• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Dragon consumes his enemies! Genji for Smash!

hAKLE

Smash Cadet
NNID
mariomush115
Genji joins the fight!

Hey there! This is my second character idea for Smash for Switch! Introducing Genji!
Who is Genji?

Genji is a cyborg-ninja from the popular first-person shooter, Overwatch!
He was severely injured when his brother almost killed him. Luckily, Overwatch's medic, Mercy, came to rescue him. She brought him back to Overwatch and gave him cyborg implants, allowing him to live. After that, he went to Nepal to search for the meaning of his (what he thought)now repulsive body. He found Zenyatta, a robot monk who became Genji's mentor, and showed him to accept his robotic body.

How would he play?
I was thinking kind of like a mid-lightweight character, with mobility in mind. Genji has a lot of ways to attack and counter. In Overwatch, he is known for being annoying and frustrating to play against, since he slices and dices all over the place. I also think his shurikens would make for good edgeguarding.

Why Genji? We already have enough sword fighters as there is.
Genji doesn't just use his sword. He also uses his little sword! And it's a katana. But joking aside, Genji would make a great addition to Smash, mixing in some swordplay and projectiles. He would be an overall, good character. Now I know some of you might say; What about Doomfist! He's way more unique then Genji! Or Pharah! She can fly and shoot rockets! Maybe even Lucio! He's Wii Fit Trainer merged with Sonic! Because A) He just popped into my head, B) He looked cool in my head, and C) I think he could pull of some nice stunts with the right movesets.

Want to support this thread? Please tag me and i'll add you to the list of supporters.
TheHumanSonikku
Doubleslasher

Now for the movesets. Since i'm too lazy to make a moveset, how about you think of one? please comment it and I will add it to the thread.

Thank you for reading this, and have a very nice day.

Last edited:

hAKLE

Smash Cadet
NNID
mariomush115
No ones supporting it because Overwatch has nothing in common with Smash, and Nintendo has never even spoke of Overwatch, but some Blizzard games did make it on the SNES. The best chance of getting in from Overwatch is Doomfist.

Doubleslasher

Smash Rookie
I'll just support this cuz i HAVE AN Overwatch t-shirt

and yes, he would actually be pretty cool

Last edited:

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
No ones supporting it because Overwatch has nothing in common with Smash, and Nintendo has never even spoke of Overwatch, but some Blizzard games did make it on the SNES. The best chance of getting in from Overwatch is Doomfist.
Not Tracer, the mascot of the game? Care to explain your reasoning?

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
uh uh I um I don't see a lot of moveset potential in her? And Doomfist is the closest one to a typical fighting game character?
Right, I'm so glad they picked Knuckles instead of Sonic because he's more of a fighter.

/sarcasm

Main character ALWAYS gets priority.

Last edited:

KEYLIME SSB

Smash Journeyman
This is the equivalent of putting League of Legends characters into smash. Multi-character fighters do not merge with other multi-character fighters.

D

Deleted member

Right, I'm so glad they picked Knuckles instead of Sonic because he's more of a fighter.

/sarcasm

Main character ALWAYS gets priority.
It's not like either of them really has a chance anyway. Pretty sure this thread is purely for fun.
Also to counter your whole arguement: :4robinm:

SEGAGameBoy

Smash Journeyman
Never played it before. But, I'm planning on getting Overwatch for my PS4. I support!

hermes

Smash Apprentice
Thats possible! Someone from blizzard would be huuge. I just saw the diablo 3 for switch featuring ganondorf! Anything can happen.

Last edited:
Top Bottom