• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The End Is Nair - Smash64 Tournament Series | San Francisco, CA

duncs

Smash Apprentice
THE END IS NAIR #1 - Super Smash Bros. (N64) Tournament

Showdown eSport's FIRST STREAM and second instillation of Super Smash Bros. 64, part of our "Wednesday Medley" of games we stream from Wednesday ‪#‎SFGameNight‬. Games rotate each week, some games see a return after 4-8 weeks, expect to see SSB64 again.

*** Note: There is a 32-player cap, no pre-registration, sign up in-person at the event.

Tournament:
Game - Super Smash Bros.
Tournament - The End is Nair #1
Watch Online - twitch.tv/showdowngg
Sign-ups Begin - 7:30 PM, 32-player cap
Tournament Start - 8:00 PM
Entry - $5
Prize - 1st 60% / 2nd 40% / 3rd and 4th get money back

Sign-ups: 7:30pm [SHARP!]
Tournament begins: 8:00pm [SHARP!]

Singles:
•5 Stock
•Double-elimination (Winner's/Loser's brackets)
•No Items
•Stages: Dreamland (automatic set-opening map) [to save time] with counter-picks of Peach's Castle, Congo Jungle, Hyrule, and Dreamland available. Any map is open to be played on if the two contestants agree to it before the map.
•Time limit: Don't really think it's super essential to set a time limit at this juncture but if it starts to cause a time constraint issue, we'll call it 8 minutes.
Tournament fee: 5$ *PLEASE NOTE: THIS IS SEPARATE FROM THE VENUE FEE*

Details:
When - Wednesday October 28th
Where - Folsom Street Foundry
Address - 1425 Folsom St, San Francisco, CA 94103
Time - 6:00 PM to 11:59 PM
Age Limit: 21+
Venue Fee - $5
Parking - Free street parking after 6:00 PM

https://www.facebook.com/events/484142258435033/

Last edited:

bowl

Smash Cadet
I'll be in san jose from the 7th to the 20th so if there is another 64 tourney i can probably show up

duncs

Smash Apprentice
facebook link: https://www.facebook.com/events/369553343251334/

updated info for the tournament:

In partnership with Showdown eSports, #SFGameNight and I wanted to host a Smash64 tournament while the Pokemon Stadium is being restored, and Cinco De Mayo fit the bill for the kind of atmosphere we wanna produce.

Expecting close to 20 contestants, I feel as though a 3$ tournament fee* is fair to get a decent pot of cash for the top 2 players to make it worth their time and hopefully get a chance to meet other Bay Area Smash 64 players of whom they wouldn't normally.
(*Please note this is separate from the 5$ cover charge of SFGameNight which is paid upon entry to the Foundry.)

Tournament Rules:
Sign-up: 7:45pm
Tournament begins: 8:00pm

Singles:
•5 Stock
•No Items
•Stages: Dreamland (automatic set-opening map) [to save time] with counter-picks of Peach's Castle, Congo Jungle, Hyrule, and Dreamland available. Any map is open to be played on if the two contestants agree to it before the map.
•Time limit: Don't really think it's super essential to set a time limit at this juncture but if it starts to cause a time constraint issue, we'll call it 10 minutes.
Tournament fee: 3$

Doubles (!Time/Space permitting!):
•Single-elimination
•Team-Attack: ON
•No items
2$

Venue:
Folsom Street Foundry
1425 Folsom St. San Francisco, CA 94103
Open from: 6pm-12am
5$ Entry fee

Thanks again to Showdown eSports for their commitment to being the number 1 e-sports barcade event night in San Francisco for over the last year! Can't wait to meet some new players and have a good time.

Last edited:

Kimimaru

Smash Ace
I must've overlooked this thread earlier. Here are the results from this tournament: http://showdowngg.challonge.com/smash64

The event was well run and it ended up with around 20 entrants. Although there were only 3 setups, they made sure that people didn't play friendlies while matches were coming up, and they called matches on time. They were also very accommodating since I entered both Melee and 64. They expressed interest in hosting more of these in the future.

Overall a fun tournament; I encourage more people to come out to the next one!

