• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The First Party general support thread

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
First-Party-Support-banner (2).jpg

Picture courtesy of YoshiandToad YoshiandToad

Before I go on, please watch this video

Normally I wouldn't consider this necessary but given recent trends, I feel the need say that some of us still want Nintendo characters.

So many people seem so focused on Third Party characters and so dismissive of first party characters. Smash is like family to me and has been a part of me for so long. I love Smash because it's a Nintendo crossover, Nintendo has been there for me at my lowest lows and highest high, it's the only systems I own and the only one I ever felt the need to own.

But to see people claim that Nintendo has been squeezed dry of characters is painful and a flat out lie.

People say Smash has become a gaming in general crossover, and if that's true and third parties aren't just guests, they we've lost something really special to me. What happened to our Nintendo crossover? What series is there now to hope for all my favourite Nintendo characters to appear in.

Mario Kart introduced guests, but it never lost its identity as Mario Kart. For it to become Nintendo kart would dash the hopes of newer Mario characters to join a kart roster.

Look I'm fine with introducing more third party characters, but I don't want to abandon the first party characters in the process and I don't think that's too much to ask. Best of both worlds is to continue introducing both.

As for characters I'd want? Well all of the following I'd be much more excited in seeing than the vast majority of third party characters

Skull Kid
Bandana Dee
King Boo
Rex and Pyra
Dixie Kong
Impa
Midna
Dark Matter
Elma
Captain Toad
Daroach
Spring Man
Fiora
Ashley
Isaac
Saki
Lip
Marin
Sceptile
Decidueye
Lyn
Dimitri
Gardevoir
Victini
Paula
Doc Louis
Porky
Kamek
Baby Mario (I actually really want him a lot)
Paper Mario
Funky Kong
Tingle
Sylux
Krystal
Andross
Tapu Koko
Black Shadow
Tiki
Medusa
9-volt
Hades
Tom Nook
KK Slider
Viridi
Pretty much any of the Xenoblade party members (so happy that game is getting remade)
Octoling
Squid Sisters
Takamaru
Balloon Fighter
Excite Biker
Diskun
Anything Rhythm Heaven
Savvy Stylist
Parabo and Satebo
Wonder Red
Chibi Robo
Anna
Waluigi
Pauline
Ect ect ect

What are some first party characters you want?

Last edited:

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
Here are my wanted fighters:
1. Poochy (Yoshi)
2. Bandana Dee (Kirby)
4. Shake King (Wario Land: Shake It!)
4. Corviknight (Poke'mon Sword/Shield)
5. T-Rex (Mario Odyssey)

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Edelgard is my most wanted first party character by a pretty wide margin. She's also my only first party request that I think has a decent shot, to be fair.

She's great though.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
I think it's a sad point in speculation when people have done a 180° and are now pretending there's no worth in first-party characters just to justify what they're getting.

So yeah, I support first party characters. My most wanted is Prince Sable, who I don't think is on that list? But many of the ones that are also have my strong support and would make me very hyped.

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
Current Third Party desires:

Captain Toad(and Toadette) or Toad (and Toadette!)
Dixie Kong
Waluigi
Bandana Waddle Dee
Meowth
Impa
Tingle
Tom Nook
Akira Howard (both genders)
Byleth
Anna
Elma

Last edited:

Dee Dude

“Never ask Dee for anything again”
3DS FC
0576-7674-5319
-Waluigi
-Isaac
-Bandana Dee
-Dixie Kong
-Akira Howard
-Impa
-Lyn
-Krystal
-Spring Man/Ribbon Girl
-Andy
-Chibi-Robo
-Toad
-Fiora
-Elma
-Samurai Goroh
-Meowth
-Byleth
-Rex & Pyra

That’s kinda it for me, anyone else is a honorable mention or a bonus.

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
I think I might actually do my Inktober based on First Party DLC options actually. I'll try and post as I do them.

(also damn, I forgot about Chibi-Robo and Isaac(somehow) on my list)

MAtgSy

Smash Ace
Just give me an Advance Wars character already, Sakurai! The assist trophy isn't even there anymore!

Also, Captain N would be nice if a tad bit unlikely.

