• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Fairy with Fighting Spirit: Lip for Smash! *Play Panel de Pon on NSO!*

D

Deleted member

You have to make a big Lip of fate to become the best at Panel De Pon.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Hey all, it's been a while. Just wanted to let you all know that I finally got around to finishing my Super Lip 64 mod, everything works perfectly as it should. I have released the patch file for it, you can get the download link for the patch in the video description here:

Just to give you an idea on how she looks now compared to before: View attachment 199978
I think she's turned out great! Hope you all enjoy the mod. I might update it in the future by adding facial expressions maybe, and possibly even trying to attempt my own N64-esque Lip model. But MrPr1993 did such a good job capturing the N64 feel with his model already I feel!
Wow, that looks great!

Princess_Ashley

Smash Apprentice
Hey all, it's been a while. Just wanted to let you all know that I finally got around to finishing my Super Lip 64 mod, everything works perfectly as it should. I have released the patch file for it, you can get the download link for the patch in the video description here:

Just to give you an idea on how she looks now compared to before: View attachment 199978
I think she's turned out great! Hope you all enjoy the mod. I might update it in the future by adding facial expressions maybe, and possibly even trying to attempt my own N64-esque Lip model. But MrPr1993 did such a good job capturing the N64 feel with his model already I feel!
Amazing job! Lip looks great!

D

Deleted member

Looks pretty good, though the whole "90s VCR aesthetic" does make it somewhat difficult to see. Maybe it would be a good idea to make some clearer preview pictures or maybe a gif? Also you gonna make a stage to go with it, maybe a small 6 star hack? Or is this character only?

Also a small nitpick, but I'd make her skirt a bit wider, as I've noticed some obvious clipping with Mario's animations and maybe add some shading to give it a wavy appearance.

N. Onymous

Smash Champion
NNID
Midnuh
Switch FC
SW-5043-4045-6926
I'm really sorry I didn't comment on this mod earlier. I meant to, but I didn't have the time. It looks amazing and adorable, and it's obvious a ton of love was put into it. Awesome work!

I wonder if we could convince the Net64 team to port her in.

Last edited:

StarDustStorm

Smash Journeyman
My name wasn't removed for some reason, so you better remove it. I no longer want to participate with any Smash Speculation in general. Its not worth my time, so I do not want my name there because it feels like an improper investment for me.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
My name wasn't removed for some reason, so you better remove it. I no longer want to participate with any Smash Speculation in general. Its not worth my time, so I do not want my name there because it feels like an improper investment for me.
That's too bad, but I'm sure you have your reasons. Thanks for the time you spent here!

N. Onymous

Smash Champion
NNID
Midnuh
Switch FC
SW-5043-4045-6926
Alright. I'll do it once I get home, it'll take too long to do on my phone. I could do without the threatening wording though.

N. Onymous

Smash Champion
NNID
Midnuh
Switch FC
SW-5043-4045-6926
Check Lip's article on Smash Wiki for a surprise...

I mean, today is the only day I would acknowledge Tetris Attack, right?

D

Deleted member

Poor Lip always had her franchise being take away from her by other ones, Pokemon even got two. I say it's time to fight back and take over a Pokemon game and for that i chose the Pokemon TCG for the GB/C. So behind the scenes and using with the disassembly, I've been hard at work changing the Pokemon centric game into a more Nintendo oriented one, starting with no other than Lip:

N. Onymous

Smash Champion
NNID
Midnuh
Switch FC
SW-5043-4045-6926
Joke or not, that looks really nice. I'd love to see someone take this concept and make it an actual thing.

D

Deleted member

Yeah, the last pic gave away it's just an April Fool's joke, although the screens are legit and not faked in paint. I did get lazy and just changed attributes and text though, the attack effect is actually just Charmander's Ember (discard a Fire Energy). I mean, why bother when it's just for a pic anyway?

Though in theory it's very much possible to retool the game into a more Nintendo centric one, replacing all the cards, changing effects, attributes, etc. You can even add completely new ones in addition to the 228 cards already in the game, so you have total freedom.

