• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The ~dere Thread; but mostly the tsun (& never the yan) (w/some anime) CHECK 1st POST

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
They animated too many scenes that could have just as easily been done as a slide-show and ran out of budget.

serious answer below
The last three episodes (13, 14, and 15) are airing as web episodes. 13 came out a while back, 14 is supposedly airing this weekend, and 15 will come out some time after that.
Ahh thank you. Either answer would've been passable by me. :p xD

-Terywj

Minato

穏やかじゃない
I just got Lucky Star Volume 4 and Shakugan no Shana Volume 5 today. Really happy.
LS vol. 4 is all new material so this will be fun to read. The drawings look a little similar to the anime at this point, IMO.

SnS vol. 5 is originally short compared to the other manga volumes. I'm happy that Viz actually translate Zoetrope which is from SnS SII and had put that in there. It'd sure be nice if Viz does the same thing when they release volume 6.
I think I remember reading that Zoetrope should be the third OVA episode also on a forum.

Now if only Viz would continue translating the light novels...

On another note, SHAFT better give us the next episode by the end of this month. They were supposed to have it done by December, I think.
I don't see how they're going to make the deadline since the last BD/DVD should be out towards the end of March.

Death Arcana

Rum is for Drinking
3DS FC
3179-6169-5116
Minato;9604028[FONT=Century Gothic said:
. The drawings look a little similar to the anime at this point, IMO.

[/FONT]
the character designs still look better in the manga right?

Minato

穏やかじゃない
the character designs still look better in the manga right?
You can see a transformation, but it's still more like the manga's older style right now.
Volume 4 was drawn a little before or around the time when the anime aired. So I guess it's just his art being a little more refined.

I didn't have any problems with the anime, personally, though.
Even though his art style changes, it's still different from the anime. I just think he picked up a bit of the style afterwards.

OlimarFan

Smash Ace
It's "LEVEL5 -judgelight-"...get it right... :p
But yeah, I've been listening to it and memory of snow for a while, today; fripSide is amazing! Yaginuma Satoshi is an amazing composer (I love his style), and Nanjyo Yoshino's voice just fits that style so well. It's not often that I like the second song for anime OP/ED singles, but for the two Railgun OP singles, I liked the second song just as much!
Agreed. Only my Railgun just blew me away - even the rare-classical fanatic.

Dear My Friend and Smile: You and Me were also nice...

Minato

穏やかじゃない
I'm finishing up anime that I've been meaning to finish lately.
Some of these include: Tales of the Abyss, Casshern Sins, Gundam 00 (both season), and so on.

Only thing I'm watching that's airing, is Katanagatari. It's the only thing that I like that's been out recently.
While I don't think it's amazing or anything like that, it is entertaining.

I also made a new sig to replace my old Hinagiku one (which I might bring back some day). This one took awhile to make due to experimenting here and there.
And yeah, the logo's too hard to read and I'm too lazy to go and fix it for right now.
And the sig restrictions on SWF make it kind of hard to see. Oh well.

Sadly I have sigs disabled still. Curse you NKB and your DtB sig that I refuse to look at since I haven't watched it yet.

sakuraZaKi

The Ultimate Sore Loser ♡
I'm filling in for my mom at the inn we run~
NNID
taeZaKi
3DS FC
3754-7545-6675
I'm finishing up anime that I've been meaning to finish lately.
Some of these include: Tales of the Abyss, Casshern Sins, Gundam 00 (both season), and so on.
*gasp*

You? Minato, of all people, not finish TotA!? (kidding, kidding)

I finished it, loli. Sadly, it got deleted by a sibling's carelessness with an iPod.

I haven't even played TotA yet. Couldn't find it, :\

NeverKnowsBest

Monochrome Like A Panda
I picked up my first copy of Full Metal Alchemist today.

I was planning on buying volume 1 and 2, but I ended up buying Full Metal Alchemist (Light Novel) The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya, The Sigh of Haruhi Suzumiya, reserved Heart Gold, and reserved Evangelion 1.11 instead =D

Am I crazy?

Almost done my first season of Higurashi. So good so far.

Sadly I have sigs disabled still. Curse you NKB and your DtB sig that I refuse to look at since I haven't watched it yet.
Start watching Darker than Black now!!!!! =D

My crew mate finished Darker than Black Gemini in a day LOL!

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
I finished Ryuusei no Gemini in one sitting... :p
And both seasons within 3 days...

I also just got all of the 1080p rips of S1, recently; it'll watch that later, when I get a new computer.

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
I can still watch 1080p videos on my current computer, which is a laptop, but it would occasionally skip frames during the parts where the video has a lot of movement onscreen (luckily, it doesn't lag; probably due to my codec making frames skip instead of lagging).
But that's not why I'm waiting.
My screen is only 1440x900. And I don't want to waste the 1920x1080 resolution by scaling it down to 1440x810, so I'm waiting until I buy a new home computer with a big enough screen (which should be within the next couple of months).

Minato

穏やかじゃない
I've never finished an anime in one sitting. At least, ones that are 13 episodes long or higher.
I'm just not that kind of person since I'll get bored.

*gasp*

You? Minato, of all people, not finish TotA!? (kidding, kidding)

I finished it, loli. Sadly, it got deleted by a sibling's carelessness with an iPod.