Last edited:

duncs

Smash Apprentice
The Foundry is amazing. Everyone should go.
yeah it's pretty cool, i've been going there for around the last year and a half since they opened and its always a great time. didn't know youd been through that man? how long back was that?

Will they have more 64 events?
definitely looking to host another. will release details upon further discussion with the showdown group. hoping so!

I must've overlooked this thread earlier. Here are the results from this tournament: http://showdowngg.challonge.com/smash64

The event was well run and it ended up with around 20 entrants. Although there were only 3 setups, they made sure that people didn't play friendlies while matches were coming up, and they called matches on time. They were also very accommodating since I entered both Melee and 64. They expressed interest in hosting more of these in the future.

Overall a fun tournament; I encourage more people to come out to the next one!
First off congratulations man! had a great time playing with you. hope to see you around the 64 console on tues/thurs more!

the showdown group really helped a lot with the TOing the day off and i really appreciate all the contestants being through and making sure they were around for their matches and it was a good turnout! i think we will have to cap it at 24 considering limited set ups as you mentioned and 20 almost pushed us over time after we finally got rolling at 8:15 thereabouts. cheers for the feed back.

tl:dr thanks everyone, ill update more on the next as soon as i get more info!

Last edited:

duncs

Smash Apprentice
I went to Getting Smashed at the Foundry #8 and #9, in July 2014. This was before it got really big though.
thats wicked man, same here, been there since the soft opening back in february '14. been cool to watch their progression

ballin4life

Smash Hero
Damn no one told me about this tournament. Maybe I'll go to the next. Super rusty / terrible but still would be fun. I should go to the normal nights at the Foundry more too.

Last edited:

LAS | Wookiee

Smash Uurr Ahhrr Uhrrrr Ahhrrrr Aaaaaargh
Damn no one told me about this tournament. Maybe I'll go to the next. Super rusty / terrible but still would be fun. I should go to the normal nights at the Foundry more too.
when I come back up north we should for sure play. Im in socal right now, also if you didnt hear we are hosting a huge ass tournament this Saturday. Id for sure come play you at the foundry

duncs

Smash Apprentice
i told dave to let you know we were having one, the lazy POS haha.

and yeah man, you should. the bar is being raised every week by more and more talented players- it's great.

duncs

Smash Apprentice
try to come through this week ballin, they're now open wednesdays too. have a buddy in town from florida it think you both played when he was here last time? anyway, come if possible man!

bowl

Smash Cadet
ill be in town on the 15th/16th looking to play at the foundry

Last edited:

malva00

Smash Master
I will be sleeping in SF October 19-24.

Seems like a good time to go to this place if other people are willing to go to play SSB.

stylisland

Smash Apprentice
I'll be in SF from the 12th - 27th if anyone wants to play some smash

duncs

Smash Apprentice
ill be in town on the 15th/16th looking to play at the foundry
word man, stylisland is staying here with me in SF and we'll be going Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday for the next two weeks. it'll be a good time come through.

I will be sleeping in SF October 19-24.

Seems like a good time to go to this place if other people are willing to go to play SSB.
awesome man! look forward to meeting and playing with you!

Multiball

Smash Rookie
So I was trying to talk this up at the event itself: I think we should try to make Wednesday the Smash 64 day at the venue.

The place is packed on Tuesday for Melee, and on Thursday for Sm4sh; Wednesday is currently sort of dead. This makes Wednesday a good time to try to get in and make a strong showing for 64, because there will be less competition for setups. If we can get the scene growing and introduce a good environment for playing and leveling up, I think we could take root in the yet-unclaimed Wednesday slot.

I think a first reasonable goal to set would be a semi-regular monthly tournament. It'd be hip if we could lay the foundations for that in the next 3-4 months.

duncs

Smash Apprentice
so the official word is that we're going to have a tourney on the 28th of this month (Wednesday)

ill make a fb event page and also edit the original tourney post I did back in May
eyes posted

Multiball

Smash Rookie
May this be the first of many. With any luck, we can have the next one less than half a year after this one. And then, slowly but surely, it becomes a monthly, and then...?
At the very least, it's a chance to improve my 0-4 tournament record. I hope I manage not to get totally bodied in early rounds. The first step on the road to Genesis!

