• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The DI for combos

Denjinpachi

Smash Journeyman
Well, it all depends on what you wanna know for what specifically. Are you the one getting combo'd? Or, did you mean what follow ups to go with on certain Falcon combos depending on DI? Your question is a little vague, friend.

F!R3

Smash Rookie
Well, it all depends on what you wanna know for what specifically. Are you the one getting combo'd? Or, did you mean what follow ups to go with on certain Falcon combos depending on DI? Your question is a little vague, friend.
Sorry buddy, I'm looking for what follow ups on moves like nair and uair depending on what my opponents DI. Also if you happen to know for throws as well.

Denjinpachi

Smash Journeyman
oh, okay, well fora basic idea on what you can do, i'll still have to preface it with that it depends on percent, but in most general situations if you are able to combo someone with a nair off an upthrow, or even an up air, then your typically in the automatic up throw knee percents. sometimes i think it's from about 50 and above on everyone, then its just a givent, but on floaties, you have to change it up to down throw. If people DI in, or even correctly sometimes you can still just get the knee. all you really can do is play the different weight types until you gauge where they are in their classes. From there you should be able to determine by feel on whether you need to nair, u-air, or straight up knee to follow up.

I don't really have a graph on it, i wish i did, and i know theres a more in depth discussion somewhere in the melee falcon boards. They can give you the best idea of when to start since his combo game is relatively the same in PM. But i hope that helps as a start.

F!R3

Smash Rookie
oh, okay, well fora basic idea on what you can do, i'll still have to preface it with that it depends on percent, but in most general situations if you are able to combo someone with a nair off an upthrow, or even an up air, then your typically in the automatic up throw knee percents. sometimes i think it's from about 50 and above on everyone, then its just a givent, but on floaties, you have to change it up to down throw. If people DI in, or even correctly sometimes you can still just get the knee. all you really can do is play the different weight types until you gauge where they are in their classes. From there you should be able to determine by feel on whether you need to nair, u-air, or straight up knee to follow up.

I don't really have a graph on it, i wish i did, and i know theres a more in depth discussion somewhere in the melee falcon boards. They can give you the best idea of when to start since his combo game is relatively the same in PM. But i hope that helps as a start.
Thanks for the tips! I've actually just discovered the falcon index in the melee forum and have been just learning a bunch

Lil Bucket Hat

Smash Apprentice
On floatys like mario bros, peach and blammus. Instant uair and fh nair work on Di aways, but you didn't hear that from me

Top Bottom