• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Fairy with Fighting Spirit: Lip for Smash! *Play Panel de Pon on NSO!*

RouffWestie

Smash Lord
Starting today I am no longer a Lip supporter nor Panel de Pon supporter.
I can't advocate for the restoration of the original characters and world when the very people who made them are openly content with them being simply erased.
I feel I've learned over the past few years that supporting a franchise is more complex than I had first thought. I've decided that even though Panel de Pon inspires me in many ways, I can't call myself an honest supporter of it.
I wish the rest of you supporters good luck.

PsychoJosh

Banned via Administration
Well, they announced a Season 2, so the horror won't end any time soon.

Sakurai said there may never be a chance to unite this many universes again so hopefully he realizes that first party characters like Lip and F-Type need to appear too.

PsychoJosh

Yes, I'm happy Stunt Race FX is on Switch Online and I hope Panel de Pon comes out on it as well.

I mean there's a multitude of reasons why they should release PDP over Tetris Attack. It'd introduce the west to the fairies, it'd be easier than trying to get the Tetris name back for a game that isn't even related to it, and it would help garner interest in potential reboots.

N. Onymous

Smash Champion
NNID
Midnuh
Switch FC
SW-5043-4045-6926
Starting today I am no longer a Lip supporter nor Panel de Pon supporter.
Yeah no I'm calling BS. Weren't you already "no longer a Lip supporter" months ago? You're just doing this for attention at this point.

smashkirby

Smash Hero
Let's not forget that Sakurai even gave us a Lip outfit for the Mii Swordfighter. I personally took that as a sign that Sakurai wanted to throw us PdP fans a bone and/or Lip did better on the Smash Ballot than we thought.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Here is to hoping we get the OG Panel De Pon on Nintendo Online

Too bad the news of no more monthly releases somewhat killed my hype, but as long as the releases are not too slow and we get PdP.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Let's not forget that Sakurai even gave us a Lip outfit for the Mii Swordfighter. I personally took that as a sign that Sakurai wanted to throw us PdP fans a bone and/or Lip did better on the Smash Ballot than we thought.
Yeah i can assume that as an Identity theft crisis which in my opinion causes the Mii Swordsman to get the most hate out of the 3 Miis (Mii Mage should be a newcomer for the Mii series for future titles)
Here is to hoping we get the OG Panel De Pon on Nintendo Online. Too bad the news of no more monthly releases somewhat killed my hype, but as long as the releases are not too slow and we get PdP.
And again, it will be a BIG HIT if Lip is announced to a Fighter Status at the same time (Extra if a Switch title for PdP is announced and Double that if they announce a Wii version for those who still own a Wii since the Wii isn't dead yet!)
Yes, I'm happy Stunt Race FX is on Switch Online and I hope Panel de Pon comes out on it as well.

I mean there's a multitude of reasons why they should release PDP over Tetris Attack. It'd introduce the west to the fairies, it'd be easier than trying to get the Tetris name back for a game that isn't even related to it, and it would help garner interest in potential reboots.
And i agree big time.

N. Onymous

Smash Champion
NNID
Midnuh
Switch FC
SW-5043-4045-6926
The WIi is dead, though, and has been for years (outside of Just Dance).

D

Deleted member

Let's keep going with this, shall we? There is still hope for our fairy girl! Who knows, one of the extra DLC fighters after the Fighter Pass could be Lip! Guys? What is wrong? You are all seem too busy to discuss?
The WIi is dead, though, and has been for years (outside of Just Dance).
I know, just saying. Hey, i haven't heard of any activities in this thread? Are you having a BAD TIME?

Last edited by a moderator:

Sunredo

Smash Apprentice
Sign me up. PdP would be a much better rep of Nintendo Puzzle games than Dr. Mario imo.

N. Onymous

Smash Champion
NNID
Midnuh
Switch FC
SW-5043-4045-6926
I think it's only you and I left, and I don't really have anything to say.
I still check up on the thread every now and then. I don't think most people are hopeful for anything other than third-party DLC characters, though.

D

Deleted member

I still check up on the thread every now and then. I don't think most people are hopeful for anything other than third-party DLC characters, though.
I'm still hopeful for First Party DLC Fighters, regardless (Except Assist trophies)

shammah121

Smash Cadet
Hey y’all it’s been a while! Been busy with school and such and decided to check in!

my support for Lip is still strong and I think a cool idea for the future DLC packs is to add very popular/highly requested characters with not as popular but full of potential characters (or even echoes). With this in mind new characters won’t get a stage and probably won’t get music tracks.
Lemme just paint a picture: DLC Pack #1: Geno and Lip. DLC Pack #2 Sora and Mach Rider. Wouldn’t that be interesting?

also I feel this new Fighters pass will have more support for 1st and 2nd party characters. 3rd party characters are great, don’t get me wrong———but Nintendo on its own has so many colorful characters with hella potential!

D

Deleted member

Hey y’all it’s been a while! Been busy with school and such and decided to check in!

my support for Lip is still strong and I think a cool idea for the future DLC packs is to add very popular/highly requested characters with not as popular but full of potential characters (or even echoes). With this in mind new characters won’t get a stage and probably won’t get music tracks.
Lemme just paint a picture: DLC Pack #1: Geno and Lip. DLC Pack #2 Sora and Mach Rider. Wouldn’t that be interesting?

also I feel this new Fighters pass will have more support for 1st and 2nd party characters. 3rd party characters are great, don’t get me wrong———but Nintendo on its own has so many colorful characters with hella potential!
Good idea, but there is somehing i fear about. The presence of Ultraviolent Gaming characters from American games like Mortal Kombat and Grand Theft Auto, and these kinds of games should be avoided from invading Smash Bros.

