• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Dorf Ditto match up

Professional_Bird

Smash Rookie
NNID
ParkerAtriumEDM
What is ya'lls experiences with the Ganon ditto match up? Is it better to be as aggressive as possible or let your opponent be reckless and you stay patient? What strategies have you discovered work best in the dorf ditto?

CORY

wut
BRoomer
Don't get grabbed, first off. Please don't get grabbed, you'll be very sad...

In my experience, a lot of the neutral comes down to reading your opponent's vertical lane, and beating the option for on there.

I.e. they short hop at you, they're most likely vulnerable above, so you can full jump fair and beat most approach options
They go full jump, you can sh hair and stuff a lot of stuff. Really highly simplified, but that's a basic run down from my phone.

Professional_Bird

Smash Rookie
NNID
ParkerAtriumEDM
Don't get grabbed, first off. Please don't get grabbed, you'll be very sad...

In my experience, a lot of the neutral comes down to reading your opponent's vertical lane, and beating the option for on there.

I.e. they short hop at you, they're most likely vulnerable above, so you can full jump fair and beat most approach options
They go full jump, you can sh hair and stuff a lot of stuff. Really highly simplified, but that's a basic run down from my phone.
Simplified or not I understand what you mean and I appreciate the feedback! I'll take note of this!

cod3kill

Smash Cadet
One thing I like to do, since my movement is usually better than whatever dorf im playing, is to just keep super mobile with platforms and perfect wave lands and wait for the other Dorf to try and come in with an attack and I just avoid it then hit them with a back air. It usually works pretty well. Occasionally I'll go on the offensive with SH nairs because they are typically safe, and double jump baits into fair or retreating fair depending on how they react. As always don't rely on Side-b and down-b too much, if you get punished it hurts a lot. I think a good mix of offense and defense works best, and it also depends heavily on the play style of the other Dorf on whether or not to be more offensive or more defensive.

ManonTheGanon

Smash Rookie
I think its much better to play defensive, avoid any kind of special moves, stay out of range of fair and punish any over extends that to try and be offensive in the ditto. I think making use of the jab and nairs is the most important thing.

Top Bottom