• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The ~dere Thread; but mostly the tsun (& never the yan) (w/some anime) CHECK 1st POST

-Rei-

Saviour of PacWest
ok so knim just finished airing.

the opening was alright sorta mediocre

the anime plot starts
when haruto moves to tokyo

the animation was like from the 90 or early 00s lol

the ending was terrible

it was like gonzo was too lazy to make a proper one

i watched it without subs

yeah they are providing subs for this anime but in japanese

because haruto is from hiroshima and has an accent

same with asuka being from fukushima

gonna watch it again with subs then again with english subs lol

Sion

Island of Horizon
knim : D

i should totally watch it

heaven's feel is ass for the most part except for
rider

actually it was alright but it kinda put me to sleep during the VN

maybe it was cause it was the last route i had to play after marathoning fate->ubw

im rdy for the worms

Minato

穏やかじゃない
ok so knim just finished airing.
The adaptation sucked for me lol. Animation sucked and I'm sure viewers felt lost.
I'm expecting only a 1 episode flashback, but it's not going to do this current arc justice.
heaven's feel is *** for the most part except for
rider

actually it was alright but it kinda put me to sleep during the VN

maybe it was cause it was the last route i had to play after marathoning fate->ubw

im rdy for the worms
Only good part of HF for me was the ending. It felt like a great way to wrap up all three routes when I read it.
I have no idea if it's going to feel that way in anime form though, since it felt best in VN form.

Other than that, it's just ok. IMO though, Type-Moon's stuff can be overrated at times :ohwell:
Not all of their stuff they touch turns to gold.
2 years after the remake lol
That Nasu Standard Time.

So yeah, watching everything that I missed because of Evo. KNIM was disappointing. New Gatchaman's art style is neat, but the animation is bad. I also really really hate the main girl. Danganronpa ep 2 is like how I thought it'd be, badly rushed, brings in hints/rules when they're most convenient, etc. At this rate, it feels pointless for the viewer to solve it. Gin no Saji's adaptation's really good, and I was pleased. The art style was faithful and it adapted the story well. But who knows, A-1 disappointed me with Magi's art and SAO's adaptation after episode 1.

So yeah, Monogatari S2 and Gin no Saji's are the only ones I'm really liking along with TWGOK kinda. Gonna see how Rozen Maiden's season is a tiny bit later.

SUNG666

Smash Ace
LA, CA (Glendale) Hook me up if ya wanna smash
i was wondering what sung would be doing here in this thread haha

Didn't realize Stab posted this until I name searched myself, we went to AX again this year for 4 days it was sick.

Sung is a big anime fan, standardtoaster.

PC, that preview site you posted...where do people outside of Japan go to watch the anime?
I rarely watch anime, I read manga a LOT though. Oh, I have my top ten list (not ranked) in case anyone is curious and wants a good read :]
-=-==--=-=-=-==--==-
Completed
Dragon Ball Z
Uzumaki
Zatch Bell
The Drifting Classroom

Ongoing
Liar Game
Dorohedoro
Berserk

For laughss (all completed)
Angel Densetsu
Kyou Kara Ore Wa
Yakitate Japan
=-=--=-=-=-==--==--==-=-
I also love 4 koma/slice of life stuff like Shinryaku! Ika Musume and Yotsubato! I realized I don't have a serious romance one that I really like but I don't mind romance at all.

For some reason I have a harder time really getting into anime and it doesn't evoke as much emotion to me than reading does. I've never cried from laughter/sadness watching an anime when I've done it plenty from manga. I don't have an anime that I love that I would recommend to everyone when I could for manga. In theory, anime should be superior because of the extra frames (allowing for forced tension, pacing, stressing importance, etc...), color, and especially music but for me, it hasn't been enough. Anime still has a TON of potential but it's really limited at the same time because every frame has to be manually done (not like shooting live action) so there must be some quality drops or some subtle detail (such as expressions and the like) that would be really hard to capture with limited amount of lines. I'm not saying anime should be more realistic or anything and I'm sure it will only get more and more incredible in the future. Lookin forward to it.

In my mind, the reason I enjoy manga more now is that I'm filling in the perfect scenario of what I imagine should be going on between each panel. I can kinda choose which parts I think are more important and focus on that more while sort of rolling over things I think are more superficial/overrated or something. It's probably similar to people reading books instead of watching it on television, they just like to visualize how they would want it to be and when television/movie doesn't conform to that, they get disappointed. I usually listen to something while reading so I have a music element in the experience, but it has to fit with the themes though (for instance, reading Claymore while listening to the NieR soundtrack).

So yea, I'm Sung :] I want to find an anime I'd love and that I would recommend to everyone. Dunno if yall can tell what my tastes are at all from my list but I can enjoy anything as long as it's good (real vague I know)

Xyzz

Smash Champion
So we all get to say "hi sung"? :D
Pleasure to meet you, I hope you find the Anime you love and can recommend to everyone! (so far I've had great success recommending Steins;Gate and the Miyazaki films to people)

-Rei-

Saviour of PacWest
i've only heard the trailer during the kara no kyoukai movie in theatres made it seem like heaven's feel

but no confirmation

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
Regardless if it's a reboot or a HF adaptation, since someone other than Deen got the rights to animate F/SN, the door has already been opened so there's really no chance that Deen will later do HF even if this is a reboot. So those that don't want Deen doing HF can rejoice regardless of what it is. XD

omgwtfToph

Smash Master
Ok I have a formal request for you guys. I'm watching the Danganronpa anime, but I haven't played the game. However, if the game ends up being much better than the anime (as most would argue is the case for, say, Persona 4), I'd rather play the game without being spoiled by the anime.

