• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Finnish Topic (Power Rankings in separate topic)

Yuna

BRoomer
BRoomer
Also, I'm still upset you wanna play it as RR -> Single Elimination. RR -> Double Elimination. If we're short on time, just have a 16-man DE bracket.

Yuna

BRoomer
BRoomer
I we start the tourney early, we can have RR -> 8-man DE. If we must, we'll just have DE. But SE after RR is just stupid.

VilNess

Smash Champion
Hehe whatever.
btw. Cool sig, WMK!
though you should put your black(/brown?) samus there. well whatever, that´s nickpiting or how you spell it?

My Ganon that good? Well I did win sometimes against your samus and Ijukas fox... but I lost against both of them too.
Ganon is like bowser, easy to play but you have to have 100% knowledge on your character (like range, lack etc.) so you can concentrate on looking at your opponents char. This way you don´t come out as an mindless shuffler who always loses :p

TelpeFion

Smash Lord
It's not black Samus I play, it's purple. That's like saying you play black Ness.

The banner was made by Neophos, I didn't even request it. He made it because he was bored... It would have the purple Samus, but you can't find any pics.

VilNess

Smash Champion
blahblahblah
anyway. I think you did play against my Bowser, WMK. your Mewtwo got three stocked!

RN5 is getting closer and Masa will be joining me. I´ve taught him some Marth-things so BEWARE! :D

hmm... I missed your silver alliance crap. getting cocky eh? save the cocky attitude for girls and concentrate on not losing against crappy low-tier chars and maybe your silver-blah could be number 1.

btw. your defensive sheik and pretty much many other matchups... If you can remember it was usually me who was at loss in the first stock. then I started seeing patterns in your play-styles and got the gap narrower. just thought I´d point that out if yer interested in my style or something. :p

It´s only a week till RN5 so I suggest you guys learn to play against Luigi, you´ll be seeing 2 of those next week, yup!

TelpeFion

Smash Lord
Confirmed crews so far:

Silver Alliance (Metsälä)
Pahikset (Vantaa)
Kajaani

Also, at least Espoo might have a crew.

How can we learn to play against Luigi with no Luigis around? Also, MARTH? I'm scared of no Marth, pff.

Just trying to hype the crews...

VilNess

Smash Champion
C´mon don´t take everything so literally :p

anyway is our crew confirmed? it consists of me and Masa.
cool huh?

Well you can learn to playt against luigi if you learn to play him! Like I had to learn some Samus last week (I got doublemissiles down on 25% accurate :D )
and got his basic stuff down. now I won´t fall for some stupid dashattack death-combos... or so I say.

Ijuka

Smash Ace
VilNess said:
C´mon don´t take everything so literally :p

anyway is our crew confirmed? it consists of me and Masa.
cool huh?

Well you can learn to playt against luigi if you learn to play him! Like I had to learn some Samus last week (I got doublemissiles down on 25% accurate :D )
and got his basic stuff down. now I won´t fall for some stupid dashattack death-combos... or so I say.
Indeed, that combo was awesome ;)

TelpeFion

Smash Lord
Ijuka, can you bring GC + SSBM? You could bring N64 controllers as well, there should be time for some SSB. I guess I can bring an N64 + SSB.

VilNess... crews are 4-6 people. Sorry... it's really an advantage for the two of you, since your average skill is better than that of other crews. You know at least 1 person in our crew, you played like 1 match against him at my place. So you can our skill level drops drastically after the top 2 players. No L-cancels, no WD... techs like 20 % of the time.

You should get all your brothers to come, then you'd have a real crew. In fact, if you really want, we CAN let you play as a crew. But if you win it'll be because there's only two of you. Soon Yuna will make Team Yuna with Yuna with 20 stock. You get the point.

Don't take me too seriously either.

Oh yeah, Yuna, you have housing.

Yuna

BRoomer
BRoomer
What do you mean "soon"? I thought it was set that I was gonna be Crew Yuna with me and 20 stock (find one player that's good against me and I'll go down like a ton of bricks!).

Anyway, great that I have housing ^_^. It's OK that I arrive 09.55 thursday morning, right ^_^? Only 3 days left now 'til I have to leave (Wednesday afternoon) ^_^.

TelpeFion

Smash Lord
Get Neophos to come.

