• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Drama Thread

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
Running away and resetting spacing and screwing over the opponents spacing and projectile camping and interrupting opponents moves with your own are all defensive measures.

Sheik does all these things better than Zelda.

:phone:

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
I didn't delete the guide completely; I have it all saved. I deleted it out of rage at AL and Mecha's posts. I admit what I did wasn't the best of decisions but I just didn't want something I worked so hard on being available in a place that does nothing but cause me grief.

Sure, a little bit of trolling is okay, but I deal with Zelda trolling at every smashfest, at every tourney, and even in the last place where I'd want people making a fool of my main.

I feel like a week is way too much time to discuss something. It makes threads very inactive after only a few days, and people are more inclined to forget/not care about them. I think by having a discussion period of 2-3 days for a matchup or a skill not only results in productivity, but also increases general activity.

Lastly, I'm a guy. :(

Fuujin

Smash Champion
There's a difference from being able to escape pressure and having good defense. As for being able to shield grab stuff I don't think that's enough to give her an edge. When I think of defense I think what are characters a defensive options or tools not said character can run away really fast. Ah I forgot about Shiek's chain maybe shiek can chain lock people and that be a really awesome defensive tool......

The best recoveries either have multiple jumps or travel very far. Sheik and Zelda don't have multiple jumps and Zelda's up B travel's further than shiek's.
Well I don't think this conversation is going anywhere.

AlMoStLeGeNdArY

Smash Hero
NNID
almostlegendary
3DS FC
1349-7081-6691
don't know why I'm wasting my time, but:
Zelda has one of the SLOWEST, most PREDICTABLE, most PUNISHABLE recoveries in the game. Shiek's is considerably faster and has optios from instant tethers to a multi-directional teleport.
Zelda can recover further away from the stage than sheik. Bother recoveries are insanely easy to predict and punish. One travels way further than the other. I get so tired of ah man everything Zelda has is terrible and everything sheik has is amazing....she isn't a good character and neither is Zelda. The hit box on Sheik's up B on comes out when she disappears right? So there's no hit box when she comes back right?

I didn't delete the guide completely; I have it all saved. I deleted it out of rage at AL and Mecha's posts. I admit what I did wasn't the best of decisions but I just didn't want something I worked so hard on being available in a place that does nothing but cause me grief.

Sure, a little bit of trolling is okay, but I deal with Zelda trolling at every smashfest, at every tourney, and even in the last place where I'd want people making a fool of my main.

I feel like a week is way too much time to discuss something. It makes threads very inactive after only a few days, and people are more inclined to forget/not care about them. I think by having a discussion period of 2-3 days for a matchup or a skill not only results in productivity, but also increases general activity.

I'm not sure how to respond to this without further upsetting you.

Kataefi

*smoke machine*
^yes but sheik has a windbox plus a lagless type of landing from certain heights. It's generally safer than farores. There's the chain as well. Recovery encompasses everything needed to be done to get safely back from offstage and sheik's tools overall are better from this position. This is just common knowledge surely?

I have a version saved but i don't think it's up to date. Can you send me an up to date version? would you like your guide thread reopened?

AlMoStLeGeNdArY

Smash Hero
NNID
almostlegendary
3DS FC
1349-7081-6691
^yes but sheik has a windbox plus a lagless type of landing from certain heights. It's generally safer than farores. There's the chain as well. Recovery encompasses everything needed to be done to get safely back from offstage and sheik's tools overall are better from this position. This is just common knowledge surely?
So we're going to be depending on lagless landing from Sheik's up B and the wind...that's um very reliable....or not. But it's whatever. Since you brought up the chain and Scary also brought it up that involves grabbing the ledge and not getting edge hogged by your opponent. So if you get that can Zelda also be landing on the ledge with up B? Not getting edge hogged by her opponent.

