• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Definitive Lloyd Irving Thread - fall down seven times, stand up eight (Mii costume confirmed)

BryanD

Smash Rookie
This could be a make or break moment for Lloyd.
This is definitely the best shot he's got... though, if he is not the fighter revealed but survives the Mii Costume slaughter... I think he's still in contention. Depending on when Tales of Arise comes out, they could use Lloyd for promoting the new game & series!

andree123

Smash Ace
If we get Lloyd, it'll have to be a arms-styled reveal which it confirms that CP9 will be a tales of character but it will be fully revealed at March which it will be Lloyd.

VashTehStampede

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
8506-1485-4895
Hold strong friends, let's hope out boy finally get's his Invitation tomorrow. That's if they even announce a new character and it's not just a hint or an announcement of a future announcement. Either way, the mii costume section hell is upon us once more.

IWantMyBurd

Smash Apprentice
Possible situations for tomorrow:
  • There's only a hint or an announcement about an upcoming reveal and we're stuck waiting a while longer.
  • Lloyd gets announced.
  • It's a proper reveal, but it's not Lloyd, in which case...
    • We have to wait for the character showcase, where Lloyd is...
      • Revealed to be a costume.
      • Nowhere to be found, and probably slated to become a fighter in a later challenger pack.
    • A chunk of the Direct is actually the character showcase (see the previous two points).

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
Hold strong friends, let's hope out boy finally get's his Invitation tomorrow. That's if they even announce a new character and it's not just a hint or an announcement of a future announcement. Either way, the mii costume section hell is upon us once more.
Geno fans thought they had it rough, man we are still waiting to see the fate of our man, lmfao

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Honestly, would you guys be upset if we got Yuri instead? Honestly I kinda would.

BryanD

Smash Rookie
Honestly, would you guys be upset if we got Yuri instead? Honestly I kinda would.
Honestly... yeah. I've wanted Lloyd for a long time, and I've built up my hype for Lloyd. A Tales of Rep other than Lloyd would be a little upsetting, personally, but I also haven't played Vesperia or most other Tales Of games. Symphonia left a lasting impact on my life that I haven't been able to replicate with most other games, and Lloyd was always at the forefront of that for me. I still think a Tales Of rep would be great in the game, but it would definitely be even greater for me if Lloyd was the rep.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
I never played a Tales Of game nor am I a supporter for Lloyd, Yuri or any other Tales Of rep, but I do believe tomorrow could be y'all's day. If so, congrats. I will come back to congratulate for realz if tomorrow we do get a Tales Of rep as we have gone too long without another Bandai-Namco rep.

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
Just a tiny bit of disappointment since Lloyd is who i grew up with with nintendo consoles and such, plus he has been actually demanded since brawl. But I would be more happy than disappointed overall, because all I want is freaking Tales fighter and content in Smash, it's just unbelievable that one of the top 3 JRPGs from Japan is still missing like this lol

Personally, I just want the Tales series in, I like just about every protag so I don't think any of them would disappoint me. Well, unless by some chance it was Emil...
Agreed lol, Emil would be the last thing I want from Tales, even tho I always liked his design, his character is just… meh

Last edited:

IWantMyBurd

Smash Apprentice
Today's the day, y'all! Cross your fingers, cross your toes, cross your T's, cross your eyes, cross the road- but only after looking both ways...

MrMilk

Smash Rookie
It's that time again folks. Hoping for a confirmation that he's in finally today. My anxiety can't handle many more of these reveals lol.

I'll stick to my guns that it's very odd that Tales has not a single piece of content in this game. It's a deliberate choice at this point, but to what end?

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
I think we will very likely be seeing either a Bandai-Namco rep or a Capcom rep today if either is in the Pass since every Challenger Pack in Fighter's Pass 1 and Fighter's Pass 2 have come with Smash 4 Mii costumes and we only have the Lloyd, Monster Hunter and Rathalos costumes yet to return. Whether we don't see a Namco rep/Capcom rep or not today, I do believe we'll see one or two of those missing Smash 4 Mii costumes since every Challenger Pack has had them thus far and we are only down to 3 with the Monster Hunter and Rathalos Mii costumes very likely to return with each other in the same Challenger Pack since they're from the same franchise.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
We might at best get a character announcement today, with the Mii Costumes being reserved to the showcase video on a later date. I can only hope that odds are favoring Lloyd not being part of the chopping block.

