• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Dog Opens a Can of Whoopass: Duck Hunt Social Thread

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
I wonder if Duck Hunt will ever be buffed to the point that and/or where everyone realizes they're awesome
Duck Hunt is already awesome. People are just preoccupied with winning tourneys. (I play for fun)

smashkirby

Smash Hero
Duck Hunt is already awesome. People are just preoccupied with winning tourneys. (I play for fun)
Exactly. DH is a character that is so much fun to play as! With all the things encompassing the NES Zapper in their moveset, it makes them so interesting and fun to play as. Also, they are the cutest things I've ever seen in Smash. The cartoonish animations they have really makes you fall in love with the dog and the duck.

Furret24

Smash Master
Unless you're...a solo main
Don't be one then. Branch out and have multiple, even use them to cover eachother's weaknesses.

I main :4gaw:, :4yoshi:, and :4duckhunt:. Duck Hunt doesn't really compliment Game and Watch well, but I like using him alot. Yoshi helps me with some high and top tier matchups Game and Watch has that are virtually unwinnable.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Don't be one then. Branch out and have multiple, even use them to cover eachother's weaknesses.

I main :4gaw:, :4yoshi:, and :4duckhunt:. Duck Hunt doesn't really compliment Game and Watch well, but I like using him alot. Yoshi helps me with some high and top tier matchups Game and Watch has that are virtually unwinnable.
Not everyone will go out and do this though

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
solomain if you're a true top dog that can accept your fate for matchups like sonic
So @DunnoBro before he started using other characters? Not trying to offend of course, just using him ad an example(I thing Guy and know MVD use more than 1 character).

Reizilla

The Old Lapras and the Sea
I use 4 other characyers when Duck Hunt doesn't work out, depending on the matchup/player. Trying to move toward being a ZSS main, but she's still new to me and Duck Hunt is by far my most comfortable, best overall character. I don't see Duck Hunt being a good secondary for really any character, but if he's your main already, it doesn't hurt to have a change of pace.

TheWorstMuppet

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TheWorstMuppet
3DS FC
1332-8277-4239
Except we haven't seen Brood for a while, so it's either Yusan or this new guy You3 that are showing off Duck Hunt in Japan.

Duck Hunted

Smash Cadet
Oh crap I just started a conversation (wow!). Anways no offense but sonic is waaaaaaaaayyyyy overrated and is not good. But yeah i alreddy watch ZeRo play diddy. I have become obsesssed. But the thing is that diddy is so fast. Oh and i updated my DH guide if you haven't read it already. Go and check it out and give it a rating!

Ok guys im changing my name to diddy dog and thats final :4duckhunt: :4diddy:

Last edited by a moderator:

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
That's a rad name Diddy Dog, but please try to avoid double posting.

And yes, Sonic is overrated, Spindash isn't nearly as good as people make it sound like and running is very limiting.
Heavy zoning characters are a huge problem for him.
:196:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
That's a rad name Diddy Dog, but please try to avoid double posting.

And yes, Sonic is overrated, Spindash isn't nearly as good as people make it sound like and running is very limiting.
Heavy zoning characters are a huge problem for him.
:196:
To much spinning unfortunately

Top Bottom