• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Fairy with Fighting Spirit: Lip for Smash! *Play Panel de Pon on NSO!*

StarDustStorm

Smash Journeyman
Sakurai gave Panel de Pon's anniversary a shoutout!

He literally placed the references together, cool and the Garbage Block generation effect is interesting because the character-based icon pop effect (Lip being a flower) usually pops to indicate it is going to drop in the original game.

Several tribute videos below (Updated as I find some more):

Last edited:

N. Onymous

Smash Champion
NNID
Midnuh
Switch FC
SW-5043-4045-6926

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
You guys may have seen this already but screw it im sharing it again this is a nice piece of fanart

oh and this is too cute 🥺
There was a problem fetching the tweet

FemMain26

Smash Apprentice
Welcome to Smashboards! Saw you in the Ahri thread too c:
Oh hi & thank you i`m happy to be here. I`m a player who only plays female characters so i hoping we get another 100% standalone female character in the 2nd DLC pass like Min Min.

Last edited:

Munchi

Smash Journeyman
Well I have found something that may interest you (although it is a bit weird)

Last edited:

Munchi

Smash Journeyman
Well, to be honest, i don't really like those videos. They're not my type of humor. I prefer the SMG4 way of videos.
Understandable, it just appeared in my youtube recommendations and it seemed like a good idea to share it here

The Classic Dreamer

Smash Rookie
Switch FC
SW-4731-7744-2996
Hello! I hope anyone here is still Active,
but i'm also a Lip Support for Smash! and i'm Happy to see my Girl finally make an Appearance in anyform.

Let's hope she'll make it in a Future Smash Game. (or to be added in one of the Last Two Challenger Packs, even tho her chances are sadly low)

LipFlare

Smash Cadet
That Namco rep was expected. They work on the game here, unlike Monolithsoft with Shulk and Pythra. Wonder, why it took that long? Terry or/and Minmin at fault? Like fighting, to be the fighter, from a fighting game, for a platform fighting game?

Fighters Pass 1 be like: You want some 3rd Party with some Fireemblemed' dediction?
Fighters Pass 2; Ain't ya', well ... Anway Feat: Luigi Peachette-Arms-Edition.

Really hoped for Llyod but it had to be the iconic Mainstreamseries sigh

With that in mind, DOOM, Halo? Hope we gonna like some Duke Nukem rep for some good meassure (at least that wont gonna happen? -insert Anakin/Padme meme with edited Sakurai-).

Smash Ult is Sakurai's unification of the gameworld he may have it. Maybe next Smash may have [Nintendo Edition] and [3RD PARTY SCRAMBLED EGGMAN EDITOON]

Maybe Lip and Arle may have a introduction akin to Incineroar and Ken?
Then there would be a puzzlegame-fighter base, decloning Doc while they are at it?

With best regards

LipFlare

Crap-Zapper

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3540-1100-9470
I'm super pleased with Kazuya making the roster, since Tekken is my favourite fighting game franchise.
There is one spot left, and the dream would be Crash Bandicoot OR my forever pipedream Lip. 💖

The Panel de Pon formula of Puzzle games, I often still to this day comes back to it. I believe Smash 6 will be very different from what we got now. Since Ultimate seems to be the "cap" of the series, and that the future installment, while probably add most of the characters from Ultimate (aka + the DLC's), I do believe most characters would be revamped, and developed even further. With that in mind, I really would hope that Lip would get a better chance of joining the roster at some point. After Doc Mario most likely will retire we would be out of breathe for a Puzzle Fighter. Here's hoping at least.

LipFlare

Smash Cadet
Hi,

wanted to play some PKMN Puzzle League on N64 today.

On Startup I heard the spoken "Nintento" (Couldn' hear it before, but Panel de Pon from NPC made me aware of it today) ,which made me realize, even Pokemon Puzzle League has a itty bitty of Lip in it!
PPL sounds lower pitched <-> NPC higherpitched.

Anyways. it motivated me also to check up the progress which has been made on the PDP-GB reconstruction holy moly there has been made a huge progress, I see! The entire cast and 8BIT-OST (!!!) has been salvaged and ( ,for the most part correctly) realigned! Even "Endless Ending 2" -my SFC favorite- has a GB-Version mindblowing indeed especially, if that hast been on the GBC-ROM the entire time OR hast been manually created and added. These people are doing what Nintendon't. Fabulous!

Is there an succesfull happy ending in sight for that Project? Discord is a book with seven seals to me.

Lip: SFC-OG for SSB!

With best regards

LipFlare

Last edited:

Crap-Zapper

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3540-1100-9470
Hi. It's a very short time left until the reveal of the final Super Smash Bros character. And, I've gone through the board towards fighters I believe would be badass. And, those that I believe truly got a fair shot. Why am I here? Well, as I am close at goodbye for now, I still want to give best girl a shoutout, and just say, I'll never stop supporting Lip, or Panel De Pon itself. And, while I see it as impossible, I would love it with all my heart that once Sakurai starts the presentation tomorrow I'll see best girl, Lip.

She is my pipedream. Perhaps she'll be the wildcard for Smash 7 (or 6), or perhaps deemed too obscure, but no matter what, always in my heart. Good luck.

N. Onymous

Smash Champion
NNID
Midnuh
Switch FC
SW-5043-4045-6926
Breaking my "vow of silence", I guess:

Well, the DLC is over and we still didn't get Lip, but I don't want to see this thread go. I have too much of an attachment to it. Is there any way we could preserve it after this part of the boards gets locked down?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

To be honest, I didn't have much faith in seeing her as a DLC character, so her exclusion didn't come as a surprise to me. She feels like more of a base roster character than a DLC one. And while it does kind of suck, I can't really complain about Ultimate's roster at all, given the fact that not only did everyone return, but we also got some really big newcomers.

At the very least Lip got a Mii costume, making it the first time she actually appeared in Smash (in a way), which is weird considering her wand has been around since Melee. But hey, I'll take it. And if K.Rool and Isabelle are any indication, there is hope for Mii costumes.

Well, the DLC is over and we still didn't get Lip, but I don't want to see this thread go. I have too much of an attachment to it. Is there any way we could preserve it after this part of the boards gets locked down?
Gonna have to echo this. The old support thread was the reason I joined SB in the first place, so Lip does hold some kind of sentimental value. That one got repurposed into a more genral Pane de Pon thread (which has since fallen into obscurity) after Smash 4 wrapped up, so I'm curious to see what's gonna happen with this one.

Maybe it's time for me to finally check out the Discord. It's been years by now, after all.

Top Bottom