• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Drama Thread

AlMoStLeGeNdArY

Smash Hero
NNID
almostlegendary
3DS FC
1349-7081-6691
IF I find reliable housing.
Then I will probably go.
I wish I wasn't mad at STL, Hylian/Rauleen usually handled this stuff :urg:
just house with them anyways. The time you spend at apex you'll prob be over that non sense anyways.

JigglyZelda003

Smash Hero
I think Zelda is bad nit 2nd worst and better than most low tier characters. I don't think ayone should go solo Zelda but I respect those who do. I also don't think learning shiek benefits Zelda. If you want to play her seriously I think she serves well as a CP character so that you can take advantage of your opponents lack of knowledge.
unfortunately the washington effect doesn't benefit Zelda as much as it does some other underused/low tiers.

Sheik totally helps Zelda. The fact you have access to both chars at any time makes Sheik amazing for Zelda.

:phone:
What MU's does sheik help Zelda with ? None which really matter. Using them together may work for you or however, is doing it but you're going to be better off learning a new character totally.
AL i think your missing one good point of Sheilda.

deciding to learn Sheik doesn't benefit you in alot of the really big matchups. although what maining Sheilda DOES give you is the ability to turn other matchups around mid match rather then having to stick it out and then try and come back in your second match that could be against a completely different character. other characters excpet Sheilda and PT have to wait until the current match is over to switch characters, why not take advantage of an almost exclusive ability.

overall Sheik does better agaisnt the 4 furries than Zelda does.
I personally believe she can handle Fox fine, but thats imho
if you ended up fighting one as Zelda and your not doing so well, you could potentially win the match by switching if your proficient enough with Sheik. it also allows you to save your true CP character for when you need them the most, especially if its a technical one like Peach.

with MKs coming ban thats alot less pocket MKs you'll see and potatially see some other characters that Sheilda can handle decently well.

AlMoStLeGeNdArY

Smash Hero
NNID
almostlegendary
3DS FC
1349-7081-6691
unfortunately the washington effect doesn't benefit Zelda as much as it does some other underused/low tiers.

It works well enough. I believe there's less than a handful of characters who can be played with out need an alt. When I think about MU's stages and everything of that nature everyone should have an alt. A character with less rep will be a good thing.

AL i think your missing one good point of Sheilda.

deciding to learn Sheik doesn't benefit you in alot of the really big matchups. although what maining Sheilda DOES give you is the ability to turn other matchups around mid match rather then having to stick it out and then try and come back in your second match that could be against a completely different character. other characters excpet Sheilda and PT have to wait until the current match is over to switch characters, why not take advantage of an almost exclusive ability.
Once the opponent gets to mid percentages sheik becomes pretty useless. No ko ability so unless you gimp someone you're going to be hard press to kill anyone at a decent percentage. I know people say kill percentage does matter but I've seen a lot of people tend to get desperate when their opponent starts living to high percentages.

overall Sheik does better agaisnt the 4 furries than Zelda does.
I personally believe she can handle Fox fine, but thats imho
if you ended up fighting one as Zelda and your not doing so well, you could potentially win the match by switching if your proficient enough with Sheik. it also allows you to save your true CP character for when you need them the most, especially if its a technical one like Peach.
Who's the fourth furry? I also believe it comes down to how comfortable you are in a given MU. I can also understand what you're saying since I have switched to switch against Fox before and against snake. So like you said it all depends on the way the match is going.

with MKs coming ban thats alot less pocket MKs you'll see and potatially see some other characters that Sheilda can handle decently well.
Maybe man as for sheilda I feel weird awkward and dirty for saying it. But we'll see how the metagame shakes out.

JigglyZelda003

Smash Hero
It works well enough. I believe there's less than a handful of characters who can be played with out need an alt. When I think about MU's stages and everything of that nature everyone should have an alt. A character with less rep will be a good thing.
but Zelda's so linear and simple sometimes. it just feels like she can't milk the washington effect as well for so long.