There's only one character in this game with virtually impunity when recovering and getting back to the stage and that's MK. That impunity goes away in the mirror. Of course there's ways for other characters to get to the stage safely but depending on the MU those things become harder and harder to do. So when you have characters with similar recoveries like shiek & Zelda you have to factor in the distance they travel. Getting back to the stage safely is a product of the MU and if your opponent can get the correct read on you. Not necessarily the recovery at hand(although some recoveries are harder to punish compared to others).

JigglyZelda003

Smash Hero
well i understand its depressing to see trolling on Zelda everywhere. sometimes i'm even tempted to join in, but i'd probably suck at trolling.

last tourney i went to, the first thing i heard when i lost was "its dat Zelda....lololol." my mind probably just associates trolling w/ Zelda since we've been trolled here forever though. maybe AiB Zelda boards are better at not so much trolling? haven't visited there for a while so idk.

maybe so, but again its that inconsistency of activity and not caring to post. sometimes we don't even get a post for a new discussion for 2-3 days. some weeks we have loads of activity for 2-3 days at a time, other times we get like one post/trolling every 2-3 days. this month seems especially dead. i think maybe during break time from school we could try shorter discussion times and see how it goes, but atm i feel a week is the min
I i know dear. im a guy irl but Jigglyzelda tends to be a girl online.
or refered to as a girl

Zelda boards are basically the low tier peach boards, just less gay on a regular basis. i probably refer to everyone here as girl even if you aren't. i don't mean any harm by it, but if you decided to stick around here and it bothers you i will make sure to refer to you as male.

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
Zelda boards are basically the low tier peach boards, just less gay on a regular basis. i probably refer to everyone here as girl even if you aren't. i don't mean any harm by it, but if you decided to stick around here and it bothers you i will make sure to refer to you as male.
It's not that we're less gay. Just a different TYPE of gay.

peach boards:

Zelda boards:

not LESS gay, just a classier, more sophisticated kind of gay.

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
Sheik's recovery is good.

No really, it's an amazing recovery imo. Invincible during half the time she hasn't disappeared during up b and has a tether recovery.

Sheik can recovery amazingly low due to her having a larger verticle recovery than Zelda, but not suffer the start up lag or the ending lag or the angular issues.

why am I bothering...

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
I have a version saved but i don't think it's up to date. Can you send me an up to date version? would you like your guide thread reopened?
Okay that's fine.

I apologize for being a drama queen... I just really want this board to be the best it can be and the little things here and there really get to me.

@Jigglyzelda I don't really care what you call me I just thought you actually thought I was a girl. :p

KayLo!

Smarter than your average wabbit.
3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
Prime isn't the only alternative option anymore. =0
Oh yeah, I forgot! =D Normally I just ask Prime everything I don't know/am too lazy to do since I talk to him everyday anyways lol.

I feel you, Courier.... besides getting bored with the game, I left the Zelda boards for a while for more or less the same reason. But overall, you can't take things so seriously. Just gotta do your best to ignore the trolling, because as annoying as it is, it's not going anywhere.

Honestly, if you want to discuss Zelda seriously, I'd suggest seeking out a few of the good players and talking to them one-on-one. This particular character board is garbs for anything productive. (That's why I stick to Smash Lab. =X)

peach boards:

Zelda boards:

/dead

Fuujin

Smash Champion
Idk what you guys are talking about.
Whenever I go to tournaments people are always surprised/interested/impressed that I'm using Zelda.
No one trolls me about it.

JigglyZelda003

Smash Hero
Idk what you guys are talking about.
Whenever I go to tournaments people are always surprised/interested/impressed that I'm using Zelda.
No one trolls me about it.

the little tournament that TriC had earlier this year i wasn't sure what surprised people more. The fact that Zelda almost won, or that a Wiiremote person almost won. :awesome:

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
If it helps, DACUS took me a very long time to learn. My first two weeks had no improvement, with a 5% success rate. It took two more weeks after just to get decently consistent and if I don't practise DACUS for a while I get rusty. :(

MechaWave

Smash Champion
Smash Debater + Premium.
But you don't have the icons that state that. How are yo--

Sure, a little bit of trolling is okay, but I deal with Zelda trolling at every smashfest, at every tourney, and even in the last place where I'd want people making a fool of my main
Just thought you should stop being such a drama queen. Honestly, how much estrogen do you have? That's coming from me.

