• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Fairy with Fighting Spirit: Lip for Smash! *Play Panel de Pon on NSO!*

N. Onymous

Smash Champion
NNID
Midnuh
Switch FC
SW-5043-4045-6926
Finally played Panel de Pon, ****, this game is really addictive and really good. And i'm not really into puzzle game, but that one is really good.
I hope she gets more love from Nintendo.
Yeah, we all do. And I hope it's sooner rather than later.

On the bright side, I do have some good news regarding costumes that will hopefully counteract the bad: Remember that Make a Good Mega Man Level 2 skin I made a while back? Well, the remake of the first Make a Good Mega Man Level came out recently, and as it'd happen, that game supports custom skins as well. It also provides a quick and easy way to port skins from the second game into this one, so I figured... why not?

You can get the game here and my updated skin here. Custom costumes are a lot easier to unlock in this one because of its shorter length--just find the costume shop and buy custom costumes for 200 bolts. I hope you love it!

(Fun fact: this is actually the first custom skin officially released for this game. Finally, Lip is number one at something!)

wimbearn

Smash Apprentice
What is there to worry about? Lip got a Mii costume and none of those characters didn't. Hell, Lip could be the potential retro rep in Smash 6 because it's surreal to me she did well enough in the Smash Ballot to receive a Mii costume in Ultimate. She is definitely on the Smash team's rader, but is obviously not their top priority right now.
Well, I know that. I even tried to make my own Lip Mii, then took that Mii and put her in the Lip outfit. I'm working my way through the WoL, so I'm trying to get her spirit. :). I'll show you my Mii when I'm not busy. Also, I have an Instagram of the same name, so I'll post her when I'm not busy.

N. Onymous

Smash Champion
NNID
Midnuh
Switch FC
SW-5043-4045-6926
Well, I know that. I even tried to make my own Lip Mii, then took that Mii and put her in the Lip outfit. I'm working my way through the WoL, so I'm trying to get her spirit. :). I'll show you my Mii when I'm not busy. Also, I have an Instagram of the same name, so I'll post her when I'm not busy.
Please do. I love seeing other people's takes on Lip Miis. (There's a surprising amount of them to be honest!)

D

Deleted member

Please do. I love seeing other people's takes on Lip Miis. (There's a surprising amount of them to be honest!)
I know how we all feel. but to me, Miis are NOT the same as the official heroes. I even started drawing arts of Smash Bros imagining what it would look like had Lip made it into a Smash Bros game, or better, ihope Nintendo reveals Lip as a suddenly unexpected DLC fighter in this E3 alongside the Second Fighter Pass DLC Challenger pack, just like last time on the Wii U version.

https://www.deviantart.com/wilsonasmara/art/Super-Smash-Bros-12-Player-Battle-Mock-Up-1-800408478

https://www.deviantart.com/wilsonasmara/art/Super-Smash-bros-In-the-fields-800376090

https://www.deviantart.com/wilsonasmara/art/Mario-and-his-Sexy-Homies-800262850

So, while we are waiting for the Lip Mii images to flood this thread up, here are some artworks of her "Inclusion" in Smash i made. Oh, and one more thing, guys. Lip is actually one of the characters i have support of being Included in Smash. Lip is NOT alone. On the first image of this post, i drew 4 Other characters that i also want in Smash Bros as newcomers.

The first one is Asuka from Senran Kagura, seen about to attack Lip while Lip uses My version of her Dash attack at Mario. The second one is Nepu from the Neptunia series, as she is seen having shielded Shulk's attack, giving Villager Girl her opportunity to attack Shulk. The third one is Reimu from the Touhou franchise, seen attempting to attack Wiggler, the fourth character in my support list, seen about to crush Sonic who is about to attack Wiggler.

There will be more artworks after these three. So yeah, enjoy.

Oh, in the Second image, Windy (The Fairy of the wind) is on my support list as a Fighter too! I have envisioned a Smash Bros game that has multiple Panel de Pon characters to be playable, Not just Lip. I am also planning on preparing movesets for Windy, Sherbet, Thiana, and Flare.

