• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Evil Metal Decoy Metal Sonic Deactivated... [confirmed spirit] or is he now?

Medal sonic for smash??

• O ya!!

Votes: 11 91.7%
  • Nah brah

Votes: 1 8.3%

• Total voters
D

Deleted member

SFR_Metal_Sonic.png
They could go two ways with this concept the independent route or the echo route the movesets are assuming they go the independent route he could shoot missiles hover be heavier and slower than Sonic shoot lasers explode the possibilitys are endless Sonic Generations Metal Sonic is the Metal Sonic they should take the moveset from.

Moveset potential
3ds controls because I do not have a switch yet
B Missle Fury a party of Missiles homes in on the opponent
B custom 1 Power Missiles 3 Missiles slowly move forward it is a guaranteed KO but that is if you can actually get it to hit....
Side B spin dash like Sonics but slower and stuns the opponent for a sec
Side B custom 1 laser spin dash extremely powerful but if it touches anything while using this move he wiil get stunned
°Jab a jab with a robotic sound

°Up Smash a blue slash of fire

°Up throw Down throw Forward throw Back throw the same as Sonic's but up throw has a small explosion effect

°Up B Electro boost a electrical version of fox and Falcos
recovery

°A gimmick Metal Sonic has a electricity meter the more that is in the meter the faster and more powerful he is and that plays into his Down B electric surge It does 5 to 6% and has little kockback but it fills up you meter to 50% the first time use it and cuts that in half every time he uses it getting KOs fill it up by 20% and his final smash is he sends a huge shock of electricity killing at 40% and fills his meter to 100% using B Up B and Side B takes 3% and other moves not down b and jab use .3% of the meter.

°Forward Smash a fast short range missile

°Down smash Punches the ground and emits a electric pulse

°Down Air Same as Sonic

°Back Air he flips backwards and kicks an angled kick [Can Meter Smash]

°Forward Air a simple kick

°Neutral Air Same as Sonic

°Up tilt a Kick upwards

°Down tilt same as Sonic

°Forward tilt an upper cut

°Grab a simple grab

°Customs!!!!

°Side B custom 1 laser spin dash extremely powerful but if it touches anything while using this move he wiil get stunned

°Up B custom 1 Electro Reserve uses less electricity by half [1.5 of the meter] but does not go as far and is harder to maneuver

°B custom 1 Power Missiles 3 Missiles slowly move forward it is a guaranteed KO but that is if you can actually get it to hit....

°Down B custom 1 Electric shock does 13 to 16 damage with slightly better knock-back but has less range and starts at filling the meter by 33.3

Last edited by a moderator:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Was there really no Metal Sonic thread before,

Bleh

I'd rather have Metal Sonic as an Echo than Shadow.

100% because of bias. Metal Sonic is one of my top favorite characters in the Sonic series.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Please add more to your opening post. Picture(s) of the character, why they should be in Smash, moveset(s), etc.

Runic_SSB

Smash Ace
NNID
Runic_SSB
Sure, I'm down. I think Metal Sonic could make a great character, and although I'd want Eggman more, I'd love to see another Sonic character (so long as it isn't Tails or Amy).

D

Deleted member

Any one have any move set possibilitys that involve explosions or lasers[ because metal Sonic's just that cool]

D

Deleted member

Moveset possiblity update jab a jab with a robotic sound up smash a blue slash of fire up throw down throw side throw the same as Sonic's but up throw has a small explosion effect up b a electrical version of fox and Falcos recovery

A gimmick Metal Sonic has a electricity meter the more that is in the meter the faster and more powerful he is and that plays into his down b electric surge It does 5 to 6% and has little kockback but it fills up you meter to 50% the first time use it and cuts that in half every time he uses it getting KOs fill it up by 20% and his final smash is he sends a huge shock of electricity killing at 40% and fills his meter to 100% using b up b and side b takes 3% and other moves not down b and jab use .3% of the meter.

verysleepywolf

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3153-5879-7280
I'm one the peeps that would welcome Tails and Knuckles with open arms. I'd never play as mech Eggman, but he could be pretty dope too.