What's the word on doubles? I imagine that we'd be packed enough with just a singles bracket.

T Brett

Smash Journeyman
There are so many norcal people already signed up for gen3sis, you guys should be able to attract a decent crowd!
Good luck

duncs

Smash Apprentice
May this be the first of many. With any luck, we can have the next one less than half a year after this one. And then, slowly but surely, it becomes a monthly, and then...?
At the very least, it's a chance to improve my 0-4 tournament record. I hope I manage not to get totally bodied in early rounds. The first step on the road to Genesis!

What's the word on doubles? I imagine that we'd be packed enough with just a singles bracket.
to quote the great Tommy Wiseau, "that's the idea, Denny!"

but yes, we are looking to really start to make something happen with this one -especially if it's a worth-while success. I probably won't be the first to tell you, but, I've been working to keep the scene alive there since the inception of #SFGameNight at the Foundry. it's been my baby for nearly 2 years, and I couldn't be more excited at how it's growing up. *teary-eyed*

duncs

Smash Apprentice
updated the info up top as to the newest tournament at the Foundry next week

thanks for everyone's patience on this - it's been a long time coming!

Last edited:

caneut

Smash Ace
S Sensei ill be in Las Vegas next month for a weekend. I don't know if ill have time to play but maybe some old-school 06kaillera smash?

duncs

Smash Apprentice
the official facebook page for the event can be found here:

I will be editing the OP tonight with offical rules, as well as a ruleset on the fb event page, but fairly standard.

200% items v. high hyrule only YOU KNOW THE CLASSIC STUFF

looking forward to seeing you all there

*also* big shout out to the LASmash crew for making the trip up to compete

LAS | Wookiee

Smash Uurr Ahhrr Uhrrrr Ahhrrrr Aaaaaargh
the official facebook page for the event can be found here:

I will be editing the OP tonight with offical rules, as well as a ruleset on the fb event page, but fairly standard.

200% items v. high hyrule only YOU KNOW THE CLASSIC STUFF

looking forward to seeing you all there

*also* big shout out to the LASmash crew for making the trip up to compete
The fishing Rod controller is ready

duncs

Smash Apprentice
congrats to heropie Wookie Soto and tigerbombz for taking top 4 and really giving us a good show.

see you all again soon

duncs

Smash Apprentice
THE END IS NAIR #2 - Super Smash Bros. (N64) Tournament

Showdown eSport's streamed tournament of Super Smash Bros. 64, part of our "Wednesday Medley" of streamed games from Wednesday's ‪#‎SFGameNight‬. Games rotate each week, some games see a return after 4-8 weeks, expect to see SSB64 again.

*** Note: There is a 32-player cap, no pre-registration, sign up in-person at the event.

Tournament:
Game - Super Smash Bros.
Tournament - The End is Nair #2
Watch Online - twitch.tv/showdowngg
Sign-ups Begin - 7:30 PM, 32-player cap
Tournament Start - 8:00 PM
Entry - $5
Prize - Top 3 pay out 60/30/10%

Sign-ups: 7:30pm [SHARP!]
Tournament begins: 8:00pm [SHARP!]

Singles:
•5 Stock
•No Items
•Stages: Dreamland (automatic set-opening map) [to save time] with counter-picks of Peach's Castle, Congo Jungle, and Dreamland available. Any map is open to be played on if the two contestants agree to it before the map.
•Time limit: Don't really think it's super essential to set a time limit at this juncture but if it starts to cause a time constraint issue, we'll call it 8 minutes.
Tournament fee: 5$ *PLEASE NOTE: THIS IS SEPARATE FROM THE VENUE FEE*

Details:
When - Wednesday January 6th
Where - Folsom Street Foundry
Address - 1425 Folsom St, San Francisco, CA 94103
Time - 6:00 PM to 11:59 PM
Age Limit: 21+
Venue Fee - $5
Parking - Free street parking after 6:00 PM

https://www.facebook.com/events/789907954443569/

Last edited:
Top Bottom