And the third image of this post is what i envisioned for Mario's team of 6 people. Mario will be the gang's leader, and the members are Link, Kirby, Villager Girl, Inkling Girl, and Lip. If Lip is included in a Smash Bros game that i will be able to play on a Nintendo Console i would own in the future, I will set this team up for a video of them giving Yoshi and Pikachu the beatings they deserve (Sorry, don't bash me, but i don't find Yoshi and Pikachu that interesting, and i don't care about them, just like how i don't care for Geno or Waluigi or Goku or Shrek or Isaac.)

Trivia: "The Villager Girl is actually Ai from that obscure Animal Crossing Movie that was released 13 years ago (2006) in Japan!"

So, what do you think, guys?

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Since we're talking about the Animal Crossing movie, I should mention that it's pretty good, surprisingly.

N. Onymous

Smash Champion
NNID
Midnuh
Switch FC
SW-5043-4045-6926
I'm starting to think.

I hate to be so pessimistic about this, but I'm thinking our hopes of Lip being in Smash Bros. were misplaced to begin with. Things have changed since the Melee days. Ever since Smash went triple-A and gained a budget, it hasn't been "just anyone" who gets in Smash Bros. It has to be someone who a lot of people know, who has notoriety among casual audiences, who would generate hype. We can pretend otherwise as much as we want, but at the end of the day Lip is none of those things.

It can't be Smash that revives Panel de Pon. It has to be Nintendo and Intelligent Systems who revive Panel de Pon. If that game is a runaway, perhaps unrealistic success, then and only then will she have a shot at the roster. And that just isn't something that we can control.

D

Deleted member

I'm starting to think.

I hate to be so pessimistic about this, but I'm thinking our hopes of Lip being in Smash Bros. were misplaced to begin with. Things have changed since the Melee days. Ever since Smash went triple-A and gained a budget, it hasn't been "just anyone" who gets in Smash Bros. It has to be someone who a lot of people know, who has notoriety among casual audiences, who would generate hype. We can pretend otherwise as much as we want, but at the end of the day Lip is none of those things.

It can't be Smash that revives Panel de Pon. It has to be Nintendo and Intelligent Systems who revive Panel de Pon. If that game is a runaway, perhaps unrealistic success, then and only then will she have a shot at the roster. And that just isn't something that we can control.
I really hope a New Panel de Pon game is announced whether at this E3 or not. Look at SEGA's Puyo Puyo, which begins skyrocketin to fame, this is a whole new meaning of SEGA does what Nintendon't!

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
I'm starting to think.

I wouldn't lose hope. Smash isn't done with retro characters, there just weren't any due to extraordinary circumstances this time around. I would expect Smash 6 to give these kinds of characters a shot.

Princess_Ashley

Smash Apprentice
So, what do you think, guys?
I really like your style! Looks real cute and fits Lip well!

I'm starting to think.

I disagree. If Piranha Plant is in Smash, there is no reason for Lip not to be. There is literally no obstacle for Lip to be in Smash, other than Sakurai's whims.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Before I leave Smashboards, I just want to say thank you to all the Lip supporters that discussed passionately about the series and Lip's chances during base game speculation.

I had fun discussing Lip a lot at the time when I first set out to believe Lip would be the retro for Smash Ultimate. I loved seeing the fanbase grow, and discovering new bits of the PDP community from the Western and Japanese fanbase.

I am still super happy that our effort to vote for Lip in the ballot paid off with the Mii costume.

I cross my fingers that one day Nintendo will find value in reviving the Panel de Pon IP, if Puyo Puyo manages to make a global impact someday.

Thanks N N. Onymous for being there to discuss, even though you had frequent times of doubt.

Stay strong and keep loving Panel de Pon.

N. Onymous

Smash Champion
NNID
Midnuh
Switch FC
SW-5043-4045-6926
It's been nice knowing you. I hope Nintendo realizes just how much money there is to be made in Panepon and revisits this franchise one day, too. And I hope that's sooner and not later.

