• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Fairy with Fighting Spirit: Lip for Smash! *Play Panel de Pon on NSO!*

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Both are developed by Intelligent Systems.
Still though Panel De Pon is a 24 year old formerly Japanese exclusive game getting digitally re-released worldwide on a online Switch service that you pay for like Netflix for the whole shebang on a mouthly basis or more. Paper Mario: Origami King you have to pay for alone so I think it won't effect people overlooking Panel De Pon or not.

StarDustStorm

Smash Journeyman
Panel de Pon is out now on Switch Online SNES, hopefully well get SP Versions where you can go straight to the final stage in the hard and v-hard difficulty along w/a state w/all of the Puzzle stages unlocked and in the last stage of clear.

Last edited:

DOTBHDD

Smash Journeyman
Started playing when I woke up and got immediately addicted. Forgot how enjoyable the core gameplay is.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Kind of late for the news but we made it passed 100 pages go Lip fans! I think we are the only Retro fanbase to do this for a character on Smashboards if you don't include Geno who I don't because he is a Mario character. I guess Geno could be considered Retro but really I only like to consider characters who came from a franchise that only had one game from a long time ago as a Retro rep.

PsychoJosh

Banned via Administration
It is a blessed day for Panel de Pon fans, and yet my animation loop still isn't done. Lots of stuff came up that got in the way, including illness, anxiety and other stressors.

I'll post my work-in-progress in this spoiler tag. Click ONLY if you don't mind spoiling the surprise. And yes I did this all myself.

Last edited:

LipFlare

Smash Cadet
Call Nintendo online what you want, but this have won me over.
The game seems to be modified! 32-Special-Big-Score-Bug is no more, the counter stops now at 30!
I Wonder if there are some other changes too.
Anyways, time to celebrate!

Last edited:

Sunredo

Smash Apprentice
Some beautiful commemorative art for Panel De Pon's release on SNES online!

That's not the case sadly. That art actually comes from Pixiv user "ほんちゃ" who originally made it on October 27th 2015 to celebrate the 20th anniversary of the game. Link to the original art here.

This doesn't mean there wasn't any commemorative art/projects for the occasion though, here's a few I found:

DOTBHDD

Smash Journeyman
It's great we reached 100 pages. I'm hoping we can get to 5,000 replies before 2020 ends but that may be a huge reach.

Also, does it feel strange to anyone else that Panel de Pon is somewhat relevant again? It's kind of new see so much discussion on Puzzle League.

Iko MattOrr

Smash Champion
NNID
Iko_MattOrr
Congratulations!

Sadly I can't play it for now because I don't have (and I don't plan to get it anytime soon) the online thing. I have the free trial but I'm waiting for the right moment to use it. Anyway when I will have the chance, I'll play it, along with Kirby's Dream Land 3 obviously (Nintendo, why don't you let me buy the VC games and play them offline like in the older consoles?).

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Currently doing some community work towards whoever might be curious about the untranslated bits of the game:

Wondering what all parts to cover. As of now I'm encoding out the "How To Play"-tutorials from Zuckeo's english translation.

Reminds me how I'm still not that good at chaining yet... I wonder what's the underlying observations to be made to understand taking it further than 3x...

Last edited:

StarDustStorm

Smash Journeyman
Currently doing some community work towards whoever might be curious about the translations of the game:

More videos I'm wondering about - as of now, I'm trying to put out the "How To Play"-tutorials from Zuckeo's english translation for the game.

Reminds me how I'm still not that good at chaining yet... I wonder what's the underlying observations to be made to understand taking it further than 3x...
Though, I'm doing a video for the story vs mode and stage clear dialogue on my second Channel. Should be uploaded sometime today or tomorrow. Though I am keeping the game in Japanese so people can compare it w/the fan translation for those curious about the story. Plus I'll squeeze in the plot synopsis from Intelligent Systems' website (which was also translated on the PDP Wiki) and before the vs story starts and some character descriptions in the website.
Because basically there's no way for people to know what the characters are at all.