Once the opponent gets to mid percentages sheik becomes pretty useless. No ko ability so unless you gimp someone you're going to be hard press to kill anyone at a decent percentage. I know people say kill percentage does matter but I've seen a lot of people tend to get desperate when their opponent starts living to high percentages.
getting over that desperation helps. unless the timer is about to run out or something.

Who's the fourth furry?.
:lucario: Trollcario ofcourse lol

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
I don't see how anyone claiming to have a reasonable intelligence quotient could argue that limiting yourself to HALF of the potential moveset of a given character is superior to being able to use the entire moveset. (especially when you are limiting yourself to the WEAKER half . . . )

AlMoStLeGeNdArY

Smash Hero
NNID
almostlegendary
3DS FC
1349-7081-6691
but Zelda's so linear and simple sometimes. it just feels like she can't milk the washington effect as well for so long.
getting over that desperation helps. unless the timer is about to run out or something.
:lucario: Trollcario ofcourse lol
Being straight forward isn't a bad thing. It's all about how you do things. Sometimes you can know what someone wants to do and still be unable to stop it.

True but this game is mental and not cracking is a big part of this game. Imagine getting a sick read on your opponent or uaving them trip into a smash attack. Then having to play from behind and the opponent is seemingly living forever after you died on 70. It's not always so easy to not fold to the presdure depanding on the situation.

I don't see how anyone claiming to have a reasonable intelligence quotient could argue that limiting yourself to HALF of the potential moveset of a given character is superior to being able to use the entire moveset. (especially when you are limiting yourself to the WEAKER half . . . )

The weaker half according to you ? I think Zelda is a better character than shieo and has a better moveset than shiek.

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
The weaker half according to you ? I think Zelda is a better character than shieo and has a better moveset than shiek.
according to the overwhelming majority of competitive players, not just me.

Also, way to ignore the other part of my post: even if Zelda were the stronger half, she's still HALF of a full character.

This is one reason people don't take you seriously Al: you just say things and you can't really support them, or you disagree with other people and, again, you have no support, and you often ignore things that you have no way to argue with without looking ridiculous.

AlMoStLeGeNdArY

Smash Hero
NNID
almostlegendary
3DS FC
1349-7081-6691
according to the overwhelming majority of competitive players, not just me.

Also, way to ignore the other part of my post: even if Zelda were the stronger half, she's still HALF of a full character.

This is one reason people don't take you seriously Al: you just say things and you can't really support them, or you disagree with other people and, again, you have no support, and you often ignore things that you have no way to argue with without looking ridiculous.
Then tell me what makes sheik's moveset better. I don't care about other people's opinion of me and I'd like to consider myself a extremely competitive player. I'm not some 13 year old kid who's desperate to be liked by those around him. I also don't mind looking ridiculous either that no big deal. So can you please stop telling me how i'm perceived by people because I don't care. It's also not going to change me either. Sorry buddy you either like me or you don't no matter what you're getting to get what's on my mind.

Is shiek's recovery better than Zelda's ? Is her range better than Zelda's? Is her ko power better than Zelda's ? She has a couple of moves that are quicker than Zelda's and that's pretty much where it ends.

@Mecha I love this avy.

KayLo!

Smarter than your average wabbit.
3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
can you just test it on Mario than and with fsmash since the cool down is less. I'm assuming though that the later the SDI out of the move the less amount of time they have to punish right.
Right.

& I can't test anything myself atm since I don't have a Wii, but I'll see if I can get Prime to look into it. Although honestly, even if I did have a Wii, I probably wouldn't test this.... it's tedious (even for only one character) and largely a waste of time, no offense. =X

AlMoStLeGeNdArY

Smash Hero
NNID
almostlegendary
3DS FC
1349-7081-6691
Right.