Here, have a little sendoff gift:

There was a problem fetching the tweet

One of the cutest Lips that's turned up in a while to be honest!

Last edited:

N. Onymous

Smash Champion
NNID
Midnuh
Switch FC
SW-5043-4045-6926
So... Banjo.

I'm not gonna lie, this is what pushed me over and finally convinced me to buy Ultimate. It seems the DLC still has a few curve balls left to throw. I'm not going to say anything because, as I said, I'm through getting my hopes up for things that are unlikely to happen (at least this time around) but... you know.

Biometal

Smash Journeyman
Sadly, it seems IS prefers to focus on FE like crazy while paying little-to-no attention to PdP.

N. Onymous

Smash Champion
NNID
Midnuh
Switch FC
SW-5043-4045-6926
Sadly, it seems IS prefers to focus on FE like crazy while paying little-to-no attention to PdP.
Yes, that's the unfortunate part. We find ourselves in a situation where the only hope of our favorite character getting into Smash Bros. is a commercially successful revival, but the only company who's able to do something about that is more focused on another property. Gaming, like many other forms of media, is growing increasingly reliant on major franchises over smaller series. And I think it's safe to say that at this point, the heyday of puzzle series is long over.

If nothing else, Three Houses will be out soon, and then that development team can move on to something else. They'd have to be crazy to pass up the chance to introduce Panepon to a new generation. The Switch is their best-selling console in years.

Last edited:

Laniv

Smash Lord
Idea: Lip's trailer involves Yoshi or Pikachu pranking DK with a Lip costume, then Lip shows up to crush them with a garbage block.

Biometal

Smash Journeyman
Idea: Lip's trailer involves Yoshi or Pikachu pranking DK with a Lip costume, then Lip shows up to crush them with a garbage block.
I also thought of something involving Kirby's Stone Ability (the garbage block variant) coming into play; a bunch of Kirbys spamming Down B until a larger garbage block drops down from nowhere.

que Lip showing up & trailer, etc.

Oh yeah, and I don't know if this was posted here yet:

Edit because I don't want to double-post:
This user also has some really good PdP videos, too; almost like an anime for it. I believe he/she does the animations alone, but I'm not entirely sure. This is not the first episode, so I suggest going to their channel and starting from the beginning!

Last edited:

N. Onymous

Smash Champion
NNID
Midnuh
Switch FC
SW-5043-4045-6926
Oh yes, we know all about Wari, heheheh. His videos are what kept us going for quite a while back when things looked bleak for Lip. He used to have a full Panel de Pon fan page, actually, but it went down when Geocities Japan did.

Here's another really great piece of Lippy art. There's been a lot lately. I hope it's because of SSBU.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I have a trophy artwork of Windy from Panel de Pon. This artwork might also help the support get better. Maybe we need other fighters from Panel de Pon than just Lip. We can break the limit!

Windy (Fighter):

"Windy is one of the playable characters in Nintendo's flagship Puzzle Game, Panel de Pon. Windy uses wind attacks hence her name, but while in Panel de Pon, she uses bare hands, in Super Smash Bros., Windy has a spiral Lance as a weapon. And it looks like Windy has joined Lip in smashing people's butts!"

Movesets:

Neutral Attack: Single Hit stab with her lance (Spammable)

Tilts:
Side: Windy smacks someone with the lance
Up: Windy kicks someone using Right Leg
Down: Windy slams someone to the floor

Dash Attack: Windy flies forwards and crashes the opponents using her Lance.

