• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Final Five DLC Characters

Wiinner159

Smash Hero
NNID
Make a guess...
3DS FC
2251-6491-9042
Capture.PNG

So with the last Smash Direct of Ultimate before it's release it was announced that we'd get 5 completely brand new DLC characters with a new stage and music to accompany them. My question to you, my fellow forum go-ers, is who should be the five and what should they bring with them in terms of music and stages? Whether it's what you believe it will be or what you want it to be doesn't matter, I'm just curious as to what everyone thinks.​

Edit: For clarification, and also because I didn't expect this to blow up as much as it did, the intent was for people to essentially come up with their own ideas of what one or all 5 of the fighter packs would include. While listing off the fighters certainly works my intention was listing characters, a stage to accompany them, and a song or two to accompany that. It's certainly optional, but I think it adds more to think about.

Last edited:

blueneuronDOTnet

Smash Journeyman
  1. Bandana Dee
    Extremely popular, Nintendo property, Sakurai darling.

2. Lloyd Irving
    Biggest costume character to not receive any representation what-so-ever. Also this.

3. Heihachi Mishima
    Only other costume character that has yet to receive any representation.

4. Geno
    Spirits don't deconfirm characters. Sakurai darling.

5. ???
    Likely third party wild card.

Last edited:

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Best guess

Geno or sora (heck maybe both)
Banjo
Rythm heaven rep
Gen 8 Pokemon
Mach rider or elma (that toy)

But for safety net guess

Sylux
Lloyd
Hibachi
Rex and out a (mewtwo and Lucas smash 4)

Last edited:

Ridrool64

Smash Lord
Spring Man and Rex are out. This shakes things up considerably: previously they were shoe-ins. I'm going to assume Spirit = disconfirmed for now. If it's not, good on Geno and Shantae. Otherwise, they're out. Also no DLC Echoes (maybe free with a unique newcomer, but I doubt it heavily)

1. A SEGA rep. Arle Nadja is my personal pick, but Dr. Eggman is a reasonable option too.
  2. Banjo and Kazooie, over Steve due to ballot performance and ease of creating a unique moveset that would not be conceptually similar to Link's.
  3. A Dragon Quest rep, presumably Slime or Erdrick.
  4. Bandana Waddle Dee, assuming he's not a spirit.
  5. A Bamco rep. Lloyd Irving is my personal choice, but Heihachi is also very reasonable choice.

Bobthealligator

Smash Ace
It will be Geno, Banjo, Isaac(somehow), Chorus Kids, Mach Rider. Ken's pose matches the Grinch leak.

NukeA6

Smash Master
I just predict Geno and Steve. The Direct has shown me that Sakurai will make anyone and anything a character and nobody will expect it (if it's not leaked).

Omega-Smasher

Smash Cadet
A Third-Party Wild Card :p.

I'd personally go with Travis Touchdown. He's got a dedicated fandom, has strong ties to Nintendo, and SUDA51 has also expressed desire for Travis to be in Smash, alongside beings good friends with Sakurai. That, and the next installment to No More Heroes releases in January 2019, so coinciding a trailer for Travis being in Smash seems close to the base game release helps too.

Wiinner159

Smash Hero
NNID
Make a guess...
3DS FC
2251-6491-9042
Personally if I had to pick characters right now, and keep in mind this is more bias than speculation but....

1. Sora

Mainly my bias (has a lot of moveset potential that doesn't involve Disney) but if he came in I'd say that if I had to pick it I'd wish he'd come with a "The World that Never Was" stage along with a lot of the best battle themes in the series like Darkness of the Unknown, The Encounter, or heck, Rage Awakened if I'm lucky.

2. Geno

He seems like he's earned his chance at this point, been a long-standing request and I can't think of a good reason for him to be left out. Obvious stage is obvious in the forest and the forest theme so closely tied to him, but maybe they can add some other Mario RPG songs with it for some variety

3. Eggman

What can I say, I like my villains. I can see him working like Bowser Jr. in his classic eggmobile thing, maybe he can come with the Death Egg Zone and a bunch of the more "tense" Sonic themes like Death Egg Zone, Final Rush, and Titanic Monarch.