But sorry, I'm not doing it, it's quite a bit of work for a group, let alone a single person. I mean, just look at what would've to be done:
  • Cards (characters)
  • Graphics
  • Grouping the cards into booster sets (TCG has 5: Evolution, Laboratory, Mystery, Colosseum, Promo)
  • Attributes (typing, retreat cost, rarity, etc.)
  • Attacks
  • Balancing
  • Enemy Decks (if you care for singleplayer)
  • Probably more I'm missing
Now the actual coding work, which is arguably the hardest part for most people who'd have interest in such a thing, is something I could handle pretty easily (it's a bit messy, but nothing I couldn't manage). It's the sum of it all that makes me wanting not to even bother, it's simply too much work for me alone. If there would be interest in making this a group effort, maybe from fans of other franchises as well, I'd throw my hat into the ring, but otherwise?

Don't get me wrong, I'm open to the idea of helping or talking about it, but not alone. And to be honest, I have kind of given up on a group project ever happening, as harsh as it might sound. Such things always got ignored in the past. I mean, I can't do more than offering my help.

Last edited by a moderator:

N. Onymous

Smash Champion
NNID
Midnuh
Switch FC
SW-5043-4045-6926
Don't get me wrong, I'm open to the idea of helping or talking about it, but not alone. And to be honest, I have kind of given up on a group project ever happening, as harsh as it might sound. Such things always got ignored in the past. I mean, I can't do more than offering my help.
The thing about our community is that we have the talent to band together and really put out something special, but for some reason, we just don't want to use it. I wish I knew why.

D

Deleted member

The thing about our community is that we have the talent to band together and really put out something special, but for some reason, we just don't want to use it. I wish I knew why.
I fully agree here. I tried to get a group project going more than once, only to fall on deaf ears. After a while you then just kinda give up and stop trying, ya know? Everyone always says we need more exposure, but when given opportunities they are getting ignored.

Ya know, maybe the guys over at the Assist Alliance place would be interested, come to think of it. They're pretty vocal and all about getting stuff done. And doing a crossover hack like the TCG mentioned above would give every fandom a chance to their character(s) out there. Could be worth a shot, but right now I'm not feeling too well to make such a proposal anyway. Though it does sound like a fun project if you could manage to get a passionate group going.

N. Onymous

Smash Champion
NNID
Midnuh
Switch FC
SW-5043-4045-6926
I would love this! Obscure characters are usually my favorite newcomer concepts. It just makes the whole game feel much more like a representation of Nintendo's history.
I agree. Smash Bros. is at its best when it's being a representation of Nintendo and all of its rich and varied history in the world of video gaming. SSB4 was massively disappointing to me because the vast majority of the newcomers, new stages, and oh good lord especially trophies were put in to advertise some recent game now available at your local retailers don't miss out! (Note that this includes rushed garbage nobody likes. Paper Mario Sticker Star is the worst game in the series by far, but it was New and Relevant, so it got a spot in the game over... hell, anything from the 1990s, Lip included.) Read the description for the Excitebiker trophy sometime--it's so "BUY OUR GAME" it's almost disgusting. Part of me gets the feeling that Ultimate only turned out the way it did because of how soon it was released after the fourth game, and I get the uneasy the feeling they're swinging back hard in the "advertising" direction for the DLC. I'd love to be wrong, but Joker seems like a sign of things to come.

At least give us Banjo, Sora. Please?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I don't have much time right now, so I'll keep myself short.

Would anyone here actually be willing to join the project mentioned above if should propose it? The entire things lives and dies by getting a group going, so by just sitting back it will never happen.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
Hoping for lots of new franchises. I'm almost shocked thats not a bit more of a priority.

Panel de Pon.
Chibi Robo.
Rhythm Heaven.
Balloon Fight.
Excite Bike.
Golden Sun.
Arms.

Sure, I want Captain Toad, Dixie, Meowth, Eevee, Paper Mario... but a new franchise adds a different type of hype.
Sure, Third party characters are often new franchises, but a tribute to the Nintendo Love is also its own treat.

D

Deleted member

Just like I expected, it once again fell on deaf ears. I've been trying to get something done more than once, only to continuously be ignored, so at this point I've given up. We could've done something great together, but no one is willing to do so. Hell, people "like" my messages, meaning they agree with what I'm saying (I think, I really detest this system due to exactly this reason, it doesn't promote discussions at all), yet continue to act like before. The tone deafness is just perplexing, to be blunt. People here want things to happen, but not work for it and instead hope others will do it for them, That's basically what it boils down to. Pretty much no one is actually supporting her and do something to get the word out. Very few do, yes, but most just sit by idly. And considering the huge list of "supporters" in the OP, it does irritate me seeing all that wasted potential.

