• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Fairy with Fighting Spirit: Lip for Smash! *Play Panel de Pon on NSO!*

N. Onymous

Smash Champion
NNID
Midnuh
Switch FC
SW-5043-4045-6926
Except for the Sakurai Defense Force that will shoot you down for wanting a character.
Yeah, well, at this point we've heard all the "reasons" why Lip should never be a playable character in Smash Bros., and we have a counter for each of them. They can try to knock us down, but we'll get up again. You're never gonna keep a Lip supporter down.

wimbearn

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, well, at this point we've heard all the "reasons" why Lip should never be a playable character in Smash Bros., and we have a counter for each of them. They can try to knock us down, but we'll get up again. You're never gonna keep a Lip supporter down.
Yeah! We will never give up! I, a Lip supporter will always support her, this board, and the PDP series. Who's with me?

N. Onymous

Smash Champion
NNID
Midnuh
Switch FC
SW-5043-4045-6926
Yeah! We will never give up! I, a Lip supporter will always support her, this board, and the PDP series. Who's with me?
I don't think you have to worry about anybody here disagreeing with you, heheheh. Lip forever!

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
Had anyone found any good Mii characters for Lip lately?
It makes me realize- they could really make Mii characters more unique if they were able to be used alongside specific items, even ATs and Pokemon.
That would up the originality of so many options, without needing much more to program.

It would make Lip more available as a Mii, too, given her iconic stick.
Mii's are half the time not considered real characters, I really do wish we just called them a create your own, with the Mii logo.

N. Onymous

Smash Champion
NNID
Midnuh
Switch FC
SW-5043-4045-6926
There are plenty of great Lip Miis out there, if you look. I just wish we could have the real one instead.

N. Onymous

Smash Champion
NNID
Midnuh
Switch FC
SW-5043-4045-6926
The Panel de Pon Discord server has been having a lot of fun making stages based off the game. Here's one of my favorites:

Its ID is SGPNTK5J. It's loosely based on the stage concept I posted in here earlier, although the limitations of the editor mean that it couldn't be reproduced exactly. The panel platforms on the sides move up off the upper blast line.

Edit: The creator of the stage updated it a bit, so the code changed.

Last edited:

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
This thread has suddenly made me realize, I've never played Panel de Pon, nor do I even know where I would find it.

I've just played the converted (worse) American localizations.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
This thread has suddenly made me realize, I've never played Panel de Pon, nor do I even know where I would find it.

Well, I don't know about legal means, but there's a completed fan translation for the game, so that plus a rom and emulator should do it.

N. Onymous

Smash Champion
NNID
Midnuh
Switch FC
SW-5043-4045-6926

I know that feeling. I'd really give anything to be able to play Panel de Pon's unbutchered form in English, but I guess Nintendo just doesn't want my money. :/

It always agitated me whenever I see one of those "dead Nintendo franchises" memes and Panel de Pon is nowhere on them when even more obscure games like Custom Robo, or series that are outright finished and should arguably not get a new game ever like Mother, are.

It's like... what will it take to get them to recognize Lip and friends as wonderful characters in their own right who deserve to come back and be appreciated just as much as Mike Jones or Starfy? Call me a fair weather fan if you must, but it's so hard being a Panepon supporter sometimes.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I know what you mean on the "supporting lesser known franchises". It can be quite difficult. I hope we start getting more Pandepon content at some point...

N. Onymous

Smash Champion
NNID
Midnuh
Switch FC
SW-5043-4045-6926
It could be sooner than we think. Assuming Super Mario Maker 2 brings back the Costume Mushroom, we'd probably be getting a new wave of costumes to go with it. Hopefully, if that's the case, we get more fairies and less generic mahjong tiles and volleyball players that don't even have a name this time.

Last edited:

Princess_Ashley

Smash Apprentice

Late response but it is in the super famicom mini if you wanna import one.

It could be sooner than we think. Assuming Super Mario Maker 2 brings back the Costume Mushroom, we'd probably be getting a new wave of costumes to go with it. Hopefully, if that's the case, we get more fairies and less generic mahjong tiles and volleyball players that don't even have a name this time.
Hopefully! I really hope Ashley returns to mario maker. Her and Lip being playable somewhat together would be a godsend!

N. Onymous

Smash Champion
NNID
Midnuh
Switch FC
SW-5043-4045-6926
Lippy and Ashley, two cute magical girls with very different personalities. Wouldn't that crossover be a dream? I love it when two diametrically opposed characters serve as foils to each other. It's part of why I have a ton of fun writing "straight man/comedian" dialogue--I don't know if I've posted about it in the thread before, but that's a reason why I feel Windy is so fun to write. In my mind at least, she's so bubbly and hyper that she can play off of almost any of the other girls.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
Lippy and Ashley, two cute magical girls with very different personalities. Wouldn't that crossover be a dream? I love it when two diametrically opposed characters serve as foils to each other. It's part of why I have a ton of fun writing "straight man/comedian" dialogue--I don't know if I've posted about it in the thread before, but that's a reason why I feel Windy is so fun to write. In my mind at least, she's so bubbly and hyper that she can play off of almost any of the other girls.
I would buy that game.

wimbearn

Smash Apprentice
I love that idea and would buy it.