Team Sweden will play against team Finland. You won't play against other crews.

Why must you always arrive so early... well, I'll be there.

VilNess

Smash Champion
Yeah, we want Neophos!

okay it seems our crew is gonna fall apart before it even started. :p

Here are some characters (in no order) that I have prepared to use. it seems I have characters all over tier-list.

Bowser
Ness
Luigi
Ganondorf
Marth

so maybe I´ll just list some matchups I want to play:

my Luigi vs. WMK Samus&Ganon&Falco
my Marth vs. same as above
my Ness vs WMK same ^
my Ganon vs WMK same
Bowser ditto with WMK and maybe against his better chars so we can see how does my bowser do :)

and all my chars vs. Ijukas fox and sheik. off course well take Ganon vs link too. :)

TelpeFion

Smash Lord
My Sheik then? Heh, I still think Sheik is my 2nd best char. However, it seems my Sheik skill fluctuates... some days I kick ***, other days my name gets taken.

2 members of our crew flaked. I'm trying to find a 4th member right now, it sucks if we can't enter crews.

My Fox is better now. My Ganon is better now. My Jigglypuff is better now. We'll see what I do in the tourney. I feel like going random characters. :psycho:

VilNess

Smash Champion
oh yeah, forgot your sheikkie... but everybody plays sheik anyway so it doesn´t matter :p
...well everyone else except us.

Yuna

BRoomer
BRoomer
With all of these open slots for crews, how about someone take me in? It's not like we're having money for Crews. Or are we? >_>' Also, is there any money involved in Teams? (thinking about how much I have to bring)

Anyway, Neophos just can't come. He doesn't have an ID yet, which is REQUIRED since 9/11. But only to go from Sweden to Finland... not the other way 'round... for some reason... at least that's what the harbour security guard told us >_>'.

Also, he doesn't have money. >_>'

So if Neophos can't come, I can't enter crews? >_>' That sucks. I wanna play 1-man crew vs. the rest! >_>'

VilNess

Smash Champion
I think we should allow Yuna to play his super 1-man crew against All Finnish guys who want to participate: every Finnish guy has 1-stock, Yuna has stocks equal of finnish participants :D

Seapking of which, we should put the ruleset here:
I think 4-stock matches are good, maybe 5- in finals and (possibly semifinals too?)
I think we should take YS and possibly battlefield out of random, but Yoshis Story moreso. I really don´t want to lose because my PK thunder hits some crappy shy guy? also I don´t want to win because some shy guy jumps in front my enemys charge shot/turnips or somthing.

Battlefield isn´t too bad but it´s really bad for fastfallers and some others who suffer from glicthy edges.

so in random We´d have: Final D. Dreamland64. FoD and Pokestadium

everyone ok? good.

Yuna

BRoomer
BRoomer
I'm all for removing BF and YS from Random. BF is already removed from all tourneys in Sweden.

Change of plans: I'm leaving on Sunday since the boat leaves so lave (16.55), so I'll only need housing Thursday - Friday.

TelpeFion, please confirm that you'll be there to meet me 09.55 Standard Finnish Time on Thursday morning. :)
And confirm it soon as I leave tomorrow afternoon.

TelpeFion

Smash Lord
Yuna, I'll be there!

As for removing YS from random, it's fine I guess. I've had 2 charge shots cancelled by Shy Guys, it does suck. As Yuna said, Battlefield won't be on random anyway.

Yuna, you will play against Team Finland. I don't think you should play against the "real" Finnish crews. What's the point anyway? I guarantee you'd win.

Yuna

BRoomer
BRoomer
How about if I sneak my way into one of the existing crews? I want to play in crews! >_<'.

Who's in Team Finland? You, Ijuka, Vilness, Panu?

Yuna

BRoomer
BRoomer
TelpeFion, I need your address and telephone number ASAP. My parents won't give me money to go if I don't have it. Also, it'd help if I had the address of the venue and possible phone number(s).

TelpeFion

Smash Lord
FallenAngelII said:
Who's in Team Finland? You, Ijuka, Vilness, Panu?
Me, VilNess & Ijuka are set. I won't know about the rest 'til at the tourney. I have never played Masa (VilNess' brother), and MasterTK might be another option for the team.

I PM'd you with my address and phone number. You can find the address of the venue along with entomo's number somewhere on the RN5 info page on Arctic Charge.