Last edited:

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Though, I'm doing a video for the story vs mode and stage clear dialogue on my second Channel. Should be uploaded sometime today or tomorrow. Though I am keeping the game in Japanese so people can compare it w/the fan translation for those curious about the story. Plus I'll squeeze in the plot synopsis from Intelligent Systems' website (which was also translated on the PDP Wiki) and before the vs story starts and some character descriptions in the website.
Because basically there's no way for people to know what the characters are at all.
Very neat! That takes ton of thought outta my back. I guess I'll only concentrate on posting my current 4 videos out then.

Last edited:

PsychoJosh

Banned via Administration

In order to do more than 3X you have to skill chain. So while the panels are already being popped you have to look for new panels to slide into place and make it so that the popping panels will drop them into place. Part of it is compartmentalizing the panel colors in your head and just looking for those colors on the screen to make it easier to see what you have to move.

Last edited:

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
In order to do more than 3X you have to skill chain. So while the panels are already being popped you have to look for new panels to slide into place and make it so that the popping panels will drop them into place. Part of it is compartmentalizing the panel colors in your head and just looking for those colors on the screen to make it easier to see what you have to move.
I already know about Skill Chains since the decade and more ago pretty enthutiastically with my sibling(s), but guess rust has settled in? Hmm...

Seems more like I have to eye the entire screen for more possibilities AND then go for moving some more of the blocks in a split second to extend my beginning any further. Kind of wracking my brain when attempting to get into it. It's more centering around positioning and amount of "buffer time" I have to do with to ensure my attempts to chain are validated. (Usually they don't, guess I'm too slow)

Planet Puzzle League is tad easier on this end due how the panels don't disappear as fast, giving me little more ample time to experiment for possibilities to extend my chains. The originals though are much faster upon clearing, so it makes 'em much harder to keep with. :p

Last edited:

Naoshi

wow this is a custom title
That's not the case sadly. That art actually comes from Pixiv user "ほんちゃ" who originally made it on October 27th 2015 to celebrate the 20th anniversary of the game. Link to the original art here.

This doesn't mean there wasn't any commemorative art/projects for the occasion though, here's a few I found:

Oh hey, thanks for posting my SRB2 Kart sprite of Lip! Also, I'm totally in support of her, so feel free to write me down as "Arrietty" in the list.

Last edited:

Naoshi

I recently beaten the game in Hard Mode, twice. I got nearly 30 continues, I need to try harder.

Naoshi

By "continues", you mean "loaded restore points", right?
Nah, just straight up nearly 30 game over screens haha

I do know about getting a better ending for not losing once as Lip, but I wanna actually earn that.

Last edited:

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
Does anyone else crave chocolate- or a chocolate covered ice cream (maybe strawberry flavored), when they see Lip?
It seems to keep happening.
Maybe it's because she is holding her wand and looks like she should be on Ice Cream bars.

StarDustStorm

Smash Journeyman
Does anyone else crave chocolate- or a chocolate covered ice cream (maybe strawberry flavored), when they see Lip?
It seems to keep happening.
Maybe it's because she is holding her wand and looks like she should be on Ice Cream bars.
Maybe more like strawberry flavored cinnamon buns.

Anyways, I have a couple of videos I am going to be uploading soon.
The first one is about the character cutscenes video translations for Panel de Pon (SFC) (Sorry for the current delay), the 2nd one is about Panel de Pon GB unused graphics, and the last one is about a possible Lip moveset (Which I won't go much into detail about, but its not really based off the other Lip movesets listed on the thread, (though it does use at least a couple of moves which I will credit for the video)

Lastly this is one interesting fact in the Panel de Pon developer interview:
There was a problem fetching the tweet
Nintendo seriously screwed up with this one back in the day because they didn't take this into account with the developer story, but I am at least glad they learned their lesson the hard way, poor Intelligent Systems developers:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Given all that, it makes you want to strangle Henk Rogers to allow the Tetris name to have been used for a game that barely played like it.

If he saw the game as a masterpiece, why not let it shine on its own merits then, rather than let everything be rebranded because girls have cooties? Idiot. :glare:

Last edited:

smashkirby

Smash Hero
Maybe more like strawberry flavored cinnamon buns.

