• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The E for All meetup thread

Flatfeet

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Flatfeet
ATs and Pokeballs are important, don't forget to use them, just to see what you get. The other items aren't as important, so just let them lie. :p

Procrasticritter

Smash Journeyman
I didn't think there will be a need to make a list of things to test, I bet if enough of us go, our collective knowledge would probably answer all potential questions through just playing.

personally, I don't think its quite as much fun if you have to remember a checklist of specific points that you have "test." that makes it seem more like work, than a game.

Byron X

Smash Journeyman
I am going. and no Wario and Zelda are not in the demo.

I will try to figure out glitches every time I play the game. what B moves can cancel and short hop etc wavedash dashdance anything. I'll find out as much as possible.

edit : if we ARE gonna call stuff, I want Ike.
Oh snap, you're going? Wow, you must be rich! I wish I could go.:(

ThEpEsT

Smash Apprentice
I'm going, but I need some1 to house me that lives in LA or near the convention center... I'll be attending Sat/Sun, so I'll need to stay Sun. night and if you'd like to meet sat. morning too, that'd be ok.

Qyzex

Smash Cadet
Some one needs to test Bowser out please. Seriously, I've seen no love for him. I want to see if they gave the heavyweights more of a place in Brawl, and Giga Bowser seriously interests me

clowsui

Smash Legend
lol, all of you who are going should all line up together so that you can easily test **** out without fear of someone who can't do ATs coming in the middle of your test sessions.

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
The Moon, with the Fierce Deity Mask in hand
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
anyone going to E for All, I only have one request from you...

if you play as Mario, can you see where the Tornado is now. The debate of whether it's his Down Aerial or Down B in the air is killing me. If you guys can find out for me and PM me about it, then i will be very grateful. also, see how good FLUDD is in action too

The Hypnotist

Smash Lord
Wow, that idea seriously is genius. No sarcasm.

I applaud.
Thanks, I just hate how there are so many things the game t esters could be checking. How many costumes we have, all the tilts, and they are all over stupid items. Throw the items off the edge. Seriously, and please, stick to one or two characters, if this is really a tourney please pick your main rather then some new guy. We want to get as far as possible. e.g I play as Peach, but I want to play as Sonic, if I were there I'd mainly play as Peach.

~N9NE~

Smash Master
NNID
LondonAssyrian
I'm going to be wearing a banana costume. You can't miss me.

FightingGameGuy

Smash Apprentice
@ Hypnotist. I understand your concern about selecting mains, but last week only 14 characters were available (see my post on page 1 for details). It's unlikely many more will be selectable at the expo, so a lot of people (myself included most likely) won't have the option of playing a serious character in the tournament. I also think its likely there will be some freeplay during the hours scheduled aside from the tournament.

Does anyone else think it would be hilarious if four of us got to play at once and did things everyone else would find annoying, such as racing the characters on the ground to see how much faster sonic is than mario? Or tested short hop heights? rofl, I can hear the boos and wtfs coming already.

lavamage

Smash Ace
Wisconsin...yay that place no one has ever heard o
Not to be pessamistic, But I doubt there will be enough time for evry person to try every character. Its in LA which has like...a billion people in it, and a bunch of people know about Brawl and want to buy it.

I assume everyone who checks dojo would notice the demo, and would want to play it

I am also assuming that there will not be 20,000 booths with Brawl on them, meaning you will have to take TURNS ZOMG

You will be able to play it, but not for long.

If im wrong, have fun Brawlin'!

Kashakunaki

Smash Master
I am going Thursday. Kashakunaki, wanna meet up and try a few matches together so we can focus on techs?
Haha, hey Gea. Well, I don't think I'll, no, I know I won't be there Thursday sadly... are you driving or flying?

I'm having a SERIOUS problem with transportation and if you are driving through New Mexico you would be a life saver... seriously.

I'll wear something. Just look for a black guy with an afro.
OH MY GOD! ...I didn't know you were black, lol. I would've never guessed.

If I can get my ****ing transportation figured out, I'll be wearing a keyblade necklace, a Twilight Princess wristband, and a kingdom hearts wristband and Fox McCloud pin on my shirt. I'll always be wearing those. As for my actual cloths, I don't know.

I'll have a piece of tape on my shirt that says, "Kashakunaki." Shouldn't be too hard to find.

Also, this is what I'll be doing:
Wall jumping for sure.

Alright Wyvern... I'll be the official camera man for E for All. I'll bring five empty cassettes. I'll use one for my video documentary of the trip, one for character profiles (I'll make a character profile for each character consisting of every one of their moves, their unique advanced techniques, and their final smash), and the rest for matches to put on Youtube and to answer questions like this.

This'll be a good weekend.

Florida

イーグランツ
Does anyone know if there's a limited amount of tickets being sold at the door or not?
I might be attending the E for All convention to report for Youko and such, but I wouldn't want to have my mom drive me 2 hours away just to take me directly back home because there's no more tickets available.

Any help on that info would be great :p
Also, it's $50.00 at the door for Thursday / Friday, correct?
If I go at all, I'll most likely be going to the Friday showing. 8 hours of gameplay > 5.