BowserKing

Smash Lord
My choices (listed by franchise)

Fawful
Dark Bowser (Bowser's Echo-Fighter)
Dixie Kong (Diddy Kong's Echo-Fighter)
Ashley
Midna
Skull Kid
Sylux
Bandanna Dee
Adeleine (the most likely one)
Dark Meta Knight (Meta Knight's Echo-Fighter)
Krystal
Lugia
Decidueye (or Sceptile)
Pokémon from Sword and Shield (Frosmoth is my main choice)
Gardivoir
Porky
Bio-Rex
Black Shadow (Captain Falcon's Echo-Fighter)
Viridi
Ashley
Tom Nook (Villager's Echo-Fighter)
Elma
Octoling (Inkling's Echo-Fighter)
Spring-Man
Issac
Rhythm Heaven Rep
Muddy Mole

Would Geno count?, since he technically count as a Mario Rep

Last edited:

KickleCubiclist

Smash Apprentice
If Chibi Robo or Tom Nook got in I would die. I mean I already got my 3 most wanted Nintendo ones (Ridley, Isabelle, and K Rool) but come on. I need them.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
NintenRob NintenRob I don't know... Just:

Krystal
Dixie Kong
Porky
Pig Ganon
Skull Kid
Deoxys
Medusa
Hades
Viridi
Elma
Rex & Pyra
Paper Mario
Marx
Bandana Dee
Galacta Knight
Cranky Kong
Funky Kong
Lanky Kong
Lyn
Mach Rider
Ayumi Tachibana
Wart
Lip
Kamek
Shy Guy
Isaac
Demise
Black Shadow
Samurai Goroh
Blood Falcon
Sylux
Waluigi
Mona
Captain Syrup
Black Knight

Hmm... Who else am I missing from the top of my head?

Last edited:

Mariomaniac45213

The Nintendo Villain main!
Switch FC
SW 5604 9250 9133
While my speculating time is reserved just for Dixie Kong. I must say I do want more 1st party characters simply due to amiibo as Im pretty much over Smash as a whole. Smash Bros. is amiibos last "hurrah" so Im hoping any 1st party characters make it that dont have amiibo based off of them yet like..

- Dixie Kong
- Funky Kong
- Cranky Kong
- Porky Minch
- Krystal
- Medusa
- Viridi
- Spring-Man (or any other ARMS rep)
- Toadette
- Pauline
- Sylux
- Rex
- Pyra
- Mythra
- Eldegard
- Claude (best Three Houses Leader)
- Black Shadow
- Captain Syrup
- 9-Volt
- Skull Kid
- Tingle
- Slippy Toad
- Peppy Hare
- King Hippo
- King Boo (Luigi's Mansion design)
- Hades
- DJ Octavio
- Pig Ganon
- Louie
- Professor E.Gadd
- Mach Rider

Basically like I said my endgame is just the amiibo. I like collecting them and their are ao many more 1st party characters that should have one but dont. So far it looks like Incineroar and Dark Samus are the last 2 amiibo I will be collecting unfortunately.

Edit: Also side tangent the fact that Three Houses has built in amiibo functionality but Nintendo decided to NOT make a House Leaders triple pack still blows my mind. I would love to own amiibo of Claude and Edelgard. Dimitri would be a nice bonus.

Last edited:

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Let's not be to hasty and remember that (aside from veterans) Corrin is the only first party character we got in Smash 4's DLC. We already got more newcomers with the fighter's pass and with more fighters on the way I don't see the likelyihood that Sakurai and Nintendo are going to outright ignore potential first party fighters.

That said, I could list my Top 237 nintendo characters but my current top 2 newcomers remain to be Midna and Elma both being 1st party characters.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Andy & Isaac FTW!

Unfortunately, I don't have much confidence in either as DLC without a franchise revival proper for both. Let's hope for new beginnings for Advance Wars & Golden Sun, sooner than later.
Just give me an Advance Wars character already, Sakurai! The assist trophy isn't even there anymore!

Also, Captain N would be nice if a tad bit unlikely.
Well said my guy!

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
I really starting to hate what Smash speculation has turned into. I'm actually getting insulted for wanting and supporting Nintendo characters.

Getting dismissed because I called Smash Bros a Nintendo crossover.

I got out of there quickly but it's so hard to avoid now. I feel isolated from something I use to feel so included by.

xzx

Smash Lord
I really want Paper Mario first and foremost. Chibi-Robo is second.