Yuna

BRoomer
BRoomer
I need you to house another guy (a new guy). He's from out of town and I wouldn't want him to get lost trying to get to Finland >_> which might happen if he doesn't go with me but leaves on Thursday instead. Please? It'd only be for one night.

training_master(KVF)

Smash Journeyman
allright so now I found this place as well!
the day after tomorrow I get to play lots of different people,
the only competant to me has been ode 'til this weekend
so I'm looking forward to it! I'd like to play crews as well,
but I really don't know anyone so it could be quite difficult...
but, I have my thumbs up!

oh yeah, if you didn't get it already, I'm KVF, I registered once already
but I had some trouble with it, so I had to think of something,
so it came trainig_master(KVF), because I have played training so much
that I'm ashamed... :(

VilNess

Smash Champion
We´ll be leaving with Masa tomorrow evening at about 21.00 so well be in Helsinki in the friday-morning. We´ll check out some stores and possibly visit our cousins. Does anyone know at what clock-time does Soukka-nuoristilat open?

training_master(KVF)

Smash Journeyman
well if me and otsuka are leaving from Vihti at 5 or 6 o'clock PM, and we have about an hour to drive, so I think six o'clock PM should be fine...

Ijuka

Smash Ace
Aight I will prolly be able to come at like 18-19 on friday. And about GC, so I think I cant take it, becouse my lil sister wants to play it while I am there -_-. I think I can take the N64 controllers tho ^_^

TelpeFion

Smash Lord
It's over

So the tournament was played on Saturday evening. Sadly we had no time for teams this time, but we all know Fat Patrol would have been unstoppable.

Singles results (Yuna has full results with brackets):

1st Yuna (Peach, Sheik, Zelda)
2nd Ijuka (Fox, Sheik, Jigglypuff)
3rd MasterTK (Falco, Marth)
4th WMK (Samus, Ganondorf, Marth, Ice Climbers, Jigglypuff)
5th VilNess (Ness, Luigi)
6th Nokkonen (Peach)
7th KVF (Fox)
7th Tabsa (Ganondorf)

Yuna obviously only played Sheik and Zelda when he was fooling around. The same goes for my ICs and Jigglypuff. I tried a Marth + Yoshi's Story counterpick against Yuna. I'm not touching Marth anymore. Ganondorf I used one match vs. Yuna. Ijuka used Jigglypuff to beat MasterTK's Falco.

Yuna lost no sets. He beat Ijuka in the finals 4-1. Ijuka was taken out of winners by MasterTK (I think it was Fox vs. Falco). MasterTK lost to Yuna in winners finals 4-0 (Peach vs. Falco). MasterTK was then taken out by Ijuka (this time Ijuka used Jigglypuff). I lost to Yuna in winners 3-2. That was the most watched set, also being one of the closest. 1st match Yuna beat my Samus on Pokémon Stadium. 2nd match I tried Marth on Yoshi's Story and lost. 3rd match I Wes'd Yuna on Corneria (time ran out!). 4th match Yuna counterpicked to Peach's Castle, I beat him there with Ganondorf. 5th match Yuna counterpicked to Dreamland 64 and beat me there Samus vs. Peach. I was then taken out by Ijuka in what was in my opinion THE closest set at this tournament: 3-2 to Ijuka. VilNess was taken out of winners by MasterTK, though some considered TK's victory to be undeserved. Ijuka beat VilNess in losers, thus taking him out.

Coolest things in the actual tournament:

VilNess breaking MasterTK's shield with Luigi, and then attacking him with THE TAUNT.

VilNess killing finngamer with Thunderjacket.

Ijuka making a near-impossible comeback against me: It was the 4th match in our set, I was up 2-1. When he got my Samus down to last stock on Battlefield, he already had over 100 %. He somehow managed to combo me with that Sheik of his and won the match and finally the set.

Me hitting Yuna with 3 dairs in a row with Ganondorf (full jump, dair, double jump, dair, L-cancel, full jump, dair, double jump, dair [which Yuna shielded]).

Me Wessing Nokkonen's Peach up. This included SWDing past him and shooting him with a charge beam from behind and running twice across FD. I got my revenge on him from RN4.

Also other stuff happened, I can't memorize all of it right now.

