• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Diddy Kongpendium: ATs, Must Reads, and More

DUCKAtl

Smash Apprentice
I don't quit understand the whole banana causing you rocket barrels to shoot off thing, does anyone have a video specifically for this technique or at least a video where this technique is done.

Ingulit

Ing-u-lit
Ya wtf do you mean a "throw guide" ?

Which throws are good to use in which situations? o.O

You make no sense.
Yes, which throws are good in which situations. T1J wrote one a long time ago, but it's very, very aged. Essentially, it's a guide about each of Diddy Kong's throws and how they are useful (or if they're not).

Ingulit

Ing-u-lit
There are occasionally some really good pieces of information that are mentioned in the Social thread or are posted in threads too small to be considered "must-reads," and I don't want that info falling into the abyss of "The last replay to this thread was posted OVER A YEAR AGO." I really want to add a section that covers some oft-used Diddy techniques and setups that don't really warrant being "Advanced Techniques" in their own right. Two questions:

What should I name the section?
What should I put in the section?

Some examples of things I'd put in it:

DHGR > Footstool
D-Air/Airdodge is better for momentum canceling?
Situational techniques or setups
Other conversations that seem like they belong in a sticky so newcomers don't ask about them over and over again

I think I'd want it to include ongoing conversation topics so that newbies know what the latest buzz is in case they have something to contribute. Maybe a "Recent Topics" section would be useful? (This would be things like the D-Air/Airdodge momentum cancel idea)

Ingulit

Ing-u-lit
Well, the Diddy boards really seem to have exploded with a myriad of new techs, but unfortunately my amount of homework has grown at about the same rate! Because I currently do not have the time to try and parse all the relatively unorganized threads (including the social thread) to try and look for techs, I need to instead take a 1-2 week hiatus on updating this thread (while the dust settles around here and it becomes clear what has been discovered and what hasn't).

In the meantime, I could really use some help trying to manage these new techs. If anyone can, please just post a name (or at least a brief description), OP, video link, and/or a description (including how to do it) of any of the newly discovered techs. Even if you can only post a name and a link to a thread for me to parse later, any help at all would make things a lot easier for when I come back to get this thread up-to-date. So if you know about any of the new techniques, please lend a hand and post what you know about it. I'll be back in two weeks :)

Ingulit

Ing-u-lit
just wondering, i was watching this vid : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KJomIrSf0Ws

at 4:17, right after Diddy's Side-B, is this a reversed Pop-Gun Cancelling? looks pretty neat
- Popgun Canceling
Credit goes to advent102
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=190686
Popgun Canceling allows you to cancel the Popgun charging animation entirely by using your Shield button. You can cancel the charging animation entirely in the air by canceling it immediately, and can otherwise cancel it into an Airdodge or Airdodge to Instant Throw. On the ground, you can cancel it into a Shield, Roll, or Glide Toss. Note that you can B-Reverse and Momentum Shift the Popgun in the air even if you cancel it.
Yes.

Conti

Smash Ace
Inguilt I wud do it if I wasn't on my cell phone but u shud go thru some of the most recent at's discoverd and edit the OP...

Things like...
BDACUS
PSNL
Infinite Dribble Lock [I think we can abrieviate that... IDL]
And anything else... those 3 r musts though... :)

FelixTrix

Smash Journeyman
i know a really good diddy konbo (get it?) i invented it th other day. so what you do is you crouch and then dtilt but u can do it wit a banana in ur hand it's really good vs. falco siude b it makes matchup for falco like 20 easiers

happytif

Smash Cadet
I would love to get more information about this "PSNL", I always hear about it but never found a thread about it...
Could someone post a link about it here?

DFEAR

Smash Hero
diddy's airdodge/sideb is simply better for DI'n horizontal and dair for vertical. if you put it to use it will make sense. i do not know the math behind it.

T-block

B2B TST
d-air should only work "better" for vertical because you get an auto-fastfall. theoretically, b-air with a fastfall on the first frame of the aerial should do exactly the same thing. for horizontal b-air ends faster, so b-air > side-b should stop your movement better.

i'm positive this is how it works, so if what you say is true, then diddy's d-air/airdodge must have special properties...

FelixTrix

Smash Journeyman
if you get sent horizontally then you can airdodge to jump quicker than anything else. if you get sent diagonal then just back air or w/e. if you get sent straight up just down air because of the auto fast fall. iono dair is pretty good all around.

Ingulit

Ing-u-lit
After a perfect three month hiatus, this thread has been updated! :D

I added the PSNL and BDACUS, but I feel like there was something else that was discovered that we were talking about. Did we ever learn how to do a D-Smash out of a run? And did the "Drop a Banana during Hitstun on purpose" thing ever actually come to light (or at least was it named)? Otherwise I think I've gotten this back up to date.

EDIT: CRAP, I forgot the Dribble Lock. That kinda died off, didn't it? PSNL is taking all the glory now xD Is everyone okay with the name "Dribble Lock"?

Coyn3Masta

Smash Journeyman
I'm pretty sure Dekar talked about the whole dair/airdodge thing for DIing. I think the airdodge ends faster or something, i forget lol.

Ingulit

Ing-u-lit
What is the "Grizzfinite" anyway? Just a way to turn around during a SNL? Am I supposed to give it its own section or put it in with the SNL (which is what I think I should do)?

Grizzer

Smash Journeyman
What is the "Grizzfinite" anyway? Just a way to turn around during a SNL? Am I supposed to give it its own section or put it in with the SNL (which is what I think I should do)?
you could make a section in the SNL part where you discribe all the different ways of turning them around :) i was just trolling a bit lol

Vega4

Smash Ace
Thanks, this topic has great information about Diddy.
It would be even better if you put videos of some tecniques.

Veril

Frame Savant
This topic should incorporate frame data as the stickied data thread will never be updated and isn't that great to begin with.

Ex. No autocancel points wtf! I listed them in my post (the most recent post in that thread), but it won't matter since that thread will never be updated. >.<

sai_:)

Smash Ace
Diddy vs meta knight is soooooooooooo fun but this isnt rly the thread for it tho.

I could pm you stuff or something if you'd like

TreK

Is "that guy"
hmm... Remember our uair can get us out of the multihits pretty quicly ? Well I can't seem to find the thread where (I think) ADHD put the list of all the moves we can avoid thanks to it...

Do you remember some ?
I only remember about Falco's jabs because it's the most common, I guess.

DUB

Smash Lord
hmm... Remember our uair can get us out of the multihits pretty quicly ? Well I can't seem to find the thread where (I think) ADHD put the list of all the moves we can avoid thanks to it...

Do you remember some ?
I only remember about Falco's jabs because it's the most common, I guess.
Yeah, I have no idea how long ago that thread was.

Top Bottom