Crap-Zapper

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3540-1100-9470
Don't know if this was posted or not, but it's at least quite interesting to read Panel De Pon on this list, as it's all that matters to me.

There was a problem fetching the tweet

Isaac: Venus Adept

Smash Lord
Don't know if this was posted or not, but it's at least quite interesting to read Panel De Pon on this list, as it's all that matters to me.

There was a problem fetching the tweet
That tweet was a misunderstanding, he translated what one of the comments from a Japanese website said not the official quote

D

Deleted member

You guys have your own petition? That's sweet! But feel free to sign this petition as well. It's designed not just for you guys, but for all female DLC candidates!

This will help your character's chances for sure!

http://chng.it/LWFtjZjMp5

ZRoy

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
0731-4868-5857
I want to be added to the list please! I absolutely LOVE Tetris Attack and it's one of my favorite games of all time. I'm always sad that the series hasn't been revived in some way because it would absolutely make a killing today. It's such a fun puzzle game, multiplayer especially ofc. I'm glad Lip has some sort of representation in Smash, so the series is still mentioned here and there. I would love for her to be in Smash. It would in turn lead to more awareness of the Puzzle League series and maybe bring it back. That'd be so dope.

N. Onymous

Smash Champion
NNID
Midnuh
Switch FC
SW-5043-4045-6926
I want to be added to the list please! I absolutely LOVE Tetris Attack and it's one of my favorite games of all time. I'm always sad that the series hasn't been revived in some way because it would absolutely make a killing today. It's such a fun puzzle game, multiplayer especially ofc. I'm glad Lip has some sort of representation in Smash, so the series is still mentioned here and there. I would love for her to be in Smash. It would in turn lead to more awareness of the Puzzle League series and maybe bring it back. That'd be so dope.
Late reply, sure, but I agree wholeheartedly. Panel de Pon is such a fun and unique game it's a crime it's gone so unrecognized for so long. Even Nintendo barely seems to remember it exists anymore. Hopefully it'll be released on NSO soon and that'll all change. Puyo Puyo 2 can't be alone forever.

D

Deleted member

Late reply, sure, but I agree wholeheartedly. Panel de Pon is such a fun and unique game it's a crime it's gone so unrecognized for so long. Even Nintendo barely seems to remember it exists anymore. Hopefully it'll be released on NSO soon and that'll all change. Puyo Puyo 2 can't be alone forever.
And it would be greater with an Official HD Title on the Switch! And Lip in Smash to fight of course.

N. Onymous

Smash Champion
NNID
Midnuh
Switch FC
SW-5043-4045-6926
If I still had a GameFAQs account, you bet I'd vote... but I don't. *shrug*

They seemed to be pretty hostile to the idea of Lip being in Smash entirely because she's a "loli", anyway, at least the last time I checked. (Granted, this was around the time of Brawl's release.)

DOTBHDD

Smash Journeyman
They seem more open to Lip than they previously were. In fact, she's a top contender for a potential retro rep and the 2nd biggest contender for a puzzle rep (behind Arle).

D

Deleted member

They seem more open to Lip than they previously were. In fact, she's a top contender for a potential retro rep and the 2nd biggest contender for a puzzle rep (behind Arle).
She should be. Both Arle and Lip deserve to be in Smash moreso than Steve of Minecraft or Fortnite Guy....

DOTBHDD

Smash Journeyman
She should be. Both Arle and Lip deserve to be in Smash moreso than Steve of Minecraft or Fortnite Guy....
Yeah. The biggest issue is that she has a spirit. But even if they were going for a retro rep then I can definitely see her as a probable contender.

D

Deleted member

Yeah. The biggest issue is that she has a spirit. But even if they were going for a retro rep then I can definitely see her as a probable contender.
(Tries to hold away from crying...) Being a Spirit should not matter..... Sakurai can just remove the spirit entirely when Lip is announced, and replace the once a Support Spirit into a Fighter Spirit, and the battle in World of Light can be changed into a Fighter Battle....

(But i stayed DETERMINED) Anything is possible unless you give up.... and i say Lip deserves the Fighter Spotlight as much as... NO.... I take that back.... MORE THAN SORA or STEVE or GOD FORBID EVEN GOKU, DOOMGUY, SCORPION, AND FORTNITE GUY!!

DOTBHDD

Smash Journeyman
I wish there were more vocal fans. Smash request are echo chambers of character suggestions but it's hard to echo Lip if it's only a handful of people saying her name.

That said, I am trying to slip her into conversations more. Even if not in a serious setting. As long as her name carries relevance.

DOTBHDD

Smash Journeyman
I'm hoping that the next batch of DLC characters are 1st party. That way we can pray Lip gets in as a puzzle rep

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
I'm hoping that the next batch of DLC characters are 1st party. That way we can pray Lip gets in as a puzzle rep
I'm hoping for first parties in general, but Lip wouldn't be that bad of a choice. I support Lip for DLC.

PsychoJosh

Posting here for good luck on Thursday.

I'm never turning my back on Lip. I've wanted her since Brawl.

Top Bottom