• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Famed Junior Dectective, Crow/Goro Akechi for Smash!

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
It was found in the junk code, so presumably it would be for four sets and this is just the one that happened to be there. We don't actually have access to Joker's files to know for sure.
I believe it was just for one outfit actually, that being his sixth costume.

That's what made me curious as to what the alt was, surely if it was a fully unique character they'd give it four sets to balance it out right? (And I know some will bring up Koopalings but four sets for 8 different characters would honestly be a lot of strain on the devs)

Hopefully we'll find out soon what 'Jane' means... Hopefully...

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101
I believe it was just for one outfit actually, that being his sixth costume.

That's what made me curious as to what the alt was, surely if it was a fully unique character they'd give it four sets to balance it out right? (And I know some will bring up Koopalings but four sets for 8 different characters would honestly be a lot of strain on the devs)

Hopefully we'll find out soon what 'Jane' means... Hopefully...
That's not quite how it works. Junk files are basically back up code that gets made during certain processes. They aren't needed and they don't get automatically deleted, so you have to manually clean them up. The files consist of random lines of code from elsewhere with no context. People found junk files while datamining smash and searched for stuff relating to unreleased characters. The only thing they found was Joker's 7th alt, which is labeled y Jane and has a ponytail. There is no rhyme or reason for it to be there, it's just random lines of code, so presumably there are 3 other "Jane" alts that just didn't happen to be in the junk file. Jack's actual data is still blocked off from dataminers.

Last edited:

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
Last edited:

Peripuff

Smash Journeyman
So um, we have an interesting theory here from ResetEra:
https://www.resetera.com/threads/persona-5-related-leak-from-japanese-mobile-app-spoilers.107986/

I don’t think it means anything just yet but I do think it’s suspicious, the timing of the artwork definitely makes me think Akechi will play a bigger role in the future but that’s just a personal thought.

Just thought I’d share with all of you as a little food for thought!
I wonder if this could mean anything for Smash

It likely doesn’t but I can dream

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101
So um, we have an interesting theory here from ResetEra:
https://www.resetera.com/threads/persona-5-related-leak-from-japanese-mobile-app-spoilers.107986/

I don’t think it means anything just yet but I do think it’s suspicious, the timing of the artwork definitely makes me think Akechi will play a bigger role in the future but that’s just a personal thought.

Just thought I’d share with all of you as a little food for thought!
I'm pretty sure that's nothing, but it would be awesome if it's true.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
I do think Atlus pushing Akechi more and more fares well for us.

Hell if he actually does get his own spin-off then it also boded well.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
You've all been added!

And now that it's the month of April we're in the final stretch before Joker releases!

LoZ00

Smash Journeyman
It would be pretty weird, especially because Joker wields a knife and Crow an actual sword with a totally different way to hold it, but I would like to see Crow join Smash, especially as an Echo Fighter of Joker. Just give him Bless skills where Joker would use Curse ones and you're good to go!

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
One of Joker's colors is based off of Akechi (and Akechi is also a spirit). Take that however as you will.

1555468694597.png

Personally I view Akechi's chances as really low now since his best chance to be revealed would've been alongside the Joker gameplay video. That said though, the fact that he's the only party character referenced through Joker's colors is certainly something worth bragging about.

Last edited:

mbvswb

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 4561 1118 2914
Im satisfied with these results

Golden Icarus

Smash Lord
One of Joker's colors is based off of Akechi (and Akechi is also a spirit). Take that however as you will.