What I'm trying to say is, I have no reason to keep supporting a group that neither supports nor really acts group, so please take me off of the supporters list. I'm sorry, but I feel like my time is better spent elsewhere at this point. Yes, those are harsh words, but after years of "wouldn't it be nice" and not acting upon it, I've grown tired of all this. I'm still available via PMs if, for whatever reason, there's a need, but not in this thread anymore.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
I can't speak for anyone else, but personally, I don't have any artistic talents I could lend to a project like this. It's something that's bound to happen in a small group like this.

N. Onymous

Smash Champion
NNID
Midnuh
Switch FC
SW-5043-4045-6926
What I'm trying to say is, I have no reason to keep supporting a group that neither supports nor really acts group, so please take me off of the supporters list. I'm sorry, but I feel like my time is better spent elsewhere at this point. Yes, those are harsh words, but after years of "wouldn't it be nice" and not acting upon it, I've grown tired of all this. I'm still available via PMs if, for whatever reason, there's a need, but not in this thread anymore.
I'm so sorry, Tai. I would have responded earlier, but real life kept getting in the way.

Please don't take my lack of posting as a lack of interest. I really would love to contribute to a project like this, but I'm not sure if I really have any talents that I could contribute to it, besides maybe artwork and/or writing. I'm no assembly whiz, unfortunately, and balancing isn't really my forte either. I'd certainly do what I could to help this along, though.

N. Onymous

Smash Champion
NNID
Midnuh
Switch FC
SW-5043-4045-6926
i feel like shit, and yes i just broke the word filter but i dont care it needs to be said

i could have stopped this from happening if my attention span were just a bit more solid.

one of the most creative and talented members in our community and shes just gone.

i dont know if i can do this anymore.

PsychoJosh

Banned via Administration
Just like I expected, it once again fell on deaf ears. I've been trying to get something done more than once, only to continuously be ignored, so at this point I've given up. We could've done something great together, but no one is willing to do so. Hell, people "like" my messages, meaning they agree with what I'm saying (I think, I really detest this system due to exactly this reason, it doesn't promote discussions at all), yet continue to act like before. The tone deafness is just perplexing, to be blunt. People here want things to happen, but not work for it and instead hope others will do it for them, That's basically what it boils down to. Pretty much no one is actually supporting her and do something to get the word out. Very few do, yes, but most just sit by idly. And considering the huge list of "supporters" in the OP, it does irritate me seeing all that wasted potential.
I'm sorry but you really need to learn to manage your expectations.

What exactly are you mad about here? The fact that no one is willing to work on your elaborate romhack for free? It is unfortunate but that's just the way the world works. Why are you upset over this and flipping accusatory tones towards others? This is how things have always been. Talent is hard to come across and it's not cheap. You said yourself that you understand that creating a romhack of this magnitude is going to be a monumental task, requiring programmers, artists, writers and basically an indie dev team in of itself, and it will require a fair amount of time from all parties involved. But you seem to think that everyone just has an infinite amount of time and talent to spend as they please on such a project? They don't.

So you didn't get replies from people willing to contribute for free. Does that mean we don't care? No. Does that mean we wouldn't support such a project? No. All it means is that we don't have the inclination to work on such a thing for any number of reasons. You are basically asking everyone to sink a massive amount of time and effort into a project for absolutely NOTHING in return. There's VERY few people who are willing to do this, who are not extraordinarily talented themselves and are not trying to work on their own projects. I'm sorry but it's pretty entitled of you to expect people with talent to work for free on a spur-of-the-moment project, especially one as big as remaking an entire game from scratch.

People do appreciate your time and your effort, yes, people do like your idea, yes, but that doesn't mean they should be expected to sink large amounts of time and effort into a project with no compensation whatsoever. Even the Lip model our community banded together for had to be paid for with real money. Everyone has only so much time to give. Just because you have time doesnt mean everyone does.

Last edited:

N. Onymous

Smash Champion
NNID
Midnuh
Switch FC
SW-5043-4045-6926
again lack of posting =/ lack of interest. Im sure most people here would love to see this take off and would contribute to it however they could

If you're still up for working on panepon projects then i still have an rpg I want to make, i'd really appreciate some help with that

Edit: I should probably note I was asleep when Tai posted that last message and would've replied if i hadn't been

Last edited:

N. Onymous

Smash Champion
NNID
Midnuh
Switch FC
SW-5043-4045-6926
I'm feeling a little better now.

