• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Fairy with Fighting Spirit: Lip for Smash! *Play Panel de Pon on NSO!*

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
But guys, Are you sure about that? Because i can also see that the toxic portion of the community would then go: "WHAT THE?! ANOTHER ANIME SWORDSMAN?!" and then some would say: "WHY PUT HER INSTEAD OF SORA OR SANS OR SCORPION OR DOOMGUY OR STEVE OR HEAVY?!" or "NOOOO SHE IS NOT POPULAR!!!" or something else like these examples.

Remember, Lip can possibly be programmed to use her wand as a sword, which i believe has to do with her neutrals, tilts, and smash attacks (i'm referring to a hypothetical moveset that the developers decide instead of following our requests). But i also like to see how her neutral special is how she charges her wand and at 100% power, the effect might summon panels coming out of the wand as if it's a ranged one too. Her side specials where she can literally swap two things' locations is also neatly good. Also, her final smash needs a finishing montage.

And if Lip truly is going to be promoted, we will have 2 spirits out of her: the old support spirit that grants you her wand, and a new fighter spirit that you get by beating classic mode; a new remix of her theme (i bet it's like a Eurobeat version or an Epic Orchestrated one), and an official Panel de Pon stage. I can also see that some of her comrades will be on their way to become either additional fighters or spirits (i mean i'd also like to see Windy, Sherbet, Thiana, and Flare coming along to the fray as their own unique characters, i even gave them weapons... Windy has a lance and Flare has a crossbow while Sherbet goes hand-to-hand combat and Thiana being a Sword user) Maybe we also need a Primary spirit from the series like Watabou if a Spirit battle is going to use Lip as the opponent.

Oh and i can see how there will be comics about Lip meeting the Inklings, Isabelle, a Piranha Plant, Joker, Dragon Quest Heroes, and Banjo Kazooie. Once Lip is announced, i will decide another character i want for Smash, a Japanese game character from an M rated Hack'n Slash Beat'em up series where the characters are Sexy female ninjas. And also, if Lip was announced before arle, people will start clamoring for a Puyo Puyo character.

Also, Lip (Character) using her old spirit would be a hilarious sight.....
I... Don't think anime swordsman complaints would be a concern. Lip doesn't wield a sword, and she isn't, well, a man.

D

Deleted member

I... Don't think anime swordsman complaints would be a concern. Lip doesn't wield a sword, and she isn't, well, a man.
Well, it's just the depiction, but still. When people use her wand as the item, they usually smack others with it, and they probably don't know how to use it properly, unlike Lip, who has truly mastered the art of Flower Magic.

Also, to everyone, i made a Fighter out of Flare, complete with trophy/spirit description, and moveset.

Super Smash Bros. Flare (Fighter Trophy).png

https://www.deviantart.com/wilsonasmara/art/Super-Smash-Bros-Flare-Fighter-Trophy-808597555?ga_submit_new=10:1565086069
Flare (Fighter)
Flare is the Fairy of the Fire. She is one of Lip's comrades in Panel de Pon. Based on the design, you can tell that she looks like a short tempered person. But don't underestimate that. If you mess with her, she will burn you into smithereens! In Super Smash Bros., Flare fights using her Fire Crossbow, something nobody is capable of having in possession!

Movesets:
Neutral: 3 hit jab: First hit is Flare punching with her right hand, second is Flare doing her sideways karate-chop using her left hand, and third has Flare doing a frontal kick.

Tilts:
Sides: Flare spins around with torches, damaging those who got hit.
Up: Flare does a 360 degree vertical kick.
Down: Flare slams her 2 hands down the floor with fire aura, and creates a small pulse of fire effect, damaging those who got hit.

Dash attack: Flare slides down the ground at fast speeds, causing people who she hits get tripped off. Flare's dash attack also emits fire aura of Flare, which deals fire damage to the opponents without Flare attacking. This effect goes off after 15 seconds.

Smash attacks:
Neutral: Flare shoots a single charged arrow attack. The arrows that Flare shoots have Fire aura on the front tip of her crossbow's arrow. However, the Neutral smash allows you to rotate the angle of the arrow.
Forward Smash: Flare's forward Smash is basically Peach Bomber, but deals additional Fire damage.
Backward Smash: Flare does a Backwards kick, deals fire damage.
Up Smash: Flare shoots 5 arrows upwards. Weak damage but faster than the charged neutral smash.
Down Smash: Flare spawns 3 garbage panels. Flare's garbage panels causes fire damage. If the garbage panels explode, it will guarantee a big knockback. Only Flare doesn't get hurt if she walks on top of her own garbage panels.