Sebas22

Smash Journeyman
I'm still surprised Hades wasn't included in the roster. Not even as a stage, it's so weird. If spirits really don't mean anything for the separate DLC, he has my total support.

Aetheri

Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
I really starting to hate what Smash speculation has turned into. I'm actually getting insulted for wanting and supporting Nintendo characters.

I got out of there quickly but it's so hard to avoid now. I feel isolated from something I use to feel so included by.
I wouldn't worry about it that much. There's no definitive proof that Sakurai and Nintendo are outright refusing to add Nintendo characters for the DLC, even if they decide to go with nothing but third parties.

That said its not uncommon for some people to respond in a negative way to ideas that go against the common consensus, especially in a community that seems to center around speculation and theory crafting. Just block out any of the negativity and let it affect you less than how your ideas are affecting them. Because clearly if they respond in such a negative way that's honestly their problem.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719

People need to do more research into games with multiple DLC seasons and look at how different the seasons are. While this fighter's pass was planned before they could even acknowledge Waluigi complaints, season 2 could be planned around:
  1. How Ultimate has outsold Brawl, and therefore doesn't really need an expanded audience
  2. Complaints about characters like Waluigi, Isaac, Rex not being playable
  3. Having a lower budget, and working around that by not licensing third-parties and using characters from already-represented series who don't need a new stage
I'm still surprised Hades wasn't included in the roster. Not even as a stage, it's so weird. If spirits really don't mean anything for the separate DLC, he has my total support.
It's a shame people are focusing so much on Medusa and not on Viridi or Hades. I get that she's the final boss of the original KI, but who cares about that game anymore? It's all about Uprising.

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
Here's a photo of an pretend Fighters Pass with my most wanted characters:
20190926_132934.jpg

Free DLC: CD-I Ganon (Faces of Evil, not shown here.)
1st DLC Fighter: Bandana Dee (Kirby series)
2nd DLC Fighter: Poochy (Yoshi series)
3rd DLC Fighter: Shake King (Wario Land: Shake It!)
4th DLC Fighter: Corviknight (Poke'mon Sword and Shield)
5th DLC Fighter: T. Rex (Mario Odyssey)

Would anyone buy this?
I would definitely buy it.
(I made this on Mircosoft Word, Windows 7 but don't have fancy stuff like Photoshop.)

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

First parties I want/would like:
-Andy (Advance Wars)
-Isaac (Golden Sun)
-Chibi-Robo (Chibi-Robo)
-Spring man (ARMS)
-Mach Rider (Mach Rider)
-Sukapon (Joy Mech Fight)
-Takamaru (Mysterious Murasame Castle)
-Chorus Kids (Rhythm Heaven)
-Dixie Kong (Donkey Kong Country)
-Funky Kong (Donkey Kong Country)
-Waluigi (Mario)
-Skull Kid (Zelda)
-Midna (Zelda)
-Ashley (Warioware)
-Jimmy T. (Warioware)
-Three Houses rep (Fire Emblem)
-Lyn (Fire Emblem)
-Ninten (Mother)
-Porky (Mother)
-Duster (Mother)
-Rex/Pyra (Xenoblade Chronicles 2)
-Bandanna Dee (Kirby)
-Samurai Goroh (F-Zero)

If I had to narrow it down to ten though this would be it:
1) Isaac (Golden Sun)
2) Rex/Pyra (Xenoblade)
3) Chorus Kids (Rhythm Heaven)
4) Mach Rider (Mach Rider)
5) Dixie Kong (DKC)
6) Skull Kid (Zelda)
7) Sukapon (Joy Mech Fight)
8) Andy (Advance Wars)
9) Bandanna Dee (Kirby)
10) Duster (Mother)

Aetheri

Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Which of them don't you like?
I don't mind your opinion, just trying to be kind.
Btw you misspelled underwhelming.
Was a typo.

Not that I inherently dislike any of the others I just don't really care for them.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
I guess I'll make a list too:

:ultmario: Waluigi, Toad
:ultdk: Dixie Kong
:ultlink: Impa, Tetra
:ultkirby: Bandana Dee
:ultpikachu: See here (tried to limit myself to 3 per gen)
:ultfalcon: Samurai Goroh
:ultmarth: Lyn, Hector
:ultwario: Really any of the WarioWare employees, but mainly Mona, Jimmy T, 9-Volt
:ultshulk: Elma, Rex
:ultinkling: Octoling
Unrepresented series: Isaac, Takamaru, Excitebiker, Saki, someone from Rhythm Heaven, Spring Man

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
View attachment 240043

Would anyone buy this?
(I made this on Mircosoft Word, Windows 7 but don't have fancy stuff like Photoshop.)
I'd buy it for Dee but the rest are really random picks.