Smashes:
Neutral: Windy punches someone
Side: Windy throws her Lance forwards/backwards and retracts it, damages opponents that got hit
Up: Windy blows wind using her mouth upwards, damaging opponents who got hit with the wind's current
Down: Windy drops 3 Garbage Blocks

Aerials (Only while Flying)
Neutral: Windy summons Wind pulses at the whole stage
Up: Windy blasts off like a rocket ship
Side: Windy throws feathers to the opponents
Down: Windy dives to the ground with her lance spinning like a drill

Grab: Windy strangles her victim
Pummel: Windy kicks her victim's stomach while strangling them
Throw: Windy stabs her strangled victim (4 directional versions)

Specials:
Neutral: Windy spawns Clouds (pushes opponents if hit)
Side: Windy blows a strong hurricane forwards
Up: Windy creates a tornado
Down: Windy vacuums her opponents, and stabs them with her lance

Final Smash: Panel de Pon (Like Lip's Final Smash, Duh!)

Taunts:
1. Windy spins like a ballerina while her lance is pointed upwards.
2. Windy jumps and yells her catchphrase.
3. Windy twirls her lance upwards.

Victory pose:
1. Windy jumps continuously like Lip's first victory pose
2. Windy sits on a cloud and winks at the screen
3. Windy flies on her bird friend and strikes a peace sign at the screen

Last edited by a moderator:

N. Onymous

Smash Champion
NNID
Midnuh
Switch FC
SW-5043-4045-6926
Aw, that's really cute! It's great that you went out of your way to make a complete moveset for one of the side characters. I don't think she looks too much like Windy visually, though, she looks more like an OC with the same name. Smash Bros. is no stranger to redesigning characters, but it's never been that drastic. I feel it'd be better if you stuck with her original design.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I guess you got the point. I'll do Sherbet Next. And besides, i kinda liked if Windy's dress is yellow instead of Lime, but i still respect your opinion. I'll have to edit this comment again later. And regarding appearances, someone on Deviantart made a straight up headcanon of Ai and Yu (from that Animal Crossing Movie) being the default male and female villagers in Smash.... but that is off topic. So yeah, i'll be doing Sherbet. And yes, i want to see a meme of "Too many Panel de Pon Characters" LOL... (And what i draw is just my headcanon. The original design is obviously chosen from the start....)

N. Onymous

Smash Champion
NNID
Midnuh
Switch FC
SW-5043-4045-6926
Calm down there, friend! You don't have to write everything you're thinking in one post.

I feel like Panel de Pon as it currently exists doesn't warrant more than one rep. At most I'd make Furil an alternate costume for Lip. It sure would be nice though.

D

Deleted member

Calm down there, friend! You don't have to write everything you're thinking in one post.

I feel like Panel de Pon as it currently exists doesn't warrant more than one rep. At most I'd make Furil an alternate costume for Lip. It sure would be nice though.
But i'm not allowed to multipost...

N. Onymous

Smash Champion
NNID
Midnuh
Switch FC
SW-5043-4045-6926
You're not. Just try to keep each post themed on one subject. If you're jumping around from one subject to the other it can come off as confusing.

N. Onymous

Smash Champion
NNID
Midnuh
Switch FC
SW-5043-4045-6926
That's such a great picture! If X-Men and Street Fighter can cross over, surely Panepon and Puyo Puyo can.

My favorite fairy has always been Neris, but Elias is a close second.
Look to your left and you'll see mine. I love all the girls in this game, though. Windy and Flare are my second and third respectively.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
You know, Puyo Puyo is kind of a big deal in Japan and still somewhat around stateside, so do you think there's a chance of us getting a revival in the form of Puyo Puyo X Panel de Pon? (Puyo Pon? Puyo de Pon? Panel de Puyo?)

D

Deleted member

Sherbet as an Additional Fighter, here she comes!

Sherbet (Fighter)

The Ice Fairy of Popples, looks cold hearted, but actually a friendly girl if you ask me. Sherbet is the second opponent you fight against in Panel de Pon's story mode. Sherbet can use her ice magic in her arsenal, just like another CERTAIN Ice Fairy who also recently got in Smash Bros...

Movesets:

Neutral Attack: 2 hit Jab with both fists (Spammable and continuous)

Tilts:
Side: Sherbet kicks the opponent with her left leg
Up: Sherbet punches her opponent upwards
Down: Sherbet stomps at the opponent

Dash Attack: Sherbet slides down the floor, tripping everyone who got hit.