So if anyone in here has played Danganronpa is following the anime and sees that it isn't nearly as good as the game, can you please let me know so I can just play the game instead?

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Ok I have a formal request for you guys. I'm watching the Danganronpa anime, but I haven't played the game. However, if the game ends up being much better than the anime (as most would argue is the case for, say, Persona 4), I'd rather play the game without being spoiled by the anime.

So if anyone in here has played Danganronpa is following the anime and sees that it isn't nearly as good as the game, can you please let me know so I can just play the game instead?
Don't watch it, play it. The anime's only worth it for people that have played it. It skips a lot of content and the way it's rushed doesn't let the viewer solve the case well enough in advance.

Comparing this to the P4 anime, it's just as bad, if not worse only because of the clues. Part of what makes the game great compared to the anime is the gameplay and its presentation. The anime's not going to be able to replicate that, imo.

omgwtfToph

Smash Master
Who's watching Genei wo Kakeru Taiyou btw? It looks like it could be really hype but I have honestly no idea so far. Probably gonna wait til it finishes (or at least a few episodes have aired) before I decide whether to watch it or not but so far the action/animation looks really good...

SUNG666

Smash Ace
So I watched three anime series pretty recently.

Le Portrait de Petit Cossette. The front image is basement trap loli and I'm all about that. It was just okay had some really cool symbolism, ideas, and imagery.

Lagrange - The Flower of Rin-ne. Sounded weird, had flower in the name and I'm all about that. I just saw the first three eps of it at Anime Expo had no idea what I was gunna watch. It's alright. I love friendship themes so it gets bonus points.

Revolutionary Girl Utena cause it's yuri and I'm all about that. It was really different from what I expected. I liked it, it was actually symbolic and philosophical. Anyway I wouldn't recommend cause it's like 40 episodes and the first 30 are all pretty much the set/build up for the last 10 episodes (which get intense) plus it's really repetitive/cliche/superficial at times.

Gunna go on a manga binge for a bit gotta catch up on newly completed series awwwyea.

Xyzz

Smash Champion
For some reason the synopsis of Rinne no Lagrange screams EVA meets Strike witches to me, no idea why I would think that :p :D
About the third one: 40 episodes? *runs away in panic* :D
And I might actually watch Le Portrait de Petit Cossette (:

In terms of stuff what I've seen (or started in the last case) that didn't air in the spring season:
- Haibane Renmei (which is still something more people should watch, because it's a really good show. Tons of symbolism as well :D And intelligent thought-provoking themes. And the artstyle, general pacing and plot work really well together in terms of atmosphere.)
- Kotonoha no Niwa (not sure if I mentioned that one when I finished it in June. Really good romance themed movie (and sort of short, 45 minutes)... maybe even a bit better in terms of setting the general mood than Haibane Renmei (although a rather different one :D), and amazingly good at creating like-able characters in the short timeframe.)
- Rozen Maiden (decided to catch up on that to get to see the currently airing episodes... wasn't disappointed desu).
- Senki Zesshou Symphogear (just decided to catch up on that one as well, and I'm having a blast so far. Not that I would whole-heartedly recommend that show to just about anybody, but I personally have a really soft spot for epic over the top drama and awesome musics. Throw in pseudo mahou shoujos beating up generic aliens, and we've got a fun show, haha)

SUNG666

Smash Ace
Kamisama no Iutoori: So I re-read a manga that was incomplete when I first read it (but manga updates told me it was completed) so I read from the beginning to the end. Turns out it's actually just the first season of the series. It's still extremely amazing great emotion+storytelling here's a link if anyone's interested http://kissmanga.com/Manga/Kamisama-no-Iutoori it pretty much explains my philosophy in life.

I'm thinkin of watchin Haibane Renmei soon.

//edit// Oh and if you do read it then read it while listening to this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qovgvyHuFmc it was perfect for me :]

stabbedbyanipple

Smash Master
Just got really bored, so I read through this Manga called Heads on a whim, and thought I'd share it cuz I felt like it was really good.

http://www.mangaeden.com/en-manga/heads/
I'd summarize it, but the manga site's summary is pretty encompassing of what the premise is lol

Really interesting and simultaneously depressing read. I thought it was quite good, but I don't know how many of you guys really enjoy darker ****.

To balance it out myself, I gotta go watch an episode of Tamako Market now LMAOO

dettadeus

Smash Lord
Highlight from buying stuff in Osaka with my sister yesterday:

Me: Ooh they have a Yukiatsu and Menma pack for like 200 yen!
Sis: Oh cool
Me: Wait, what's this behind it... Oh this one's even better!
Sis: What is it?
Me: Well, it doesn't have Yukiatsu in it.

Haul from Osaka: 1 2 3 4

Top Bottom