4. Shantae

Mostly over Shovel Knight due to AT status but Shantae is still a very reasonable pick IMO. Burning Town from well, any of the Shantae games works well as a stage option and We Love Burning Town would be a great accompanying theme. Plus the boss themes from Pirates Curse seem fitting for Smash in my humble opinion.

5. Bandana Dee

Starting to agree with the whole "4th wheel" concept with this guy and Smash Flash 2 shows that he can be quite versatile and interesting so I say welcome aboard. He can bring with him something from the newer Kirby games like Robobot or Star Allies. Can't really say much for Star Allies since I haven't really played much of it yet but I doubt it's hard to find a good place to set a stage and grab some themes from

Miifighters4Smash5

Smash Journeyman
My hopes from top to Bottom:
1. Geno(Spirits don't deconfirm characters )
2. Banjo & Kazooie
3. Bandana Waddle Dee
4. Linkle
5. Travis Touchdown [Especially since Suda51 Won't let Sakurai off the hook till he gets his way; even if it means Travis bringing up becoming DLC in Super Smash Bros Ultimate at the End of Travis Strikes Again: No More Heroes at the end of the game after collecting all the Death Balls, and summoning A Giant Tiger, to grant him a wish]

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Five DLC characters + Piranha Plant

Okay... let's see...

Predictions
  1. Geno
  2. Dixie Kong
  3. Skull Kid
  4. Bandana Waddle Dee
  5. Banjo-Kazooie

My personal choices
  1. Captain Toad
  2. Dixie Kong
  3. Skull Kid
  4. Team Rocket (Meowth, Ekans, Koffing)
  5. Banjo-Kazooie

D

Deleted member

tbh I don't think Geno will be in. SE didn't even let Cloud be in the Adventure mode reveal trailer. I feel like Sakurai had to pull a lot of strings in order to even get Cloud back

slambros

Smash Ace
Geno is a lock.

I think that's the only definite lock I can really think of at the moment.

It would definitely be cool to get Dixie Kong but I almost feel short-changed if I were to get a semi-clone as DLC. I think I'm going to get the season pass anyway so I'm okay either way.

Of course there are other likely characters such as Skull Kid, Bandana Dee, etc, but I think Nintendo might want to take the go big or go home approach maximally.

I am expecting at least two wild-card third parties. I think Banjo and Lloyd Irving have a big shot out the pool of potential third parties.

Like I said, I'm willing to go with the flow on this one because I think I want to get that season pass, so I'm getting all the characters regardless. Last time I bought all of them separately and I decided not to buy Bayonetta on religious grounds. This time, I'm being more lenient.

D

Deleted member

Geno is a lock.

I think that's the only definite lock I can really think of at the moment.

It would definitely be cool to get Dixie Kong but I almost feel short-changed if I were to get a semi-clone as DLC. I think I'm going to get the season pass anyway so I'm okay either way.

Of course there are other likely characters such as Skull Kid, Bandana Dee, etc, but I think Nintendo might want to take the go big or go home approach maximally.

I am expecting at least two wild-card third parties. I think Banjo and Lloyd Irving have a big shot out the pool of potential third parties.

Like I said, I'm willing to go with the flow on this one because I think I want to get that season pass, so I'm getting all the characters regardless. Last time I bought all of them separately and I decided not to buy Bayonetta on religious grounds. This time, I'm being more lenient.
Nobody is a lock. Remember when Rex and Decidueye were locks? :4pacman:

OptimisticStrifer

Smash Champion
Banjo
Geno
Sora
Tails
Joker (Persona)

This is what I'd say is the most likely; and would be most satisfactory, even if I have some personal pick's I'd prefer. I really hope it's not just 5 though..

