• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Fantasy's Brawler - Tifa Lockhart for Smash!

Super Flygon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Master_Zach
3DS FC
1289-8257-7574
Switch FC
SW-5750-9817-6593
Definitely can't see her being a character in Ultimate, but I could see her getting in the next game (and I think Sephiroth being here does increase her chances for next time). Could see her being a Mii Fighter Costume and definitely a spirit this time around though.

amageish

Smash Master
I do wonder if spirits (assuming we get them based on party members and it is not just Moogle/Chocobo/Cactaur/etc) will use FF7R art or the original...

I'm definitely think a stage cameo is plausible, just because it is weird to me how the stage was only shown for a couple moments. There is definitely going to be something mildly interesting about it IMO...

amageish

Smash Master
So I have a question for you guys. Assuming she’s a Mii Costume, would you rather have the Mii be a traditional hair and outfit costume, or would you want it to be a PS1 Model Tifa costume? Same goes for Barrett and Aerith assuming their costumes too.
I think PS1 models would be more interesting, though pragmatically I think it'd rather see a regular outfit/hairpiece... I think the PS1 models might just be a bit too incongruent for me to want to break them out regularly?

For Tifa in particular though, part of me would like a costume to be based on her Advent Children outfit? I just can imagine her regular outfit looking a bit odd on a Mii, given its... skin.

That said, I'll take what we get haha. Being playable in Smash in any form is fine by me.

SvartWolf

Smash Champion
no tifa brawler and barret gunner outfits would be such a wasted oportunity isnt even funny. an aerith costume would also be pretty cool. other than that. there are tons of posible swordfighters from final fantasy that would be welcome as costumes... really hope that the mii outfit section has at least some nice final fantasy surprises and is not only chocobo hat.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Sephiroth supporter here. While Sephiroth was my most wanted FF character, I also thought Tifa would be cool as well. She looks like a cool character that would be fun to play with her fighting style and all. I think her chances look pretty good for next game especially if we get another Final Fantasy character. Can someone put me on the support list please? I want to join the Tifa train.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Sephiroth supporter here. While Sephiroth was my most wanted FF character, I also thought Tifa would be cool as well. She looks like a cool character that would be fun to play with her fighting style and all. I think her chances look pretty good for next game especially if we get another Final Fantasy character. Can someone put me on the support list please? I want to join the Tifa train.
I hadn't started an official supporter list. But there were more supporters that showed up than I thought, and I'm glad there is, so thanks all for that.
If a next smash game is announced, then we can start a new support thread for sure.

Right now just hoping for the mii costume so there's at least something, and another reason to use brawler :)

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
no tifa brawler and barret gunner outfits would be such a wasted oportunity isnt even funny. an aerith costume would also be pretty cool. other than that. there are tons of posible swordfighters from final fantasy that would be welcome as costumes... really hope that the mii outfit section has at least some nice final fantasy surprises and is not only chocobo hat.
I just hope that pre-VII entries get acknowledged by the Mii loadout. It's weird for SE to bring back several noteworthy games from their back catalog, yet ignore most of the FF stuff they had done for Nintendo in their early days.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
I hadn't started an official supporter list. But there were more supporters that showed up than I thought, and I'm glad there is, so thanks all for that.
If a next smash game is announced, then we can start a new support thread for sure.

Right now just hoping for the mii costume so there's at least something, and another reason to use brawler :)
Well, maybe you can add a support list in the opening post. It's never too late.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Well, maybe you can add a support list in the opening post. It's never too late.
If people would like that, sure. but It's a support thread for ultimate :p so it seems a bit odd to start one after we know she won't be in.
Some people think another fighter's pass is still possible. If or when that would happen then maybe the chances arent 0 :p

Last edited:

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
If people would like that, sure. but It's a support thread for ultimate :p so it seems a bit odd to start one after we know she won't be in.
Some people think another fighter's pass isnot totally gone. If or when that happens then maybe the chances arent 0 :p
I would still add it though regardless. More support for her will be coming in since Sephiroth is out of her way.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
I would still add it though regardless. More support for her will be coming in since Sephiroth is out of her way.
And besides, it's important to set up a support base as early as possible, so that it'll affect her chances by the time we get the next Ninty console after Switch.

