imagine a world where the public is a machine programmed to refuse all Nintendo characters".

TheTuninator

Smash Champion
I think people are seriously overlooking Octoling as a possible new first-party rep, probably due to the mistaken assumption that they'd have to be an echo. As a Splatoon 2 rep (whereas Inkling is a Splatoon 1 rep) they could easily have a completely unique moveset simply by utilizing a different set of weapons. What's more, Splatoon is one of Nintendo's biggest franchises right now, with Splatoon 2 the #6 top-selling Switch game of all time, on the tier right below the super-heavyweights of Kart/Smash/Zelda/Mario Odyssey. Octoling's also one of the few remaining first-party characters who could bring as much mainstream hype to the table as your average third-party.

Given Splatoon's insane popularity, it easily deserves 3+ characters in Smash, and Octoling is the perfect choice for the next rep. This series is a Nintendo mainstay going forward, even more so than Fire Emblem. I'll be quite surprised if we make it through the SSBU DLC cycle without them, or at least some kind of Splatoon 2 rep.

Strong agree here. Many of us feel the same way about this. Don't get me wrong, we've had some great guests(Pac-Man, Sonic, Megaman, Ryu, Cloud etc) but I'm feeling a bit fatigued myself from it having four in a row and people suddenly ONLY talking about third parties. I'm really hoping we get at least one or two more Nintendo characters amongst the next batch of DLC.
Yeah, while I love the guests and want more, as an Advance Wars fan it really does grate a bit to know that Wars has absolutely zero chance of getting a character while more and more third parties get in.

My problem is mainly that "third parties are more hype" has essentially turned into "I imagine a world where the public is a machine programmed to refuse all Nintendo characters".
I think anyone assuming that is making a big mistake. Even discounting the more niche first-party picks, Splatoon 2 and FE3H alone make more first-party characters very likely in my eyes.

Last edited:

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Err YoshiandToad YoshiandToad may be a good idea to bail at this point they’ve gone mad for the requests

Let me try to introduce the story as spoiler-free as possible.

Euden is the 7th heir to the Alberian throne. After the Sacred Shard, which protects the kingdom, goes missing, fiends (monsters) start to spawn everywhere. As a result, the King sends Euden and his twin sister Zethia to form Euden a dragon pact in order to help him fight the fiends. After he gets back (transitioning between chapters 1 and 2), however, he runs an evil being that seems to be the King, who leads a reawakened Dyrenell Empire (a group who had tormented and attacked humans and dragons alike). The Empire had already taken over the kingdom and the King(?) captures Zethia. It's up to Euden and his team to form more dragon pacts, stop Dyrenell, stop the fiends and save Zethia before it's too late.

Perkilator Perkilator Was there anything I missed without going too deep into limited-time events and/or spoilers?
I think maybe there was a shorter version

Last edited:

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
While I'm indifferent to Waluigi as a playable character (I'd rather see Captain Toad and King Boo first) I kinda see as the face of assist trophies getting upgraded.

If one happens, he's probably happening first, and my most wanted is Skull Kid so naturally I really want it to happen. Basically I want Waluigi to pave the way forward!

Calamitas

Smash Champion
So, does anyone else feel like all these people that make big lists with their personal DLC choices, which consists of nothing but third-parties, are only setting themselves up for disappointment? Like, I recently saw one guy posting his list of choices, and it was 15 characters which were all third-party (and also all male, go figure). To me, the thought that Nintendo would allow for this much DLC, and not even once have one of their own characters on there. . . it's honestly rather ridicilous, if you ask me.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I've said this before, and I'll say it again: what happened to Smash? I haven't gotten a single character I wanted since Brawl (Ridley's close but wasn't wanted when he was revealed) and since then I've lost more and more confidence in Smash's ability to change. I've requested a new Kirby rep thrice during Smash 4's cycle and was entirely ignored. And now I fear Smash has expanded too far to even go back to fix old representation. There's a genuine threat that Adeleine will not show up in Smash in any cameo before it dies, and that shouldn't be happening. Sure, she's back in the Kirby series, but that only further emphasizes the problem. HAL is being more faithful to its franchises than Smash is.

I know you said you don't like being accused of sounding entitled, but saying things like "What happened to Smash?", "I've requested it three times and was ignored," and confusingly claiming Nintendo (a multi-billion dollar corporation) is "selling out" really don't help.