Green_Pikmin*

Smash Journeyman
Im going to go with...

1) Heihachi (Tekken)

2) Lloyd Irving (Tales Of Series)

3) Elma (Xenoblade Chronicles X)

4) Sora (Kindgom Hearts)

5) Dante (Devil May Cry)

Quetzal77

Smash Journeyman
NNID
yomugo
3DS FC
1349-4940-0147
Assuming we're getting actual characters and not more generic enemies...

1. Sora or another SE character, but not Geno
I really can't see SE not getting another character but I also can't see it being Geno at this point. Sora is my pick but it could end up being Noctis or Eldrick if Disney doesn't allow it.

2. Dixie Kong
She should already be in and I think she will be by the end of this game's development.

3. Rex and Pyra, Pyra alone, Mythra alone, Lora and Jin, Malos, or some sort of representation for XC2
It all depends on whether or not Sakurai decides the Mii costume is enough, but I can't see him not adding someone from this game.

4. Edelgard from FE Three Houses
We know Sakurai likes FE, we know this game is coming out early next year. The timing is perfect.

5. Isaac, Felix, or Matthew from Golden Sun
Wishful thinking but I'll keep supporting Golden Sun until it gets a playable fighter.

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
Only one I really need:

Character: Dovahkiin
Stage: High Hrothgar (with Alduin appearing as a stage boss)
Music: Main themes of Skyrim, Oblivion, and Morrowind, and 'Sovngarde' and 'Watch the Skies' from Skyrim.

I hope for Tails, but that seems unlikely.

In terms of predictions...Sora, Banjo/Kazooie, and Steve are all looking likely. If promotions happen, I'd expect Waluigi to be first in line there.

...here's hoping that they end up making a Season 2 of DLC as well! More characters are always better!

smashingDoug

Smash Lord
Looking at the word of light trailer.

Darknut from Zelda twilight princess

Pigma from Star fox

Annie from Splatoon

Why do these three die from the beems of light.

Now the last two.
Probably a character who was abandoned and left on paper

A third party

Last edited:

TeamFlareZakk

Making Super Smash Bros a more beautiful world!
1. Medusa from Kid Icarus
2. Matthew from Golden Sun
3. Elma from Xenoblade
4. Geno from Mario RPG or Sora from Kingdom Hearts
5. Steve from Minecraft

Last edited:

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
  1. Banjo since DLC is still an option
  2. Lloyd Irving (see Banjo)
  3. Eric from Dragon Quest
  4. Goomba (Piranha Plant made it so why not)?
  5. Arle (from Poyo Poyo Fever)

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero
Updated my wishlist just for this:

Obviously, it's purely who I want the 5 to be. Not who I predict they will be.

Luigifan18

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5577-0969-0868
I’d like to preface this by saying that the five DLC characters hinted at are likely just the first of many. Given Nintendo's plans for the Switch and how well Ultimate is likely to sell, there will likely be a lot more DLC to come, especially with Sakurai’s statement that he intends to have this Fighter Pass completely available within a year (the absolute madman).

The five characters of Fighter Pass #1 will probably not include any Assist Trophies or Mii Fighter costumes, as the five characters in Fighter Pass #1 are all currently in development and it will take time for the demand for Assist Trophies and Mii Fighter costumes to be upgraded to full playable characters to grow large enough and loud enough that Sakurai and Nintendo are likely to take notice. Also, Assist Trophies and Mii Fighter costumes are selected later in development than playable characters, and Sakurai does see being an a Assist Trophy or Mii Fighter costume as an honor rather than an insult, so the chances of any characters chosen as Assist Trophies or Mii Fighter costumes having also been chosen as DLC characters in Fighter Pass 1 are pretty much nonexistent. That means no Bomberman, Krystal, Isaac, Waluigi, Shadow, Zero, Lip, Rex & Pyra, etc. — they'll all have to wait for Fighter Pass 2 at the soonest. I also don't think that Geno is in Fighter Pass 1, as it may be seen as redundant to have two Mario DLC characters in development at the same time. (I’m still having a bit of difficulty processing that we will be able to play as a friggin' Pirahna Plant in Ultimate, and that it was selected before Geno.)