Thanks!

BACH

BRoomer
BRoomer
it'll be nice to get some community input - reading hands on impressions from people that don't really know what we look for just doesn't help at all.

GTR!

Smash Journeyman
I am going. and no Wario and Zelda are not in the demo.

I will try to figure out glitches every time I play the game. what B moves can cancel and short hop etc wavedash dashdance anything. I'll find out as much as possible.

edit : if we ARE gonna call stuff, I want Ike.
I wouldnt say you would be looking for .......glitches....but just looking for competative advantages ;):laugh::)

man i cnat wait for everyone to post when E for All is thru and cant wait too see if WD'ing and L canceling and all that other stuff like everyone has suggested blabh blah to loook for

i just cant wait..:)

Kashakunaki

Smash Master
Dude... you live in California... and it is a two hour drive.

Don't be complaining. People like me are trying to figure out how they are gonna pay for $200 worth of gas!

Caleb Wolfbrand

Smash Master
Or 500+ dollar flights and hotels and crap. hey, I saved it up, lol

Man this is going to be great. Maybe we should arrange some kind of war cry to tell us apart from everyone else. So when a Smasher yells like I'VE GOT BALLS OF STEEL" or something you know he's a smasher.

Wait wtf that's stupid I'm stupid rofl

Witchking_of_Angmar

Smash Lord
Slowly starting to enjoy my mothertongue again. :)
Or 500+ dollar flights and hotels and crap. hey, I saved it up, lol

Man this is going to be great. Maybe we should arrange some kind of war cry to tell us apart from everyone else. So when a Smasher yells like I'VE GOT BALLS OF STEEL" or something you know he's a smasher.

Wait wtf that's stupid I'm stupid rofl
Maybe everyone should use a certain tag (for their character) that identifies them as someone from SWF. Like SWF, SWF2, SWF 3, SWF4.

Kashakunaki

Smash Master
I told you... I'm going to be wearing a piece of tape on my chest that says, "Kashakunaki" as well as what accessories I'll be wearing. Plus I'm white and look stoned, lol.

Brockman5

Smash Ace
exactly ininjax...i told procrast... that but he hasnt gotten back to me... maybe you should make a thread with everyone thats going and what their gamer tag will be for tourneys and stuff so we can find out whos who...

Procrasticritter

Smash Journeyman
Sorry, I'll update the thread sometime during the week. I'm a bit busy right now.

Anyway, I'll probably be wearing my hat from E3 2007, I assume there can't be too many people with those, so that'll be me.

Ban Heim

Smash Ace
Quick question for everyone going...who soon after trying to WD/do advanced techs will you guys be able to let us know if they're in or not?

I think you should let us know right after you try them out (especially WDing so we can end the 15+ new topics each day). I was thinking we can set up some sort of system and have you guys text someone who isn't going (I could do this since I'll be home during E for All) after trying them out so we could know right away. The system would work something like this...

First we'd have questions set up on the first page. Each question would be numbered. For example:

1. Is WDing still in?
2. Is it possible to l-cancel?
3. Is Ban Heim a badass?

And then you could text your replies to me (I'll give you my number if you think this idea could work) or someone else with something like:

1. Yes 2. Yes 3. Yes

Then as soon as I get the texts, I make a topic answering the questions. Then we just wait until you guys get back to give us your full reports. Could this work or is it way too complicated?

ThEpEsT

Smash Apprentice
I wouldn't mind texting you as soon as I found out. However, everyone, I NEED HOUSING OTHERWISE I CANNOT ATTEND THIS THING! LoL. And heaven knows if I do not attend this thing, bad things will happen.

Ban Heim

Smash Ace
I wouldn't mind texting you as soon as I found out. However, everyone, I NEED HOUSING OTHERWISE I CANNOT ATTEND THIS THING! LoL. And heaven knows if I do not attend this thing, bad things will happen.
If you do find someone to house you, send me a PM and we'll work out a list of questions together.

This also goes for anyone else that would like to do this (the whole texting thing) and plans on attending E for All. Send me a PM ahead of time, we'll work out some questions, swap numbers, and all that other good stuff.

nealdt

BRoomer
BRoomer
I will be going all four days. I'm a tall skinny white nerdy guy. Good luck picking me out of the crowd!

Though I will be wearing a Super Champ Combo T-shirt on Thursday...

Chill

Red
BRoomer
I'll wear something. Just look for a black guy with an afro.
Yeah, black people! lol

I'll be there Thursday and Friday. I'll be the person not being a dork and telling people what I'm wearing. Geeze, haven't you guys heard of cell phones? Makes more sense than, "I'm the guy with the Naruto shirt".

SOJ

Smash Journeyman
Let's have all the black people be testing out all the mechanics of Samus, since that is their native character.

Ban Heim

Smash Ace
So who wants to send me a text once they find out if the advanced techs are in or not? Eh? Eh? Come on...

Enycecricket

Smash Ace
Comp and Kubuu two DA members are confirmed to Attend E for All from Thursday until Sunday! Wes will be confirming withing 24hrs WE DESPERATELY NEED HOUSING! if anyone can house us please post ASAP

Top Bottom