• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Fairy with Fighting Spirit: Lip for Smash! *Play Panel de Pon on NSO!*

N. Onymous

Smash Champion
NNID
Midnuh
Switch FC
SW-5043-4045-6926
Also if Panel de Pon were to be brought here again (with the fairies this time) would they keep the name "Panel de Pon" or go with Puzzle League? Something to discuss
I'd like for it to be Panel de Pon. Keeping the original brand name worked for Puyo Puyo, because it conveys the kind of bright, colorful style of the game in a way that "Puzzle League" just doesn't.

Jyl

Smash Journeyman
The finale.

Pay close attention to some of the music used...Also, it seems like the ending is definitely a connection to the world of light.
You liar, I truly thought it was the end. When will this ride end??

N. Onymous

Smash Champion
NNID
Midnuh
Switch FC
SW-5043-4045-6926
It makes me glad to see this Mii outfit turn up in videos and such, because it means Lip is reaching a wider audience in some form or another.

Last edited:

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
The character was Lloyd from the Tales series, not Lip. As things stand right now, there's no evidence for first or second party characters being planned for DLC. We may simply not know yet but it hasn't come up in any meaningful way with the information that's currently circulating.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
The character was Lloyd from the Tales series, not Lip. As things stand right now, there's no evidence for first or second party characters being planned for DLC. We may simply not know yet but it hasn't come up in any meaningful way with the information that's currently circulating.
How do you know the evidence of no first-party characters? What evidence brings that idea that all 5 DLC fighters will be that.

Last edited:

N. Onymous

Smash Champion
NNID
Midnuh
Switch FC
SW-5043-4045-6926
I'm not even sure if 5 DLC characters is all we're getting. We do have 30 extra character slots after all.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I'm not even sure if 5 DLC characters is all we're getting. We do have 30 extra character slots after all.
There's an idea that alternate costumes count as a full slot under that. Ones like the Koopalings, Alph, female(or male), but only one per specific kind. So Villager would have 2 slots, one for males, one for females. If I understood the point correctly.

This could mean it's more of a safety net to make a lot of this easier for alternate costumes.

Please don't throw shade outside dude; it's kinda uncalled for. I thought you were gonna leave us be.
Pretty sure he's pointing out that simply stating some known information isn't "throwing shade outside". He was tagged and asked. He answered. Though yeah, with the question answered, I'd say the DLC leak stuff is fairly off-topic.

StarDustStorm

Smash Journeyman
Didyouknowgaming mentioned the Lip reference in Paper Mario.
Its pretty clear they tried to remove any reference to Lip outside of Japan back in the day, not as much nowdays no more hidding in Ultimate especially who is not obscured like the other references such as the AC one and especially the aforementioned item and Garbage Block that has been appearing from Melee onwards

Last edited:

N. Onymous

Smash Champion
NNID
Midnuh
Switch FC
SW-5043-4045-6926
The thing is that I'm fine with changing Lip to Minh T., since she's this generic throwaway character with no real similarities besides being gardeners with the same name. Even their designs aren't remotely similar.

N. Onymous

Smash Champion
NNID
Midnuh
Switch FC
SW-5043-4045-6926
30 slots? Where did you get this?
Didn't the people who looked into the demo find 30 extra character slots?

Ultimate releases tomorrow, and with it comes our girl's international debut. I guess now is as good a time as any to reveal the mystery project I've been hinting at:

So Lip has been a costume in a lot of Nintendo games lately. High-profile ones, even. I've decided to follow in the company's footsteps and make a Lip costume myself for a fairly high-profile fan game: Make a Good Mega Man Level Contest 2. Ever wanted to jump, slide, and fight Dr. Wily as our best girl? Well, now you can, you weirdo!

Download the skin here! (version 1)

Now for the bad news: custom costumes like this one here are unlockable, so you can't do a complete playthrough as Lippy your first time through. (You can on New Game Plus, however). If you've never played MaGMML2 before, or have but don't know how to install alternate costumes, here's how to get this costume working in-game:

1. Download Make a Good Mega Man Level 2 from the link at the top of this post. If you already have the game on your PC, then skip this step, obviously.
2. Play through the game, collecting at least 100 Noble Nickels (the star-shaped collectibles hidden, or not so hidden, throughout the stages). This is a requirement for unlocking the custom costumes.
3. Once you have the right number of Noble Nickels, talk to Knight Man at the pub, Chateau Chevalresque. He will unlock custom costumes for you.
4. Create a new folder in the game's directory. Name it "Skins."
5. Save the Lip costume file to your Skins folder.
6. Go to Roll's costume shop and press up in front of the mirror.
7. On the menu that appears, select the Lip costume by pressing the jump key. Her face should appear in the box next to the menu if you've done it right.
8. Press the menu key. You can now play as Lip!

Jyl

Smash Journeyman
Didn't the people who looked into the demo find 30 extra character slots?

Ultimate releases tomorrow, and with it comes our girl's international debut. I guess now is as good a time as any to reveal the mystery project I've been hinting at:

So Lip has been a costume in a lot of Nintendo games lately. High-profile ones, even. I've decided to follow in the company's footsteps and make a Lip costume myself for a fairly high-profile fan game: Make a Good Mega Man Level Contest 2. Ever wanted to jump, slide, and fight Dr. Wily as our best girl? Well, now you can, you weirdo!