And I dunno what you're talking about, people gasp at the fact I use Zelda at the times I use her. "Y u switch Zelda and no stay Peach?!!"

peach boards:

Zelda boards:

How would this look like together? As you know I'm Peach + Zelda. >_>

JigglyZelda003

Smash Hero
I can DACUS with a wiimote

gg

If it helps, DACUS took me a very long time to learn. My first two weeks had no improvement, with a 5% success rate. It took two more weeks after just to get decently consistent and if I don't practise DACUS for a while I get rusty. :(
I know when i have to input DACUS, but either my fingers slip or they move too slow and so i can sucessfully do DACUS inconsistently. i was practicing earlier and doing perfectly fine going left and right for like 5 minutes....then it starts messing up like i don't know how to do it at all...

RaqTasmeneth

Smash Apprentice
Deviating back to the original topic, I'm not seeing any issues with our advancement of Zelda's metagame. There just aren't as many Zelda mains to theorycraft and trial. I would believe that we are being outpaced by other boards' however SO that doesn't help but...

It's not an easy fix... It was pointed out that Zelda is a feminine (is, but w/e) low fanbase char. We seem heavily stereotyped based on the general attitude of the board (the pictures above say it all) which could be deterring potential zelda players lol. Adding onto that of course being that tier list placement.

I can be proud to say that (as implied being new to smashboards) I'm a Zelda player and I hope I can help advance our princess. But I'm just one, and for every 1 here marth probably gets 10. ... ok that was modesty... 20.:awesome:

The trolling can be taken with-- as said-- a grain of salt. :zelda:

MechaWave

Smash Champion
1:20

Zelda:Marth? ._.

I agree that we aren't behind on her metagame, but you're right about no one wants to theorycraft. Some boards experience this problem as well, or almost none at all (the Peach boards are a prime example of just being a social board.)

Kataefi

*smoke machine*
Deviating back to the original topic, I'm not seeing any issues with our advancement of Zelda's metagame. There just aren't as many Zelda mains to theorycraft and trial. I would believe that we are being outpaced by other boards' however SO that doesn't help but...

It's not an easy fix... It was pointed out that Zelda is a feminine (is, but w/e) low fanbase char. We seem heavily stereotyped based on the general attitude of the board (the pictures above say it all) which could be deterring potential zelda players lol. Adding onto that of course being that tier list placement.

I can be proud to say that (as implied being new to smashboards) I'm a Zelda player and I hope I can help advance our princess. But I'm just one, and for every 1 here marth probably gets 10. ... ok that was modesty... 20.:awesome:

The trolling can be taken with-- as said-- a grain of salt. :zelda:
welcome to the boards. what made you pick her up? i think you summed everything up really well.

RaqTasmeneth

Smash Apprentice
When I bought Brawl i quickily picked up Zelda (Originally Pika) as a newb-stomper mostly for the lulz of "death by faerie magic". I guess it fit into the "Zelda sucks crowd". But I started using her so much that i got serious I guess...And now shes my right hand slayer princess next to my peach.
Wait...
Is it just me or do most zeldas' go peach? And why am I one of them?!

AyatoK26

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Kaminakid
I actually went from Peach to Zelda when the latter dropped 9 spots in w/e tier list it was. I was, and still am, determined to prove that she isn't THAT bad to warrant a 9 spot drop...

Somehow, that's gonna take a while for me to prove...

-Mars-

Smash Hero
TBH there wasn't really that much trolling going on.

From about 2008-early 2009 when the game first came out this board was really active with people like Hedgedawg, Ryoko Yaksa, Me, etc

Then late 2009-2010 When people like Rykoshet, Mr.Eh, etc. started to try and tell people how bad Zelda was it was labeled as "trolling" when it really wasnt. This actually derailed topics more than anything because people felt some God given task to defend Zeldas honor when it was clear to anyone who played the game at a competitive level that she was extremely limited.