Nevertheless, it's best to buckle up. It's gonna be a long, stormy ride of suspense...

Misuta

Smash Rookie
Switch FC
SW-4574-4296-7309
I feel so nervous. I want to see Lloyd as a character not as a Mii costume.

Gitaroo

Smash Cadet
GG all, I was hoping that it wouldn't be another RPG Character because the amount of them didn't bode well for Lloyd's chances, but grats to the Xenoblade fans. Cross your fingers for the Mii Costume but I'm kind of expecting it now haha.

IWantMyBurd

Smash Apprentice
Well, if there was any doubt before, it's safe to say now that Mii costumes are hard deconfirms for fighters. Here's hoping we survive another round

widu0746

Smash Rookie
best case scenario is pyra/mythra comes with the monster hunter miicostumes since monster hunter releases in march too...but i have a feeling our boy lloyd might get the axe too since TBH he kinda looks like rex and fits the trope

MrMilk

Smash Rookie
Well I guess the good news here is we will most likely know what happens with Lloyd one way or the other. If he's a mii (seems like a strong chance) that's obviously a deconfirm, but if it ends up missing again I think he's in 100%. Red sword character seems like the perfect time to throw him in so I don't know what else they would be waiting for at this point.

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
Yeah, I'm feeling pretty worried for you guys right now. I hope Lloyd dodges the costume bomb because I think he'd pretty much be a lock if he did.
If Pyra's pack is not fully xenoblade themed (mii-wise) then he should be there if he is truly a mii, but if he is missing, then there was no reason for him to be kept waiting longer, he probably would be either fp10 or 11 at that point. Here's hoping… he is the last thing alive that I want in smash, but if he is not, then I'm out of here for the rest of the game lol. I hope pass 2 is worth my money beyond just Sephiroth, because damn so far I don't care about the rest of the fighters in this pass…

Peepo T. Skeleton

Smash Ace
Exactly 9.7 inches away from your current location
If Pyra's pack is not fully xenoblade themed (mii-wise) then he should be there if he is truly a mii, but if he is missing, then there was no reason for him to be kept waiting longer, he probably would be either fp10 or 11 at that point. Here's hoping… he is the last thing alive that I want in smash, but if he is not, then I'm out of here for the rest of the game lol. I hope pass 2 is worth my money beyond just Sephiroth, because damn so far I don't care about the rest of the fighters in this pass…
Yeah, all of my most wanted are either already in the game or deconfirmed/very unlikely so I'm just along for the ride at this point.

VashTehStampede

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
8506-1485-4895
It's been a rough day, I honestly am pretty happy that the new fighter isn't exactly rex, but Pyra/Mythria. Much more fun and interesting characters but there's a part of me that just feels defeated. It's rough seeing already represented series get more stuff when in my mind Tales of has earned it's place in gaming history and deserves to be represented. I know the smash fandom hates hearing the word "Deserves" but its just a gut punch to see all my friends get their most wanted in and even some of them getting multiple. I've always wanted Lloyd, Sora, and Travis in smash since forever and it just feels like I'm never gonna get my moment. The hope is still alive for the moment but I'd be lying if I didnt feel a bit petty and down about todays events. Still, Im happy for the Xenoblade fans and their extra additions, they look like a fun character to play.

Last edited:

DrifloonEmpire

Smash Champion
It's been a rough day, I honestly am pretty happy that the new fighter isn't exactly rex, but Pyra/Mythria. Much more fun and interesting characters but there's a part of me that just feels defeated. It's rough seeing already represented series get more stuff when in my mind Tales of has earned it's place in gaming history and deserves to be represented. I know the smash fandom hates hearing the word "Deserves" but its just a gut punch to see all my friends get their most wanted in and even some of them getting multiple. I've always wanted Lloyd, Sora, and Travis in smash since forever and it just feels like I'm never gonna get my moment. The hope is still alive for the moment but I'd be lying if I didnt feel a bit petty and down about todays events. Still, Im happy for the Xenoblade fans and their extra additions, they look like a fun character to play.
Trust me, man, I know the pain.....