But Metal Sonic is a natural fit as a Sonic clone with adjusted stats but identical abilities. This is the point of the character. Contrast with Shadow, who has flame shoes / chaos abilities / firearms that Sonic does not have. Shadow is semi-clone material and an echo would be insulting. I am more of a Genesis herald myself and not a fan of 3D Sonic, but a huge exception is made for SA2 because of how great it is, and Shadow is a great character in that game. So it would be unfortunate to see his moveset potential wasted and become just a cheap shoe-in. Metal Sonic, however, is perfect for the role of echo and is an even more classic rival than Shadow, also meeting villain criteria unlike Knuckles. He is a rather dark character himself in his inexpressiveness and only making harsh metallic sounds. A fully realized Metal Sonic echo fighter would make me very happy.

SEGAGameBoy

Smash Journeyman
Metal Sonic is definitely one of my favorite Sonic characters. I'm planning on getting Sonic Forces for my PS4. I support!

Last edited:

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
I think he'd make a good alt.

Not much else to say, I feel if we were to ever get another Sonic character than Shadow is the way to go.

D

Deleted member

New Moves!!

°Down B custom 1 Electric shock does 13 to 16 damage with slightly better knock-back but has less range and starts at filling the meter by 33.3

°Up B custom 1 Electro Reserve uses less electricity by half [1.5 of the meter] but does not go as far and is harder to maneuver

And major quality and organization updates to the op

Jeanne

Smash Apprentice
Metal Sonic over Shadow in any circumstance unless the circumstance is "Which Character is worse?" I support Metal Sonic's inclusion 100% !

D

Deleted member

Metal Sonic over Shadow in any circumstance unless the circumstance is "Which Character is worse?" I support Metal Sonic's inclusion 100% !
Awesome!!! Thanks for supporting!!!

D

Deleted member

Moveset update all of the Airs

°Down Air Same as Sonic

°Back Air he flips backwards and kicks an angled kick [Can Meter Smash]

°Forward Air a simple kick

°Neutral Air Same as Sonic

D

Deleted member

Completing the moveset

°Up tilt a Kick upwards

°Down tilt same as Sonic

°Forward tilt an upper cut

°Grab a simple grab

Wonks

Smash Journeyman
I think we need another Sonic rep. My dream would be for Tails or Knuckles, however, with Knuckles being an AT, that seems unlikely. I would even be fine with Shadow, however, he is an AT, too. While Tails could theoretically function as a Sonic clone, I can't see him getting in because:
> I think the only Sonic rep. we get will be an Echo.
> Tails would function better as a clone (like Isabelle) and not a true Echo.
> Hence: Tails will not be in

That leaves Metal Sonic. We've seen him function as a non-Smash Echo/skin in Sonic Adventure DX, Sonic racing titles, and others. His whole existence is predicated on being a copy of Sonic.

It would take very little work to have him function as a Sonic Echo in Ultimate. Like Dark Samus, he would float instead of running. He'd hit harder, but have more drop/fall speed.

He could have some neat, colored-chrom alts. such as red like in his Chaotix form, all grey/silver for Silver Sonic, dark blue for Me Ha Sonic, black/yellow for Metal Sonic 3.0 (or they could represent other badniks).

The official Sonic Twitter is posting random and sporadic pictures of Metal lackadaisically trying to get into shape with various dates circled on his calendar. ...Just what is he training for?

Attachments

Last edited:

MrElectroG64

Smash Journeyman
Hey guys, I’m really interested in the idea of both Dr. Eggman and Metal Sonic being in the game, so I went ahead and made a moveset for them as a combined fighter! I designed it in a way that allowed for both to function as their own individual fighter as a separate idea, though the main one is to be a sort of Pokemon-Trainer-like fighter.

Apologies for the typos and other errors, I make these on my phone in my down time lol. Feel free to use it in the OP if you’d like!

Attachments

Top Bottom