• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Diddy Kongpendium: ATs, Must Reads, and More

btb

Smash Cadet
alright well i suck at testing, ill agree with count, i definitely need to work on my DI. But when I did test I was hit more upwards so what count says makes sense. When I did test though I died everytime i jumped, but if i side b I lived. And does jumping really save u if u get knocked horizontally? or is it best to just bair and ffall? I kinda fell off the smash scene when everyone was figuring new stuff out, so some questions sound more noob than i actually am ><

Bellioes

Smash Lord
Actually its best to do both. You should Bair and then fastfall ASAP. Then if you feel youre still going to go off the side blast zone, jump forwards right after and I dont know if this helps, but I Bair and fastfall again after jumping. And if you have a banana, its better to throw it (I believe Up has the fastest animation though i could be wrong) instead of Bairing the first time.

Bwa

Smash Cadet
Hey monkeys, I was trying ddk, against a snake cpu, on RC.

I was on blocks that fall, and I grabbed snake. When I Fthrew him, he has been "teleported" :confused: under those blocks, and behind me. I was like "WTF ddk should be banned"

I'll post a video of this :)

Ingulit

Ing-u-lit
Hey monkeys, I was trying ddk, against a snake cpu, on RC.

I was on blocks that fall, and I grabbed snake. When I Fthrew him, he has been "teleported" :confused: under those blocks, and behind me. I was like "WTF ddk should be banned"

I'll post a video of this :)
Please do post a video; if we can reproduce it, it'd be a good addition to the Glitches section.

Bwa

Smash Cadet
It happened because DDK put the opponent behind him before release, and all character does not have throw like his :)

Ingulit

Ing-u-lit
Any character who has a throw that doesn't send the opponent directly upwards can do it which is every character (except maybe GaW):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YYIxMkERe5w
To OP: Yeah, that's a stage glitch... Not a Diddy glitch. Good find/try, though :)

EDIT: I added the Diddy Xat! Everyone use it! Rawr :3

EDIT: I also added the Situational Tricks Thread

Ingulit

Ing-u-lit
Version 2.0 of the Kongpendium is complete! I've done some major format changes, and I think it looks much better for it. What do you guys think? Do the pictures make sense (lol Nana joke, totally couldn't think of anything else)? I just didn't think a simple color change was enough.

Ingulit

Ing-u-lit
Well, after a long hiatus, I added Shield Bouncing as an AT (why it wasn't in that section in the first place, I'm not sure), and I added Double Dropping due to recent discussion involving it (the HRC technique). I also threw in the Potassium Overdose thread, because I *hope* it's useful. Is there anything else I've missed this past month?

Legendary Pikachu

Smash Ace
Hi all. Just visiting with a present for everybody. Hi GDX if you see this! Man... I needa visit this place some more... i play with a few times too.

Anywayz, cutting to the chase:

I was wondering if you guys could make use of this new AT with pikachu? I'm teaming with my bro (arc-thefallen-, plays Toon Link and Samus) and am going to advance the technique. Here's the original post AND video! ^_^ enjoy!

http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=8104088&postcount=14

Cool thing about this move is that it allows a INSTANTANEOUS NON-FASTFALLED d-air right in the middle of it. Works for those with laggy (but epic) spike-moves with high fastfall risk.

Thanks for the time. Please pm me if you have any neat contributions or comments. :D

Ingulit

Ing-u-lit
Well, won't deny what you said; that is a new AT, but it is for Pikachu. This is mostly for techniques unique to Diddy, or that help Diddy especially. That and this doesn't go over the team aspects of Diddy Kong in its current state.

GooseMainsDiddy

Smash Ace
People need to start following his advise on the "ANOTHER NOTE ON GLIDE TOSSING" thing. It will really help if we make that universal.

xXFrosTXx

Smash Cadet
the weak glide toss sure does has a little difference to the normal glide toss

so how do u weak glide toss anyways?
I didn't get the Whole picture on how to do it

Ingulit

Ing-u-lit
the weak glide toss sure does has a little difference to the normal glide toss

so how do u weak glide toss anyways?
I didn't get the Whole picture on how to do it
The idea is that you're doing your standard throw while sliding; it stems from Glide Dropping, where you Z-Drop an item while sliding. To do it, you press Z or A a few frames later in a Roll than you would to normally Glide Toss. It's not much difference at all, but nonetheless it's an AT and it might have its uses.

TreK

Is "that guy"
no one, that's the point in being dead.

Who wants to make another one and make it active ? The 6 hours difference doesn't let me do it...

FelixTrix

Smash Journeyman
You guys should include the airdodge - z drop thing with bananas. It lets you airdodge and z drop the banana at the same time. It's useful if your opponent thinks you're going to airdodge before you hit the ground, so they try and pivot grab, but you drop the banana so they get hit. found it on the TL boards. hahaha

TreK

Is "that guy"
You guys should include the airdodge - z drop thing with bananas. It lets you airdodge and z drop the banana at the same time. It's useful if your opponent thinks you're going to airdodge before you hit the ground, so they try and pivot grab, but you drop the banana so they get hit. found it on the TL boards. hahaha
!!!!!!!!

Yo
I've been saying this tech is amazing for 7 months.
I hate all of you except Felix now. :V

Ingulit

Ing-u-lit
I've actually been hearing you talk about it, but what is it called? Is there a link I can point to to add it? I agree that it'd be a good addition if I had more information (beyond the basics).

TreK

Is "that guy"
It's called a dodgedrop, tech and name all by Niko_K. There's a vid on his youtube :p

TreK

Is "that guy"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ByPwv8XydE
Niko found it in feb '08, the TLs 10 months later. You should credit him or he'll get angry at us :V
I'd show you the uses of this tech but I lack replays where I use it. Been focusing on my banana game, I'm just not playing as flashy as I used to two weeks ago lol

TreK

Is "that guy"
yeah but it kinda lose insta throw's usage and goodness. The only use I've found to this is vs Luigi's back GT, the banana's on the floor so he's tripped, but doesn't slide away. Free kill move :V

Top Bottom