N. Onymous

Smash Champion
NNID
Midnuh
Switch FC
SW-5043-4045-6926
It really would be a great way to introduce newcomers to the Panel de Pon series, if you think about it. Ashley is very popular all over the world, and pairing her up with characters from a series that's relatively obscure over here would help foreign audiences become more familiar with Lip and the rest. It'd give players a familiar character as a sort of anchor or gateway to lesser-known ones, sort of like what Sega did in the US and Europe with Puyo Puyo Tetris. I know I keep bringing that game up a lot, but I genuinely think it's a good model that Nintendo should consider following.

D

Deleted member

I don't think you have to worry about anybody here disagreeing with you, heheheh. Lip forever!
Hi i am new and i Support #Lip4Smash also!

Hey guys, i have been wondering. If Lip did make it into smash as a Fighter (either Base or DLC) what would your reactions be? What possible memes about Lip will be on the internet?

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Please do not double post. Edit your messages instead. :)

It really would be a great way to introduce newcomers to the Panel de Pon series, if you think about it. Ashley is very popular all over the world, and pairing her up with characters from a series that's relatively obscure over here would help foreign audiences become more familiar with Lip and the rest. It'd give players a familiar character as a sort of anchor or gateway to lesser-known ones, sort of like what Sega did in the US and Europe with Puyo Puyo Tetris. I know I keep bringing that game up a lot, but I genuinely think it's a good model that Nintendo should consider following.
I love the idea. Not just cause I'm an Ashley fan either. Using popular product to help push obscure series is always a good idea to bring it into the spotlight. It's why getting your franchise to have an appearance in Smash is a great thing, even if it's a smaller appearance(so basically not playable). It's part of why I'm very satisfied with having Mii costumes for many characters. It's still something of note.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend

Hey guys, i have been wondering. If Lip did make it into smash as a Fighter (either Base or DLC) what would your reactions be? What possible memes about Lip will be on the internet?
My reaction would be great happiness, followed by an explanation to my friends of who Lip is.

Welcome to Smashboards by the way! It's always good to see new faces.

wimbearn

Smash Apprentice

Hey! Welcome! If Lip did make it, I would be happy, of course! And thanks for supporting! :)

D

Deleted member

Hey guys, i just edited this massive comment and reduced it quite a lot, so i can actually make this artwork on Deviantart.
https://www.deviantart.com/wilsonas...ros-Panel-de-Pon-base-game-fighters-797353557
That orange colored is the link to the image, with a full description. Not only i want Lip to be a fighter, but i have a strong desire of her other friends being fighters as well. Until i can come up with the others' movesets, you get to discuss this of your own.

https://www.deviantart.com/wilsonasmara/art/Super-Smash-Bros-Ultimate-Lip-Wallpaper-796327476
This image has been perfected in some way. I had to use a downloadable wallpaper for this to work.

https://www.deviantart.com/wilsonas...Bros-Lip-and-Furil-Fighter-Trophies-796471659
And one last thing on this comment, What if Furil is playable as a Separate character (and NOT a Palette swap of Lip), maybe via DLC or something. Super Smash Bros. would benefit a lot of Panel de Pon's fairies make it into the franchise as fighters, which will also deal a Huge impact on both Smash Bros. and Panel de Pon.

Having Lip as a playable fighter to truly represent Puzzle video games in Smash Bros. as a whole, will be a new start for both franchises. Lip's inclusion as a fighter has a better impact than Waluigi or Geno (I don't care if those 2 would be suddenly playable fighters, since i have no interest in side characters that often, and i never liked Waluigi or Geno.)

Oh, and i Don't believe in the theory of Furil being Lip's daughter, since the third image in this post depicts Furil having 2 wands, red eyes, and different outfit color patterns.

Last edited by a moderator:

N. Onymous

Smash Champion
NNID
Midnuh
Switch FC
SW-5043-4045-6926
I'm going to have to echo the mods here and ask you not to double or triple post. I appreciate having some activity in the thread, but it's kinda flood-y.

Since it's MerMay, I was going to draw Neris sometime soon. I haven't really drawn her at all, but she's one of my favorites of the cast, so I'm thinking it'll be fun.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
...I didn't even notice the last triple post. Wow. I guess I gotta still get back into the groove.