I do believe that Banjo and Kazooie are in Fighter Pass 1, as I feel that papagenos papagenos ' claim that Sakurai finalized a deal with Microsoft to get the rights to use Banjo and Kazooie at E3 is still extremely credible. This would be far too late to start developing them for the base roster (and I doubted from the start that Incineroar would have been dropped mid-development to free up development time for Banjo, as that would have been a boneheaded design move), but right on time to begin developing them for the initial DLC set. I also believe that a Square Enix rep is in Fighter Pass 1, as the reveals of Ken and Incineroar as playable characters and Isaac as an Assist Trophy in today's Direct have given Vergeben's credibility a huge boost IMO. Assuming that the rumored Minecraft content is a Spirit, it makes sense that the Square Enix rep just missed the boat for the base roster; while it's possible that this is Geno (if his Square-rep status outweighs his Mario-character status in Sakurai's eyes), it could also be a new-franchise representative, such as Chrono, 2B, or Lara Croft (heck, maybe it's Neku or Sora). Finally, I think a Namco rep is likely to be in Fighter Pass #1; Namco co-developed the game with Sora Ltd. and is kinda due for more representation. Heihachi, Lloyd Irving, and Klonoa are the most likely characters to occupy this slot IMO. And that’s all the predictions I feel like making.

EDIT: Hold on, I've heard statements that the DLC characters aren't decided yet and that development of Fighter Pass 1 will take somewhere around one and a half years. I still expect at least a second Fighter Pass, if not a third.

Last edited:

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Five DLC characters + Piranha Plant

Okay... let's see...

Predictions
  1. Geno
  2. Dixie Kong
  3. Skull Kid
  4. Bandana Waddle Dee
  5. Banjo-Kazooie

My personal choices
  1. Captain Toad
  2. Dixie Kong
  3. Skull Kid
  4. Team Rocket (Meowth, Ekans, Koffing)
  5. Banjo-Kazooie
Skull Kid was quietly disconfimed on the website as a returning assist trophy. Didn't even bother to put him in the Direct for some reason.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Skull Kid was quietly disconfimed on the website as a returning assist trophy. Didn't even bother to put him in the Direct for some reason.
Argh... all right… I guess Elma will do. Rex is a Mii costume after all.

Graizen

Smash Champion
1 - Geno / Sora / Crono
2 - Agumon
3 - Crash Bandicoot
4 - Steve
5 - Banjo

Last edited:

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.
1. Sora: Mostly just because leaks (Spawn Wave and Vergeben) that are still alive after the direct.
2. Elma: We have XC1 and XC2 but not XCX content, and we don't know what's up with that gun Sakurai bought
3: Heihachi: We have Ryu and Ken, as well as Jacky as an AT. That makes no Tekken content look really weird.
4: Rayman: We have more Ubisoft content but nothing from Rayman.
5: Steve: I wish it was Banjo but this will sell magnitudes more

epicgordan

Smash Ace
My predictions:

1. Sora or Dragon Quest XI rep (Vergeben leak + Leaky Pandy possibly being right for once).
2. Minecraft Steve (another insider with close ties to Vergeben leaked this character).
3. Banjo-Kazooie (Papa Genos insider leaked him).
4. Gen 8 Pokémon rep (just have a hunch Sakurai's going to pull a Corrin with the upcoming Gen 8 Pokémon games).
5. ….I have no idea, honestly.

Now, allow me to list off everybody that could make up that 5th slot: Heihachi/Lloyd, Rayman, Master Chief, new Fire Emblem rep, etc.

