• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The fastest character?

What do you think about Hero in Accelerate being faster than Sonic?

• Total voters

Christastical

Smash Rookie
NNID
Christastical
3DS FC
0233-3115-2786
Switch FC
SW 6777-6836-2480
So, I recently saw a video (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xwz2F7-MK-4 ) detailing about who would be the fastest: Sonic, Speed Monado Shulk, or Accelerate Hero. And Accelerate Hero beat out Sonic, who had a tagline of being "the fastest thing alive". The small Sonic fan in me felt a little upset by this, but what do you guys think?

Sebas22

Smash Journeyman
Sonic still retains the title of "fastest being alive in Smash", since Hero is using magic to speed himself up. He, Shulk and Palutena (Smash 4) are cheating.

Xelrog

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW 2367 4933 3404
Not anything empirical, but Sonic never felt fast in Smash to me. Which I think is a reflection of his 2D games, where his acceleration rate and jump are both pretty slow compared to other platformers. If any Smash character captures the feel of playing and moving fast at all times, I find it to be Captain Falcon.

Which character technically has the fastest run speed is just irrelevant trivia.

Arthur97

Smash Master
Heroes having a better jump slash irks me more, but I do like Sonic being faster. He's Sonic after all.

Top Bottom