• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Finnish Topic (Power Rankings in separate topic)

Yuna

BRoomer
BRoomer
Of course I'll come to RN5. I expect Helios, Ek, Onito, Smash Alex and Neophos will come as well as we've all discussed coming :). Entry fee sounds good as I might be able to take 2nd in Teams XD.

Being able to record vids would be nice since my only vids are from January and people keep going "WTF, you're so much better than in your vids" :p.

What about a barbecue this time? Barbecues are nice. We could get disposable grills (Engångsgrillar) and have a big barbecue.

Helios

BRoomer
BRoomer
Uhm, Yuna, we discussed going to Nintendo of Finlands tournament, not RN5. RN5 seems a bit too scrubby, however feel free to show me wrong. If there's good competition, and an entry fee, I'd be interested.

Yuna

BRoomer
BRoomer
Good point. But remember, RN5 will have the same Smashers as the one TelpeFion originally planned. The same people are going, I expect TelpeFion (and maybe you and possibly me and whoever else wants to) to organize the tourney or just meddle to keep it a good tourney.

However, it WILL be quite small compared to other SSBM-tourneys (in terms of how many who play Smash seriously will show up). Well, it'd be nice to have at least ONE Swede present so we could team :p

Neophoschu, I choose you!

Ijuka

Smash Ace
I will very probadly come to RN5, and I will try asking if I'll be able to come there on the 17th(prolly yes), becouse I really need to play ppl. And I will play VilNess again becouse last time it went 1 win - 1 loss. >_> WMK, I haven't advanced like at all since the last time we played, so expect to own me. Link ditto >_>

Yuna

BRoomer
BRoomer
I challenge all Finns to Pengzmatches. Spread the word. Finschu! I chooe you!

Fins to pengzmatch:
Vilness
Ijuka
TelpeFion
Panu
Miquelion
Masa
Nok
Phenom

TelpeFion

Smash Lord
Helios, right now it looks like that NoF tourney may never happen. And WTF, RN is definitely not scrubby. The only problem is time, we can't run a tourney for 10 hours, we have to do it faster. If I were to guess I'd say NoF's tourney would be scrubbier (at least when you look at the tourneys they've organized before... making everyone play G&W in time matches with all items & stages on...).

Ijuka, glad to hear all of that (especially the part of you not having improved). Nah just kidding, very nice if you make it on the 17th so we get some HC training done.

Ijuka

Smash Ace
TelpeFion said:
Helios, right now it looks like that NoF tourney may never happen. And WTF, RN is definitely not scrubby. The only problem is time, we can't run a tourney for 10 hours, we have to do it faster. If I were to guess I'd say NoF's tourney would be scrubbier (at least when you look at the tourneys they've organized before... making everyone play G&W in time matches with all items & stages on...).

Ijuka, glad to hear all of that (especially the part of you not having improved). Nah just kidding, very nice if you make it on the 17th so we get some HC training done.
Hmm..me coming to the "event" on 17th is a little erm...unsure, becouse we are going somewhere on the 18th and my mom erm..thinks that it would be too busy, so..I still wouldn't improve, the only char I have improved on is Link -_-

Yuna

BRoomer
BRoomer
WTF is HC and CRAP! DoujinMadoi:04 will be held on the 13th-14th of August >_>' It's an animecon with a traditional SSBM-tourney. I guess I'll have to prioritize.

It could go either way for me and Neophos as we both frequent DoujinMadoi (last time, it was me and Neophos who faced off in the finals) and both were at RN4.

TelpeFion

Smash Lord
Yeah, at Doujinmadjuaeio or whatever you face eachother in the finals. What does that tell of the level of competition there? At RN5 you get me, Ijuka & VilNess... possibly even some of these other foreigners.

HC = Hardcore.

Ijuka, too bad then... if you can come all of a sudden, please let me know as soon as possible.

Neophos

Smash Ace
No Ijuka? wtf

Well, I guess I'll ask Yuna >_> It would be boring going to Finland alone, so if she prefers J cult, we'll go there ;3 We need another 16 match final!

Yuna

BRoomer
BRoomer
Well, I guess RN5 will give us more competition. It'd be better for getting more Smash in as Dr. Capsule doesn't even play friendlies at DoujinMadoi anymore for reasons unknown >_>'.

Let's go to RN5 unless the boat tickets cost 1000 or something >_>'. Speaking of boat tickets, I'll check out the costs. Brb.

EDIT: Alright this sucks. Between the 22/6 - 14/8, we can get tickets as cheap as 252 (one way) Between 15/8 and 31/8, we can get them for 72 >_>'.

