• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Dimension Traveling Samurai, Gilgamesh

Peridorito

Smash Journeyman
FF5_Gilgamesh.jpg

"Enough expository banter! Now we fight like men! And ladies! And ladies who dress like men! For Gilgamesh...it is morphing time!"

Gilgamesh is a recurring character in the Final Fantasy series. He made his debut in Final Fantasy V as a henchman of Exdeath, and since then has appeared in many different games in various roles. In fact, he has the most game appearances of all characters in the series. He is an iconic character and would fit right into Smash.

What can Gilgamesh do?

Gilgamesh has a huge amount of abilities. He has a bunch of weapons, with the most famous being his sword Excalipoor, a replica of Excalibur. Other weapons he's used include firearms and gunblades. He can also use lots of different spells. There's no shortage of abilities and he would no doubt be a really unique character.

SvartWolf
Pizza Robo
SilverSoul24

Last edited:

SvartWolf

Smash Champion
Maybe if he gets in we could finally get "battle at the big bridge" into smash (and have 3 ff songs T.T)

I like this guy but he is a little niche, (even if almost anyone that have completed a final fantasy likely have run into him at least one time). In a perfect world were we got ACTUAL Final Fantasy content, he still could be a sweet Mii costume. (or a cool boss fight)

But i won't deny that I would smile if he gets in Dx.

Last edited:

Peridorito

Smash Journeyman
Maybe if he gets in we could finally get "battle at the big bridge" into smash (and have 3 ff songs T.T)

I like this guy but he is a little niche, (even if almost anyone that have completed a final fantasy likely have run into him at least one time). In a perfect world were we got ACTUAL Final Fantasy content, he still could be a sweet Mii costume. (or a cool boss fight)

But i won't deny that I would smile if he gets in Dx.
Battle at the Big Bridge should definitely be included if he gets in.

He would be a cool boss for sure. He's probably the best choice to represent the series as a whole. If we got a FF boss I think it would either be him, Chaos or Sephiroth.

SilverSoul24

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SilverSoul94
Switch FC
SW-8066-4257-6220
Mark me down as a supporter! Big fan of Gilgamesh and I'm desperate for anything else Final Fantasy-related in Smash. You guys are right, though, he would be perfect as a boss.

Top Bottom