Anyways, I have a couple of videos I am going to be uploading soon.
The first one is about the character cutscenes video translations for Panel de Pon (SFC) (Sorry for the current delay), the 2nd one is about Panel de Pon GB unused graphics, and the last one is about a possible Lip moveset (Which I won't go much into detail about, but its not really based off the other Lip movesets listed on the thread, (though it does use at least a couple of moves which I will credit for the video)

Lastly this is one interesting fact in the Panel de Pon developer interview:
Nintendo seriously screwed up with this one back in the day because they didn't take this into account with the developer story, but I am at least glad they learned their lesson the hard way, poor Intelligent Systems developers:
Given all that, it makes you want to strangle Henk Rogers to allow the Tetris name to have been used for a game that barely played like it.

If he saw the game as a masterpiece, why not let it shine on its own merits then, rather than let everything be rebranded because girls have cooties? Idiot. :glare:
Wait, I'm afraid I don't understand. I thought Henk Rogers was REALLY annoyed that Nintendo did this?

StarDustStorm

Smash Journeyman
Wait, I'm afraid I don't understand. I thought Henk Rogers was REALLY annoyed that Nintendo did this?
Yeah, it was more about Alexey Pajitnov pressuring Henk Rogers to use Tetris in the name because of money.
When Nintendo came to us, and said “we would like to take this Japanese game called Panel de Pon, and rename it Tetris Attack, I’m saying, “it’s not Tetris”. But my partner’s saying “but it is money!” So, uhhhh, so, we, I, reluctantly agreed. In retrospect, we should never have done that. I don’t think that’s a good idea. It dilutes the brand, it’s like naming another cartoon character Mickey Mouse just cause you need the money. It’s just a bad idea. So I wouldn’t do that again.
- Source: https://www.destructoid.com/e3-09-tetris-ceo-regrets-tetris-attack--134733.phtml
In the end Nintendo fell into their own strategy trap in the long term because that version of the game will never be released.

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Nowadays, Henk's company is pretty draconian in regards to who should use the Tetris license in the US, to the point that for a while only Ubisoft was allowed to do so. Then there's this:

Henk Rogers, the man originally responsible for exporting Tetris out from the former Soviet Union, decided sometime around late 2005 to standardize Tetris games in what originally seemed to be an attempt to avoid Damn You, Muscle Memory! in future releases via Executive Meddling. Unfortunately, the resulting revised Tetris Guideline was based entirely on Tetris Worlds, a version that wasn't all that popular (or good) to begin with, and was so overly restrictive that it basically forced future games to be snowclones of Worlds. In addition, The Tetris Company has a tendency to send out cease-and-desist letters for anything unlicensed even vaguely resembling Tetris, even for game elements which the US Supreme Court has ruled cannot be covered by copyright (Lotus v. Borland), while the Tetris Guideline was a licensing requirement, which meant the only games which dared to defy the Tetris Guideline were Fan Remakes and frequently hit by C&D's. This quickly resulted in a Porting Disaster of Tetris: The Grand Master ACE because the staff had to rewrite a ton of stuff to match the behavior of Tetris Worlds (and replacing various staples of the Tetris: The Grand Master series in the process). The Tetris Company and Rogers have been declining on the PR front ever since. It doesn't help that Rogers loves to brag about how rich he's gotten from Tetris basically every time he makes a media appearance, accidentally furthering his own image as a Corrupt Corporate Executive.
You either die as a hero, or live long enough to see yourself become the villain.

Last edited:

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
The last time I made a post in this topic was well over a year ago (back in early March last year). It is a very fortunate surprise that Panel de Pon has finally been released internationally. As I said many times before, this game is a masterpiece, and has a beautiful soundtrack. On the latter note, the soundtrack alone is why Tetris Attack (Panel de Pon SNES/SFC) is still my favorite installment to the franchise. I have even Nintendo Puzzle Collection, which contains Panel de Pon 2, which is the only other game to reuse the soundtrack found in Panel de Pon/Tetris Attack, and even there I found the remixes (aside from a few) be weaker than the original versions.

There is just something magical about the soundtrack to Panel de Pon/Tetris Attack, which helped make the game very special to me, and had great synergy with the addictive gameplay.

I hope many others will discover this SFC/SNES masterpiece now that it is on the SNES library for the Switch Online. However, to make a small aside, as someone that grew up playing Tetris Attack with the Yoshi's Island theme, it is very surreal to be playing essentially the same game with an entirely different cast of the characters. While, this might be an unpopular opinion, I wish there was a way for Tetris Attack to be re-released. Maybe rename the title screen to "Yoshi's Puzzle League"? I still have the original cartridge though.

