• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Empire of Magitek Knights - Imperial (Etrian Odyssey) Support Thread

Technomage

Smash Champion
Note: This support thread, especially its intro comment, is currently a work-in-progress. I also don't know how to submit a support thread to a moderator to get it approved.

The Imperial is a class from the dungeon-crawling JRPG series Etrian Odyssey; a class that unleashes ludicrously powerful attacks using a vibrating, engine-powered sword called a Drive Blade, the most notable weapon in the Etrian Odyssey games.

What kind of playstyle could the Imperial bring (besides using a sword, for those that are tired of sword users)? Well, probably one where the Imperial unleashes slow, but highly-damaging strikes that take a while to be used consecutively. Here's the moveset I came up with for it:

Attributes:

• Heavyweight
  • Slow move speed
  • Low jump height
  • High falling speed
  • Strong attack power
  • Disjointed hitboxes
  • Drive attacks deal a high amount of damage and knockback

Special Attributes:

• Overheat Meter:
    • Fills up whenever you use a "Drive" attack (excluding Overdrive), and cannot use those attacks unless its empty
    • Trying to use a Smash Attack while overheated instead causes you to perform its respective Tilt counterpart
    • Naturally lowers by itself every second, but can be lowered further by certain moves
    • Sword attacks deal more damage while overheated
    • Uses some moves from other classes that use regular swords, since Drive Blades can use those moves, too

Moveset:

• Neutral Special:
    • Frost Edge
    • A stronger, slower version of Pyra's Flame Nova (but spins around swinging the sword physically instead of telekinetically), but with an ice element instead of a fire element
    • Fills the Overheat Meter depending on how long it's been held
    • Cannot be used while overheated
  • Side Special:
    • Shock Drive
    • A stronger, slower version of Ike's Quick Draw, but with an electric element to it
    • While Overheated, uses Charge Edge, a weaker version of the Drive attack with no electric element
  • Up Special:
    • Flame Drive
    • A stronger, slower version of Cloud's Climhazzard, but with a fire element to it; also, the second hit has more range due to fire explosion that generates upon hitting the ground
    • Fills the Overheat Meter, filling it even more if the second part of the attack is performed
    • While Overheated, uses Massive Edge, a weaker version of the Drive attack with no fire element; also, the second hit instead generates a shockwave, upon hitting the ground, that deals typeless damage
  • Down Special:
    • Accel Drive
    • An aerial slamming move similar to the likes of Bowser's Bowser Bomb, Yoshi's Yoshi Bomb, and Mii Brawler's Head-On Assault, but even stronger with its hit having more range upon hitting the ground due to the light explosion it generates
    • Fills the Overheat Meter
    • Cannot be used while overheated
  • Final Smash:
    • Overdrive
    • The Imperial slams its Drive Blade onto the ground, and then many powerful red lasers erupt from the ground, damaging any opponents in their path.
  • Neutral Attack:
    • Sharp/Cool Edge
    • A two-hit jab; the first being Sharp Edge, the second being Cool Edge
    • Both hits reduce Overheat status when they hit an enemy (with Cool Edge offering a slightly higher reduction)
  • Forward Tilt:
    • Double Strike
    • Two sword slashes
    • A two-hit move similar to Snake's Forward Tilt
    • Normally used by the Landsknecht class in EO 4, but can be used by Imperials if they have the Landsknecht as their subclass
  • Up Tilt:
    • Basically Ike's Up Tilt
  • Down Tilt:
    • Trip Edge
    • Low sword swing in front of user
  • Dash Attack:
    • Sonic Raid
    • A typical dashing sword attack
    • Normally used by the Landsknecht class in EO 4, but can be used by Imperials if they have the Landsknecht as their subclass
  • Forward/Up/Down Smash:
    • Assault Drive
    • Basically like the Smash attacks used by Ike and Ganondorf, but slower and stronger, with more range
  • Neutral Air:
    • Spiral Slice
    • Similar to Cloud's Neutral Air
  • Forward Air:
    • Sword thrust forward
  • Back Air:
    • Sword thrust backward
  • Up Air:
    • Overhead sword swing
  • Down Air:
    • A stall-then-fall attack similar to Toon Link's, but with a downward slash instead of a stab
  • Grab:
    • Grabs opponent with the left hand
  • Pummel:
    • Typical knee strike
  • Forward Throw:
    • Forward sword stab, then pushes opponent off with foot
  • Back Throw:
    • Throws the opponent backwards, then strikes the opponent with the Drive Blade
  • Up Throw:
    • Upward jumping sword slice
  • Down Throw:
    • Throws opponent onto the ground, then stomps on them with an armored boot
  • Shield Special:
    • Heat Sink
    • Increases the speed of reduction of the Overheat Meter when held

Alternate costumes would consist of all four Imperial character portraits and their alternate colors, like in these pics:

1621610202969.jpeg

Battle Entrance: The Imperial gets dropped off by his/her guild's airship.

What is Etrian Odyssey? It is a dungeon-crawling fantasy RPG known for its feature of having players draw their own maps. The story typically involves the player's guild exploring the labyrinth of an Yggdrasil tree (of which there are multiple). It is also unique in that it is also a post-apocalyptic future version of the real world.

Last edited:

amageish

Smash Master
Hi. I realize I've never posted in this thread.

Etrian Odyssey is fun! I was really hoping for an EO Mii Costume with Joker. Imperial's a unique choice for a rep for it. So, I support it!

Technomage

Smash Champion
Hi. I realize I've never posted in this thread.

Etrian Odyssey is fun! I was really hoping for an EO Mii Costume with Joker. Imperial's a unique choice for a rep for it. So, I support it!
Yeah, an Imperial Mii costume would have been good enough for me, to be honest. Though the Imp would have quite a bit of potential for more than that. ^^

Last edited:

amageish

Smash Master
Yeah, an Imperial Mii costume would have been good enough for me, to be honest. Though the Imp would have quite a bit of potential for more than that. ^^
Yeah, there's definitely potential in a lot of the classes... and also the music. EO music is fantastic and would love some in Smash. I also imagine the stage would make The Great Cave Offensive look small lol.

Technomage

Smash Champion
Yeah, there's definitely potential in a lot of the classes... and also the music. EO music is fantastic and would love some in Smash. I also imagine the stage would make The Great Cave Offensive look small lol.
Yeah, that'd totally fit EO's stages. Lost Shinjuku, for example, would be a great stage.

Top Bottom