Earlier this afternoon, the patch notes for Super Smash Bros. Ultimate version 13.0.1 went live! And with this new version being dropped, this marks the end of Smash Ultimate balance patches, apart from potential bug fixes down the road.
Ver. 13.0.1 of Super #SmashBrosUltimate is available now! Visit the link below for a full breakdown of the final fighter adjustments. This is the last fighter adjustment update, however other updates to fix potential bugs may be released in the future.https://t.co/4uXjMTTY79 pic.twitter.com/Icd8yv3CUg— Nintendo Versus (@NintendoVS) December 2, 2021
Here’s a brief selection of what changes players can expect to see in this patch and for the rest of Smash Ultimate’s lifespan:
- Donkey Kong received some buffs in the form of his Neutral Attack 2 having a longer hit detection, and his Neutral Special generates super armor faster.
- Ice Climbers received some buffs in the form of increased attack speed for their Dash Attack and Up Special moves.
- Mewtwo received some buffs, as their Side Tilt and Forward Throw have increased power.
- Meta Knight received some significant buffs, as his Up Smash has a greater range, and his Forward Air and Back Air have increased power.
- Rosalina and Luma received changes, as Luma generally receives less knockback after being hit.
- Cloud received a buff to his Down Special, which increased the attack speed of his Finishing Touch.
- Inkling received some buffs, as they have less vulnerability when reloading ink, and their Neutral Special has a longer range.
- Piranha Plant received some significant buffs, as its Down Special requires less time to perform, and its Down Air’s meteor effect lasts longer.
- Min Min received some slight nerfs, as the Dragon's beam from her Side Smash has a shorter duration.
- Pyra and Mythra both received slight nerfs; Pyra’s Side Special has increased vulnerability, and Mythra’s Side Smash has a shortened launch distance.
This list is not all-encompassing, and the full list of changes can be found here.
Author’s Note: It is somewhat bittersweet now that there are no further balance changes planned for Smash Ultimate, which means that the current multipliers are going to stay the way that they are. Are you happy with the changes? What changes would you have included in the final balance patch? Let us know in the comments!