View attachment 209288

Personally I view Akechi's chances as really low now since his best chance to be revealed would've been alongside the Joker gameplay video. That said though, the fact that he's the only party character referenced through Joker's colors is certainly something worth bragging about.
I hella dig it. I mean, one of the main reasons I wanted Akechi was for his design, and that alt is pretty much perfect, so I’m happy.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
Tbh if I could offer my take I don’t think this affects us too much, the reason being is that it shows Sakurai REALLY likes Akechi and for his colorations they could easily have it showing Akechi with Ren’s colors if he were to be in Smash (He could have his Phantom Thieves outfit and Detective Prince outfit to parallel Joker)

Also looking at his moveset proves to me at least that he CAN Echo Joker, as a lot of Joker’s attacks can easily be carried over to him and the knife has a long reach which shouldn’t get in the way of hitboxes and whatnot, just replace Arsene with Robin Hood and maybe replace Wings of Rebellion and there you go, I could honestly envision him.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
Hey y’all, been awhile since there’s been activity on this thread so I just thought I’d talk about my thoughts on P5R and how I think Akechi will factor into it.

Considering he’s on the box, he’s getting his own episode of P5R meant to tie in directly to Royal, we’ve seen him prominently in screenshots and even the debut trailer, and spoilers:

In the Morgana bus in one part of the trailer you can see Black Mask’s leg very clearly, implying he may have an extended role after the Shido hiest.

I think it’s without a doubt that we’ll see more of him in P5R, as for his chances for Smash I feel our only competition for a Joker Echo Spot is Kasumi, either would work just fine as an Echo I personally believe and either way it’s more Persona content we’d be getting, but either way it’s really nice seeing him get more love!
1E61545E-2112-4AC5-AC93-6CAA62940ABD.jpeg

(also I was stupid and forgot to announce it was his birthday earlier this month lol)

Insomneko

Smash Rookie
Switch FC
SW-3266-5876-1597
The echo potential is there, I think changing his gun to always have the blue effect due to it being lasers would work. Maybe he could never get Persona? I think Arsene wouldn't fit at all.

I know Akechi has the Wild Card, but Arsene is exclusive to Joker, and Akechi has his own Personas in Robin Hood and Loki. Nonetheless, would be cool, always down for more echoes and villains, especially from Persona.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
So... Thoughts on recent revelations in regards to Akechi? Surprised that there has been no talk of it here.

NintenEdgyMan

Smash Apprentice
I support. Although I think a second character, even if he is just an echo, is a little greedy, I can't deny my own greed. Persona 5 is my favorite game and I want more.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
So... Thoughts on recent revelations in regards to Akechi? Surprised that there has been no talk of it here.
I’m shocked there’s been no talk of it here as well lol. Anyways I think the fact that he’ll be rejoining the party late-game is quite... Interesting indeed... I do think this could lead to a redemption arc however I also wonder if this is part of the dream world theory that a lot of people have been talking about where the events after January take place inside a dream resulting in things like Human Morgana and the like.

It’ll be interesting to see where this all leads but the fact that he’s going by THAT form is very intriguing...

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
There was a problem fetching the tweet
Screenshots from Goro’s new Confidant and even showing he survives for the new semester.

I’m wondering if Goro’s character will be significantly reworked towards a redemption arc?

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
There was a problem fetching the tweet
Screenshots from Goro’s new Confidant and even showing he survives for the new semester.

I’m wondering if Goro’s character will be significantly reworked towards a redemption arc?
I will bring up a theory that has been passed around a bit in the Kasumi thread that pertains to the idea of his possible redemption and survival(You may or may not have seen it before).
The theory is that Akechi is actually supposed to have died just like he prusumably did in the base game, but because of the whole wish thing going on, he has managed to "live" because of it. The fact that he seems to realize that something is wrong, seemingly has had no punishments for his actions(That we have seen), and is the only member of the party to not have some grand wish shown is the main points of evidence towards this. It would certainly be an intense revelation to have.

SuperMrpingpong

Smash Journeyman
Having finally played P5 I’d love for a Goro echo for Joker, you can add me to the support list too :)
I wonder what kind of alts he would have though, aside from his and Joker’s school uniforms and a black thief outfit like Joker’s

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
I think Akechi is a pretty interesting, yet underdeveloped character that I wouldn't mind seeing in Smash one day. He'd ideally have his own moveset but I could also see him working as an echo/semi-clone of Joker.

Sign me up as a supporter.

Top Bottom