• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The ~dere Thread; but mostly the tsun (& never the yan) (w/some anime) CHECK 1st POST

HyperrCrow

Emotional Reality
Heh, since we're on the topic of "does anybody read/watch this or that?"... anybody following Samurai Flamenco? I'm wondering whether I want to catch up on that (:
I was thinking about watching that, but got caught up in the Monogatari series haha

Xyzz

Smash Champion
I too am curious. I meant to watch it but I'm behind on the shows I'm following as it is :x
I initially meant to sample it, but when the first episode aired I had already seen so much that I didn't want to drop right away, that I decided to postpone it... Well, and I just caught up on nearly everything I'm following this season (dropped a few things after returning from two weeks in Berlin), and since we're six or seven episodes in, I figured I'd just ask :D

Might just as well start watching the backlog things which would probably be highly entertaining to me though (:

ELStalky

Smash Apprentice
I'm so sad I didn't watch Nichijou earlier, its amazingggggggggggggg
Because of the somewhat non-standard humour it is not something i would generally recommend. I personally liked it but not as much as many other KyoAni adaptations.

Miharu

Smash Hero
yeah

i finally decided to watch shingeki no kyojin though cause everyone spoke highly of it; wasn't disappointed at all

going to be finishing up nichijou this weekend probably, depends on if i have enough to do in taiwan

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul
I think Kyousougiga might be anime of the season for me. Kill la Kill's really good, but Kyousougiga is surprising me and is so beautiful.

CrimsonLion

Smash Apprentice
I initially meant to sample it, but when the first episode aired I had already seen so much that I didn't want to drop right away, that I decided to postpone it... Well, and I just caught up on nearly everything I'm following this season (dropped a few things after returning from two weeks in Berlin), and since we're six or seven episodes in, I figured I'd just ask :D

Might just as well start watching the backlog things which would probably be highly entertaining to me though (:
If you like the comedy drama genre with decent character development,
I would definitely check out Samurai Flamenco.
It is a show that I really look forward to watching every week!
I would say it is probably in my top three for this season.
Also, which and how many shows are you following this season anyway?

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul
I've been kinda disappointed by Flamenco actually. I only got up to episode 4 since me and a friend were watching it along with Kill la Kill weekly, but I have the rest of the episodes to watch whenever I get around to it.

Xyzz

Smash Champion
If you like the comedy drama genre with decent character development
[...]
Also, which and how many shows are you following this season anyway?
sounds fun :D

Regarding what I watch: My MAL tends to be perfectly up to date, and copy & pasting the ~18 things (i still need to catch up on like 3 or 4) I'm following seems rather tedious. So I'll just link that, to save you the trouble of going to the first post: http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Xyzzizzle ;)

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul
Wow, and I though watching ~10ish shows at the same time was already a lot.

edit: Woah woah woah. Coppelion at 8/10 while Kyousougiga is at 7/10? This is madness.

Xyzz

Smash Champion
Don't read too much into my ratings; they're super subjective, simply reflecting how much I personally enjoyed something. Sure, nobody can be 100% objective at rating these things, but most people at least try a bit to be more like "I liked the good execution of X", instead of going "I enjoyed this for no particularly good reason".
Well, I'll try a little if actually recommending things... e.g. I'd wholeheartedly recommend watching Toki Wo Kakeru Shoujo, despite just having it at 7/10, and wouldn't really expect most people to enjoy... say GJ-bu as much as I did :D

Also: 10ish shows is already quite a lot, I think. It's just still reasonable ;)

HyperrCrow

Emotional Reality
10ish shows is quite a bit to keep up with lol I tend not to go past 5-6
Also, just finished watching Toradora, great show right there.

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
Golden Time, which is currently airing, is written by the same author (same studio, too, albeit a different staff aside from the music staff), so you might enjoy that if you enjoyed Toradora! I greatly enjoy both, at least.

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul
Is Golden Time any good? One of the subbers I follow are doing it and they said that if you liked Baka to Test you should watch it. I watched the first episode and it seemed kinda boring.

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
Don't know why your friend made that recommendation. Golden Time has its humorous parts, but it's much more calm and serious compared to BakaTest. BakaTest is just filled with all sorts of crazy stuff, as it's mainly a comedy. Golden Time is a RomCom that's more about the romance side of things. If you want it to be more eventful, then stuff does pick up after the pilot episode, but don't expect something like BakaTest.

HyperrCrow

Emotional Reality
So recently I've been reading this manga called Nisekoi, anyone here read up on it? What do you guys think of it?
As for the Golden Time comparison, now that I've started watching it I have to agree with Chaos, it's not as crazy as BakaTest. I don't think the comparison should even be made really.

-Rei-

Saviour of PacWest
I've read Nisekoi and enjoyed it but fell behind. I know Minato and Sion read it also but don't know how up to date they are on it.

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul
If golden time is sane in comparison, I really need to watch BakaTest :D
I've watched season 1 twice and season 2 thrice and it's a really silly anime. The only problem is the dub. Comedy stuff, I think, is best with a good dub since you don't have to focus on reading. The Japanese is pretty good, but the dub's meh at best so if you like dubs, you may be disappointed.

asianaussie

Smash Hero
been reading nisekoi ever since its first publication

it's as if i was reading to-love-ru, except without the guilt that comes from knowing you're reading ****ing to-love-ru

it's quite enjoyable

also, a nisekoi love plus clone just came out for android lel

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
LOL This convo made me remember this...

I managed to see it. Out of all the images at that website, that's the one image that disappeared now.
Probably a sign of no hotlinking maybe. lol

Edit: Oh wait, I see it now. Not sure if anyone else can but
And surprisingly enough, most people saw it first from Minato's post in this thread... XD

Minato no Ecchi!
I'd argue against that. But it doesn't help my case that I finally caught up to TLR Darkness yesterday. :(

HyperrCrow

Emotional Reality
Tsunderes are the only way to go my friend

I've read Nisekoi and enjoyed it but fell behind. I know Minato and Sion read it also but don't know how up to date they are on it.
Around where did you stop? They're on chapter 100 at this point, I'm on 92. I've been reading only this for the past couple of days and I'm enjoying it so much, I can't wait to see how the anime turns out. Raku is too damn thick for his own good lol

Minato

穏やかじゃない
So recently I've been reading this manga called Nisekoi, anyone here read up on it? What do you guys think of it?
Judging by my avatar, I obviously like it. Definitely not the best, but it's nice reading a shounen romance/harem manga that doesn't rely on ecchi. I felt like it did too much too fast regarding story for their first year for the main characters. Ever since then the pacing has had less story related stuff leaving everything at a status quo.
LOL This convo made me remember this...
What. Don't do that. lol

HyperrCrow

Emotional Reality
but it's nice reading a shounen romance/harem manga that doesn't rely on ecchi.
I can't tell you how much I agree with this.
As for the story, I also agree. I feel like they're prolonging what's inevitably bound to happen. I have a feeling that they gave away the ending with the bit about Chitoges past on her 17th birthday, but I'm personally still rooting for Onodera lol.

Top Bottom