Regardless, this is another fortunate circumstance for Lip as her original source material is now available to be played by an international audience. To illustrate how far things have come for Lip in this regard, Nintendo went as far as to remove the special unlockable Lip theme from Planet Puzzle League when it was released internationally.

Hopefully, the Panel de Pon series will gain new fans as a result of this, and that Nintendo does something special for the series's 25th anniversary (which is later this year).

On a another small sidenote, I think Panel de Pon should have a better international name than "Puzzle League." The only reason this name has stuck is due to Pokemon Puzzle League being the most successful international installment to the series. The name "Puzzle League" makes little sense outside of the installment it was originally used for. The proper international name for Panel de Pon would be "Panel Pop", it might not sound distinctive, but it makes a lot more sense than "Puzzle League".

This might also very well be the last post I make in this support topic assuming no new developments end up happening with Lip and/or Panel de Pon. I never would have thought that the second highest amount of posts I would make in a support topic during the Ultimate epoch would happen to be Lip's. However, in the end it had a bunch of very happy endings for her and her franchise. Lip ended up getting a very nicely made Mii costume, a spirit appearance, and a selectable avatar for Ultimate, Sakurai and his team gave her the most she could have hoped for given her circumstances.

Now her game of origin has been re-released for the Switch, and not just re-released, but re-released internationally. The key for her going forward is for Panel de Pon to be properly resurrected. There has not been a full stand alone Panel de Pon title since 2007. The closest thing to a new installment for the series during the 2010's was the DLC minigame for Animal Crossing: New Leaf.

The inclusion of the unlockable Lip outfit for the DLC minigame in Animal Crossing New Leaf, the Lip Mii costume in Ultimate, and now the international release of Panel de Pon, seem to me that Nintendo is okay with her being the face to the franchise internationally now. I believe if Panel de Pon ever does receive a new installment, that Lip will have some sort of appearance in it.

The next step forward is the resurrection of Panel de Pon. It is very long overdue, and there are many different opportunities for a new series to take even in today's age., from a mobile game to a digital only Switch installment. My hope is that there is some sort announcement this year due to Panel de Pon turning 25 years old later this year. We shall see what happens.

In my post a year ago, I explained how Lip could be a character that could easily change herself to fit whatever motif Nintendo saw fit for a particular theme for an installment of Panel de Pon:
https://smashboards.com/threads/the...ailable-check-first-post.447016/post-23076618

The most important part:
Lip could have been the "brand glue" for Panel de Pon, even if Nintendo felt the need to branch out Panel de Pon to different game worlds to expand the appeal and interest in the series. She could have easily been a Nintendo All-Star and not just a retro character with a cult following. I do not think the "fairy theme" would have gotten the series far, but I think the synergy of Lip as a flexible protagonist and Panel de Pon having a lot of crossovers and cycling themes could have made the series far more popular than it is now.

Lip without Panel de Pon (basically Lip thrown into other game genres) or Panel de Pon without Lip (as we have been seeing over the past decade) could not fully "blossom", but rather they need one another I think. Panel de Pon could have been a series where the changing worlds and themes actually worked to build a brand loyalty, and Lip could have been the driver for such a franchise making consumers and fans curious for how Lip would mold herself to fit within the context of that particular world.

I am hoping that if the series is ever resurrected fully (not just a minigame in Animal Crossing or re-releases of past games on digital services), that Nintendo does this with Lip. If they do, I feel the appeal to Panel de Pon and Lip will both gradually grow over time in terms of fanbase and following.

Regardless of what happens, I am glad that Panel de Pon now has more exposure. Its a puzzle game masterpiece, and I hope many more people get to experience this great puzzle game.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
The last time I made a post in this topic was well over a year ago (back in early March last year). It is a very fortunate surprise that Panel de Pon has finally been released internationally. As I said many times before, this game is a masterpiece, and has a beautiful soundtrack. On the latter note, the soundtrack alone is why Tetris Attack (Panel de Pon SNES/SFC) is still my favorite installment to the franchise. I have even Nintendo Puzzle Collection, which contains Panel de Pon 2, which is the only other game to reuse the soundtrack found in Panel de Pon/Tetris Attack, and even there I found the remixes (aside from a few) be weaker than the original versions.

