• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The First Annual Ponting Award. Vote Now!

Redact

Professional Nice Guy
In memory of our great friend, Harry Ponting, and the best player to ever grace Australia (including mango, m2k or ken) I present to you the first annual...

Harry Ponting Award

This award is to celebrate the great contribution that someone has brought to the community rather than the game itself. Wether it be through amazing insightful posts, flawless contribution to discussion or simply just being the pinnicale of our community, these people never cease to bring their best.

These people are the best and they only deserve the best so the winner of this award will receive a super secret prize at SSV as well as a trophy for their contributions.

And now for the nominees:

SurPr15e with his near stalker level of knowledge despite being around for only about a year now:
Hey Basty. I'm pretty pro at Where's Wally. My eyesight's pretty good. It's so good I noticed S.D on stream at EVO 2013 during top 8. S.D is the one with the white shirt on Mango's left.
View attachment 18796
Basty with his ban from the SSV thread:
Batsy.jpg

Meredyse with his amazing call on S.D's facebook:
Meredyse.jpg

Vote now by going to this link!

https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/F3QVBLY

PS: This isn't a joke there really is a prize and trophy.

Last edited:

Juci

Smash Apprentice
I thought it was about someone who legit helped the scene, and then I read surprise and almost started crying of laughter.

Dekar289

Smash Hero
I thought it was about someone who legit helped the scene, and then I read surprise and almost started crying of laughter.
there will also be awards at shadowloo in other categories, such as community contribution and 'most improved' etc

Attila_

The artist formerly known as 'shmot'
BRoomer
@ woodsta woodsta It's a mix of naturalness and experience with public speaking . I also got inspiration from Jeff Hardy from WWE since he is known as the "Extreme Enigma". Dictatorial speeches also helped me make my speeches and posts hype, enigmatic and motivational. Nido says when I post I sound like a mix between an army general and a motivational speaker. If you want to see my most enigmatic post read the third post on this page http://smashboards.com/threads/shad...k-please-next-major-santasmash.336752/page-15. Also, what did you think of the song.

PeePee is 23 years old. Fun fact, his birthday is 2 days after mine which is September 23. By the way Dean, thank you for appreciating my commentary, I hope it made your day and Penguin/Hughie, it was good teaming up with you. I can still hear my commentary on Scribble vs Shuvl with you. We need to team more in the future and if Allens is on Smashboards, we need to team up on commentary again. VIC and SA.

EDIT- Here is a song that could be used at BAM for a trailer or whatever. It sounds epic and the lyrics are good and give a kind of description of the community. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqk8PZZS20g. Just take the time to listen through it. It does not have screams for the conservative ones. Fun fact: It is also the theme for The Texas Chainsaw Massacre (2003). If you want a song that perfectly describes the feeling in ourselves while playing competitve Smash or just about the community, then listen to this one http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1LusBXwf74E. Again no screams for the conservative ones.
Don't worry BC mah boi. You will always be in our hearts and I will dedicate my win in your honour. I trust you will watch the stream, that way at least we all have some part of you during the event. Make sure you comment in the stream because if you do, you will make me a very happy man and will make the rest of the community happy. You know, for some reason I feel like I am treating Shadowloo Showdown as though it is Wrestlemania you know. That we are fighting on the grandest stage of them all which is quite true. Keep an eye out later, I am going to create and post a Shadowloo Showdown match card to bring the hype back to Smash @ Shadowloo Showdown. By the way, that really long post I made a few posts above is what I like to call the SurPr15e motivation rant. Here is some music to bring the hype back: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nypzmRHSif4 (CD-I Ganon's version of Through the fire and flames a.k.a Through the DIE and the BUUURN) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lGlIlDqmweM (CD-I Ganon's version of Poker Face a.k.a Your Face) and http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1LusBXwf74E (Symphony X- Set the world on fire) whose lyrics fit perfectly and music make you want to play more Smash and bring the hype to Shadowloo Showdown in an epic way. Here is the version with the instrumental if you liked that song and want to feel even more epic : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DYg9BL3gHP0 (Symphony X- Set the world on fire + Oculus Ex Inferni (instrumental at start of song, latin translation Eye of Hell) ) . Bring the hype back, LONG LIVE SMASH.
There was also a post about Emily, but I can't seem to find it...

dean.