Aerials
Neutral: Flare summons fire balls at Horizontal, Vertical, and Diagonal directions while in mid-air.
Forward Aerial: Flare shoots 5 arrows forwards while in mid-air.
Backward Aerial: Flare shoots 5 arrows backwards while mid-air.
Up Aerial: Flare punches her opponent upwards, added with an extra jump.
Down Aerial: Flare dives like a missile, causing fire aura to emit from her, and when she lands, the surface she hits caught fire, which last for 20 seconds.

Grabs: Flare strangles her opponent with both hands.
Pummel: Flare kicks her victim with her knee.
Throws: Flare slams her opponent with a charged fire aura on her right hand. (Knockback, and 4 directions)

Specials:
Neutral: Flare does the Fire Breath. This move can be charged.
Forward Special: Flare shoots 3 arrows forwards. Standard damage and standard speed.
Backward Special: Flare shoots 3 arrows backwards. Standard damage and standard speed.
Up Special: Flare casts some Fire pillars from the ground. The fire lasts for 15 seconds.
Down Special: Flare casts rains of panels, but the panels are all on fire. about 50 panels fall.

Final Smash: Like Lip, Windy, Sherbet, and Thiana, Flare's Final smash is having you play Panel de Pon for 30 seconds.

Taunts:
1. Flare blows fire from her mouth upwards
2. Flare juggles some torches
3. Flare pretends that her butt is on fire

Victory pose:
1. Flare jumps happily like any other Panel de Pon Characters as the default winning animation.
2. Flare spawns out of nowhere, has fire aura, and strikes a peace sign pose.
3. Flare shoots fireworks from her crossbow and raises her crossbow upwards, smiling.

Last edited by a moderator:

Simnm

Smash Journeyman
But guys, Are you sure about that? Because i can also see that the toxic portion of the community would then go: "WHAT THE?! ANOTHER ANIME SWORDSMAN?!" and then some would say: "WHY PUT HER INSTEAD OF SORA OR SANS OR SCORPION OR DOOMGUY OR STEVE OR HEAVY?!" or "NOOOO SHE IS NOT POPULAR!!!" or something else like these examples.

Remember, Lip can possibly be programmed to use her wand as a sword, which i believe has to do with her neutrals, tilts, and smash attacks (i'm referring to a hypothetical moveset that the developers decide instead of following our requests). But i also like to see how her neutral special is how she charges her wand and at 100% power, the effect might summon panels coming out of the wand as if it's a ranged one too. Her side specials where she can literally swap two things' locations is also neatly good. Also, her final smash needs a finishing montage.

And if Lip truly is going to be promoted, we will have 2 spirits out of her: the old support spirit that grants you her wand, and a new fighter spirit that you get by beating classic mode; a new remix of her theme (i bet it's like a Eurobeat version or an Epic Orchestrated one), and an official Panel de Pon stage. I can also see that some of her comrades will be on their way to become either additional fighters or spirits (i mean i'd also like to see Windy, Sherbet, Thiana, and Flare coming along to the fray as their own unique characters, i even gave them weapons... Windy has a lance and Flare has a crossbow while Sherbet goes hand-to-hand combat and Thiana being a Sword user) Maybe we also need a Primary spirit from the series like Watabou if a Spirit battle is going to use Lip as the opponent.

Oh and i can see how there will be comics about Lip meeting the Inklings, Isabelle, a Piranha Plant, Joker, Dragon Quest Heroes, and Banjo Kazooie. Once Lip is announced, i will decide another character i want for Smash, a Japanese game character from an M rated Hack'n Slash Beat'em up series where the characters are Sexy female ninjas. And also, if Lip was announced before arle, people will start clamoring for a Puyo Puyo character.

Also, Lip (Character) using her old spirit would be a hilarious sight.....
Thats funny because i saw alot people call steve a anime swordsman

N. Onymous

Smash Champion
NNID
Midnuh
Switch FC
SW-5043-4045-6926
Thats funny because i saw alot people call steve a anime swordsman
As much as I don't like the idea of Steve in Smash Bros., he ain't no anime swordsman. The definition of "anime" must have broadened a lot in recent years.

We need more anime magic users to balance things out. Might I make a suggestion...?