I guess we'll stay for one more day and go home o nthe 15/8 or something to get that cheap ticket ;)

Off to calculate the cheapest possible ticket prices.

EDIT 2: I've now checked out the prices. If we take the ferry both ways without booking cabins (in other words: We'll sleep on those airplane-like seats again), it'll cost us 692 SEK in total, meaning it'll cost 344 SEK each (in total).

That's a good enough price for me :). Anywhou, so which dates do you want to have the tickets booked for? And how long can you house us, TelpeFion? It would be fun to be able to arrive a few days earlier (1-2?) for winding down after the trip and also freeplay. And for obvious reasons, the earliers we can go home is the 15th (the boats all leave really early in the morning, 09.30-ish).

Neophos

Smash Ace
You'll be busy fapping to furry pron or something. Go to Finland and met VilNess instead, he roXXorz.

Yuna - sounds good to me :3 344 isn't all that much, I should have enough cash for that (even though RoS2 cost me a good 1500 SEK >___<;)

And Dr. Capsule plays friendlies >_> At the most recent J cult, we played a good 10 matches or so. I guess he's busy eating pizza most of the time though (he was eating pizza like, 80% of the time >__<!)

Yuna

BRoomer
BRoomer
How the XBOX did you end up spending 1500 on RoS2?! I live much farther away from Gothenburg than you and it only cost me a total of 600 SEK inkl. food expenses (then again I was smart, what with the cooking my own food (and others')).

What did you do? Order takeout Chinese from China for each meal?

Ijuka

Smash Ace
TelpeFion said:
Yeah, at Doujinmadjuaeio or whatever you face eachother in the finals. What does that tell of the level of competition there? At RN5 you get me, Ijuka & VilNess... possibly even some of these other foreigners.

HC = Hardcore.

Ijuka, too bad then... if you can come all of a sudden, please let me know as soon as possible.
*cough* Now it seems like I CAN come, still not sure tho..I'll inform when I am totally sure >_>

Panu

Smash Rookie
Could it be possible to play crewbattles at RN5? Crewbattles own. Is there going to be any pengz on the line at RN5?

And if Entomo doesn't agree to crewbattles, then take advantage of his WHATTAHAX-fobia ;)

Yuna

BRoomer
BRoomer
WMK's gonna have a pot... but only for those who want to play with money. Those who don't are free to flake.

Crews would be nice. What would it be, you, WMK, me and Neo?

TelpeFion

Smash Lord
If our REAL crew is there with at least 4 people then we will obviously crew with them. If not we'll try to get a real "Team Finland". There won't be time for crews on Saturday, but since we only need one TV we could play it on Friday.

Neophos

Smash Ace
Yuna - Actually, I don't have a clue >_>

I only did 2 pengz matches, only bought 2 pizzas and 3 sodas, entered singles and teams and crews, and it costed 1480 SEK.

But most of the pengz went to those ****ing SJ >_< Train was full, and unless I wanted to wait 6 hours for the next one, I had to go with First class, costing me 375 god**** SEK for Gothenburg - Skovde. Then the buss costs about a 100 from Skovde to Mariestad >_>

blargh. Hope I can convince my mom to buy me a SJ Gold Yearcard :3

Yuna

BRoomer
BRoomer
Or buy "Just Nu" tickets >_>. Buy them at least 3 weeks in advance and they'll only cost 147 kr. >_> Or buy Last Minutes exactly 24 hours in advance I guess.

No other Swedes seem to be coming. So it'll be me and Neophos with 10 stock each.

Helios

BRoomer
BRoomer
Right, I don't quite get the point of letting people choose whether to pay the entry fee or not? someone explain please?

TelpeFion

Smash Lord
I think we'll just have an entry fee for everyone. It was someone's idea that the ones who don't want to pay don't have to. In that case they wouldn't get as much/any money at all for placing high in the tournament. Of course this wouldn't matter that much, since what are the chances of someone coming out of nowhere and winning?

Helios

BRoomer
BRoomer
It's still a totally ******** idea. What if the top 3 haven't paid?
What's the reason to pay if you don't have to? No one else will.

Helios

BRoomer
BRoomer
What if nobody else is paying?
Then you just put your own money on the line, and you just risk losing it, with no chance to win more money back...

Yuna

BRoomer
BRoomer
It's not like I expect people to dish out 10 Euros each or something. 5 Euros maybe?