& I can't test anything myself atm since I don't have a Wii, but I'll see if I can get Prime to look into it. Although honestly, even if I did have a Wii, I probably wouldn't test this.... it's tedious (even for only one character) and largely a waste of time, no offense. =X
I'm not offended if I was that easily offended I'd prob of killed myself by now. But anyways it was just my random curiosity. If you want a Wii I have one that's currently collecting dust and Ima bout to buy a ps3 and once skullgirls comes out I'm prob done with smash anyways. I have like 40 or so games for the wii if your interested LMK. BTW ne tournies in Philly coming up ? I'd like to start going to tournies again but I don't feel like travelling too far.

KayLo!

Smarter than your average wabbit.
3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
Philly is dry as **** tourney-wise. :c The scene is slowly coming back to life, but everyone travels to NJ for tournaments.

& I'll gladly take that Wii off your hands. Probably not interested in the games since I'll end up hacking it, but we'll see. I'll PM you. :)

AlMoStLeGeNdArY

Smash Hero
NNID
almostlegendary
3DS FC
1349-7081-6691
Philly is dry as **** tourney-wise. :c The scene is slowly coming back to life, but everyone travels to NJ for tournaments.

& I'll gladly take that Wii off your hands. Probably not interested in the games since I'll end up hacking it, but we'll see. I'll PM you. :)
Ah, that's a shame I really don't want to travel too far especially if I don't have the car. Anyways I pm'd about the wii stuff.

#HBC | Scary

Hype Incarnate
NNID
ScaryLB59
@AL: I know I'm late to this but to clear up the Sheik stuffs.

Looking at recovery effectiveness, Sheik is better because of more options from her tether and the threat of being killed by Vanish.

Strictly looking at recovery range, Zelda will always be better.

KO power will go to Zelda as long as Sheik isn't consistently landing Tipper Usmash. Tbh, both have trouble killing in practice but simply looking at paper, Zelda definitely has the kill power edge.

Zelda's move set is fairly quick but with that said, Sheik's moveset has closer frame data to MK than most characters can ever claim. Sheik's moveset also has better synergy and strings very well unlike Zelda who gets the bulk of her damage from reads, Dtilt, and follow ups from Nair. Couple Sheik's fast moveset with her awesome mobility and she's pretty threatening.

AlMoStLeGeNdArY

Smash Hero
NNID
almostlegendary
3DS FC
1349-7081-6691
@AL: I know I'm late to this but to clear up the Sheik stuffs.

Looking at recovery effectiveness, Sheik is better because of more options from her tether and the threat of being killed by Vanish.

Strictly looking at recovery range, Zelda will always be better
I wasn't even thinking about shiek's tether I'm not sure how much of a fact that is it's just one more option though.

KO power will go to Zelda as long as Sheik isn't consistently landing Tipper Usmash. Tbh, both have trouble killing in practice but simply looking at paper, Zelda definitely has the kill power edge.
Not just in paper but in practice also otherwise people wouldn't switch to Zelda to get kills.....:urg:

Zelda's move set is fairly quick but with that said, Sheik's moveset has closer frame data to MK than most characters can ever claim. Sheik's moveset also has better synergy and strings very well unlike Zelda who gets the bulk of her damage from reads, Dtilt, and follow ups from Nair. Couple Sheik's fast moveset with her awesome mobility and she's pretty threatening.
It matters not how close frame data wise shiek's moveset is to MK's when she does have the range that he has on his moves nor does she have the multiple jumps that mK has to make up for his lack of air speed. As for Sheiks ability to string moves together better than Zelda I find that false. Not to mention that after an opponent is above 50% shieks ability to string together anything becomes extremely limited. Also with Zelda's Nair and Dtilt she has the potential to land sweet spot LK's. Whereas shiek can get a tippered usmash from that move.

Sheik also has dtilt which can lead into some moves at lower percentages as well as jab cancel to grab. I'm not certain but maybe a weak hit of nair or bair leads into something. Maybe some chain shenanigans can do something ? As for getting a read everyone is going to be required to get a read on someone if they want to be able to do anything whether it's an air dodge or a spot dodge or a roll. How you punish it and the tools you have to punish said things make's a difference.