JigglyZelda003

Smash Hero
When I bought Brawl i quickily picked up Zelda (Originally Pika) as a newb-stomper mostly for the lulz of "death by faerie magic". I guess it fit into the "Zelda sucks crowd". But I started using her so much that i got serious I guess...And now shes my right hand slayer princess next to my peach.
Wait...
Is it just me or do most zeldas' go peach? And why am I one of them?!
i kind of dual main Sheilda and Peach. i only run to peach if i really feel like Sheilda can't handle it at all

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
lol so you guys honestly think Zelda's better than Samus, Link, Bowser.
and in Scarys case Mario and Lucas.
I definitely think she's at least better than Jigglypuff and Link.

As for the "G" tier, she seems on par with those characters, honestly, Are you suggesting that Zelda being on about the same level as Bowser or Mario, for example, is ludicrous?

Fuujin

Smash Champion

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
How is Zelda > Link and Jigglypuff?

I've played good Links and Zelda really struggles. Jigglypuff should be -1 to 0 imo.

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
Because both Link and Jigglypuff are terrible.

Zelda is terrible, but slightly less terrible than both of those terrible, terrible characters.

I wanna play Scabe's Link irl.

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome

Fuujin

Smash Champion
To be fair, there are vids like this one of Ed... doesn't mean Zelda is the better character.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EdTfv9OKu8Y

While GimR did get out played, he did a lot better than the MK in that match.
1. those were friendlies.
2. IIRC the MK was drunk.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EdTfv9OKu8Y&t=0m39s Lol Drill rush as an attack

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EdTfv9OKu8Y&t=0m44s Lol charging MKs only non safe move when the opponent is in a nuetral position.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EdTfv9OKu8Y&t=0m53s Lol running into a charged f smash

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EdTfv9OKu8Y&t=1m18s dat backwards f smash

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EdTfv9OKu8Y&t=2m20s Nado is always best when used really far away from the opponent and in the air offstage right?

I know Seibrik is good but he was playing really really bad in that match.
The Legan vs Gimr match was more of a Legan getting really good reads on Gimr rather than a Seibrik plays like a ****** and gets beat by Ed.
I'm sorry I'm not impressed by that match.

Besides the obvious difference in the 2 matchs the point was for you guys to pay attention to all the general playstyle of Link and all of the technical things he's able to pull off.
Link has more set ups with his bombs alone than Zelda has in her entire moveset.

I know all of Link's tricksies, doesn't mean he's good.

*Chucks Link off the ledge*

Iwata: What were you thinking when you made Link's recovery?
Sakurai: (laughs)

Edit: I want Scary's Zelda skills. =(
Again, you haven't played a good Link.

Zelda's only move that sends link in a position to be gimped is d smash.
Link can whiplash D smash.
All of Zelda's other moves send link either straight up, or upwards at a diagonal angle.
Link has like the 2nd or 3rd best Vertical momentum canceling.
Zelda won't be killing Link early most of the time, she can't abuse his recover like other characters can.

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
Yeah I wouldn't be surprised if he were drunk. Just trying to say that one good day (or bad day for the other person) isn't really enough evidence. With that said though...

I think Link is actually really tough for Zelda. It's so hard for her to get in, and if she doesn't approach she gets constant projectile spam damage it's annoying.

One silly thing that seems to work more often than not is charging up a F-smash and letting Link's side b push Zelda towards Link.

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
Zelda's only move that sends link in a position to be gimped is d smash.
Link can whiplash D smash.
All of Zelda's other moves send link either straight up, or upwards at a diagonal angle.
Link has like the 2nd or 3rd best Vertical momentum canceling.
Zelda won't be killing Link early most of the time, she can't abuse his recover like other characters can.
So I heard link's position on the tier list relative to Zelda is solely dependent on his matchup vs. Zelda . . .

Top Bottom