If she gets a costume, it'll help to buy that as well.

Last edited:

Nanatsu

Smash Rookie
With Sephiroth coming in 4 days, I'm almost certain Tifa'll be a Mii Brawler. Barrett is great Mii Gunner material, but I don't really see him happening.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
And besides, it's important to set up a support base as early as possible, so that it'll affect her chances by the time we get the next Ninty console after Switch.
Exactly. With Smash support, it's always critically important to start early and play the long game whether waiting for a potential sign.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Maybe the low poly version of a costume wouldn't be that bad, it'd fit the mii brawler quite well.
Either way I just wanna see her punching and kicking ass XD

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Wouldn't been bad*** if both Sephiroth and Tifa were planned for Fighter's Pass 2 and we got a double reveal at the VGAs? That would have been so cool. I could see Tifa coming out of nowhere to help Cloud out in the middle of his fight with Sephiroth in the trailer. That would hace been so epic. They should make more double reveal trailers like Incineroar and Ken's.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Wouldn't been bad*** if both Sephiroth and Tifa were planned for Fighter's Pass 2 and we got a double reveal at the VGAs? That would have been so cool. I could see Tifa coming out of nowhere to help Cloud out in the middle of his fight with Sephiroth in the trailer. That would hace been so epic. They should make more double reveal trailers like Incineroar and Ken's.
Sure, it's too bad it takes so much just to make one character. And with how tifa plays awesome in the remake, she'd need lots of care and attention to tranlate her in ultimate. I would've been shocked and happy anyway. But it makes sense that they want to spread to other games, Sephiroth is already the first second character that's 3rd party from the same game.

amageish

Smash Master
Random Thought: If we are pre-emptively thinking about next game...

I do think it's fairly plausible that, assuming the plot of 7R vaguely follows the original game, we get an entire game taking place during the Tifa-led section when Cloud is MIA due to mental/physical trauma. People like Tifa; I'm sure it'd be good PR for them to say "Here's a Tifa primary protagonist game" and it'd be an easy way to slip in a bunch of sidequests as obligatory...

So, we can have that happen in, like, 10 years as FF7R will take forever to develop... and then it comes out alongside Tifa in Smash!

🥳

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
I didn't add anyone who didn't specifically mention it, so Mushroomguy12 Mushroomguy12 I didn't add you but you seem to be a fan :p
Please add me too! (I thought that "liking" the first post of the thread was a request to be added to the support list but I guess that was only for some support threads).

Last edited:

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Please add me too! (I thought that "liking" the first post of the thread was a request to be added to the support list but I guess that was only for some support threads).
Ok added ;)
I've only seen the Geno thread do that with likes. And I don't want to add someone unless they actually want to be :p

2 days until we get the sakurai presents!

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Random Thought: If we are pre-emptively thinking about next game...

I do think it's fairly plausible that, assuming the plot of 7R vaguely follows the original game, we get an entire game taking place during the Tifa-led section when Cloud is MIA due to mental/physical trauma. People like Tifa; I'm sure it'd be good PR for them to say "Here's a Tifa primary protagonist game" and it'd be an easy way to slip in a bunch of sidequests as obligatory...

So, we can have that happen in, like, 10 years as FF7R will take forever to develop... and then it comes out alongside Tifa in Smash!

🥳
That's some pretty good reasoning there, it's one empty canvas that would easily justify new content and side quests.

Also, a similar reasoning for Prime 4 is why I feel safe about Sylux getting in the next Smash.

amageish

Smash Master
That's some pretty good reasoning there, it's one empty canvas that would easily justify new content and side quests.

Also, a similar reasoning for Prime 4 is why I feel safe about Sylux getting in the next Smash.
Thanks! I'm not 100% on it (especially the Smash part), but I do think a Tifa-led game would be a very good decision for both story and marketing (like, imagine a side-quest sending her back to Midgar and the boxart is her in Cloud's iconic staring-at-reactor pose). That said, it's hard to predict anything with the ending of the first part going so boldly and openly off-script...

Sylux is a solid choice; I get that as well.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
The costume doesn't look good to me. I'm disappointed by it. Good that it's at least in, but yeah, not really wowed by the costumes.

Top Bottom