D

Deleted member

As much as I don't like the idea of Steve in Smash Bros., he ain't no anime swordsman. The definition of "anime" must have broadened a lot in recent years. We need more anime magic users to balance things out. Might I make a suggestion...?
Arle Nadja and Amitie from Puyo Puyo, Load Ran from Twinkle star sprites, Any Anime Shoujo styled video game character for Smash (instead of Doomguy, Scorpion, Fortnite Guy, COD Soldier, Steve, Sora (Kingdom hearts is great, don't get me wrong, some of the music sounded like it came from Smash Bros), Son Goku, SpongeBob, Shrek, Sans, Waluigi, and any other impossible characters.) As a sane fan of the series, i really oppose to Western characters unless they have a BIG history with Nintendo, like Banjo-Kazooie, whom we all are going to see coming home. and that we don't have a true Puzzle Game genre character that utilizes the Puzzle game mechanic.

Instead of Anime swordsman styled game characters, Why not add more Anime Magical Girl styled characters. Also, instead of just discussing about Lip, Is anyone here going to be maining Banjo? I even have the desire to try them out, that is until Lip gets actually approved to join the roster! Also, i want to see Lip finally blast Yoshi and Pikachu off the stage with Mario, Link, Kirby, Banjo, and DQ Hero on Lip's team and then spam "IKUZO!" or even "Hoes Mad!"

Also, i want to see if people dare to roast Lip once she is in the game, or telling us what Lip as a character would be like in a nutshell, what her favourite thing is. Also, When i get the chance, i might make a Roller coaster themed about Lip and Panel de Pon as a whole in this game: Planet Coaster. And with that, i am still 300% with this support thread for Lip in Smash Bros, whether a Promotion in Ultimate via New DLC Wave, or a Straight up Newcomer Base Game Starter Fighter in the Next Smash Bros! Don't Lose Hope, Minna, IKUZO!!

N. Onymous

Smash Champion
NNID
Midnuh
Switch FC
SW-5043-4045-6926
Western pandering characters are awful. We have enough realistically proportioned humans in the game as it is. Give us more Banjo, more Inkling, more Duck Hunt. Give us retro characters. Give us Lip, you cowards.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Western pandering characters are awful. We have enough realistically proportioned humans in the game as it is. Give us more Banjo, more Inkling, more Duck Hunt. Give us retro characters. Give us Lip, you cowards.
Wow, now from just a mild Lip support thread despite the Mii Costume and Spirit debut, This thread evolves into ranting on Western Gaming characters (Except Banjo Kazooie) to the point that Supporting a single Nintendo Fairy Girl ends up inducing Salt to the Whiny Fandom. I like where this is going, I have a friend on DeviantArt who's been rambling about preventing those Meme garbage characters from getting in Smash, and she also supports Lip from Panel de Pon to be in Smash Bros.

Also, can i get the permission to create a Roller coaster themed after Panel de Pon and Lip herself in Planet Coaster?

N. Onymous

Smash Champion
NNID
Midnuh
Switch FC
SW-5043-4045-6926
Not all realistically designed characters are Western pandering. It could be argued that no character in Smash is. It does however seem like Japan has this idea that Western gamers only like characters drawn in realistic art styles, and that's just... It's not true.

You don't need anyone's permission to make that roller coaster. If you want to do it, go ahead.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Not all realistically designed characters are Western pandering. It could be argued that no character in Smash is. It does however seem like Japan has this idea that Western gamers only like characters drawn in realistic art styles, and that's just... It's not true. You don't need anyone's permission to make that roller coaster. If you want to do it, go ahead.
Guys, we have 2 games that have Lip's cameo appearance around the world: Her spirit and Mii Swordsman costume in Smash Ultimate, and the minigame in Animal Crossing new leaf, what's truly next for the Panel de Pon series? My friend over at deviantart is starting to lose patience in waiting to get the next Panel de Pon on the switch.

Do you all think Nintendo believes that we don't deserve such a puzzle game franchise anymore? And hear me out, as insane as it sounds, the announcement of either Panel de Pon Switch or Lip's Smash Fighter debut will definitely destroy the internet for good, even more than Banjo-Kazooie returning home! And if there is a second SSBU DLC Wave that has 1st party characters, there will be hope for our Fairy girl! Those M rated characters (Master Chief, Kratos, Doomguy, Scorpion, etc.) are NO MATCH for the ADORABLE LIP!

Also, 'll be uploading some artworks. They maybe simple, but it's worth supporting a new entry!

PsychoJosh

Banned via Administration
Not bad.

If they do a season 2 I really hope it's all first party characters. Finally give Lip a chance as well as F-Type.

D

Deleted member

Mario and Lip.png
Here is a drawing i made on DeviantArt some time ago. Open the spoiler tag to see it! And guess why? Because Mario and Lip have the same thing in common only differing gender! Can you guess what they have in common?

N. Onymous

Smash Champion
NNID
Midnuh
Switch FC
SW-5043-4045-6926
The next Maximus Cup in Tetris 99 is based on Three Houses. Really kind of upset they went for the obvious, and not for Panel de Pon. It's right there, people.