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
Sheik's ability to "combo" is amazing. They're not true combos (cept fair > anything at low %), but heaven forbid your opponent fails to tech, they WILL take a lot of damage.

Knock someone off a platform? Knock them over with fair?

Shorthop bair > needles > running upsmash.

Instant 50% damage.

Also ftilt which almost 0-deaths a few members of the cast and has amazing priority and speed.

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
Edit: I find Sheik strings find at 50%. Even better as most moves will knock them on the ground and ftilt > upsmash works on everyone at that percent.

#HBC | Scary

Hype Incarnate
NNID
ScaryLB59
0____________o

AL I find it difficult to believe that you believe the things you say sometimes. Not even trying to be mean, but I think you really underestimate the synergy of Sheik's moveset. Things literally string together easily with Sheik and if they don't, they at least put the opponent in a bad situation. Also, when I made the comparison to MK, I was talking strictly about FRAME DATA, not move properties. I wish Sheik had some better properties to her moves lol. Fair can often lead to a DACUS. There are so many nuances Sheik has working for her. She's limited yes, but nowhere near as much as Zelda thanks to her great ground mobility. I think it's a safe bet to say if Zelda were a tad faster, like Ike ground speed, she'd be better. Much better, but she isn't.

Again, being as nice as possible, after reading your post I don't think you understand Sheik that well. If you're at Apex, I can give you the Sheik 101 but reading some of that just confused me badly.

Why are we discussing Sheik in this thread again?

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
Think it's time for me to leave; I've overstayed my welcome, it seems.

I can no longer take this board, or the character Zelda seriously anymore. I feel I have tried my best to contribute to this forum, but get lost in all the trolling. No wonder so many Zelda players have forsaken this board.

I also do not want the guide available here anymore, so I have removed the contents of it and would like the thread deleted. Use AL's wonderful guide instead.

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
Just put AL on ignore so you can't see his posts. I'll bet that alone would help loads.

@AL. in case you haven't noticed, the Zelda boards at large have agreed that, when you speak, you have absolutely no idea what you are talking about to an extent that is, frankly, mindboggling. You should probably learn to be humble and accept that you are a n00b. Why? Because being a n00b isn't a bad thing; everyone has been a n00b at some point and when you ACCEPT that fact, then you can begin to imorove. Start asking questions and stop rejecting answers and comments that you don't want to be true. There is character loyalty and then there is blind, unrealistic stupidity. Right now, that's where you are; you are a scrub: a n00b who thinks he is something special. Nobody likes a scrub and they never get better.
I hope some day the wake-up call gets through your troll skull, but I feel reasonably certain that that isn't going to happen any time remotely soon. In any case, I hope you actually take this into consideration... but I know you won't because, well, you're a scrub. Most people grow up EVENTUALLY though, so hopefully that happens to you too.

In any case, don't bother responding to this post just to disagree with me because this really is not meant to be a discussion: I am telling this to you for your own good, and if you choose not to listen, then that's your prerogative, but I am not about to waste any more time giving advice to somebody unwilling to accept facts about himself, his character, and reality in general, so if you just want to disagree and argue, then whatever, you are just proving my point for me, and you are really only hurting yourself.

AlMoStLeGeNdArY

Smash Hero
NNID
almostlegendary
3DS FC
1349-7081-6691
0____________o

AL I find it difficult to believe that you believe the things you say sometimes. Not even trying to be mean, but I think you really underestimate the synergy of Sheik's moveset. Things literally string together easily with Sheik and if they don't, they at least put the opponent in a bad situation. Also, when I made the comparison to MK, I was talking strictly about FRAME DATA, not move properties. I wish Sheik had some better properties to her moves lol. Fair can often lead to a DACUS. There are so many nuances Sheik has working for her. She's limited yes, but nowhere near as much as Zelda thanks to her great ground mobility. I think it's a safe bet to say if Zelda were a tad faster, like Ike ground speed, she'd be better. Much better, but she isn't.
Why would I say something I didn't believe?

