• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Fantasy's Brawler - Tifa Lockhart for Smash!

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Tifa.Lockhart.600.268464.jpg

Tifa Lockhart for Smash Ultimate!

Tifa is an important and awesome team member of Cloud's, originally from Final Fantasy 7. She could be included as another rep from the series, if FF7 would get more than one character. She's mostly a melee fighter, though she can also use magic like the rest of the cast. While she's caring throughout the story, she's swift and strong. What more can you want?

Rather than bore you with the details about Tifa that you can find in the wiki (& https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tifa_Lockhart) ...
Here's some badass footage of her fight in Final Fantasy: Advent Children:

And a bit of how she fought in Dissidia:

Also, now that Tifa has even more going thanks to the remake for FF7, there's a lot more in her favor. I recommend to look into how she is and fights in the latest game, as it's pretty awesome :)

Appearance:

She could have both her Advent children outfit in addition to her original one from FF7, just like cloud. There's also some extra ones she could have, from her history.

Tifa_AC_Dissidia_Alt2.jpg
_mmd__tifa_by_fanffx_2-d7dwm1l2.jpg
Tifa-d012ff-artwork2.jpg

TifaAltOutfits.png

Moveset:

Most of her moveset would consist of punches and kicks, like a true brawler. (though she could also have one or two specials that use magic)
(Specific and more ideas can come later)

scarlet solsitce scarlet solsitce 's moveset:

Move
netrual B
blizzaga (charges to blizzard )
side B
Beat rush ( works like Clouds cross slash but ends with an explosive uppercut)
Down B
falcons dive ( can change directions like Bayonetta but is slightly slower and can be easily positioned diagonally)
UP B
Dolphin Blow
( its a multihitting dolphin uppercut nuff said)
limit break is based on the slot machine mechanic and enhacnes certin moves or hinders them massilvely left up to rng for the most part timing is key
Final Smash
Final hevan​
Great moveset video by pizzadudemanguy:

~
Tifa could be a great addition to the roster, bringing even more of FF7's flair along with her. Or she could be an assist trophy.
Maybe they could add some assist trophies from the FF franchise too, like chocobos.

Tifa.Lockhart.600.1999741.jpg

Tifa for smash!?

e8d363bc5aec7de64f68a39acf73b572.jpg

Supporter list:

Teeb147 Teeb147
Gemini-Gene Gemini-Gene
Dyllybirdy Dyllybirdy
scarlet solsitce scarlet solsitce
PK-remling Fire PK-remling Fire
Kirbeh Kirbeh
Phillyfanboy Phillyfanboy
OnyanRings OnyanRings
toonito toonito
amageish amageish
Aetheri Aetheri
R RetrogamerMax
Mushroomguy12 Mushroomguy12

Last edited:

GhostStorm

Smash Apprentice
I wish lol..... definitely seems like assist trophy material though. Same with characters like Chun Li.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
I wish lol..... definitely seems like assist trophy material though. Same with characters like Chun Li.
Sure, if that's all she could get, she'd still be fun to see in the game. But still you never know, maybe there's lots of room for dlc characters or someone at nintendo really likes her :)

Last edited:

Gemini-Gene

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Fairlight92
Switch FC
SW 7459 3215 2216
Hell yeah I support Tifa. I want to style on people with Dolphin Blow, as well as the rest of her Limit Breaks. I guess she could charge her Limit like Cloud(Limit bar is replaced with Slot Machine) but spread out her Limit Breaks for more than just her B moves. She could also have her Bravery attacks from Dissidia incorporated into her move set.

And I suppose for her Limit moves to work in Smash she can use which ever ones she wants instead of them being a chained order like in FFVII (unless she's like Bayo and can combo moves into another?). Final Heaven can easily be her final smash.

Last edited:

Llort A. Ton

Smash Lord
NNID
GamerGuy758
3DS FC
0731-5017-6481
Switch FC
SW 1185 9411 4529
Tifa and Barret are my favorite party members from FF7, and Id love to see one of them playable! I was legit surprised she wasnt a trophy or mii costume in Smash 4.

Oddball

Smash Lord
I am a HUGE FF7 fan and I still don't think she deserves a shot. A trophy or Mii costume would be great though.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Last edited:

Teeb147

Smash Legend
thanks im quite humbled honestly im good both threads since there both supportting a charcter
A mod usually closes down duplicate threads as soon as they're aware of one, which is both bad and good, in my opinion. Keeps things centralized which is good but at the same time it means unique ideas can get lost sometimes, at least in longer threads.

Last edited:

scarlet solsitce

Smash Apprentice
A mod usually closes down duplicate threads as soon as they're aware of one, which is both bad and good, in my opinion. Keeps things centralized which is good but at the same time it means unique ideas can get lost sometimes, at least in longer threads.
well neither of our threads are in the directery so all we can do is wait

SAMation

Smash Journeyman
Tifa is my favorite character in FF7 right next to Barrett, so I would love to play as her! A tough brawling female fighter sounds really cool for smash

Kirbeh

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-7469-4510-7312
Support. If SE went with another FF7 rep specifically she's definitely the best choice imo.

MajoraMan28

Smash Ace
Just poppin here to say that I would love her in the game. If not Sephiroth, Tifa should be the one added.
If not as a fighter, if Seph gets in, she would be awesome as a Mii Brawler costume!!

And PLEASE, put her in her original style, both in her facial and body features.
It's the most iconic, memorable and beautiful iteration of her.
It's the image of her strength and values the original continuity.

Last edited:

MajoraMan28

Smash Ace
I was expecting him to mention that the absence of spirits and stuff would be an even better case for Tifa or Sephiroth to show up.
I guess if it does happen, the surprise will be great still, since almost nobody sees it coming. :D
Otherwise, cool video!
I thought about what would be a potential moveset, but never formalized or put that much thought into it. It's nice to see someone lay it out here like this. ^^

EDIT:
She looks lovely here. Probably my favorite HD iteration of her.
Maybe this is her final trailer in a fighting game before her big debut? :3

Last edited:

OnyanRings

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-4662-0014-5533
I fully support Tifa, she could bring much more needed FF content to smash, while also having unique spin on the brawler archetype.

I mean for crying out loud, we could've at least gotten a Tifa Mii Brawler outfit... and a Barret Gunner.

amageish

Smash Master
Hello! I recently finished FF7R and have been thinking a lot about potential additional FF representation. I support Tifa for Smash!

She's not my #1 choice personally, but I think she stands a chance as a potential dark horse due to her current relevancy with 7R, her popularity, and Square's love of having money.

It'd at least be cool if she could have a Mii Costume that comes with her theme...

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Stopping by to say that I am a supporter of Tifa coming to Smash! As unlikely as it may be.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Sucks they didn't go with Tifa, but I'll take it!

More FFVII content!

amageish

Smash Master
I think we can say GG on Tifa in this game... Mii Costume is possible though! Maybe even a cool remix of Tifa's Theme if music selection is better this time around.

FemMain26

Smash Apprentice
Yeah i`m very disappointed they didn`t go with Tifa she would`ve been a much better choice in my opinion.

Top Bottom