• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The ~dere Thread; but mostly the tsun (& never the yan) (w/some anime) CHECK 1st POST

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul
Coppelion. Would not call it moe (people's definitions of that are all over the place, aren't they?) and it looks decent so far.
Oh yeah, I forgot that I was watching that show too. I started it because of the artstyle. I hope it hurries up with whatever it is it wants to do, because I'm not really feeling the story.

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul
Don't get me wrong, I don't hate moe haha. It just gets repetitive very fast when 9/10 shows share the same animation and plot styles. I didn't notice it until I starting watching anime as they aired. I watched the past 3 seasons and I realized how much poop there is.

omgwtfToph

Smash Master
aight so I've never really had any character I would call a WAIFU (MAYBE chitanda eru...) before but holy **** myucel (outbreak company) is seriously the best girl of all time

@____@

edit: @______________________@

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul
Speaking of Inu x Boku SS, I heard the show went a totally different route than the manga and that the manga is a lot darker. That true?

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul
Has anybody seen Sakurasou no Pet Kanojo, Kokoro Connect, or Yahari Ore something something?

ELStalky

Smash Apprentice
Sakurasou is pretty decent.
Kokoro Connect is top-tier-must-watch.
Yahari Ore no something is also barely a 10/10.
...if you ask me, that is.

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
I'll have to agree on all but the last one. Oregairu was somewhat "meh" to me. I didn't really like any of the characters, and the main character just makes the show so depressing to watch.

ELStalky

Smash Apprentice
I'll have to agree on all but the last one. Oregairu was somewhat "meh" to me. I didn't really like any of the characters, and the main character just makes the show so depressing to watch.
I was thinking about adding a note that i suspected people may have a higher variance on that one. With many Anime i'd just recommend sampling a few episodes to see for yourself, or ask someone with similar tastes to your own.

(Edit: ANN has a median rating of 8 for that one, so i'm in a minority)

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul
I must have like ****-tier taste, because I thought they were all awful. I asked because I seem to be the only one who thinks so.

ELStalky

Smash Apprentice
I would not rank taste for the most part. Unless you like burning cats, that's really bad taste.

Xyzz

Smash Champion
I would not rank taste for the most part.
various IM conversation logs said:
8/8/2013 23:13 Stalky: you have no taste in music
7/24/2013 17:25 Stalky: so you can notice how bad your taste in music is
7/22/2013 19:32 Stalky: if you had any taste it'd be boku, if not suigintou
7/2/2013 22:12 Stalky: if you do not by now recognize love come's awesomeness by now you probably won't later on either, no taste in music as always...
7/1/2013 12:12 Stalky: cause you have no taste in music obviously
5/19/2013 11:45 Stalky: and we know that your taste sucks
4/20/2013 19:52 Stalky: becaue you have no taste, obviously
:p ;)

too bad like none of these are really serious :D

ELStalky

Smash Apprentice
i just think germany is cool
Personally i do not like countries. I do not know if they are necessary - probably not if you do things right - but as it stands they serve to create yet another arbitrary attribute for people with which others may associate all sorts of negative or sometimes positive things that have little to do with each individual.

I cannot deny that i have always lived in Germany but i would not consider myself German because that term is quite meaningless and most things people may associate with it via stereotypes probably do not apply to me.

Also, fun fact about how i use languages:
Most written: English
Most read: English
Most heard: Japanese
Most spoken: German

This is your chance to be looked up to as a senpai, stalky. Take it.
Yet another concept i do not approve of in its original form, respect is not something you should get for simply being older, it is something to be earned through deeds.

---

Sorry about the ranting but i think people should really question those thing, they accept too many circumstances simply because they have been that way for as long as they can remember...

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul
I've always defined what nationality one is as a combination between blood relation, length of time in the area, and one's connection with the culture.

Someone who isn't German by blood but lives in Germany and does "German stuff" is just as much of a German to me as someone who's completely German but lives in America and acts American.

ELStalky

Smash Apprentice
The people in the latter equation are not all too German, are they?

i.e.
German-ness(Person) := x * Bloodrelations(Person) + y * Culture(Person)
have
Bloodrelations(A) = 0
Culture(A) = 1
Bloodrelations(B) = 1
Culture(B) = 0
and
x * Bloodrelations(A) + y * Culture(A) = x * Bloodrelations(B) + y * Culture(B)
which is
x * 0 + y * 1 = x * 1 + y * 0
⇔ y = x
which simplifies the definition to:
German-ness(Person) := x * Bloodrelations(Person) + x * Culture(Person)
⇔ x * (Bloodrelations(Person) + Culture(Person))
Where x then just becomes an arbitrary factor of scale so may as well just drop it:

German-ness(Person) := Bloodrelations(Person) + Culture(Person)

So the maximum German-ness is 2 if both functions yield maxima of 1.

The people in the equation then are "Half-German" as they get a score of 1 out of 2.
Why? What does that mean? Does it serve any purpose?
I say that is about as pointless as my calculation...

Xyzz

Smash Champion
You bored person, you. Do something productive.
You know I just came home from Berlin after two weeks of work... I'm entitled to at least one week of "I'm not doing **** today, wahaha!". And I even did productive things today... stupid non-EU countries requiring valid visa and that jazz. Jeez, I'm leaving for Sotchi at the end of January and it's already necessary to do these things NOW .. :x :D

Germany is not cool in that regard, not one bit cool ;)

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul
The people in the latter equation are not all too German, are they?

i.e.
German-ness(Person) := x * Bloodrelations(Person) + y * Culture(Person)
have
Bloodrelations(A) = 0
Culture(A) = 1
Bloodrelations(B) = 1
Culture(B) = 0
and
x * Bloodrelations(A) + y * Culture(A) = x * Bloodrelations(B) + y * Culture(B)
which is
x * 0 + y * 1 = x * 1 + y * 0
⇔ y = x
which simplifies the definition to:
German-ness(Person) := x * Bloodrelations(Person) + x * Culture(Person)
⇔ x * (Bloodrelations(Person) + Culture(Person))
Where x then just becomes an arbitrary factor of scale so may as well just drop it:

German-ness(Person) := Bloodrelations(Person) + Culture(Person)

So the maximum German-ness is 2 if both functions yield maxima of 1.

The people in the equation then are "Half-German" as they get a score of 1 out of 2.
Why? What does that mean? Does it serve any purpose?
I say that is about as pointless as my calculation...
Which is why I don't take the whole nationality thing too seriously. If I did, I would've just went with blood and left it at that. We're in a day and age where practically everyone is a mutt. Purebreads are rare and insignificant anymore.

Top Bottom