Sysreq

Smash Ace
So, does anyone else feel like all these people that make big lists with their personal DLC choices, which consists of nothing but third-parties, are only setting themselves up for disappointment? Like, I recently saw one guy posting his list of choices, and it was 15 characters which were all third-party (and also all male, go figure). To me, the thought that Nintendo would allow for this much DLC, and not even once have one of their own characters on there. . . it's honestly rather ridicilous, if you ask me.
Not to be argumentative, but you could say the same about the people making lists of like 15 first-parties from games no one has heard of or are characters that were so minor they're not worth mentioning. It's like, why in the heck would they add, for example, Whacka or Chuck Quizmo from Paper Mario? It's just as silly.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
I think everyone might be doing that, at this point I just assume disappointment

Among Waddle Dees

Smash Journeyman
I know you said you don't like being accused of sounding entitled, but saying things like "What happened to Smash?", "I've requested it three times and was ignored," and confusingly claiming Nintendo (a multi-billion dollar corporation) is "selling out" really don't help.
I didn't say Nintendo was selling out, I said Smash was. If you like what Smash has become, that's your business, but don't come to me saying I'm wrong for thinking the way I do. Speculation has taken a downfall from that mentality.

And no, Nintendo is not obligated to give me credentials (and I would hope that they don't since I don't have confidence in my guidance) but I'm rapidly losing hype for this game. At the end of the day, Nintendo is selling me a game from my childhood that is transforming into something I disagree with. And I believe I am not alone in this viewpoint.

Voting with my wallet only seems to work to a certain degree, and as a result I'm trying to convey my strong disappointment through community discussion. If that's not how I should express my problem, I want an alternative.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I didn't say Nintendo was selling out, I said Smash was. If you like what Smash has become, that's your business, but don't come to me saying I'm wrong for thinking the way I do. Speculation has taken a downfall from that mentality.

And no, Nintendo is not obligated to give me credentials (and I would hope that they don't since I don't have confidence in my guidance) but I'm rapidly losing hype for this game. At the end of the day, Nintendo is selling me a game from my childhood that is transforming into something I disagree with. And I believe I am not alone in this viewpoint.

Voting with my wallet only seems to work to a certain degree, and as a result I'm trying to convey my strong disappointment through community discussion. If that's not how I should express my problem, I want an alternative.
I agree people should vote with their wallets. I'm just saying the word choice wasn't doing you many favors.

Zero Suit Violet

Smash Journeyman
Well, my 1st party wants are pretty huge because there is little to no character from this company I love so much, that I wouldn't want, and even the one I don't want are more "Meh" than "I hate them and want them gone from the surface of earth !"

1st party in general have always been the hypest part of Smash, and well ... Why I bought those games, for the Nintendo crossovers between all those series I love, I didn't mind 3rd party though, but I didn't mind them when they were special ... They kinda lost that special feeling that Sonic, Snake, or even Mega Man had, since Smash 4 DLC that shooted them like a Machine Gun, they just lost ... What was making them so special to the community, and I find that kinda sad, they should have maybe spread 3rd party a bit more, instead of giving us an overload of Guests suddenly

I do dislike how the Smash community actually act right now about 1st party ... Wanting them have become something akin to a crime to some people, and that's just wrong ! Bashing on the characters from the company that even made this crossover possible is just wrong on so many levels ... We still have a LOT of interesting 1st party that we seem to all want on this thread, and never, should we be shamed for wanting a Nintendo character to join a Nintendo game

As for my personal wants, my top 3 would be as followed !

1.Midna : My favorite character from my favorite game of all time, she's just amazing in all points, story, personality, abilities and moveset, she just have it all IMO ! And I'm so glad that through the years, she kept that same popularity that she had from the moment she appeared in a trailer hehe
I'm pretty passionate about my Most Wanted, and it's not for nothing that today, I'm the leader of both, the Midna Discord server, the Midna4Smash Twitter account, and the newly made Smashboard Thread about her hehe

2. Bandana Dee : This cute little guy is definitly one of the most glaring ommision of Ult IMO, how could such a revelant, important, and loved character being passed up ? He have a lot of things that I love, and god his popularity and fanbase are heartwarming ! The Dee lovers are the best fanbase, and frankly deal with too much ****, more than they deserve for loving such a unique character

3. Gardevoir : My favorite Mon of all time, I'm a big Pokemon Fan Girl, and Gardevoir have always been a Pokemon that just resonated with me, loved her designs and attacks so I always take her in my team when I can in Main games, but I also really loved her personality and role in Pokemon Mystery Dungeon 1 & 2 ! I would love for her to bring some representation from this amazing spin off series, that definitly deserve a lot of love, she would do a perfect Mon to bridge the two series together hehe

Top Bottom