• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Elite Beat Agents Rock this Town!

Oddball

Smash Lord
You know who should be in Smash?
(insert epic guitar gif here)
The Elite Beat Agents.

They can dance a man's spirit back from the grave.
They can save the world from an alien invasion using nothing but the power of music.
They can make the song Sk8er Boi somehow not annoying.

But what can they bring to Smash you may ask?
They can bring The Funk.

Much like the Wii Fit Trainers moves are all stretches and exercises, the Agents moves would all consist of dance moves. This means almost every move looks like a taunt for those of you who love that sort of thing.

Plus for a soundtrack, they can bring in the music they used from their game. (Covers of) famous artists like David Bowie, The Village People, Destiny's Child, and the Rolling Stones.

They will Rock You!

and because they're awesome...

and if you're wondering why the Agents and not Ouendan, because a secret government agency dedicated to cheering people on through snazzy dance numbers is just cooler than a group of Japanese students that does the same.

Maybe they could be Echoes or alternate costumes.

Come on and cheer along with me now. E.B.A.! E.B.A.! E.B.A! E.B.A.!

Supporters
Oddball Oddball
Flyboy Flyboy
smashkirby smashkirby
GoodGrief741 GoodGrief741
DanganZilla5 DanganZilla5
Mariomaniac45213 Mariomaniac45213
Diddy Kong Diddy Kong
RealLuigisWearPink RealLuigisWearPink
Mushroomguy12 Mushroomguy12
ninjahmos ninjahmos

Last edited:

Flyboy

Smash Hero
SIGN ME THE FUNK UP!

I actually wanted to make this thread but never got around to it. I have no idea how it hadn't been made yet.

I don't think EBA is ever coming back and they or the Ouendan aren't going to be playable but that doesn't mean they weren't one of my most-wanted back during the Brawl days. It's criminal they aren't even an assist trophy! That said, the spirit battles for them and the divas/cheerleaders are all a TON of fun.

smashkirby

Smash Hero
I support! Say, what if their alt. skins consisted of the Ouendan, Elite Beats Divas, AND the Ouendan Cheerleaders?

Oddball

Smash Lord
I support! Say, what if their alt. skins consisted of the Ouendan, Elite Beats Divas, AND the Ouendan Cheerleaders?
I'd be perfectly fine with that. A different character for every skin sounds like a great idea.

As for a stage, I'd say something like the WarioWare stage where every once in a while the battle is interrupted and it prompts you to taunt at a certain point. The people who do get bonuses, power restored, speed up, metal forms, something like that for a limited time.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Oh snap there's a thread for this? Support, hard. And the Ouendan need to be either an alt or an Echo. This is the weird **** I adore from Nintendo.

Oddball

Smash Lord
So, for a trailer... I'm thinking we start with a fight between other characters. Let's say... Mario vs some of the badguys... Ganondorf, Bowser, Ridley, Dark Samus... something like that.

In the back, you can see the Agents dancing around cheering them on.

During the fight, Mario gets tossed back and collides with Commander Khan of the Agents. Mario is stunned and the Commander is pinned under him. The bad guys close in and then .... close up ... "HEEEAAAALP!"

Then we see the other agents all come out of the woodwork.

Arriving by Jetpack, fancing hovercraft, and the Ouendan guys just walking out of a nearby noodle shop that happened to be in.

Then we switch up the Smash bros music for some nice classic rock and the Agents and Ouendan just descend on the bad guys.
Show game footage and at the end the badguys and laying there in a heap and the commander looks up and give them all the big thumbs up "YEAH!"

Now the question is... what music do you play there?

Last edited:

DanganZilla5

Smash Champion
Writing Team
You know what, I will lend my support. I like The Elite Beat Agents. Their game is great and I was hyped to see them as spirits. They should really be at least an assist trophy which would be super fitting. For future games, Sakurai should go with random picks like this instead of picking someone from the NES era again. But I would be ecstatic if they somehow made it into this fighters pass.

Mariomaniac45213

The Nintendo Villain main!
Switch FC
SW 5604 9250 9133
They will never happen ever but I support them as EBA was my favorite DS game hands down. Salty the game sold like dirt as I remember Reggie back in the day saying if the game did well Nintendo was looking into turning the game into a series (outside of Japan). Im in full support of Derek, Jay, and Morris.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Yes.

****ing...

Yes!!!

I want. Never really completed the game, but it was too damn wacky not to be remembered forever.

Damn do I wish they would remake this for Switch.

C'monnnnnnnnn Nintendo!

smashkirby

Smash Hero
For those who don't know, the director of EBA/Ouendan has gone on record to state that he would LOVE to bring both series to the Switch.

That said, it's up to Nintendo to go through with it...

Oddball

Smash Lord
For those who don't know, the director of EBA/Ouendan has gone on record to state that he would LOVE to bring both series to the Switch.

That said, it's up to Nintendo to go through with it...
I'd love to see what they could do with with some more system power behind them.

ninjahmos

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-8579-4123-9016
I support as well, add me to the list!
Me too, please. They’d need their own stage, with music from...Ouendan. Because...EBA has covers of licensed music. So...unless they can somehow pay the rights to the songs, it's probably their best bet for music. Unless Ouendan also has covers of licensed music. Anyway, I support the EBA for Smash! Also...if by some miracle the EBA could get into Smash with covers of licensed music, I wonder if Dance Dance Revolution and Guitar Hero could get into Smash as well?

Last edited:

RealLuigisWearPink

Smash Ace
Me too, please. They’d need their own stage, with music from...Ouendan. Because...EBA has covers of licensed music. So...unless they can somehow pay the rights to the songs, it's probably their best bet for music. Unless Ouendan also has covers of licensed music. Anyway, I support the EBA for Smash! Also...if by some miracle the EBA could get into Smash with covers of licensed music, I wonder if Dance Dance Revolution and Guitar Hero could get into Smash as well?
Ouendan indeed does also have covers of licensed music. Ready Steady Go was also a full metal alchemist OP

ninjahmos

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-8579-4123-9016
If Dance Dance Revolution DOES get into Smash somehow, I’d love to hear Smash remixes of Konami original DDR songs, especially ones by RevenG and DE-SIRE, like Tsugaru and Healing Vision. I’d also love to hear a DDR Smash remix by Naoki Maeda AKA NAOKI. I’d honestly be surprised if there was also a Smash remix of Butterfly.

Last edited:
Top Bottom