As far as I know, this could very well be the only DLC pass we can expect coming out of this game. Keep in mind that Smash 4's DLC lineup lasted pretty much an entire year, and did not extend beyond that. I think we might get a better idea on who the final character is going to be by the end of the DLC lineup. But in all honesty, I do expect to see a Gen 8 Pokémon rep.

Edit: Of course, if we're going to go about with 5 fighters I want to see making it in, I'd go with the following:

1. Sora
2. Crash Bandicoot
3. Heihachi
4. Gen 8 Pokémon rep
5. Angry Video Game Nerd

Last edited:

Omega-Smasher

Smash Cadet
Might as well give my speculation a shot.

1 - Skull Kid (Zelda seriously needs a new rep if you ask me. Lana is also a favorable alternative IMO)
2 - Waddle Dee (Has move-pool potential and being a major support for the Kirby series helps)
3 - Travis Touchdown (Has a new game coming out in January, in addition to SUDA51 wanting Travis in Smash and being friends with Sakurai)
4 - Elma (It should make up with the lack of Rex and Pyra being playable)
5 - Square Rep (My personal preferences are Agnes, Neku, Chrono or maybe Terra)

There's also Heihachi, Ryu Hayabusa, Kasumi, Karate Joe, Mach Rider and a few others to consider as well. Also, there may be another fighter pass, considering Smash's popularity.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
The order will probably go

1. A 3rd party character to start things out with a bang (with a reveal coming like in February or March and a release a month or so after)
2. A popular Nintendo-owned character reveal (maybe some time in May or at E3 with #3 in a Roy/Ryu-esk pairing probably released around E3)
3. A mildly popular 3rd party character reveal at E3 most likely released around E3 or in July
4. A popular Nintendo-owned character reveal, probably revealed around September and released before the end of 2019
5. A popular 3rd party character that will make Smash fans happy, revealed sometime from November 2019 to January 2020 and released 1-2 months later

(Note: The DLC season ends in February 2020 according to the Nintendo Direct, and every character comes with a stage and a few select songs)

If I had to guess who is who, I would say...

#1 Is Sora (maybe Geno)
#2 is a Rhythm Heaven character
#3 is Heihachi Mishima (maybe with Kazuaya and/or Jin as Echoes or alt characters of him) (Lloyd Irving wouldn't surprise me here either)
#4 is Dixie Kong (maybe Bandanna Dee or a Xenoblades character)
#5 is Banjo & Kazooie (maybe Minecraft Steve)

Also I think Season 2 of DLC is definitely happening... and that will actually be crazy

By this point few Nintendo characters will be left suitable for playable character status. At least 1 or 2 Assist Trophy characters may get promoted to playable character status (namely Spring Man, but a few other characters as well), in addition to maybe a Xenoblades character and maybe a Gen 8 playable Pokémon and maybe an outside shot of Sceptile or a character such as that.

On top of that, the craziness of the potential 3rd party characters could reach new heights, but it will still obviously be only characters the masses know and that actually matter (if you doubt a character belongs in such a class, they probably don't). We could see 3rd party character like Tails and Big Boss as some sort of clones (think Isabelle-ish), a Dragon Quest Hero character, Crash Bandicoot, a Monster Hunter, heck even the other of the pairs of Sora/Geno, Heihachi Mishima/Lloyd Irving and Banjo & Kazooie/Minecraft Steve.

Last edited:

zferolie

Smash Hero
Well... I am going to say being a Spirit doesn't deconfirm you as a DLC

1. Shantae. She got a spirit, so she is on nintendo's radar. She most likely did very well in the Poll as well, and one of the more popular 3rd party characters.

2. Geno or Slime or Sora. One of these 3 SE characters are getting in. Geno we know Sakurai wants and is a big fan fav. Slime due to dragon quest being absolutely MASSIVE in Japan, and if Pirahna plant can be a playable fighter, slime can too. Sora due to popularity and KH 3 coming out next year.

3. A Retro Nintendo IP. I feel like this will happen as we don't have one in base roster, plus Nintendo has a lot of older ones to pull from, like Mach Rider, Donbe and Hikari, Lip, and more.

