• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Dragon Ball Thread

Oracle Link

Smash Master
This is not a Support Thread for Goku! I like Goku and like to play as him in Games but Smash(outside of Mods) should atleast for a long time not Feature non-Videogame Character which (Sadly/Gladly depends on Person) includes Goku

BUT

In this Thread you can do the following!

Talk about the Dragon Ball Manga

The Animes Dragonball/Z/Gt and Super

Talk about Dragonball Games

And of course talk about Dragonball in Smash (with Mods, Movesets and Game Concepts for fun)
but not about directly supporting Dragonball officialy in Smash again this would open Flood gates that we DONT want to open
even if you like the idea of Goku in Smash he would allow characters like Shrek to be in Smash which you probabaly dont wont

BUT BUT

Enjoy Talking about the adventures and Fights of Goku and Co

Edit: i made a Dragonball Forum Game if you want to play it or just read the story intoductions or a Curious about the Playable Characters Or just wanna Ask Questions about it follow this Link Dragon Ball Rpg (DQ Style)

Last edited:

Oracle Link

Smash Master
I really think they should bring makafushigi adventure back but
as the Theme of Goku i mean it plays in the show that revolvolves mostly about him!

Oracle Link

Smash Master
I played Dragon Ball Z Budokai Tenkaichi 3 as a kid (by my Friend) before i even knew Dragon ball i could barely beat a Cpu Saibamen on easy with SSJ3 Goku

Now i got it on Emulator as well as the Japanese Version (because OST) its just so good the only non Super Fighting Characters i wish were in are

Murasaki, either Goku (kid) or Goku(young Adult) the "Kid Goku" in Game is Goku(teen), either Monster Carrot or Bear thief , a red Ribbon Soldier (like Saibamen or CellJr), maybe Gt Trunks (a costume would be enough) and i think Launch/Lunch outside of them there is not much missing

Oracle Link

Smash Master
Hmm hello is anyone here! Chirp Chirp Chirp! Ok aheeem!
Considering This Thread Gets Some Views i guess I add a little bit more Stuff!
Thinking about Dragonball FighterZ which Gokus are in the Game
Base/Kaioken Goku
SSJ Goku
SSJB Goku
UI Goku
and
GT Goku
Goku Black isnt really Goku
i make a controvercial Statement and say that Kid Goku should be in the Game aswell (although this would probably need a rework of Gt like having GT turn SSJ/SSJ3 at the Beginnig of battle having GT shoot Ki Blasts etc) i mean having Kid Goku be able to use Rock,Paper,Scisors Flying Nimbus and After Image would be nice

maybe we could remove SSJB Goku to acommblish this (Probably in a Sequel also SSJB would become a Costume)

Oracle Link

Smash Master
This was the first German Dragon Ball Intro its probably the weirdest Dragonball intro outro to ever exist
I mean as far as i know theyre no Neon Lights in Dragonball but luckily neither in DB/Z/GT or Super was the Soundtrack in the Show Changed so no Bruce Faulconer (i mean his music is Decent but still Keikuchi was the original Composer its like replacing the Super Mario Theme in the English Version with generic Rock Music)

Oracle Link

Smash Master
How about more Content (maybe it should be a Tradition of Posting on Holidays) i digress

Presenting

Dragon Ball Manga Challengers (Wholly Speculative)

A Dragon ball Fighting Game Taking more Influence from the Manga than usual

First Duel Mode (characters from Super Gt would be DLC) (all Versions of a Character are Sorted into the same Arc)

Second Arc Ahoy

Last edited:

Oracle Link

Smash Master
Ive read the beginning of the Universe Survival arc and oh boi i hate it How can Anyone Think that this part of Super is better than Gt theyve Ruined Goku Completly and even Ui can only carry this arc to Okay Goku needs to be a good main Character which he isnt in this arc HE IS HAPPY ABOUT MAAAAAAAASS GENOCIDE WHAT DID YOU SMOKE TORIYAMA do you need help an Ambulance im scared about your mental Health

Oracle Link

Smash Master
I just spurt out more stuff Lets go... Monkeys?! ahem stop memeing

So Budokai Tenkaichi 4 or lets call it:

Dragon Ball Z Sparking Tenkaichi (a fusion ha of the japanese and world wide names)

1st music it keeps all themes from Meteor and BT 3 and gets new Music:
Ultimate Battle
Ui Theme
Goku Black Theme
Hero by Flow
Super opening
Super Ending
Piccolos (evil) theme
Goku and Picolo vs Garlic Jr

So modes yeah its not the Focus
having a decent simple story mode would be enough (but with better cutscenes)
Of course the Gallery and other BT3 modes return

So newcomers (all old ones are kept):

Dragon Ball Og:

Actual Kid Goku (ya know the Chubby one) > Great Ape
Bulma (mech)
Kid Krillin (kuririn)
Teen Yamcha
Murasaki
Monster Carrot
Black > Black (mech)
Red Ribbon Soldier (enemy)

Dragonball Movie 2:
Lucifer

Gt:
Goku (without Tail) > goku SSJ > Golden Great ape
Trunks Gt > Trunks (gt)
Ledgic
Mu

Dragon Ball Super:
Goku (Base) > Goku (god) > Goku (blue)
Goku UI > Goku MUI
Vegeta (base > Vegeta(god) > Vegeta (blue) Vegeta (Blue Evolution)
Beerus
Whis
Freeza (final) > Freeza (Gold)
Champa
Hit
Trunks (super)> Trunks (rage)
Goku Black > Goku Black (Rose) >(fusion)> Fused Zamasu > Corupted Zamasu
Future Zamasu >(fusion)> Fused Zamasu > Corupted Zamasu
kale > Kale (lssj) >(fusion)>Kefla(ssj)
Caufila> Caufila(ssj) >(fusion)>Kefla(SSJ)
Jiren
Xeno (not playable inb every mode)

So yeah that the list it would keep the same artstyle and Graphics (but in Hd) looks actualy really good

Another Player

Smash Apprentice
Dragon Ball Z. The rule vs the exception.

I'm aware this is a pretty popular series. Though I want to get down to it right away. I hope this is like the ultimate game of Chess. You want view something totally amazing now here it goes.

Goku vs Vegeta in a fight to the permanent death.

Keep in mind that there's restrictions on the Dragon Ball and what we want to happen to them.

1.) You can not wish for more wishes.
2.) No forced fall in love, failures, mind control.
3.) Can not wish someone dead or back to life.
4.) The author can not interfere with the fight.
5.) One lives over the other with no draws with no possibility of resurrection, reincarnation, cloning, ect.,.

Whatever you can think about that would satisfy the stipulations. Unless a fictional character can somehow die and stay dead are they ever in any real danger?

Thoughts?

Top Bottom