Smash was cool, but hanging out with the people was cooler as usual. VilNess is still as cool as ever (EVERYONE, DOWNLOAD THE VIDS OF HIM PLAYING EARTHBOUND MUSIC ON THE PIANO AS SOON AS I GET THEM TO THE HUB), it was very cool to have you and Masa at our place before the tourney. Definitely highlight of the weekend for me. Ijuka couldn't stay during the night, that's too bad. AGain your play time was sort of limited. Yuna was awake like all the time except when he was sleeping. MasterTK is really good, definitely top 4 in Finland. KVF has improved more than anyone, and is already top 10 in Finland. As I guessed, Masa is almost perfectly equal with Panu and also very cool. The Vantaa guys are still as badass as ever, though someone has to tell them that they can actually come to the venue for longer than just Saturday evening. Tabsa was also very nice, best Finnish Ganon player. Miqu is very cool, his Peach doesn't suck as bad as he says it does.

Crew tournament was too cool. I told you before, I tell you now. Silver Alliance = #1 Finnish crew. No stopping us. We didn't even need all our best players to take this one. Come on, step it up Finland. The crown is in Metsälä, to be the best you have to defeat the best. Pam pam PAM!, sons! Anyway, really really nice match vs. Kajaani. Vantaa have to improve their tactics, they are not bad at all.

As I mentioned, I will try to go to the Newcastle tournament next. Then MasterTK told me that DigiExpo will have a SSBM tournament this year as well, so everyone, come to Helsinki in mid-November. My final tournament for now will be RoofSmash in Stockholm in January. After that my military service begins, and I retire.

Keep the talk coming.

Yuna

BRoomer
BRoomer
Now to the more haxxed crap I pulled:

I pulled about 20 "Japanese DI's", not that I really know how I did it. The coolest Japanese DI's:

1) As Sheik: Flying in a really weird angle from Ganondorf's upsmash.
2) As Peach: Surviving Doctor Mario's upsmash at 152%! I barely left the ground on FoD! I didn't even go past the uppermost platform! On Pokémon Stadium, I survived a Charge Shot (fully charged) at 154%!
3) As Marth: Survived Marth's forward smash tippered at 90% on some stage. In no way special had it been that I flew less a distance than if I had been tippered at 20%!

Now to the stupidest DI ever: DYING of Marth's tipper at 90% on Final Destination when because I upward DI:ed way too much! I flew almost straight upwards!

Full results:

1st: Yuna (5 matches)
2nd: Ijuka (9 matches)
3rd: MasterTK (5 matches)
4th: WMK (6 matches)
5th: Vilness (5 matches)

And from now on I'm too lazy to re-count the matches. I'll edit them in later (maybe).

6th: Nokkonen
7th: KVF/Tabsa
9th: Masa/Panu
11th: Nico/Otsuka-ode/Miquelion/Phenom/ChronoT
16th: Jinpachi/LGO/Mario/Finngamer

if you're wonderng about the weird placings, especially the shared ones, it's because we only had 19 players. So in the 1st round, there was a By, resulting in a consecutive By in Loser's. Also, later on, both brackets had to have Bys thrown in occasionally to prevent Round Robin-esque rounds, thus, ending in this weird way.

Crew results:

No Cookies For You minus Silver, Gold, Q-girl and that Dog-thingie:
Against team WMK/Panu/Two guys whose names I cannot remember: 13-stocking
Against team Nokkonen/Phenom/LGO/Mario/ChronoT (I think): 12-stocking
Against team MasterTK/Nico/And I'm terribly sorry, but I do not remember who the last guy was: 11-stocking

VilNess

Smash Champion
Hi everyone? Whazzup?
Im back, had fun and seems like WMK covered pretty much every Cool thing... except My DjCd.bair to grab against the ganondorf player (tabsa), it looked pretty cool
Master TK deserved his victory, no johns.

As for my part, It´s finally over. as you can see, I like to entertain more and im not capable of competing with Ijuka and some others when it comes down to it.

There´s so much other stuff in Life that I want more than be good at smash, and traveling is now too expensive and costs too much time too. I really love music more and my other Hobbies.