Smashes:
Forwards: Sherbet blows Ice forwards, damaging those who got hit
Backwards: Sherbet back-kicks her opponent
Up: Sherbet casts an Ice thorn upwards
Down: Sherbet spawns her Garbage Blocks (If destroyed, those who got hit will be frozen)

Aerials (While Flying)
Forwards: Sherbet hurls herself forwards and punches the opponent.
Backwards: Sherbet bumps her opponent backwards (Similar to Peach's side special, but Sherbet's variant freezes the opponent)
Up: Sherbet spawns an Ice thorn and kicks it upwards, damaging those who got hit.
Down: Sherbet spawns an Iceberg, and kicks it downwards, freezing the opponents who got hit.

Grab: Sherbet pinches her opponent's cheek
Pummel: Sherbet rams her head at her victim's stomach
Throws: Sherbet kicks her victim who she grabs and lets her grab go. (4 directions)

Specials:
Neutral: Sherbet spawns ice thorns on the ground, hitting those who got hit.
Sides: Sherbet spins around with an Ice hammer and creates an ice like tornado, damaging the opponents who got hit in her range.
Up: Sherbet spins upwards, creating a snowman (That explodes after completion), and damages the opponents who got hit.
Down: Sherbet causes a snowstorm, freezing her opponents.

Final Smash: Sherbet shares Lip and Windy's Final Smash, being to play Panel de Pon for 30 seconds.

Taunts:
1. Sherbet juggles 3 snowballs
2. Sherbet twirls a snowflake
3. Sherbet waves her hands up in the air (While saying her catchphrase)

Victory Poses:
1. Sherbet jumps happily like Lip and Windy
2. Sherbet climbs up a snowman
3. Sherbet dances with 2 sentient snowmen and they strike a pose.

Now Sherbet is the third Panel de Pon Fighter in this thread. She will be joining Lip and Windy if they were to be chosen for a New Smash Bros. Game. Don't get me wrong. Lip is obviously the big deal here, but i think it will be best if her own comrades join in the battle, but Not as Palette swaps, but as different characters. That's why i set them to have unique weapons. BTW, Sherbet's trophy/spirit description has an Easter Egg of a character i also wish for in Smash Bros. Gan you guys guess it?

Figured this would be appreciated here.
Another crossover that is better than the Avengers Endgame and we can possibly make a "Hold My Beer" meme.

My favorite fairy has always been Neris, but Elias is a close second.
You mean that Mermaid guy in Level 7? I dreamt that she was reincarnated that way, and that her backstory is about her being a human pirate captain. She and her crew had been sailing over the seas for decades, found the lost treasures of the world until a group of evil witches ambush and kill the Pirate crew. Since that incident, Neris was reborn Half Fairy, and Half Mermaid.

N. Onymous

Smash Champion
NNID
Midnuh
Switch FC
SW-5043-4045-6926
That's a neat headcanon, but I don't know if it's one that exactly fits the world of Panel de Pon.

You know, Puyo Puyo is kind of a big deal in Japan and still somewhat around stateside, so do you think there's a chance of us getting a revival in the form of Puyo Puyo X Panel de Pon? (Puyo Pon? Puyo de Pon? Panel de Puyo?)
Boy I hope so. There really is no time like the present.

D

Deleted member

Hey guys, here is what i see if Thiana is to fight alongside Lip, Windy, and Sherbet (If they are chosen to fight in Smash!)

Thiana (Fighter)
This fairy controls All of Nature. Thiana maybe gentle in the outside, but in the battlefield, she is also a menace! Just because she controls all of Nature, doesn't mean she only maintains it! She can use Nature itself as a means of combat! She even brought a Sword, and No, she's NOT a Fire Emblem girl! So Don't complain about Sword wielders!

Moveset:
Neutral: A 3-hit attack. First jab is a horizontal Karate Chop, Second is slicing with her sword, and third jab is a Roundhouse Kick.