Sebas22

Smash Journeyman
View attachment 240043

Would anyone buy this?
Hmm... here's what I think.
- CD-I Ganon: NOPE. I mean, most Zelda fans are already unhappy with the fact that only alternate versions of the same characters are in and no real newcomers like Skull Kid, Midna or Tingle (to name a few) have been considered. Now let's add the ugliest Ganon ever to Smash. Bad idea.
- Bandanna Dee: Now, this one is a high quality choice. No problem here.
- Poochy: I like him, but I don't know... I'm not sure if he would make a great fighter. I think he would work better as an assist trophy, but that's me.
- Shake King: Again, truly a high quality pick. We definitely need Wario Land representation.
- Corviknight: I like his design, but I feel that we have enough Pokémon in the game. Still, a good choice.
- T. Rex: I think we can safely say that the TOO BIG argument fits 100% this time. Like, if we had a different Mario completely based on Odyssey, I can see this as the Final Smash.

PS: You misspelled Microsoft, by the way. ;)

Last edited:

Mariomaniac45213

The Nintendo Villain main!
Switch FC
SW 5604 9250 9133
I'd much rather have Captain Syrup than Shake King a one-off fairly uninteresting villain. Where as Syrup has appeared in more than just one Wario Land game, is Wario's "rival" in said games and is another new female character. Something Ultimate has been severely lacking in.

Dalek_Kolt

Smash Master
Interesting thread.
I've been posting this around the boards, but this is my wishlist of fighters to be put in the game, chances of them getting in be darned.
1569778040667.png

EricTheGamerman

Smash Master

Why is Smash Bros. moving on from just a Nintendo crossover a bad thing? Nothing about the Nintendo crossover element is gone from Smash, hell, it's the best it has ever been from basically all points of view (Playable characters, Assist Trophies, and I mean there's 94 stages dedicated to Nintendo characters, which is insane for any Smash). I mean, at this point, more Smash games have had third parties than not, so I don't know if the "Nintendo crossover" descriptor has been completely relevant for some time and I think people do tend to kind of push back against that terminology when it just isn't an all that correct way to describe Smash. There's a large base dedicated to Nintendo, but the series has evolved in meaningful ways to incorporate a wide variety of characters.

I'm not going to insult people for wanting first party characters and I don't think many people actually are insulting first party characters. It's the name of speculation to change with trends (it always has and always will) and we're in a third party dominated speculation because the trend has been towards third parties and people have reasoned out why Nintendo may be more interested in them over a great deal of first party options. I know some people may be harsher than others, but I would like to remind people that genuine speculation will stay more grounded to following certain lines of logic as opposed to freely discussing characters and its not intended as a full on condemnation of those characters or their fans. When people say, "I don't think first parties have a place in DLC because of X, Y, and Z," I feel like people take that as a personal attack when its just speculation, and speculation is always a much colder task than just general discussion, and those are generally meant to be two separate realms of thought.

I think it's possible to see a couple of first parties show up in future DLC, but I did want to come to this thread to sort of highlight a couple of things that lead to the current state of affairs. I think that speculation vs. discussion idea is a huge component that people should consider more often as separate entities as people will approach the same topic with differing ideas of how to approach it. People's tastes just change too and I think Smash becoming more third party based has moved a lot of people away from first parties as a point of interest now that so much more seems possible. And for people interested in third parties, it's harder to be sympathetic when there are still 67 playable Nintendo characters in the roster to enjoy compared to the 14 third parties. I realize the DLC thus far has prioritized third parties and that's part of the complaint, but there's an amazing amount of Nintendo content in the game already so I'm not sure one DLC season focusing on third parties should be such an issue.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
so other first parties i want, bandana dee, impa, ocotlings, rex, digby, legionis, cranky kong, qbby, mallo, urban champion, anyone from rhythm paradise, isaac, andy

there are others but i cant remember atm

Top Bottom