There is just something magical about the soundtrack to Panel de Pon/Tetris Attack, which helped make the game very special to me, and had great synergy with the addictive gameplay.

I hope many others will discover this SFC/SNES masterpiece now that it is on the SNES library for the Switch Online. However, to make a small aside, as someone that grew up playing Tetris Attack with the Yoshi's Island theme, it is very surreal to be playing essentially the same game with an entirely different cast of the characters. While, this might be an unpopular opinion, I wish there was a way for Tetris Attack to be re-released. Maybe rename the title screen to "Yoshi's Puzzle League"? I still have the original cartridge though.

Regardless, this is another fortunate circumstance for Lip as her original source material is now available to be played by an international audience. To illustrate how far things have come for Lip in this regard, Nintendo went as far as to remove the special unlockable Lip theme from Planet Puzzle League when it was released internationally.

Hopefully, the Panel de Pon series will gain new fans as a result of this, and that Nintendo does something special for the series's 25th anniversary (which is later this year).

On a another small sidenote, I think Panel de Pon should have a better international name than "Puzzle League." The only reason this name has stuck is due to Pokemon Puzzle League being the most successful international installment to the series. The name "Puzzle League" makes little sense outside of the installment it was originally used for. The proper international name for Panel de Pon would be "Panel Pop", it might not sound distinctive, but it makes a lot more sense than "Puzzle League".

This might also very well be the last post I make in this support topic assuming no new developments end up happening with Lip and/or Panel de Pon. I never would have thought that the second highest amount of posts I would make in a support topic during the Ultimate epoch would happen to be Lip's. However, in the end it had a bunch of very happy endings for her and her franchise. Lip ended up getting a very nicely made Mii costume, a spirit appearance, and a selectable avatar for Ultimate, Sakurai and his team gave her the most she could have hoped for given her circumstances.

Now her game of origin has been re-released for the Switch, and not just re-released, but re-released internationally. The key for her going forward is for Panel de Pon to be properly resurrected. There has not been a full stand alone Panel de Pon title since 2007. The closest thing to a new installment for the series during the 2010's was the DLC minigame for Animal Crossing: New Leaf.

The inclusion of the unlockable Lip outfit for the DLC minigame in Animal Crossing New Leaf, the Lip Mii costume in Ultimate, and now the international release of Panel de Pon, seem to me that Nintendo is okay with her being the face to the franchise internationally now. I believe if Panel de Pon ever does receive a new installment, that Lip will have some sort of appearance in it.

The next step forward is the resurrection of Panel de Pon. It is very long overdue, and there are many different opportunities for a new series to take even in today's age., from a mobile game to a digital only Switch installment. My hope is that there is some sort announcement this year due to Panel de Pon turning 25 years old later this year. We shall see what happens.

In my post a year ago, I explained how Lip could be a character that could easily change herself to fit whatever motif Nintendo saw fit for a particular theme for an installment of Panel de Pon:
https://smashboards.com/threads/the...ailable-check-first-post.447016/post-23076618

The most important part:
Lip could have been the "brand glue" for Panel de Pon, even if Nintendo felt the need to branch out Panel de Pon to different game worlds to expand the appeal and interest in the series. She could have easily been a Nintendo All-Star and not just a retro character with a cult following. I do not think the "fairy theme" would have gotten the series far, but I think the synergy of Lip as a flexible protagonist and Panel de Pon having a lot of crossovers and cycling themes could have made the series far more popular than it is now.

Lip without Panel de Pon (basically Lip thrown into other game genres) or Panel de Pon without Lip (as we have been seeing over the past decade) could not fully "blossom", but rather they need one another I think. Panel de Pon could have been a series where the changing worlds and themes actually worked to build a brand loyalty, and Lip could have been the driver for such a franchise making consumers and fans curious for how Lip would mold herself to fit within the context of that particular world.

I am hoping that if the series is ever resurrected fully (not just a minigame in Animal Crossing or re-releases of past games on digital services), that Nintendo does this with Lip. If they do, I feel the appeal to Panel de Pon and Lip will both gradually grow over time in terms of fanbase and following.