4. Banjo and Kazooie. This could happen Nintendo and Microsoft are close, we know Sakurai likes them, and they are popular. We need to wait and see.

5. Reimu Hakurei. The face of Japanese Doujin(indie games), would be a big pull for the japanese crowd

I personally also want Dixie and Medusa, but not as much as those.

D

Deleted member

Considering a freaking Piranha Plant got in who knows. Me I'd say.

Geno/Sora: It could be ether of them Geno could be deconfirmed but I think there's still hope. Sora would make a lot of sense and would be as big as Cloud Back in Sma4sh days.

Banjo-Kazooie/Steve: The Minecraft thing is still up in the air but this would be big. Banjo-Kazooie Phill Specer a main company figure at Microsoft has said he'd be fine if they got in so who knows. Hope for ether.

A Fire Emblem Rep: Because Sakurai loves him that Fire Emblem, probably already in talks with the development team of Fire Emblem Three Houses as we speak. Heh.

Etika: He'd be fun use his reactions as attacks, and attack with waifu's. Okay guys all joking aside.

Third Party Character: Don't know I already said Steve and Banjo-Kazooie so who knows. Maybe Heihachi, Dante, Sub-Zero? Maybe Travis Touchdown.

Bandana Dee: Wasn't in the Direct chances still good.

SupriceSupplies

Smash Journeyman
What I expect Ultimate DLC to be:

ALL THIRD PARTY CHARACTERS
I'm feeling rather pessimistic regarding whether or not Spirits will actually be able to make the jump to playable. Then again, Assist Trophies also have spirits, so I'm probably wrong about that. Point is, I'm not confident in many first parties to make the jump to DLC thanks to several deconfirmations.

So, what characters or series will they pull from? Well, my prediction is as follows:
-Rayman is almost a given at this point. He's the only character I'd be extremely surprised not to see make the cut, especially after Rabbid Peach getting a Spirit and Ubisoft handling 2 Nintendo IPs recently (Mario and Star Fox).
-I'm feeling rather confident in either a Tales of character or Heihachi getting in. I'm still surprised Namco hasn't gotten a second character yet and I'd consider these two the most likely.
-A Shin Megami Tensei character. I don't know much about the series, but I think it's a pretty big deal to SEGA, and I think Joker would be the most likely pick out of all of them. Especially with Persona Q2's release being extremely close.
-I hate to admit it, but Vergeben's track record has been near perfect. We don't have any Minecraft content as of right now admittedly, and I don't know whether his sources knew about DLC plans or not. That being said, it does make me believe a Square Enix character, probably a Dragon Quest character or Lara Croft are somewhat safe bets.
-I'd be pretty surprised if we don't get a Capcom newcomer for DLC. Personally guessing either Monster Hunter or Phoenix Wright. This is just my gut, but I don't have much confidence in Leon.

Honorable mentions: Shantae and Geno, they have spirits (I know Geno was shown as a player icon, but that most likely means he's a spirit as well) in the game, so they've got some popularity and are on Sakurai's radar. While I don't feel they're as likely as the five(+) I listed above, I'm listing them just in case.

If we do get some first party characters and I'm wrong about Spirits being deconfirmations, there are some characters I think are contenders in that regard.

-Bandana Waddle Dee has yet to be seen anywhere in the game, even in Spirit form. This is quite a surprise for me as we've seen pretty much every other high request first party character in some form. I feel like he's got the biggest shot out of any first party character. (Then again he could still very well be a spirit.)
-Dixie Kong is up there, whose sole appearance is through a spirit. I wouldn't have put her here if I didn't realize Assist Trophies could be knocked out with the help of their own spirits.
-Speaking of which, A Rhythm Heaven character is still decently likely in my book. If any new first party series is getting in, I'm betting on Rhythm Heaven.
-Depending on when DLC characters were chosen, Elma could be a serious contender that I didn't consider before. I wouldn't be surprised if the lack of Xenoblade X content was being left for her DLC pack.
-Some others I forgot to mention