I still don't want Taigiry to leave this community. There are no words for how much respect I have for her, and how much I appreciate what she's done. I don't want that to get thrown away.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
I agree with you, but ultimately she's free to feel whatever she feels. I'm sure that she knows how much we appreciate everything she's done for the cause, too, so all things considered I hope she doesn't leave with bitter feelings.

We've been losing supporters a lot lately, too, so maybe this is a wake-up call we need.

wimbearn

Smash Apprentice
Hey! I'm new here and would love to support this board. I am a Panel de Pon fan and I love Lip! :)

N. Onymous

Smash Champion
NNID
Midnuh
Switch FC
SW-5043-4045-6926
Hi! It's always great to get new supporters around here, especially with all of the good people we've been hemorrhaging lately. Welcome to the crew!

N. Onymous

Smash Champion
NNID
Midnuh
Switch FC
SW-5043-4045-6926
So... what do you guys think? Is there still hope Lip will be one of the last 4(?) DLC characters, or should we shift our efforts over to Smash 6? I don't really know anymore.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
So... what do you guys think? Is there still hope Lip will be one of the last 4(?) DLC characters, or should we shift our efforts over to Smash 6? I don't really know anymore.
I think definitely Smash 6. Lip isn't really the kind of character that's an easy sell as DLC.

N. Onymous

Smash Champion
NNID
Midnuh
Switch FC
SW-5043-4045-6926
There's a part of me that's worried our efforts there will be wasted too. Ultimate is honestly the worst title they could have ever given this game, because it gives the implication that this is "the big one," the Smash game to end all Smash games, and that any characters they could possibly add after this would be scraping the bottom of the barrel. Especially after we got Ridley and K. Rool in the same game.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
There's a part of me that's worried our efforts there will be wasted too. Ultimate is honestly the worst title they could have ever given this game, because it gives the implication that this is "the big one," the Smash game to end all Smash games, and that any characters they could possibly add after this would be scraping the bottom of the barrel. Especially after we got Ridley and K. Rool in the same game.
I think there's more than enough characters left out of the game - and people complaining about said characters - to counter that impression of not needing any more characters.

N. Onymous

Smash Champion
NNID
Midnuh
Switch FC
SW-5043-4045-6926
I think there's more than enough characters left out of the game - and people complaining about said characters - to counter that impression of not needing any more characters.
Sometimes I really wish we were as talented and widespread as the Isaac fanbase. Of all the characters Ultimate scorned, he probably has the best shot at getting into Smash 6. I'm not saying Lip is unpopular, but next to Isaac, she certainly seems like a literally-who.

Oh yeah--anyone who uses the stage builder in about an hour, be sure to make a Popplus stage for us in the Stage Builder and show it off here. Remember to use the Green Greens background!

Last edited:

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Sometimes I really wish we were as talented and widespread as the Isaac fanbase. Of all the characters Ultimate scorned, he probably has the best shot at getting into Smash 6. I'm not saying Lip is unpopular, but next to Isaac, she certainly seems like a literally-who.

Oh yeah--anyone who uses the stage builder in about an hour, be sure to make a Popplus stage for us in the Stage Builder and show it off here. Remember to use the Green Greens background!
It's all a matter of time. If Isaac gets in, his fans will go somewhere else.

Also, we're probably more than just the people in this thread. Otherwise we wouldn't have gotten that Mii Costume.

wimbearn

Smash Apprentice
Either Smash 6 or DLC. I'm currently drawing fan art for her.

LipFlare

Smash Cadet
Hi!

I just think "Ultimate" can stand for the fokus of the so called, "gamebalance" and the hard work to dish this out patch per patch but I may be wrong though.
.... And last but not least the "Everyone is here"-thingy, which may be an indicator for previously Playable-character inclusion, as such I guess that just limit the future Characterroster but not newcommers or would you expect a "Smash-Semi-Ultimate" (lol)? As long as DLC is rolling out I give not up on Lip nor I do if a new Smash will be announced. After Smash is before annother Smash.

Have a relaxing and good time everyone!

LipFlare

Princess_Ashley

Smash Apprentice
Except for the Sakurai Defense Force that will shoot you down for wanting a character.

Top Bottom