• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Ditto

Collinhall

Smash Rookie
I *need* to win the ditto. My pride is on the line. What are some good pointers when fighting against a competent Kirby? What changed in 3.5? Does port priority still matter much? Thanks in advance ~

FreeGamer

Smash Ace
U-Tilt is less spammable, Dash Attack and Cutter Dash are far less safe, you can't move during Inhale, D-Throw doesn't CG floaties anymore, and N-Air's late hit has less range. On the bright side, Stone kills at late percents and D-Smash comes out a little faster.

KinGly

Smash Journeyman
Lmao, you must really want to win this. you're actually on smashboards.

U-Tilt is less spammable, Dash Attack and Cutter Dash are far less safe, you can't move during Inhale, D-Throw doesn't CG floaties anymore, and N-Air's late hit has less range. On the bright side, Stone kills at late percents and D-Smash comes out a little faster.
He knows of the 3.5 changes for the most part. He's asking specifically if 3.5 changed anything about the ditto, though I can see why you thought he was asking for general 3.5 changes.

My two cents: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xlk4h1IVYMQ
Watch how they follow up on their throws, and how they're always moving. Something that struck me is how often they threw out hammer and I've realized it seems ridiculously safe as long as your opponent isn't above or under you.

Last edited:

SazoonTheBoon

Smash Apprentice
bit late, but you can get quite a lot of followups off of down air if you L cancel it

Top Bottom