Download the skin here! (version 1)

Now for the bad news: custom costumes like this one here are unlockable, so you can't do a complete playthrough as Lippy your first time through. (You can on New Game Plus, however). If you've never played MaGMML2 before, or have but don't know how to install alternate costumes, here's how to get this costume working in-game:

1. Download Make a Good Mega Man Level 2 from the link at the top of this post. If you already have the game on your PC, then skip this step, obviously.
2. Play through the game, collecting at least 100 Noble Nickels (the star-shaped collectibles hidden, or not so hidden, throughout the stages). This is a requirement for unlocking the custom costumes.
3. Once you have the right number of Noble Nickels, talk to Knight Man at the pub, Chateau Chevalresque. He will unlock custom costumes for you.
4. Create a new folder in the game's directory. Name it "Skins."
5. Save the Lip costume file to your Skins folder.
6. Go to Roll's costume shop and press up in front of the mirror.
7. On the menu that appears, select the Lip costume by pressing the jump key. Her face should appear in the box next to the menu if you've done it right.
8. Press the menu key. You can now play as Lip!
Jesus this is amazing. Great job

Mind if I share this? Or you can post it on your blog/Twitter and I can share that instead.

N. Onymous

Smash Champion
NNID
Midnuh
Switch FC
SW-5043-4045-6926
Well, you saw it, didn't you? Persona is in Smash Bros.

I hate to say it, everyone, but I think I'm calling it here. From the looks of it, the DLC is just going to be another realistic third-party orgy (and Piranha Plant). Lip isn't happening.

Last edited:

Wurmple for smash

Smash Cadet
Switch FC
SW-3427-9374-2996
Well, you saw it, didn't yo? Persona is in Smash Bros.

I hate to say it, everyone, but I think I'm calling it here. From the looks of it, the DLC is just going to be another third-party orgy (and Piranha Plant). Lip isn't happening.
. It's just 1 character out of 5 don't lose hope just yet

N. Onymous

Smash Champion
NNID
Midnuh
Switch FC
SW-5043-4045-6926
Listen. From the sound of it, we only have five DLC characters, and the first one is a realistic human third-party character from a massively popular series. It doesn't look good.

smashkirby

Smash Hero
What's more, Reggie apparently says "This will give you an idea of how the Smash DLC is headed, adding characters/franchises you would never expect to be added to Smash", so...

N. Onymous

Smash Champion
NNID
Midnuh
Switch FC
SW-5043-4045-6926
Yep. We're inevitably going to get garbage characters like Steve or Rabbids before we ever get Lippy, or anyone decently representative of Nintendo's rich history. Too bad. Maybe next console generation, guys.

Last edited:

SchAlternate

Smash Master
NNID
SchAlternate
Switch FC
SW-4691-2422-5427
I figured there'd salt over this.

Honestly, I'm content with the roster as is, and Lip getting as much attention as she did was enough to lift my hopes for her getting more exposure in the future. Would she become DLC at this point? Doubt it, but there's always next game.

I had to wait two whole games to get Ridley, I can survive another to get Lip.

N. Onymous

Smash Champion
NNID
Midnuh
Switch FC
SW-5043-4045-6926
If we're being realistic, Lip's chances are less than zero unless Nintendo decides to make another game featuring her, and it actually gets released internationally and succeeds financially. Nintendo thinks people actively do not want Japan-only characters in Smash Bros., even Japanese players, when that's a load of horse puckey and always has been.

Last edited:

Luigifan18

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5577-0969-0868
I want you to keep in mind this was advertised as Fighter Pass 1.
Fighter Pass 1 consists of Joker, Fighter Pass 2 consists of whoever the second DLC character is, etc. They've already said as much.
Uh, no, Joker is Challenger Pack 1. The Fighter Pass is all 5 Challenger Packs. There could still be a second Fighter Pass with 5 more Challenger Packs.

N. Onymous

Smash Champion
NNID
Midnuh
Switch FC
SW-5043-4045-6926
The good news if that's true is that there's even more opportunity for Lip to be playable. The bad news if that's true...well, I think I've stepped on enough people's toes tonight.

Also, something I forgot to mention:

Jesus this is amazing. Great job

Mind if I share this? Or you can post it on your blog/Twitter and I can share that instead.
I'll probably post it on Twitter sometime soon. Tweet's up!

Last edited:

Jyl

Smash Journeyman
The good news if that's true is that there's even more opportunity for Lip to be playable. The bad news if that's true...well, I think I've stepped on enough people's toes tonight.

Also, something I forgot to mention:

I'll probably post it on Twitter sometime soon. Tweet's up!

Thanks!

I hate to say it, everyone, but I think I'm calling it here. From the looks of it, the DLC is just going to be another realistic third-party orgy (and Piranha Plant). Lip isn't happening.
Hey look on the bright side, Reggie said DLC players are unexpected, and Lip is unexpected so she has a chance!
...who am I kidding.

N. Onymous

Smash Champion
NNID
Midnuh
Switch FC
SW-5043-4045-6926
Hey look on the bright side, Reggie said DLC players are unexpected, and Lip is unexpected so she has a chance!
...who am I kidding.
She would certainly be unexpected, I'll give you that.

Jurae818

Smash Journeyman
I agree with you, N N. Onymous on Joker. Another realistic human instead of the Fairy-class Demon Jack Frost (Yes he's a fae) who's more or less the mascot of the greater Shin Megami Tensei franchise. I was expecting Banjo or even Crash. Take a bigger sigh of relief: Vergeben may have finally been put to rest. No Steve in Smash...

maybe.

N. Onymous

Smash Champion
NNID
Midnuh
Switch FC
SW-5043-4045-6926
I still have a tiny sliver of hope for Lippy and I'm not giving it up, especially considering we seem to have confirmation there will be multiple fighter packs and therefore more than 5 DLC fighters. We'll see how the rest of it plays out.

Princess_Ashley

Smash Apprentice

I know exactly how you feel. I am very disappointed in Nintendo.

but there's always next game.
Yeah, which could take like 6 years... and if it doesn't happen again? I guess another decade of wait is nothing right?...

Truth is, I could die before Lip is in Smash.

Top Bottom