Anyway, since the message was gotten across, I simply merged it and that's that. Generally, if more double posting keeps happening(that we know for sure isn't an error of sorts), handing out warnings and infractions is the normal response. That said, I know you're new @Wilsonasmara so please try to work on editing your posts instead. :)

N. Onymous

Smash Champion
NNID
Midnuh
Switch FC
SW-5043-4045-6926
Wow, I actually followed through with something I said I was going to do. What are the odds? Anyway, here's a Neris for MerMay:

I was going to touch her up on the computer later, so watch this space.

Last edited:

N. Onymous

Smash Champion
NNID
Midnuh
Switch FC
SW-5043-4045-6926
There's a Mario Maker 2 stream in about 5-6 hours. If they bring back the Costume Mushroom (and I'll be surprised if they don't considering what an iconic part of the original game it was), I hope Lip gets to be a costume this time. Nintendo seems to be slowly recognizing the cult appeal that Panepon has, and this would be a perfect way to give her another recognition boost via a popular franchise.

Oh yeah. Speaking of Lip and costumes, I updated my Lip skin for Make a Good Mega Man Level 2.

You can download it here. Consider this a sort of 2.0 update. The most major change is that it's now compatible with alter weapons (if you don't know what those are, don't worry too much about it and just focus on collecting more Noble Nickels), but I also updated a few areas of the sprites I felt were poorly drawn. I'll put it up on Twitter later, but I figured I'd share it with you guys first. Enjoy!

Last edited:

wimbearn

Smash Apprentice
There's a Mario Maker 2 stream in about 5-6 hours. If they bring back the Costume Mushroom (and I'll be surprised if they don't considering what an iconic part of the original game it was), I hope Lip gets to be a costume this time. Nintendo seems to be slowly recognizing the cult appeal that Panepon has, and this would be a perfect way to give her another recognition boost via a popular franchise.

Oh yeah. Speaking of Lip and costumes, I updated my Lip skin for Make a Good Mega Man Level 2.

You can download it here. Consider this a sort of 2.0 update. The most major change is that it's now compatible with alter weapons (if you don't know what those are, don't worry too much about it and just focus on collecting more Noble Nickels), but I also updated a few areas of the sprites I felt were poorly drawn. I'll put it up on Twitter later, but I figured I'd share it with you guys first. Enjoy!
Nice sprite! How did you make it?

N. Onymous

Smash Champion
NNID
Midnuh
Switch FC
SW-5043-4045-6926
Nice sprite! How did you make it?
I drew it myself in GIMP (there are better art programs out there but this is the one I use for sprites). I'm admittedly not the best at pixel art, but I'm getting better every time I try.

wimbearn

Smash Apprentice
I drew it myself in GIMP (there are better art programs out there but this is the one I use for sprites). I'm admittedly not the best at pixel art, but I'm getting better every time I try.
I'm trying my best at pixel art too!

N. Onymous

Smash Champion
NNID
Midnuh
Switch FC
SW-5043-4045-6926
So I have some bad news. Remember how I said I was happy for Mario Maker 2 because it would give Lip a second chance to be a costume mushroom costume?

...yeah. Guess what they took out.

Not angry about this. Just disappointed. And all that jealousy towards random things like Babymetal, Shaun the Sheep, and a mahjong tile getting costumes while Lip got left out in the cold is starting to creep back.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
So I have some bad news. Remember how I said I was happy for Mario Maker 2 because it would give Lip a second chance to be a costume mushroom costume?

Not angry about this. Just disappointed. And all that jealousy towards random things like Babymetal, Shaun the Sheep, and a mahjong tile getting costumes while Lip got left out in the cold is starting to creep back.
Wow, they really took it out? That's crazy, it was a huge part of the first game.

They might bring it back through an update, I can see that happening.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I know that the directs hasn't shown it, but where has to be outright confirmed they aren't returning?

They've yet to show a huge amount of stuff so far.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
GameXplain guys asked specifically about it and were told it's not coming back.
Aw, that sucks.

My guess is amiibo are harder to sell and with that feature cut out(I already knew that amiibo were not longer compatible with it), they removed the feature that used it the most.

Was it explained why amiibo were removed?

N. Onymous

Smash Champion
NNID
Midnuh
Switch FC
SW-5043-4045-6926
Was it explained why amiibo were removed?
I don't think so, but amiibo in general have been on a decline lately thanks to a combination of scalping and people not liking how certain content was locked behind them. They're still being made, but the days where they were compatible with every game are long gone.

wimbearn

Smash Apprentice

Now I'm worried.... :(

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Now I'm worried.... :(
What is there to worry about? Lip got a Mii costume and none of those characters didn't. Hell, Lip could be the potential retro rep in Smash 6 because it's surreal to me she did well enough in the Smash Ballot to receive a Mii costume in Ultimate. She is definitely on the Smash team's rader, but is obviously not their top priority right now.

Klimax

Smash Ace
Finally played Panel de Pon, ****, this game is really addictive and really good. And i'm not really into puzzle game, but that one is really good.
I hope she gets more love from Nintendo.

Top Bottom