Tilts:
Sides: Thiana stabs her opponent forwards/backwards depending on her opponent's position
Up: Thiana Uppercuts her opponent
Down: Thiana spins with her sword pointing away, damaging opponents who got hit.

Dash Attack: Thiana does a drill kick forwards.

Smashes:
Sides: Thiana spawns 2 big leaves and throws them, damaging opponents that got hit.
Up: Thiana swings her sword upwards
Down: Thiana spawns Her garbage Block that turn into big trees if explode. Only THiana can cut the trees.

Aerials
Sides: Thiana spins like a hurricane, homing towards nearby opponents, damaging them if hit.
Up: Thiana makes some Vines rise from the ground, stabbing opponents that got hit. After that, the vines explode, also damaging those who got hit.
Down: Thiana dives and pounds the ground, creating a massive wave that knocks the opponents off the stage if hit.

Grabs: Thiana strangles her opponent and wrangles them with her sword.
Pummel: Thiana knee-kicks her opponent's stomach.
Throws: Thiana punches her opponent away (4 Directions available)

Specials:
Neutral: Thiana creates a big portable tree (Can be thrown at opponents, damaging them if hit)
Sides: Thiana dashes forward and stabs her opponents with multiple vines
Up: Thiana spawns Vines and automatically trap her opponents in the process.
Down: Thiana creates a massive rain of giant acorns, that explode when hit the ground, damaging opponents that got hit.

Final Smash: Like Lip, Windy, and Sherbet, Thiana's Final smash is having you play Panel de Pon for 30 seconds.

Taunts:
1. Thiana points her sword upwards and yells her catchphrase
2. Thiana holds a big leaf and strikes a pose
3. Thiana juggles some acorns

Victory pose:
1. Thiana jumps happily like any other Panel de Pon Characters as the default winning animation.
2. Thiana creates 2 trees, sits on a hammock, and strikes a pose.
3. Thiana is surrounded by squirrels, ducks, sheeps, and rabbits, and strikes a pose.

And also, i present you something crazy!

Inkling Girl dressing up as Lip

Lip as an Inkling Girl

Octoling Furil

DreamZeroX

Smash Cadet
I honestly was thinking that the Dragon Quest Stage Looks alot of a Panel De Pon Stage! They even have a Whale! & a mention of a Rainbow Bridge.....HmmmHmm Sounds Like a Lip Stage to me!

D

Deleted member

Lip raised the Pirahna Plant with love. In the end, the Plant crashed the party to avenge its fairy mama. So Lip had the last laugh.

Not gonna lie, the Plant looks fun, but I kinda feel that Smash jumped the shark now that generic enemies are on the table as playable characters. I think we're past scraping the bottom of the barrel and are digging in the dirt underneath it. Truthfully, this direct has actually put me off buying a Switch for the game, as I don't find any of its content appealing. The Grinch leak may not have had characters I wanted but at least they were characters. Now I literally have no reason to want the game so I'll probably be giving it a miss.

Lip could still happen but we won't know until a year from now.
Honestly... after re-reading this... maybe i should make a comic about Why Piranha Plant actually joined Smash. But since i never wanted to draw Lip actually dying, i'd rather make a comic about an alternate timeline where Lip was chosen for the roster instead of the Plant. Oh, and i won't be playing Smash Bros for a while, until i heard the words: "Lip Blossoms into Battle!" Officially.

Remember, i started gaining interest in Panel de Pon starting in 2019, and i haven't watched the direct because i know nothing about Smash Bros Ultimate back in 2018 because i was hyping over Forza Horizon 4, Planet Coaster and the Go!Animate Caillou and Dora get grounded video franchise at that time. So yeah, i'll make the alternate timeline comic where our beloved fairy girl was chosen to fight while the Plant is the Three-Star support spirit. Also, i'll draw Lip as an SMG4 Character if you don't mind.

N. Onymous

Smash Champion
NNID
Midnuh
Switch FC
SW-5043-4045-6926
Why would it have to involve Lip dying? The canonicity of Smash is questionable at best.

Top Bottom