Regardless of what happens, I am glad that Panel de Pon now has more exposure. Its a puzzle game masterpiece, and I hope many more people get to experience this great puzzle game.
Next stop: Lip get's into Smash as a playable character. I definitely see her as the Retro rep in Smash 6 though I don't think she will make it into Ultimate.

Last edited:

StarDustStorm

Smash Journeyman
But that said, I don't think Panel de Pon wouldn't have trended on Twitter at one point upon its announcement if they published the rebrand instead because Panel de Pon caused a lot of discussion when it was announced either out of surprised it was another name, the fact that they didn't see the characters before, or how it was like a refreshing brand new world to people.

While there'd obviously also be excitement for that version of the rebrand to be finally re-released. I don't think it wouldn't generated as much interest as the size of Nintendo's cast would not change for your average consumer. It also certainly doesn't help that spin-offs generally gets overshadowed by new series-related game announcements like Paper Mario. (Though its a spin-off by the same company for Pdp, and Paper Mario)

By re-releasing the original skin outside of Japan, its definitely also made Nintendo's cast of characters feel slightly bigger and more diverse which was always the niche that Panel de Pon mainly has compared to other Nintendo/Intelligent Systems properties.

Also the people in the top comments section for the May update on Twitter and YouTube's (Among other month updates) acting like "Panel de Pon doesn't exist" truthfully puts the series relevancy into question for the re-released rebrand games, it doesn't help that Pokemon Puzzle League wasn't on the Wii U VC which could of gotten its own Miiverse community, (which you could no longer download a new copy of the game on the Wii VC). Due to a game like Tetris Attack not being re-released outside of Japan I think its currently also suffering a similar fate as Golden Eye 64 where the game is simply fading into obscurity (To the modern generation consumer). The most recent re-release people got outside of Japan before Panel de Pon was like in 2013 with the GBC version of the Pokemon rebrand that's literally like 6-7 years ago. While the ACNL update had a minigame, the game's relevancy was fading due to the console feeling old to people (and the fact that ACNL was a 3-year old game at the time) plus its not exactly easy to get access to the minigame either as you are required to use a certain amiibo or get lucky at the Fortune Cookie.
Generally its hard for a re-release spin-off to carry the series' relevancy and maintain it at the same time which Nintendo probably knows this. Both this and a new game rebrand will always be overshadowed by the next new game of said series its rebranding off of. Especially to those audiences who weren't invested to the game as others which are also the same people I don't hear much about.

The flip side for the fizzled relevance is that it probably makes it easier to give the series gradually into its new brand name when they make the new game.

But that said the fairies in the story governs a specific part of the region to give something life in Popples, which would still be represented in another form if you used Lip as brand glue during the 90s-00s original run. In a way that one detail would of kept the spirit of it alive had LIp been featured in those rebranded games. In the end that was a serious missed opportunity back in the day as its not as needed nowdays.

Last edited:

Naoshi

I'd like to see them having a new Panel de Pon game with the amount of content Puyo Puyo Tetris has (Not the crossover aspect, but rather things like its story mode, several modes, custom rules, rich online play with 4p, etc). Something just enough content to keep newcomers interested (and eventually get eased into the competitive side of the game) to extend lastability. And maybe make the franchise a generational thing (so one game per system) to reduce fatigue.

IDK, I just want Lip and her friends to be a thing again! The rerelease is certainly no small feat, that's for sure.

Last edited:

Princess_Ashley

Smash Apprentice
Lip ended up getting a very nicely made Mii costume, a spirit appearance, and a selectable avatar for Ultimate, Sakurai and his team gave her the most she could have hoped for given her circumstances.
I disagree. If Piranha Plant is playable, then clearly Sakurai could have done more and didn't want to.

Naoshi

Plant's circumstance is different though... "Everyone recognizes it" is one of the reasons it was chosen.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Hi Lip fans!

I will be getting a capture card soon, and I'm wondering: would you guys be up for some Twitch streams of Panel de Pon on the SNES service when I do?

Naoshi

Progress on Lip in SRB2 Kart mod. Plenty of stuff left to do such as maybe fixing the ponytail's direction and giving her a proper Sign Post sprite.

Last edited:
Top Bottom