The Fairy with Fighting Spirit: Lip for Smash! **PETITION AVAILABLE - CHECK FIRST POST!**

DOTBHDD

Smash Journeyman
I have to admit, the idea of Lip one day joining Smash as a retro rep has me excited. With Animal Crossing Puzzle League then the Mii Costume and now an official Panel de Pon version coming to America... idk. I'm just really happy about it all.

Here's hoping for more positive vibes for Lip in the future.

Panel de Pon is getting an official English release for the first time on Switch Online, giving Lip her first actual non Smash appearance outside of Japan!

To think, we finally live in a world where Lip is finally seen in her original form OUTSIDE of Japan! Yeah, PdP isn't translated, but neither is Super Puyo 2. I'll take what I can get here, personally.

In fact, I'm pretty sure that this puts her on the level of Takamaru, whose game came out worldwide after the release of Smash 3DS/Wii U. What's more, at least Lip isn't an AT currently (No hate towards my Takamaru stans, of course).

For as much as I love Puyo Puyo, I just PRAY Arle Nadja hasn't stolen Lip's thunder or something.

I signed back into my Smashboards account for the first time in a while just so I could post about this, but it seems I've been ninja'd a few times over. Whoops!

I'm still not 100% convinced I'm not asleep right now. I feel like I'm about to read Scooby-Doo has been confirmed for Smash Ultimate DLC and then wake myself up. Now that Panel de Pon has finally escaped into international territories, the last remaining excuse for Lip to not be playable in Smash is gone. Dust. This is the happiest I've felt in a long time.

Edit: Also reading the salt in the YouTube comments is incredibly satisfying.
I was REALLY hoping you heard this news!

~ Valkyrie ~

Above You!
Premium
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
NNID
IndyGo98
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483

The fact that Nintendo couldn't most likely released Tetris Attack due the trademark on Tetris-name today is making this all the more poetic in it's most ironic way possible.

Anyway... can we say yatta?

Last edited:
Yoooooo it actually happened! Panel de Pon is now a global franchise! This is great, this is so great. I'm not gonna go there and say she's a lock or anything, but this gives her shot at being a retro rep down the line a huge boost!

Also, not sayin' I'm a leaker, but...
Never say never, maybe as one of the SNES games for NSO subscribers.

~ Valkyrie ~

Above You!
Premium
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
NNID
IndyGo98
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
What do you know... :eek:

Here comes an unexpected blessing from Bill Trinen himself!

Looks like this might have been more about our wishes being finally heard!!

Last edited:
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Finally! Panel de Pon goes international! Lip is no longer obscure.

Maybe she and Takamaru could get in the next Smash as the new retro reps.

Nintendo is running out of popular international retro characters :ulticeclimbers::ultgnw::ultpit::ultrob::ultlittlemac::ultduckhunt: so the next best thing are popular Japan-only retro characters that went international.
Besides Lip there is still Mach Rider, Ayumi Tachibana, Wart we are far from running out of Retro characters.

~ Valkyrie ~

Above You!
Premium
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
NNID
IndyGo98
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Well boys and girls, we did it. Tetris Attack is no more.
I probably feel you didn't mean it in that sense, but thinking about how Nintendo not apparently going their way to get acquire rights of Tetris-trademark to release Tetris it again must had been the major reason PdP's seeing the international light of the day....

I guess you can really say it is no more, being now trapped into the awkward purgatory of trademark jumble.

Guess it's time for Yoshi and his friends to share the pain of their most successful puzzle game getting banished like how they did to the fairies more than 20 years ago. :demon:

DOTBHDD

Smash Journeyman
What do you know... :eek:

Here comes an unexpected blessing from Bill Trinen himself!

Looks like this might have been more about our wishes being finally heard!!

This is so nice to see. On top of that, Panel de Pon was the most talked about from that list.

Hopefully the buzz she got has showed Nintendo that people still love Puzzle League and Lip and want to see both return in the future.

As for Smash, I have to practice my Mii Swordfighter to keep the Lip hype going. This is pretty big.

Top Bottom