• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Egg-Cellent Dinosaurl! Yoshi in Smash Ultimate Thread!

Will Yoshi recive substantial changes in Smash Switch?

• Yes!

Votes: 3 21.4%
  • No...

Votes: 11 78.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

MERPIS

Smash Lord
NNID
Catboog
So, why is yoshi suddenly a top tier pick? He got buffed sure but he's largely the same character I don't understand why people think he's stupidly amazing.

Lyndis_

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-6600-3090-1548
So, why is yoshi suddenly a top tier pick? He got buffed sure but he's largely the same character I don't understand why people think he's stupidly amazing.
The engine and universal character changes favor him a lot more.

Also:

Substantial buffs IMHO.

All of his aerials were also buffed (this is huge on it's own) along with the egg throw and yoshi bomb changes, so he has a lot more options.

Last edited:

MERPIS

Smash Lord
NNID
Catboog
The engine and universal character changes favor him a lot more.

Also:

Substantial buffs IMHO.

All of his aerials were also buffed (this is huge on it's own) along with the egg throw and yoshi bomb changes, so he has a lot more options.
Wait, what kind of engine/universal changes
But didn't every character get mobility buffs? Also how does the landing lag buffs benefit him in a huge way, unless theres a stupidly good landing lag buff I'm not seeing? I'm not saying yoshi being top is bad FINALLY HE IS, I just don't really know why he actually is.

Last edited:

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
It's a bit of overhype again like Smash 4, it'll slow down soon but he's still good enough to maybe stay in the higher tiers. Just not top tier like inkling chrom/roy marth/lucina the pika bros peach/daisy and so on.

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
I'm enjoying my rest during holiday break. I don't usually get much sleep day to day when school is going on. =/

Still grinding all the single player content in Ultimate too. There's so much left~

|:ultmario:|:ultluigi:|:ultmarth:|d|e|f|g|h|i|j|k|l|m|n
:ultyoshi:|a|b|c
a|b|c

Last edited:

MERPIS

Smash Lord
NNID
Catboog
Is it true that dthrow to uair is actually a true kill combo now? i’ve been getting it consistently on all weight classes and the combo counter registers it as true as well

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
I wouldn't trust training mode combo counter. It's not 100% true but it's always been DI dependant and Fast fallers the easiest to land it on.

DrakeekarD

Smash Rookie
Anyone know what Yoshi's matchup is against Pikachu in SSBU?
I've gone against a few pichus, they aren't tough, you just have to be fast, use air attacks with short hops. You can Smash attack them around 70-80 percent for a kill. Haven't gone against a pikachu yet though.

Dreambeatz

Smash Rookie
This is a Yoshi Matchup Chart for Smash Ultimate in my opinion. Feel free to comment any general tips or feedback if you would like.

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
You making that post made me go down a very deep rabbit hole lmao
It was at least hilarious to read how unstable a lot of members are and overreactions.

Cherry64

Smash Master
NNID
Willzasarus
Switch FC
SW-2905-1228-1895
Wow this thread is dead as hell, common yoshi boards let's make this thread as top tier as our main dragon :ultyoshi:

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
Unfortunately.
Socializing and such I'm fine with discord but the age of everyone doing or archiving important info on discord and twitter/fb I'm not a fan of. One day everyone will come back.

nah they won't :^(

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
No idea when I got it since I definitely didn't have it a month or two back, but it appears the vip member color doesn't matter anymore since the higher ups removed the place anyways.

Cherry64

Smash Master
NNID
Willzasarus
Switch FC
SW-2905-1228-1895
Hmm, I might just be old but I don't know a thing about discord :/ I miss the brawl days, these boards were super busy and fairly entertaining :p

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
Discord basically teamspeak but better for us old folks.
Make servers, add channels, have avatars. The works. Social platform and usually made for calls during INTENSE GAMING.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Earlier today, while visiting the New York State Fair, I got a chance to try out Super Smash Bros. Ultimate; Nintendo is giving people a chance to try out some of its Nintendo Switch titles until the end of the weekend. I was playing as Yoshi, while my three opponents chose Isabelle, Inkling, and Wolf.