NNID
dean7599
3DS FC
1435-4425-6023
I'd like to vote for the guy on facebook who tried to warn us all about the dangers of Freemason's halls
But otherwise I have to throw my support behind mah boi SurPr15e

Dekar289

Smash Hero
you don't get banned from single thread, it's forum wide
only temporary though iirc

Splice

Smash Hero
Can I nominate Josiah pls
wants $3000 dollars to run a tournament with games no-one plays
Incredible fear of Freemason Illuminati, asks people to boycott tournament venue

Quality work imo

DD_

Smash Journeyman
Can I nominate Josiah pls
wants $3000 dollars to run a tournament with games no-one plays
Incredible fear of Freemason Illuminati, asks people to boycott tournament venue

Quality work imo
Dude for a measly $3000 we can all be free from their Secretive Rituals that we know nothing about. While we know little information they are BAD NEWS

EDIT: Ohh and +1 for Surprise, He deserves to win something imo

Last edited:

S.D

Smash Master
I can't choose between Suprise and Basty both hilarious. I think sheer weight of Pontingness has to go to surprise though for his overall efforts.

1ampercent

Smash Journeyman
I can't decide yet, waiting for the ultimate hype posts / trash talk between these nominees!

Well obviously Basty is too good so they temp banned him to make it fair.

Redact

Professional Nice Guy
I can't choose between Suprise and Basty both hilarious. I think sheer weight of Pontingness has to go to surprise though for his overall efforts.
I just had to vote surprise for rocking up to bam looking like he gonna rob a train in the wild west

Splice

Smash Hero
Basty is a bit of a newcomer and I think loses out to SurPr15e and his long term efforts.
But then again...

"am i banned from the shadowloo friend i cant post anymore help"

This is my favourite thing. This is perfect.

Hughie

Smash Lad
I can't decide yet, waiting for the ultimate hype posts / trash talk between these nominees!

Well obviously Basty is too good so they temp banned him to make it fair.
Surprise got temp banned in the lead up to ss2k13, the same time he did a quadruple post, which was lol

Last edited:

woodsta

Smash Apprentice
I'll be surprised if SurPr15e doesn't win this

huehuehuehue

Last edited:

Nido

ily Sebby
My vote is definitely for SurPr15e.

I will be SurPr15ed and saddened if he doesn't win.

Skeletom

Smash Journeyman
Are Linda or Charlie Ponting coming to present the award? It would be nice to finally meet the family that contributed so much to our community.

S.D

Smash Master
Are Linda or Charlie Ponting coming to present the award? It would be nice to finally meet the family that contributed so much to our community.
I assumed they had met a similar fate to Thomas and Martha Wayne, forging the superhero we know as Harry Ponting.

SurPr15e

Smash Journeyman
There was also a post about Emily, but I can't seem to find it...
Hey Attila. Is this what you are looking for?
BAM 6 thread post #266. "This year at BAM can we expect to see the return of veteran smashers such as CAOTIC, Kupo, Shaz, Cella and SabreAnt a.k.a the Core Four, Stryder, MystWalker, Earl or BringerOfDeath etc. I really want to see Kupo as I want to see a girl win a tournament for a change or at least come in top 8 if I win (highly unlikely but you never know. I could SurPr15e you.)"

BAM 6 post #268 "What this means is that I just want to see some veterans in the AUS smash scene come back at BAM. I also want to see Kupo and how she plays after having not played for a couple of years. Since Kupo is a girl, I want to see her win as I have not seen a girl win an AUS smash tourney in ages."

By the way. Thank you guys for all the support and votes you've given me especially @ Mytus Mytus . That picture of me is amazing. Words cannot express how thankful and grateful I am to you guys. The Australian Smash community is truly the one of the best (and funniest/most humorous) smash communities out there.

Basty

Smash Ace
I had no idea this was a thing
I'll make a video of my contributions to get me more votes seeing as that is no where in the rules

Last edited:
Top Bottom