Ok, apparentely I'll save 20 euros if I leave for Helsinki on the wednesday. Could I do that, Telpefion? I'd arrive in Helsinki thursday morning I guess :p. That's OK, right? I'll get Neophos on the same boat (but since he's not 20 or above, he'll have to pay the 20 euros extra XD).

EDIT: OK, TelpeFion, how many days do you want me and Neophos to be there for? :) (when do you want us to arrive, I'd say thursday being the latest and when do you want us to leave, with monday being the earliest?)?

Ijuka

Smash Ace
seems like I can go there on the 17th, soo..what time would be appropriate for me to come there?

TelpeFion

Smash Lord
VilNess' train arrives at Helsinki at 10.30 AM. I don't know if he needs anything from the city, so lets say it's fine to come around noon.

Also, get online sometimes will ya?

VilNess

Smash Champion
Hehe SORRY guys I forgot checking out this forum and forgot about the finnish topic :D :D

anyway. Had fun during weekends smashing, except I forgot my controller in WMKs house and my thumb was hurt for 3 days because of my crappy controller :p

I just gonna be honest here, but It seems the Finnish player-kill list needs to be reorganised with characters:

1st. tied with Vilness´s Ness and WMk´s Samus and possibly Ijukas Sheik.
we both had some crazy **** with our mains and were pretty even in wins with these chars. Still pissed in our 3x dashattack to spike combo :p
I put Ijukas sheik there because it is his best character and I had trouble with her.

2nd: Ijukas Fox and VilNess Luigi and possibly some WMK´s char here (of which greatness I forgot, like shiek)
Ijukas fox is crazy technically but man, you do need to learn to be more unpreditacble and like not ramble at every situation! if you learned anticipation I´d say you could be the best finnish smasher... but until you lose to my Bowser twice in a row.. you still need practise. and use laser more against these slower chars, like my ganon/bowser because they have to go offensive if you start lasering. I put my luigi there too because I did win most of my matches with him, I think I didn´t win WMK´s samus even once (we played 2 times that matchup) and I lost to your ganon but all the other matchups (like FALCO!!!) I won :D... and if i remember correctly I didn´t lose once against Ijukas fox with luigi, oh one exception which was in Captain Falcon stage. but other than that, no loses against your fox with my luigi.
You did good against my Ness... till I started DjCspamming and from there on we were pretty even.

3rd: My bowser, LOL :D
well after this meeting I´ve been playing almost only bowser and I´m getting better with him. I have this cool combo which is swipe (neutral A) to utilt and it works suprisingly often! oh, and now I almost spam uair,grabs,klaw,bair and Pf3ier! YEAH BOWSER RuLEZ!

4rd. most of Ijukas and WMKs chars, Masas luigi and Panu´s best chars...
this is mostly assumption but I guess it should be quite true.

5th: other finnish smashers

1219th: WMKs Ganondorf.

TelpeFion

Smash Lord
VilNess said:
1219th: WMKs Ganondorf.
*****. It's just that Ness > Ganondorf. My Ganondorf doesn't suck that bad...

As for the rest if your post, I pretty much agree, except it's like

1. VilNess' Ganondorf
2... the rest

Dash attack -> Dash attack -> Dash attack -> spike = best combo ever.

I think Ijuka's Fox is his best character. He's getting better all the time, which means he is getting better mindgame-wise, which means he's Fox is getting REALLY scary.

Too bad I didn't play your Bowser, VilNess.

I played a best of 3 Fox ditto with Ijuka for the purple Fox. Ijuka beat me. Then we played a best of 3 Sheik ditto for the green Sheik. I won that one, though it was insanely close.

I noticed my Sheik can be pretty tough when I play defensively, like in that one match vs. VilNess' Ness where I killed him first time without taking any damage.

There's no need to play low tier tournaments in Finland... there's no way VilNess' Luigi & Ness could be beat.

Right now we have to focus on Team Finland for RN5. I'm still not quite sure on who should be in the team. WMK, VilNess & Ijuka are the backbone, but who else? Panu is #1 contender for the 4th spot in my opinion. We may take up to 6 players, we won't know for sure 'til at RN5.

Also, Silver Alliance is going to beat any and all Finnish crews at RN5.

TelpeFion

Smash Lord
You will get 20 stock for the Finland vs. Sweden match.

Silver Alliance: me, Panu and our local friends. I think we'll have a 5-man crew. But that hasn't really got anything to do with you & Neophos since we are only trying to assemble ourselves as the #1 Finnish crew, kinda what OBD is in Sweden.

Top Bottom