I understand your comparison with MK but it's basically meaningless. The frame data means nothing if the moves can't be applied like MK's. The properties on shieks moves are bad.

At what percentages does fair lead to DACUS? Can I air dodge in between ? Also I don't want to hear about run speed or how good sheik's DACUS is. That doesn't make her a good character. If run speed decided anything Sonic would be the best character in he game. As for her Dacus it's a nice tool to have I wish Zelda had a Dacus.

Both characters are very limited with some of the same weaknesses however, both characters being limited doesn't tell me what about shiek's moveset is better than Zelda's.

Again, being as nice as possible, after reading your post I don't think you understand Sheik that well. If you're at Apex, I can give you the Sheik 101 but reading some of that just confused me badly.
If you're confused by what I posted then LMK what confused you and I'll try to word it in a way that's less confusing. Sometimes I type and my brain goes to fast for my hands or it sounds good in my head and comes out bad while typing. But to sum up how I feel about shiek early on she's good at racking damage however, later in an opponent's stock her move set and ability becomes even more limited. I'm not sure which of her moves can link into each other once an opponent is at a certain percentages however, with Zelda she can link into her moves off a nair into basically whatever she wants.

As for Apex I'm not going to be going. At first I wasn't going to go because I dislike the stage list for Wario and i'd rather not go to a tourney with a stage list that cripples him so much IMO. I know other Wario's are going but for me i'm not feeling that.

Why are we discussing Sheik in this thread again?
Because I questioned what about sheik's moveset is better than Zelda's.

Just put AL on ignore so you can't see his posts. I'll bet that alone would help loads.

@AL. in case you haven't noticed, the Zelda boards at large have agreed that, when you speak, you have absolutely no idea what you are talking about to an extent that is, frankly, mindboggling. You should probably learn to be humble and accept that you are a n00b. Why? Because being a n00b isn't a bad thing; everyone has been a n00b at some point and when you ACCEPT that fact, then you can begin to imorove. Start asking questions and stop rejecting answers and comments that you don't want to be true. There is character loyalty and then there is blind, unrealistic stupidity. Right now, that's where you are; you are a scrub: a n00b who thinks he is something special. Nobody likes a scrub and they never get better.
I actually have gotten better at this game as time progressed. However, for you to be calling me a noob or a scrub is virtually laughable. I'm not sure exactly why you're so confident in yourself and I really couldn't care less. Outside of the personal MU thread where I said d3 is +8 and oli was +6. I don't think I've said anything that's even stupid. As for asking question I always ask question and then I respond to what is stated. I asked you why you felt sheik's moveset is better than Zeldas and of course I get no response. As for me thinking I'm special if that's how I come off then that's how I come off. I don't think i'm anythin special at all.

I hope some day the wake-up call gets through your troll skull, but I feel reasonably certain that that isn't going to happen any time remotely soon. In any case, I hope you actually take this into consideration... but I know you won't because, well, you're a scrub. Most people grow up EVENTUALLY though, so hopefully that happens to you too.
Once again you're assuming facts about me. Then you attempt to tell me about myself. You also make these wild claims. If you want to know something about me my thought process or why I say the things I say here's a crazy wild suggestion ask me.

In any case, don't bother responding to this post just to disagree with me because this really is not meant to be a discussion: I am telling this to you for your own good, and if you choose not to listen, then that's your prerogative, but I am not about to waste any more time giving advice to somebody unwilling to accept facts about himself, his character, and reality in general, so if you just want to disagree and argue, then whatever, you are just proving my point for me, and you are really only hurting yourself.
So let me get this right ? I'm supposed to accept your facts about me when all you know about me are my post over the internet.....Then you have the nerve to say that I think I'm special? If anything i suggest you get off of your high horse you don't know me or anything about me and any attempt to gauge the type of person I am from an internet message board is ridiculous.