I won that match and only got KO'd once, but the match wasn't competitive, since items were present, and I was the only one who actually tried to chase after the Smash Ball; I got it, and was able to score a hit with Yoshi's Final Smash as well.

Sadly, I was only permitted to play one match during my visit to the Nintendo Switch stand.

Abe 'n Munchie

Smash Rookie
Switch FC
SW 7902 4638 1107
Just putting my love and support for the Yosh' here.. Even if thing's tend to be quiet on Character threads! Always happy to help! :yoshimelee:

Love discussing Smash and Games so I'll keep the thread watched and looking forward to discussing whatever get's posted in the future!

All the best! :seuss:

leppy

Smash Cadet
This is a Yoshi Matchup Chart for Smash Ultimate in my opinion. Feel free to comment any general tips or feedback if you would like.
There are so many characters there that have disadvantages that my friends/teammates pick during practice games, two Little Mac mains and a Kirby main, the only character that I don't have the upper hand on when I play against them is Meta Knight. Let it be known that I'm not actually a god at the game, it's just that everyone else either a. doesn't know which characters are weak to yoshi or b. is giving me the handicap.

Either way I'm completely okay with the ego boost :yoshimelee:

...Either that, or I'm reading the chart the wrong way 'round.

leppy

Smash Cadet
Man, I'm doing a terrible job of keeping this thread afloat. But I have other things that take up my time and I'm barely even active on the General :yoshi:
You aren't getting paid for it or anything, I'm sure actually playing the game is a bit more rewarding.

Last edited:

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
Don't gotta keep the thread afloat. Unfortunately the days of forums for smash is nearly completely dead in favor of even Twitter over discord the last couple years. Hell the mod for the Yoshi section Delta hasn't been online since October.

The old days if you were gone for even a couple weeks the staff would think about finding a replacement or adding another mod or two for sub-forums right away due to the forums actually being active and needing to keep an eye on people. Or at least discussion on it

Last edited:

leppy

Smash Cadet
Don't gotta keep the thread afloat. Unfortunately the days of forums for smash is nearly completely dead in favor of even Twitter over discord the last couple years. Hell the mod for the Yoshi section Delta hasn't been online since October.

The old days if you were gone for even a couple weeks the staff would think about finding a replacement or adding another mod or two for sub-forums right away due to the forums actually being active and needing to keep an eye on people. Or at least discussion on it
I hate to say it, but he's right. Forums are great, but 288 characters fits more neatly into an attention span.
So let's talk about a completely separate, definitely pressing issue: Totaka's voice lines from Yoshi's Story. Iconic, maybe, but the yoshis in that game are literally babies. Like my avatar. Full-grown yoshi (and even the older juveniles) have been shown to be able to speak fluent English when they're not being made by Square, so I'd kinda like to see some new lines for older yoshi.

Last edited:

Lukingordex

No Custom Titles Allowed
Switch FC
SW-6444-7862-9014
I miss the old days a little bit. WIth the current worldwide pandemic I now have a lot of free time, so I came here. It seems the place is as dead as ever tho

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
Guess random life update for social, I'm 26 now. My Yoshi server I gave to yikarur awhile back cause I barely played smash + dysfunctional controller last year+ now while waiting for a controller I commissioned back in August to be finished.

I think I'll still forever exist in Smash and Smashboards for another 2+ years most likely before I'm completely done with smash. Hard to say.

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
Hell the mod for the Yoshi section Delta hasn't been online since October.
Wow, October. And even still there have only been like 7 posts on this forum since my last login.

Which, incidentally, is why I stopped checking Smashboards consistently, and probably why it took so long for the change in mod hands (congrats Slush!)

Similar life update: Being an adult has made me leave Smash behind basically. It'll always hold a special place and really defined my life trajectory, but here we are.

Also, pandemic really sucks for, well, obvious reasons. But work from home life has me 95% of the way to my ideal lifestyle haha.

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
Thanks Delta, I also am looking after Banjo boards which was the main place I was tasked to. Yoshi was secondary. I think with this quarantine happening I wanna be involved with Smash even more than before once it ends. Definitely wish to enter more tournies at least and if I can ever get my controller done lmao.

What a hassle this year has been.

Top Bottom