Honorable mentions: A Fire Emblem Three Houses character and a Gen 8 pokémon. But I'm not confident in either. Sakurai already hesitated with Corrin due to the amount of FE characters, and only went through with it thanks to Corrin's unique abilities and Chrom due to being echo potential and Japanese fan requests. I don't see it happening this time again. And while I do think a Gen 8 Pokémon is possible, it's probably only releasing late next year, and DLC is going through until very early 2020, so I'm not confident in calling it due to recency that even surpasses Corrin's 7.5 months.

Edit: Replaced Geno with Lara Croft, moved Geno to honorable mentions.
Edit 2: Added Elma to the First Party contenders

Last edited:

Nemuresu

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3325-3200-4137
Who I expect:
Steve: Gonna trust Vergeben and Hitagi on this one. We haven't seen Minecraft content yet, but I think Steve coming with a stage and songs looks very likely.
Katalina: Trusting Hitagi where she is concerned.
Solo Pyra: While Rex is out, Sakurai can always take liberties and have Pyra fight on her own.
I'm going to put four characters now, two under the circumstance where spirits have no influence over the roster, and two where they do. First in the case they don't:
Geno and Shantae: Both characters have a lot of fan demand to be included, and Sakurai already knows that, so chances are he may give fans a bone.
And now, in the case spirits do cancel a character's chances:
Rayman and Sora/Neku/Noctis: Not much to say here. Other than, yeah, I expect them to go overboard with guest characters, it's just what I have in mind with how DLC has been handled in Sm4sh and other fighting games.

Who I want:
Geno: I think he's long overdue to join the roster. He needs this chance.
Heihachi or any of the three Mishimas: While Heihachi gets doubts now, because of his second VA's passing, I do think there needs to be a Tekken character in Smash.
Terry Bogard or Athena Asamiya: Would love to have Street Fighter, Tekken and King of Fighters all in the same game.
Monster Hunter: It's quite odd for me to just not see a Hunter, yet Rathalos in. Plus, think of all the armour variations they could use.
Soma Cruz: Finished Aria of Sorrow a few weeks ago and I loved it, so now I want Soma in the game to contrast from Simon and Richter, with him representing the Metroidvania side of Castlevania, while the Belmonts represent the classic/platformer side of the franchise.

Mogisthelioma

Smash Master
This thread needs to be pinned.

1. Banjo
2. Dee
3. FE: 3 Houses rep
4. Another guest, hopefully Master Chief
5. Indie rep

Foxy Alopex

Smash Ace
NNID
Foxy_Alopex
My predictions:

1. Geno (Mario RPG)
2. Skull Kid (Majora's Mask)
3. Klonoa (Klonoa)
4. Zeraora (Pokémon)
5. Jon Talbain (Darkstalkers)

Honourable Mentions:

King (Tekken)
Lycanroc (Pokémon)
Bandana Waddle Dee (Kirby)
Daroach (Kirby)
Tails (Sonic the Hedgehog)
Red Savarin (Solatorobo Red the Hunter)

Last edited:

Iko MattOrr

Smash Champion
NNID
Iko_MattOrr
Prediction:
(in order of release)

March
-Rhythm Heaven Character (probably Karate Joe)
stage: Rhythm Heaven
music: anything from the series

E3
-Steve
stage: Minecraft
music: I don't know

August/September
-Final Fantasy Character (probably Sephiroth)
stage: I don't know
music: One Winged Angel and more FF stuff to fill that empty screen

December
-Gen 8 Pokèmon (probably a grass starter or a new iconic/legendary/special pokèmon)
stage: unknown, this stuff is not even announced yet
music: the same as above

February 2020
-Geno (the grand finale, Ridley and K Rool levels of hype)
stage: Forest Maze or Star Hill
music: Forest Maze's music and other songs from SMRPG