Fuujin

Smash Champion
If you're comparing Zelda and Sheik, Sheik is pretty much better at almost everything.
Other than kill power and I think vertical survivability by like 2 points of damage.

Approach : Sheik
Defense: Sheik
Speed: Sheik
Projectile: Sheik
Kill power: Zelda
Damage racking: Sheik
Recovery: Sheik
Metagame: Sheik
Not getting chaingrabbed: Zelda

#HBC | Scary

Hype Incarnate
NNID
ScaryLB59
Alright, that is a lot More clear AL. Yea, Sheik does kinda get more limited later in opponent's stocks but she is still very threatening since she can limited options very well.

You should go anyway. If not for the tourney, than to meet new players an have a blast. Spectator fee allows you friendlies still. You'd have a blast!

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
If you're comparing Zelda and Sheik, Sheik is pretty much better at almost everything.
Other than kill power and I think vertical survivability by like 2 points of damage.

Defense: Sheik
Speed: Sheik
Recovery: Sheik
Metagame: Sheik
Outright killing power maybe, but technically if Sheik manages her Ftilt properly, she can kill faster than Zelda anyway. lawl

AlMoStLeGeNdArY

Smash Hero
NNID
almostlegendary
3DS FC
1349-7081-6691

Defense: Zelda
Ground Speed: Sheik
Air Speed: Zelda
Recovery: Zelda
Metagame: I don't even know what this means but Sheik doesn't make up much more of the metagame than Zelda. If I do go to a tourney I wouldn't be worried about the Sheik MU or the Zelda one for that metter.
my responses in bold.

Alright, that is a lot More clear AL. Yea, Sheik does kinda get more limited later in opponent's stocks but she is still very threatening since she can limited options very well.

You should go anyway. If not for the tourney, than to meet new players an have a blast. Spectator fee allows you friendlies still. You'd have a blast!

I was thinking that also and we'll see how things on my end go. Right now I'm in no position to do that but maybe in a month I'll be able too do that. So we'll see and maybe I'll be able to attend.

b/c AL

tenchars
What did I do to that guy ?

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
Zelda and Sheik have the same weight, Fuujin.
Sheik's properties make him (yes, him) easier to combo in this case not being floaty like Zelda.

AL you are delusional, which is defined as thinking in a certain way despite the massive amount of evidence presented against you. This board is wasting its time answering questions that honestly beginners like myself can determine simply by observing.

This board can use some improvements. Discussions need a smaller time frame for discussion as well as dedication to maintaining a thread. Trolls like AL need to stop posting.

Fuujin

Smash Champion
Zelda and Sheik have the same weight, Fuujin.
Weight =/= Survivability
Look at Squirtle and Game N Watch.
Or Link and Captain Falcon.
It comes down to Momentum canceling in the end.
Characters who weigh less that Zelda end up living longer than her in actuality (Falco comes to mind).

my responses in bold.
I was thinking that also and we'll see how things on my end go. Right now I'm in no position to do that but maybe in a month I'll be able too do that. So we'll see and maybe I'll be able to attend.

What did I do to that guy ?
By Metagame I mean http://super-smash-bros.wikia.com/wiki/Metagame
Zelda probably has one of the worse, if not THE worst metagame in brawl right now.
Her game plan consist of hoping the opponent approaches and runs into her attacks, while not escaping her smash attacks and d tilt lock when she is able to land them.
Sheik has much more going on for her.

Zelda's defense isn't better than Sheiks.
On paper, maybe but not at high level play, Sheiks speed alone makes her defense better than Zelda's.
Try playing against a really aggressive Peach, or maybe a Marth.
When you're constantly being pressured, you'll find it much easier to escape from it as Sheik.
Hell Zelda can't even shield grab half of the time.

Zelda does have a better air speed but seeing as how her aerial game is really bad she doesn't benefit from it very much, her airspeed is only good for recovering, which Sheik is already superior at.
Idk where you're getting it from that Zelda's recovery is better than Sheiks....

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
Sheik's foxtrot is an amazing defensive maneuver.