D

Deleted member

The next Maximus Cup in Tetris 99 is based on Three Houses. Really kind of upset they went for the obvious, and not for Panel de Pon. It's right there, people.
I think there IS a reason why. Nintendo has ABSOLUTELY NO INTENTION to have panel de Pon be affiliated with Tetris anymore since the Tetris Attack incident. Just because Panel de Pon isn't the theme of the next Tetris 99 Maximus Cup, doesn't mean it's justified to give Fire Emblem, or Tetris or even Puyo Puyo (if the latter is to be the NEXT In Line to be represented as the next Maximus Cup theme after Fire Emblem Three Houses) the hate! Not trying to be rude, just want to point that out.

Uh... blue eyes? I got nothing.
Oh, and to everyone, last time i gave you a challenge to see what Mario and Lip have in common, but you guys seem to have failed the challenge. I'll cover it up for you all.

Here is a list to know what they have.
1. Both Mario and Lip have a unique headwear (Mario has his hat, which can now Cap-Ture things, and Lip has a Hairbow making up a ponytail, some trait that NO super Smash Bros character possesses as of now)
2. Both Mario and Lip have a similar catchphrase(It's obvious what the catchphrases are, so i will not spoil it because EVERYBODY knows what their catchphrases are, and i want to hear Lip's catchphrase in SSB)
3. Both Mario and Lip have a similar color scheme. (Mario's color scheme is Red, and Blue, which has him appealing to boys, while Lip's color scheme is Reddish-Pink, and Yellow, which has her appealing to girls instead)
4. Both Mario and Lip are completely unique in one way but share one same trait (They are Both True Main characters. (Mario represents the platformer genre, and Lip represents the competitive Puzzle game genre)
5. Both Mario and Lip can ACTUALLY co-operate 100% better than anyone else! (They can both team up to actually rebel against Sonic and Arle (Note that i am not hating Puyo Puyo, just making my point) at anytime)
6. Both Mario and Lip have unique character status (Mario is a plumber who goes on adventures, just like Sonic, and Lip is a Fairy Princess who battles her foes by playing Panel de Pon, no one else has this position but her)

Man, i can't imagine how depressed Mario is, knowing that the character that could have been his true female and puzzle game counterpart, is no more, and not even the spirit and mii costume in SSB helps because SSB is never even Canonical at best, but hey, it would be a better idea if Panel de Pon is represented in a Mario game where Lip is actually a playable protagonist as her true character and NOT a Mario Maker costume for Mario. I'm not hating Luigi, just want to make one point that it would be a great sight to have Lip be truly playable in a Mario Platformer game and that her boss battles have you play Panel de Pon. But either way, Don't lose hope, Minna, IKUZO!

N. Onymous

Smash Champion
NNID
Midnuh
Switch FC
SW-5043-4045-6926
It's a shame. Panel de Pon had everything going for it, but it was released at a bad time (Puyo Puyo 2 had just come out, the N64 was on the horizon) and then a short-sighted, all-but-openly misogynist decision killed it.

It doesn't even have to come back as a puzzle game. Panel de Pon has the kind of setting and the kind of characters that would work great in nearly any genre, not just as a puzzle game. Platformer, party game, action-adventure, third-person shooter... Why don't they realize this?

D

Deleted member

It's a shame. Panel de Pon had everything going for it, but it was released at a bad time (Puyo Puyo 2 had just come out, the N64 was on the horizon) and then a short-sighted, all-but-openly misogynist decision killed it.

It doesn't even have to come back as a puzzle game. Panel de Pon has the kind of setting and the kind of characters that would work great in nearly any genre, not just as a puzzle game. Platformer, party game, action-adventure, third-person shooter... Why don't they realize this?
I do think it eould be best for Lip to first become a:
Mario Kart 8 Deluxe DLC racer. Along with her are 2 other characters in her bundle: Captain Falcon and Kirby. This dlc pack comes with 2 cups. One is dedicated to Kirby, and the other is dedicated to Lip. These 2 new cups will have some tracks not present in the base game of MK8DX, a true Splatoon race track, a Kirby race track, and a Panel de Pon race track. Why i prefer this first: Mario Kart 8's inclusion of Inklings and Isabelle foreshadowed their character debut in Smash Ultimate It's like that Mario Kart 8's DLC packs is a test to see if a Non-Mario character from Nintendo is qualified for Super Smash Bros. Mario Kart could be the first game to show Lip as a character in the early 2020s.
So yeah. Lip4MarioKart too! Minna, IKUZO!