I haven't even played TotA yet. Couldn't find it, :\
While I liked the game, I wasn't a fan of Tales of the Abyss's story.
I got annoyed by the plot. That's probably why I stopped watching when it was airing. Loss of interest.
But I'm finishing it up now (while playing Tales games at the same time lol)

I've beaten the game twice though surprisingly. I haven't hunted down an English copy of the game yet. :(

VietGeek

Smash Hero
TotA's story is probably one of the most well-written Tales stories to date. I've played it like...10 times total, seeing if I can get more than 10 stars but I can't bear playing it any longer.

Also playing as Asch > Luke. I bought a Code Breaker just to use Asch more easily. ^^

still no yandere in the thread title

so tsun tsun =<

G U R U

Smash Lord
I've never finished an anime in one sitting either. Almost watched all of Toradora in one sitting on my second runthrough tho. 13 eps the one day, 12 eps the next :)

Sion

Island of Horizon
i find it impossible to watch that much anime

the longest i've gone is watching endless eight in one sitting, but i skipped parts so it's not legit

Minato

穏やかじゃない
TotA's story is probably one of the most well-written Tales stories to date. I've played it like...10 times total, seeing if I can get more than 10 stars but I can't bear playing it any longer.

Also playing as Asch > Luke. I bought a Code Breaker just to use Asch more easily. ^^
Yeah, it was one of the better stories. I should give it another run through when I buy it in English.
And yeah, using Asch was pretty fun. I have a separate file with him.

Shakugan no Shana S Domicile's coming out in just a week.
Here's the cover of it.:

Nothing really happens in Domicile. I think the next two OVAs have actual fights.
Not sure though.

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer
Ive watched all of Saki in one day, All of Clannad in one day, And almost all of Lucky Star in one day (like thru 22), but i didnt do them in one sitting

NeverKnowsBest

Monochrome Like A Panda
So during my communications class I got super bored and started watching Lucky Star on my iPod.

I need to state that Tsukasa is so ****ing adorable.

*watches Tsukasa play the recorder over and over again*

jamlosingthegame

Smash Lord
NNID
jamlosingthegame
Don't know if it belongs here. Anyone know where I can get The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya light novels online? The site I originally used had to delete everything due to some kind of copyright. It's okay if you don't know, it's just that now I have to actually buy them. Thanks anyways.

Sion

Island of Horizon
So during my communications class I got super bored and started watching Lucky Star on my iPod.

I need to state that Tsukasa is so ****ing adorable.

*watches Tsukasa play the recorder over and over again*
how do you get your anime into mp4?
it takes me like hours to convert.

-Rei-

Saviour of PacWest
Don't know if it belongs here. Anyone know where I can get The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya light novels online? The site I originally used had to delete everything due to some kind of copyright. It's okay if you don't know, it's just that now I have to actually buy them. Thanks anyways.
at this point all you can do is buy them since they were removed at baka-tsuki.

ihavespaceblondes

Smash Master
I watched Haruhi in one day the first time, though it wasn't in one sitting (I remember sitting on a couch downstairs wondering wtf was going on in the first episode, and having my jaw drop on my bed upstairs for the last one). I've always wondered if I would be as much of a weeaboo as I am if I hadn't watched it in broadcast order haha.

Also, person who made me lose the game: check your PMs

Sion

Island of Horizon
I use the Real Player SP's converter. It usually takes a full day to convert 25 episodes.

What kind of files are your trying to convert them from?
usually avi
if i can't, then i convert from mkv to mp4

i don't have real player anymore. is its converting feature free?

-Rei-

Saviour of PacWest
no wonder it looked different

i thought it was a flap for the hardcover

i never seen the haruhi english light novels

i have japanese bookstores in the area lol

NeverKnowsBest

Monochrome Like A Panda
usually avi
if i can't, then i convert from mkv to mp4

i don't have real player anymore. is its converting feature free?
Yes it is free and is VERY helpful. If you need any help with the interface just ask me the questions.

Ugh, I hate the paperback version. Go buy the hardcover version.
It doesn't even cost that much more upgrading to hardcover.
LOL I KNEW you would post about me getting the soft covers =D

I didn't wanna wait for my local borders to order new ones =3

Is there honestly anything the hardcover has better over the soft, or is it just preference?

Minato

穏やかじゃない
I didn't wanna wait for my local borders to order new ones =3
I get them at my local Borders too. They don't have any of the hardcover ones at my store, just at the initial shipment it seems like.
The Borders here don't even have that great of a selection here either.

And yes, as Rei said, they have the actual cover art on them.
Plus it's hardcover, that's always a plus.

-Rei-

Saviour of PacWest
lol we rule your mind nkb

i need to go buy these i guess

to kinokuniya!!!!

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Argh!!!!

I hate that I actually value all the people in the anime thread's opinions =(

Now I want the hardcovers.

I hate you all....
The US paperback covers don't even exist in Japan either. That's another reason on why I didn't really care for them.
I still want the LE Haruhi novels that Japan got just awhile ago. I love Itou's art.

And you reminded me that I still need to read the FMA light novel.
Since the story was in the first anime, I didn't really have any incentive to read it yet.

Top Bottom