Sheik's foxtrot > Zelda's moveset

(srs post btw. Foxtrotting is an amazing way to disrupt spacing)

AlMoStLeGeNdArY

Smash Hero
NNID
almostlegendary
3DS FC
1349-7081-6691
Sheik's properties make him (yes, him) easier to combo in this case not being floaty like Zelda.

AL you are delusional, which is defined as thinking in a certain way despite the massive amount of evidence presented against you. This board is wasting its time answering questions that honestly beginners like myself can determine simply by observing.
Yet another person who can tell me about myself gee thanks. There's a difference between observing learning MU's and learning characters.

This board can use some improvements. Discussions need a smaller time frame for discussion as well as dedication to maintaining a thread. Trolls like AL need to stop posting.
If I stop posting on this site it'd have less to do with some random guy on the internet considering me a troll and more to do with my own personal situation. As for the way threads are controlled if you have a problem with them you can make your own thread....you did that...oh wait you blew you deleted that thread.....

By Metagame I mean http://super-smash-bros.wikia.com/wiki/Metagame
Zelda probably has one of the worse, if not THE worst metagame in brawl right now.
Her game plan consist of hoping the opponent approaches and runs into her attacks, while not escaping her smash attacks and d tilt lock when she is able to land them.
Sheik has much more going on for her.
I never heard metagame used like that before. When I think of metagame I think of what's going to be at a tourney and then bringing specific tech for what you feel as though will make up the field. For example let's say you know a region has a lot of strong Snake players you're going to have a pocket d3 or falco or MK. That's how I view metagame.

On paper, maybe but not at high level play, Sheiks speed alone makes her defense better than Zelda's.
When you're constantly being pressured, you'll find it much easier to escape from it as Sheik.
There's a difference from being able to escape pressure and having good defense. As for being able to shield grab stuff I don't think that's enough to give her an edge. When I think of defense I think what are characters a defensive options or tools not said character can run away really fast. Ah I forgot about Shiek's chain maybe shiek can chain lock people and that be a really awesome defensive tool......

Zelda does have a better air speed but seeing as how her aerial game is really bad she doesn't benefit from it very much, her airspeed is only good for recovering, which Sheik is already superior at.
Idk where you're getting it from that Zelda's recovery is better than Sheiks....

The best recoveries either have multiple jumps or travel very far. Sheik and Zelda don't have multiple jumps and Zelda's up B travel's further than shiek's.

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
The best recoveries either have multiple jumps or travel very far. Sheik and Zelda don't have multiple jumps and Zelda's up B travel's further than shiek's.
don't know why I'm wasting my time, but:
Zelda has one of the SLOWEST, most PREDICTABLE, most PUNISHABLE recoveries in the game. Shiek's is considerably faster and has optios from instant tethers to a multi-directional teleport.

JigglyZelda003

Smash Hero

Courier, girl, people been trolling here for a long time. sometimes it pisses me off, but overall i ignore the trolling. it can get bad, but if you can't ignore it for the most part then i guess your time here was ment to be short.

I know im lazy and barely able to manage my own thread due to life.....but at least i didn't just delete it all......

also discussion time could probably be better if we generally had more activity. i think a week is the minimum time frame we could have for any discussion because we have such inconsistent activity times.

/2cents
i give defense to Sheik mostly because Zelda can't shield grab people. being able to shield grab in badly spaced or just off spaced crap gives you at least free damage and some breathing space. porr Zelda can't have that luxury.
There's a difference from being able to escape pressure and having good defense. As for being able to shield grab stuff I don't think that's enough to give her an edge. When I think of defense I think what are characters a defensive options or tools not said character can run away really fast. Ah I forgot about Shiek's chain maybe shiek can chain lock people and that be a really awesome defensive tool......
there may be a difference between escaping pressure and having a good defense, but don't they go hand in hand?
considering Zelda is the only non tether who can't chaingrab, it is an edge in sheiks favor when we talk about non tether grabbers.

Top Bottom