• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Fantasy's Brawler - Tifa Lockhart for Smash!

amageish

Smash Master
I definitely would have rathered her Advent Children look, but the trio is still good overall and great to see. Barrett and Aerith definitely are ones I'm more excited for though...

zferolie

Smash Hero
I really feel like Sakurai barely was able to get the rights for those mii costumes, hence why non have wigs, and geno is just smash 4 geno. He basically was saying how hard getting music from FF was, imaging everything else.

Plus... he didn't mention spirits at all.... which worries me.

amageish

Smash Master
I really feel like Sakurai barely was able to get the rights for those mii costumes, hence why non have wigs, and geno is just smash 4 geno. He basically was saying how hard getting music from FF was, imaging everything else.

Plus... he didn't mention spirits at all.... which worries me.
Spirit board appears to be the full party + some monsters, so we're good at that front!

I kind of get the lack of wigs? It's not like the hair is that complicated, all things considered. I'd rather have had wigs then try to remember how you make Miis on Switch, but, like, it's navigable.

What I don't love is waiting until the 22nd for the costumes when Sephy is basically out now...

zferolie

Smash Hero
Spirit board appears to be the full party + some monsters, so we're good at that front!

I kind of get the lack of wigs? It's not like the hair is that complicated, all things considered. I'd rather have had wigs then try to remember how you make Miis on Switch, but, like, it's navigable.

What I don't love is waiting until the 22nd for the costumes when Sephy is basically out now...
Did I miss the spirits? where was that shown?

and Yeah I need my Tifa fighter darn it. And I'll use the tifa Mii someone else makes instead of making it myself haha

amageish

Smash Master
Did I miss the spirits? where was that shown?

and Yeah I need my Tifa fighter darn it. And I'll use the tifa Mii someone else makes instead of making it myself haha

They were just dropped in the Press Release. Seems like we're getting at least 13, with that slice of a Chocobo seemingly even being the FF7R art? Maybe? I think?

That's probably a good plan. I just feel like it's harder to get a QR code Mii on my Switch then it is to figure out how to make a new one...

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend

Having seen the whole stream, what's the timestamp for the spirit board?

zferolie

Smash Hero

They were just dropped in the Press Release. Seems like we're getting at least 13, with that slice of a Chocobo seemingly even being the FF7R art? Maybe? I think?

That's probably a good plan. I just feel like it's harder to get a QR code Mii on my Switch then it is to figure out how to make a new one...
Ah Gotcha. I'm just super happy best girl Yuffie is there. She never gets enough love

amageish

Smash Master
Ah Gotcha. I'm just super happy best girl Yuffie is there. She never gets enough love
SAME! I had her in my team all the time just for her confused/nonchalant reactions to everything. A true icon. Love her.

With the Tifa and Aerith costumes and spirits, along with the Yuffie and Shinra spirts, it's nice to finally be able to remove this from the Trivia section of the Final Fantasy (Universe) page on SmashWiki.
Yeah, I had seen that was there before and it was very much a Yikes. Glad to have it rectified.

It's kind of scary how many of Mii fighters specials really fit Tifa perfectly. I mean some of them are nearly identical to her moves in the remake.
Shame she can't summon a dolphin though.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend

Yoooo Tifa got her spirit!

Also, I think I see the Turks on the side.

amageish

Smash Master
Yoooo Tifa got her spirit!

Also, I think I see the Turks on the side.
Yes! Tifa's even an Ace spirit.

I find it very funny that this is possibly the extent of FFVIIR in particular getting representation. The franchise mascots getting their PNG from it.

Darkerik

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW-0563-4902-5513
Quick question nintendo censored Tifa's costume???

Last edited:

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
So if we get another FF rep in the next Smash, do y'all think they will go with another FF7 character again and go for Tifa or they'll look for somebody from another FF game like FF6?

MattX20

Smash Hero
So if we get another FF rep in the next Smash, do y'all think they will go with another FF7 character again and go for Tifa or they'll look for somebody from another FF game like FF6?
I don't think we're getting another FF rep after Sephiroth to be honest. If it was that much of a hassle to negotiate to get Cloud, the DQ Heroes, and Sephiroth in Ultimate, I've got some doubts for future prospects.

amageish

Smash Master
I imagine it would be entirely dependent on corporate relationships and what character(s) would maximize benefits for both Nintendo/Square at the time. FF7 has the advantage of known continued relevance, but plenty of other characters could fit that bill too depending on the directions the two series go...

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
I imagine it would be entirely dependent on corporate relationships and what character(s) would maximize benefits for both Nintendo/Square at the time. FF7 has the advantage of known continued relevance, but plenty of other characters could fit that bill too depending on the directions the two series go...
So far, most of the current DLC coincided (more or less) with a recent release of some sort. So if the FF7R saga finishes long before Smash 6 exists, I imagine they might go for a different FF entry character-wise.

Last edited:

amageish

Smash Master
So far, most of the current DLC coincided (more or less) with a recent release of some sort. So if the FF7R saga finishes long before Smash 6 exists, I imagine they might go for a different FF entry character-wise.
I kind of doubt that FF7R will be finished before Smash 6 exists, assuming that Smash keeps up its once-a-console-generation release schedule and FF7R keeps up its... let's just say relaxed approach to release dates.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
I kind of doubt that FF7R will be finished before Smash 6 exists, assuming that Smash keeps up its once-a-console-generation release schedule and FF7R keeps up its... let's just say relaxed approach to release dates.
In that case, I could see Tifa happen. Only issue is whether or not there's other SE characters in the wings that might get in the way (like Slime and Rindo/Neku).

amageish

Smash Master
In that case, I could see Tifa happen. Only issue is whether or not there's other SE characters in the wings that might get in the way (like Slime and Rindo/Neku).
Oh, yeah, I don't think Tifa's a sure thing or even a safe bet for the next Smash game. I just could imagine timing happening to line up well for FF7 content again, even if they don't choose to act on that timing.

Square Enix, uh, owns a lot of things people want to see in Smash Bros...

amageish

Smash Master
So in a alternate reality where Tifa was chosen instead of Sephiroth, what would most likely happen in her trailer and who would be in it besides Cloud?
Probably need some punch-y characters like Little Mac and Min Min there, fighting with Cloud and Tifa sweeping in to take on defense. I... highly doubt Tifa would be able to single-handedly end World of Light like Sephiroth did lol.

Top Bottom