• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Final Boss Of Smash Ultimate

SquashiniKun

Smash Ace
Brawl introduced Tabuu, and Smash 4 introduced Master Core, so what could be next?

Last edited:

MrRoidley

Smash Ace
Considering Ultimate is this major celebration of the series, I guess they could do something (like a mode or something) that puts every single final boss in the series (Master Hand, Crazy Hand/Giga Bowser, Tabuu and Master Core/Master Fortress) for you to fight? About something new, I'm not entirely sure, but I wouldn't be surprised if it had a boss mode like Master Core and a "stage"-like mode like Master Fortress as well

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
Hopefully someone more inspired. I like Tabuu, but he came right the **** out of nowhere. I feel like the only reason people remember him is because of that cutscene where he one-shots Mario’s entire team.

Last edited:

lordvaati

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-4918-2392-4599
I'm hoping we get hidden bosses again as well, lime Crazy Hand and Giga Bowser were in Melee.

Thani

Smash Cadet
Given that Everyone is Here, I also am hoping all the final bosses make a comeback, from the Hands and his Core form, to the enigmatic Tabuu, and even an on-stage fighter/boss version of Giga Bowser from Melee's Adventure Mode.

Rakurai

Smash Ace
I'm hoping Master Fortress doesn't make a comeback, because it became kind of dull after the first few Classic playthroughs.

Getting an additional extra difficult boss after the clone would've been more satisfying to me.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Definitely a new boss, probably again one related to Master Hand.

Sakurai is great at making complex, bizarre bosses; so I doubt I'll be disappointed if I expect one.

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero
I want Smash to stop making up new characters. It misses the point of Smash.

If I had to make one, I would make a character called The Master that's a guy wearing a business suit, white gloves and a Smash Ball mask.

He sends his hands after you first, then when you beat his hands, he fights you himself, then when you beat him, it was just the Master Core wearing a suit all along!!

Then when you destroy the Master Core, you find out it was Giygas inside.

Last edited:

Crystanium

Smash Hero
You have Master Hand and Crazy Hand, so I doubt there will be Crazy Core just because there's Master Core. Of course, since "core" means "heart", why not Master Mind?

JadeRock 5599

Smash Cadet
I wouldn't mind a boss rush of the old final bosses(maybe some of the old SSE ones?)

Or just master hand due to him being the first boss but that sounds too easy.

Gallowglass

Smash Lord
I've been waiting since before Melee for Master Hand to put on the Power Glove

26cac6066d0f0d539cde18dd733f1543_XL.jpg

Last edited:

smashingDoug

Smash Lord
What about Lyn, Takamaru, Midna and Knuckles?
He summons of them along with the cut ones like ray.

Yeah Sakurai doesn’t fight he gets those characters to do it for them.
His attacks are just him calling up the assist trophies what people’s wanted as fighters and the cut ones

Last edited:

verysleepywolf

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3153-5879-7280
Master Hand and Crazy Hand reflect the creation / destruction theme of kids playing with action figures. Tabuu, The Swarm, Master Fortress, Giga Bowser, they're all just cool aesthetically with no meaning behind them. I know there are some theories, but quite frankly I think most of them are stretches and it's mostly bogus.

If they want to really explore the theming of SSB even deeper, how about a final boss that is a horde of silhouettes and voices in an arena, all shouting and whipping at a wise old creature that uses some kind of artistic artifact to spawn hostile shapes / concepts that attack the player? The act of spawning the shapes enervates the wise old creature and its body / mind dissolves until the very end of the fight.

smashingDoug

Smash Lord
Master Hand and Crazy Hand reflect the creation / destruction theme of kids playing with action figures. Tabuu, The Swarm, Master Fortress, Giga Bowser, they're all just cool aesthetically with no meaning behind them. I know there are some theories, but quite frankly I think most of them are stretches and it's mostly bogus.

If they want to really explore the theming of SSB even deeper, how about a final boss that is a horde of silhouettes and voices in an arena, all shouting and whipping at a wise old creature that uses some kind of artistic artifact to spawn hostile shapes / concepts that attack the player? The act of spawning the shapes enervates the wise old creature and its body / mind dissolves until the very end of the fight.
Tabun reflects a controlling Parent

Gallowglass

Smash Lord
Are you guys referring to Game Theory's Smash's secret lore?

Though I love Game Theory videos I think this is a long shot.

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
Now that I think about it, I think they should do something similar to Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite where they fuse two iconic villains together for the final boss. Maybe something like Giga Bowser and Demon Lord Ganon combined?

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I think that Master Core will probably get an encore performance. Giga Bowser is no longer fully playable, and Tabuu doesn't exist anymore.

Top Bottom