N. Onymous

Smash Champion
NNID
Midnuh
Switch FC
SW-5043-4045-6926
I like that idea. I doodled up an idea of Lip in a bike outfit once, and a concept for a bike she could use. I've probably posted it a billion times already, but I may as well put it up again just so you know what I'm talking about.

D

Deleted member

I like that idea. I doodled up an idea of Lip in a bike outfit once, and a concept for a bike she could use. I've probably posted it a billion times already, but I may as well put it up again just so you know what I'm talking about.

I can't see anything....

Anyway, I always think about giving Lip a Formula one-esque racing car for her kart. Something like those cars used in the NTT IndyCar series and Indianapolis 500.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Not bad.

If they do a season 2 I really hope it's all first party characters. Finally give Lip a chance as well as F-Type.
Call me a mad man, but I think Lip will be the retro rep for Smash 6. It's insane that fans in the Smash Ballot got enough votes to get her a Mii costume in Ultimate. The Mii costume kind of marks the first time she has been out of Japan. That there is a really good sign that Sakurai and the Smash team have her on their radar, but isn't on their priority list at the moment.

D

Deleted member

Call me a mad man, but I think Lip will be the retro rep for Smash 6. It's insane that fans in the Smash Ballot got enough votes to get her a Mii costume in Ultimate. The Mii costume kind of marks the first time she has been out of Japan. That there is a really good sign that Sakurai and the Smash team have her on their radar, but isn't on their priority list at the moment.
And when she is in Smash Bros, my first YouTube video about playing as her is going to be about torturing some Yoshis and Pikachus (In-Game!)

N. Onymous

Smash Champion
NNID
Midnuh
Switch FC
SW-5043-4045-6926
Yoshi will definitely be my punching bag when Lip gets in Smash 12.

N. Onymous

Smash Champion
NNID
Midnuh
Switch FC
SW-5043-4045-6926
I know, I'm joking too.

I support Lip because of her being part of Gunpei Yokoi's legacy.
It's one of the only notable creations he's worked on that still has minimal representation in Smash Bros. I think it's time that changed.

N. Onymous

Smash Champion
NNID
Midnuh
Switch FC
SW-5043-4045-6926
Recent developments and revelations have led me to a decision.

I'm taking another sabbatical from the Smash Bros. community.

I don't know when, or if, I'll return. Probably when the series returns to being a celebration of all Nintendo's history, not just the latest/biggest hits and whatever third party companies threw the most money at Nintendo to get their realistic human man in the game.

I'm not giving up on Lip. But her series will have to be revived, and more importantly released in English, before she'll have a ghost of a chance.

That's all I have to say. I'll be on Discord if anyone wants to talk with me some more. Goodbye.

Last edited:

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Recent developments and revelations have led me to a decision.

I'm taking another sabbatical from the Smash Bros. community.

I don't know when, or if, I'll return. Probably when the series returns to being a celebration of all Nintendo's history, not just the latest/biggest hits and whatever third party companies threw the most money at Nintendo to get their realistic human man in the game.

I'm not giving up on Lip. But her series will have to be revived, and more importantly released in English, before she'll have a ghost of a chance.

That's all I have to say. I'll be on Discord if anyone wants to talk with me some more. Goodbye.
Well, hope to see you back soon!

N. Onymous

Smash Champion
NNID
Midnuh
Switch FC
SW-5043-4045-6926
Now that my sinking suspicions have been confirmed, I'll say this much in regards to the Super NES service for NSO: If we're getting Super Puyo Puyo and not Kirby's Avalanche, what's to say we won't get Panel de Pon instead of Tetris Attack? Who knows... maybe Lip will finally escape Japan.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Now that my sinking suspicions have been confirmed, I'll say this much in regards to the Super NES service for NSO: If we're getting Super Puyo Puyo and not Kirby's Avalanche, what's to say we won't get Panel de Pon instead of Tetris Attack? Who knows... maybe Lip will finally escape Japan.
Or better while they are at it, Announce Lip as a DLC Fighter!

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Yes! Could be the moment we've been waiting for for so long!

Fellow obscure Japan only series Famicom Tantei Club is making a comeback. So who knows what else is up Nintendo's sleeve?

PsychoJosh

Banned via Administration
Watch, they're gonna reveal Panel de Pon for NSO and announce Lip for Smash on the exact same day.

D

Deleted member

And that is Exactly what i wanna see. Also, if NintenDID Announce the OG Panel de Pon on the NSO And Lip as a DLC Fighter, they might as well announce a new installment of Panel de Pon on the Switch! (Bonus if a Wii version is announced since the Wii hasn't died out yet!)

Top Bottom