I´ll post shoutouts later to edit this topic but for now... Bye guys.

training_master(KVF)

Smash Journeyman
so now the only chance for me to play others than ode is over,
but I had much fun thanks to all smash players, and thanks for the
compliment TelpeFion, I really appreciate it! I was too surprised how good
I did in SSBM, considering my experience against humans...
and more surprising for me was that I beat MasterTK's falco with my
own falco and captain falcon! :D well, only once but I'm clad! VilNess ness is
just too much to deal with for me and also yuna's peach is impossible to win...
and ofcourse TelpeFion's samus is way better than for example my fox, which is
crappy compared to Ijukas fox... but, I did better than what I expected and now all
I can do is wait for the next Rautanyrkki! but still hope that I could see you finnish
smashers before that, somehow!
over and out.

TelpeFion

Smash Lord
It's not over yet VilNess. You forgot your Ness cap, you're going to have come and het it. And please come to RoofSmash in January, then we can retire together.

VilNess

Smash Champion
Hehe yeah I forgot it. :p
had too much fun with it, especially in the match vs. ijuka where I had to put it on in the middle of the match.
I´ll consider Really carefully that roofsmash, but no promises...
Shoutouts:
Yuna: gongrats a big time for winning this, your DI skills are next to Captain Jacks and your mindgames are very good also. I don´t feel completely suck since I did win (I´m pretty sure about this) the last three matches against your Peach in friendlies, 2 of them were with Ness (a 2 stock in Dreamland was something I am happy about) and the last time with Luigi.YOu did win me many times in WMK´s house though and You said something in WMK´s house I can only thank: You reminded of the importance to adapt.
Well anyway even though you don´t pay back your loans and your shoes are not as cool as mine you still rock, yer cool and overall better in smash. ROCK ON!
oh and you Marth sucks big time, Lol. don´t get 3 stocked by a pichu next time :p

Ijuka: whoa man, Ijukas techical skill is getting mindgames along, and that shines in tournie results. Good choice picking your falco against my Luigi, I possibly would have ***** your Fox with Luigi but you were wise and kicked my arse 3-0 in losers bracket, gonrats dude! You should participate in some swedish tourney to show some Space animal ownage. I kinda somehow knew that I would lose to you in tournie partly because because I lost the will to win. whatever, your kinda the number 1 in Finland for now, yeah!

WMK: hehe wazzup buddy and thanks for saving my controller (and loaning yours) and now saving my ness cap. I think your Mom rocks since she made us dinner and helped in transportation&such, say hello to her from me :)
You are becoming the Wes guy with all the crazy SuperWD´s and such. Your triple dairs with Ganon were incredibly fun to look at.
Our Samus Ditto was fun since I never played my untrained missilespam samus against anyone except Masa. oh and I 2 stocked your "out of missile" Samus with Bowser, but those were mostly goof of matches... and you kicked my bowser with Kirby :) and I won the bowser Ditto, So I´m gonna take myself the award for the best bowser in Finland :p

others:
MasterTK: arghg sick Falco roflkglfhgoud!!!!!????!
fun to meet ya and your cool little Young link bro.
MiqU: I love the way you can complain about everything :p
KVF: cool to have you around in the Rn5 and thanks for compliments :)
Tabsa: You rock and your Ganon rocks. Too bad you faced me earky and Ijukas fox... but your ganon was cool.

For some reason I can handle pretty much every other char with ness except Space animals :(... I need to play jiggly, that is if I smashed. But for know I´m gonna take a really long break!

TelpeFion

Smash Lord
You already had the best Bowser in Finland title, son. We'll meet again.

Yes Yuna's Sheik & Marth suck. So yes, all his chars apart from Peach suck. 3-stocking a Marth with Pichu is just too cool. Not to mention how the guy who doesn't even own a GC 2-stocked Yuna's Sheik at my place.

MasterTK counter Ijuka. Ijuka didn't get a single win in against TK's Falco.

Oh yeah, I said "I'm Wes" to someone after that set with Nokkonen. That was the funniest set I've played. I had to humiliate him to get my revenge from RN4.

Now it's time to update that Finnish list.

training_master(KVF)

Smash Journeyman
I have much work to do to get to your level in smash, but I will surprise you someday, perhaps, but I can always try! :D and I really have to train my game against
peach, I am really really crappy against peach and that sucks...
but if I improve the same speed as now, maybe I'll be able to compete with u
guys in the next RN! I still can' believe I beat that little guys sheik and young link..

he was the crew killer! :D

Top Bottom