• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The final Super Smash Bros. Ultimate fighter to be revealed on October 5th, 2021

fighterspass2.jpg

Who's last for Super Smash Bros. Ultimate? The September 2021 direct delivered the long-awaited answer. On October 5th, 2021, the last addition to the Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Fighter's Pass 2 gets revealed.

Fighter's Pass 2 is nothing short of shocking so far. Previous third-party characters include Kazuya from Tekken, Sephiroth from Final Fantasy VII, and Steve from Minecraft. The first party selection gave players Min Min from ARMS, and Pyra and Mythra from Xenoblade Chronicles 2.

With no clues for the last Fighter's Pass Character, speculation is definitely exciting. The presentation is forty minutes, which leaves plenty of time to introduce more Mii Costumes, music, the new stage, and future amiibo releases.

We've included the September 2021 Direct, with the timestamp for the announcement,

Author's Note: Are you excited for the final character? I know I'm looking forward to it. Let us know in the comments!

Lucas "Thirdkoopa" Guimaraes

Comments

Last fighter being released on the day Nickelodeon All Star Brawl being released. "There can only be one platform fighter!"

While this probably won't mean much, the first anniversary of Crash Bandicoot 4's release does come before 10/5.
And League of Legends' Worlds 2021 airs not long after that announcement. If we're going to connect dots arbitrarily, we should at least take a look at everyone who's doing something at the same time as Smash, because we all know only every other video game does something if it's related to Smash. :nifty: Or something like that.

Last edited:
I'll be honest, I'm kinda crushed that it'll only be 40 minutes. That seems like a long time, but between the character reveal trailer, Sakurai's breakdown of their history, moveset, stage, and music, demonstration, Mii costumes, and possible Amiibo reveals...that really doesn't leave a lot of time for anything else. Like any new modes or what he has planned for the future of the game (and by that I just mean Spirit Events, patches, etc, obviously not new characters).

I know I'm being overly sentimental toward a game that was released 3 years ago, but I would've really liked for it to receive a send-off as grand in tone as its reveal.

Last edited:
One more game mode that would require you to have ALL the DLC fighters (including Piranha Plant) to play it would be one heck of a way to end the game with a bang. As things stand, Piranha Plant, Terry, and Sephiroth are the only fighters who do not appear in ANY spirit battles.

I don't care who it is, as long as it's not an AT because it's been a wild ride since 2018 and it'll be bittersweet to see it end.
One more game mode that would require you to have ALL the DLC fighters (including Piranha Plant) to play it would be one heck of a way to end the game with a bang. As things stand, Piranha Plant, Terry, and Sephiroth are the only fighters who do not appear in ANY spirit battles.
That'd be cool, but incidentally...if it doesn't happen, that'll be okay.

I'll be honest, I'm kinda crushed that it'll only be 40 minutes. That seems like a long time, but between the character reveal trailer, Sakurai's breakdown of their history, moveset, stage, and music, demonstration, Mii costumes, and possible Amiibo reveals...that really doesn't leave a lot of time for anything else. Like any new modes or what he has planned for the future of the game (and by that I just mean Spirit Events, patches, etc, obviously not new characters).

I know I'm being overly sentimental toward a game that was released 3 years ago, but I would've really liked for it to receive a send-off as grand in tone as its reveal.
I don't think he would be adding new modes. It's going to be the last patch when the character drops unless that new character has glitches to be fixed. But I would like him to briefly explain why the most requested characters didn't make it to the roster or have a Mii Costume. Like a certain Disney character with a Keyblade.

There was a leak from back in July that listed Sora as CP11, and it just so happened to get the date right.
I'd take the leak in question with a grain of salt, but I'd still cry tears of joy if Sora was the last fighter.

My favourite picks:
  • Generic anime sword fighter from the next Fire Emblem game
  • Goku
  • Not Waluigi

That leak just had a lucky guess. Look at the lack of capitalization and the typo misspelling the word "Character." Not very professional looking. And as long as Disney holds the rights to Sora and Sakurai refuses characters from non-gaming companies, I don't believe Sora is happening. But if Sora does come, I'll post my thoughts in a "I was wrong" thread.

What is a "non-gaming company"?
Basically, companies whose characters largely consist of those who didn't debut in a video game.

Sora falls under this category (in this case Disney) despite the fact that he did debut in a video game, so it's inevitable he'll fall into debates regarding this.

I do hope its not sora because lets say it honestly Kingdom hearts is tied heavily to disney and even if we exclude soras partners Goofy and donald there is still the matter that the kingdom key has a micky keychain so at most it could be traverse town and sora with ultima or the kairi pendant weapon which yeah would be disliked by casual kingdom hearts fans so why even bother!

if im honest i think all companys that already got 2 chars are unlikely (except nintendo of course) so its either Sony, Doom slayer?, a Advertisment Char (pokemon, mario or Fe),Eggman, an indie char (with undertales Human or deltarunes Kris, susie and ralsei being the most likely) or its Bandana Waddle dee!
i also think assist trophys are unlikely

Basically, companies whose characters largely consist of those who didn't debut in a video game.

Sora falls under this category (in this case Disney) despite the fact that he did debut in a video game, so it's inevitable he'll fall into debates regarding this.
I thought that the rule was that characters must belong to a franchise which debuted as video game franchise. But your rule seems to be possible too. There are probably some interviews on this, but I am too lazy to look them up and besides that they are not reliable anyway. Rules stated in interviews get broken all the time.

The inclusion of Sora would break your rule, but it would not break mine. However, I hope that if Sora gets in then Donald and Goofy also get in. This would break my rule too, but I never cared about the "celebrating video games" thing. Personally I think that the "celebrating video games by limitting the Smash roster" thing is stupid. I would rather have some more cool characters and if I want to celebrate video games then I will organise a party.

I am pretty sure that Disney can get Donald and Sora in if they want. Disney can change the USA copyright laws in order to keep Mickey Mouse in copyright forever. Getting Donald and Goofy in Smash seems like it would be nothing compared to that. Though thinking about it, with how corrupt the USA government is, maybe it actually is easier to to corrupt the USA government into destroying culture and progress than it is to get Donald and Goofy into Smash.

So Sora is actually in Smash proving that I've been wrong for three years. Okay, for the next Smash game, let's not doubt any characters including Goku.

I'm not. I think it's actually cool that Sora made it in. I only doubted his chances because of the video game rule and Disney. But seriously, no more banning newcomer threads for the next game.
the rule isnt broken sora debuted in a video game and that was good enough for sakurai. if you notice its only KH original stuff in the game. the likes of goku are still illegitimate

Reactions: Nah
Sora still has that Mickey Mouse keychain and is owned by Disney. And Lucario debuted in a movie. Sora and Lucario are really pushing it. I'm going to offer Sakurai one of the Justicers from my novels and see if he can make a good moveset and stage for her in the next Smash game. But for now, he needs to rest, and I need to sell the film rights to my books, cast actors and make sure everybody could agree to Wheelerverse representation in Smash. James Bond couldn't be in Melee because the complications of getting the rights, but I am going to make it easier for Nintendo to acquire Toon Girl for Smash!

Top Bottom