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Wishlist:
(in no order)

-Adeleine & Ribbon
stage: Shiver Star Factory (I have different preferences but this is the most popular and likely)
music: Factory stage music and other tracks from Kirby's Dream Land 3 and Kirby 64

-Karate Joe
see above

-Ganon
stage: Dark World (A Link to the Past)
music: Dark World music and other Zelda music, mostly remixes from the classics

-E Gadd (Because Luigi's Mansion 3)
Stage: I don't know, a new spooky mansion based on the new game?
music: more Luigi's Mansion and Mario Sunshine music

-Geno
see above

Blackwolf666

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5000-4278-5177
Who I want

1. Banjo & Kazooie
2. Shantae
3. Bandanna Dee
4. Ganon
5. Dixie Kong
6. Rex & Pyra (adding a 6,7 and 8 for characters I'm willing to take instead of my wanted 5)
7. Viridi
8. Sora

Who I think
1. Banjo & Kazooie
2. Shantae or some other indie rep
3. Bandanna Dee
4. Sora or Geno
5. Character from an upcoming game but I think they'll avoid FE this time around.
6. Minecraft Steve (I'll be honest, I think he has a really good chance but I simply don't like him)

Last edited:

Good Guy Giygas

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-6635-8915-7294
I'm assuming that each DLC character will get a corresponding stage. In other words, there won't be a newcomer and an unrelated stage/music in the same pack. Just wanted to gett that out of the way.

Predictions:
1. ELMA - Since Rex is seemingly out of the picture, coupled with the lack of music from X, I think Elma and a Xenoblade Chronicles X stage are pretty likely.
2. SORA - One of the possible SE reps as mentioned by various leakers. Includes Kingdom Hearts stage + music. Could possibly see it being another SE character like Lara Croft or Erdrick, but I don't see Geno happening anymore.
3. CHORUS KIDS - They were rumored to be in Sm4sh, and Rhythm Heaven content is still almost completely absent in Ultimate. I can see them appearing alongside a new RH stage and music. Plus I don't see DLC being completely dominated by 3rd party characters.
4. LLOYD IRVING - I think another Bamco rep is gonna happen. It could be Heihachi, but he doesn't really bring anything new to the table, so Lloyd feels a lot more plausible of a pick. Includes a Tales Of stage + music.
5. STEVE - As much as I'd hate to admit it, he's definitely a likely candidate. And with Vergeben's current track record, seeing Steve and a Minecraft stage are a very real possibility.

Wants (Not including Isaac since he ded):
1. MACH RIDER - The Grinch fake leak rejuvenated my want for Mach Rider, and we'd likely get a new stage too. We need a new retro rep too.
2. TAILS - I honestly expected Shadow because he'd be an easy echo, but him being gone opens up a chance for Tails. And if it's true that each DLC fighter is being built from the ground up, I think Tails should be the second playable Sonic character.
3. PORKY - He might very well be a boss character, but I think he's got the potential to be unique.
4. FROGGER - Another dead Konami character, but another gaming legend too.
5. BANJO & KAZOOIE - I'll be honest, I have no attachment to these characters, but I think if we were to get representation from Microsoft, I'd rather have them than Steve. Plus their inclusion would please a lot of fans.

D3monicWolv3s

Smash Ace
The direct crushed the few I was hoping for skull kid especially. Not even really sure who I want at this point.

Prince of the cosmos- Bandai working on the game and the katamari game coming out on the switch. (all of katamaris sound track please)
Medusa- If she's not playable I'm disappointed she isn't an assist
Masked man- why not
geno
Banjo
sora -I just want to beat Mario with a key while listening to simple and clean.

Not really predicting but would like to see
donkey Kong Jr (we got the koopalings with their back story changed why not being him back)
meowth/team rocket -kind of surprised we didn't get them with pokemon go featuring Jessie and James

Last edited:
Top Bottom