KiyoXDragon

Smash Apprentice
NNID
KiyoXDragon
3DS FC
2981-7067-0666
Switch FC
SW-1752-3317-0324
I like tales, so you can add me to the supporters of Lloyd!

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
The hope is still alive for the moment but I'd be lying if I didnt feel a bit petty and down about todays events. Still, Im happy for the Xenoblade fans and their extra additions, they look like a fun character to play.
I wish I could relate to this… but I can't feel down yet if I haven't seen the mii section yet and his fate, anything is possible.

I'm personally glad Rex didn't get in because my god his design sucks lol, I'm totally fine with the fighter being actually Pyra and Mythra themselves. This is just me tho lol, just personal taste.

Last edited:

Super Flygon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Master_Zach
3DS FC
1289-8257-7574
Switch FC
SW-5750-9817-6593
Unfortunately, I don't see Lloyd getting in as a playable character. I feel like he'll be a Mii Costume again, released alongside Pyra & Mythra.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Unfortunately, I don't see Lloyd getting in as a playable character. I feel like he'll be a Mii Costume again, released alongside Pyra & Mythra.
Especially given.

1. Rex not being promoted from being a Mii. Think this is a huge blow that Mii costumes and even assists do deconfirm.
2. Pythra are dual blade wielders, Lloyd being a dual swordsman.

I think Lloyd and Monster Hunter are bound to return as Miis as the other Sm4sh Miis had.

Super Flygon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Master_Zach
3DS FC
1289-8257-7574
Switch FC
SW-5750-9817-6593
Especially given.

1. Rex not being promoted from being a Mii. Think this is a huge blow that Mii costumes and even assists do deconfirm.
2. Pythra are dual blade wielders, Lloyd being a dual swordsman.

I think Lloyd and Monster Hunter are bound to return as Miis as the other Sm4sh Miis had.
Those are good points, though it shouldn't have been expected for Rex to be promoted so quickly anyways. I'm sure it doesn't help Lloyd though (if Sakurai was intent on adding Rex, he could have picked literally any other Nintendo character to be a Mii Fighter Costume at that time).

MattX20

Smash Hero
Lloyd's chances in Ultimate only end when his Mii costume returns. Don't forget the Monster Hunter armor sets have just as strong a chance of showing up in Pyra and Mythra's Mii Costume wave. Up until now, the Mii Costumes at least tangentially related to the fighters of the second fighter pass in some way. With Heihachi, he was a fighting game character like MinMin was. Gil was similar to Steve in that they both used swords with a blue tint and were both adventurers. Geno and the Chocobo hat were in because like Sephiroth are owned by Square Enix. If anything, Lloyd doesn't have that much in common with Pyra and Mythra, where as the Monster Hunter armor sets are closer to the spirit of Xenoblade's gameplay

Last edited:

BryanD

Smash Rookie
Lloyd's chances in Ultimate only end when his Mii costume returns. Don't forget the Monster Hunter armor sets have just as strong a chance of showing up in Pyra and Mythra's Mii Costume wave. Up until now, the Mii Costumes at least tangentially related to the fighters of the second fighter pass in some way. With Heihachi, he was a fighting game character like MinMin was. Gil was similar to Steve in that they both used swords with a blue tint and were both adventurers. Geno and the Chocobo hat were in because like Sephiroth are owned by Square Enix. If anything, Lloyd doesn't have that much in common with Pyra and Mythra, where as the Monster Hunter armor sets are closer to the spirit of Xenoblade's gameplay
Red sword user may be enough to draw the connection with Lloyd IMO, but still holding out hope for Lloyd missing this Mii pack. I really do think his odds go up if we miss the Pyra/Mythra Mii pack, as this seems like the right time to add him as a Mii fighter. We've gotten other Namco reps in first party characters (Heihachi with MinMin, for example).

I guess we will continue to wait until the Sakurai presents Pyra/Mythra showcase!

Shado-will

Smash Journeyman
Oh god. I really want Lloyd in, my want for him goes up every day. I just started another playthrough of Tales of Symphonia. I was really hoping for him yesterday, but I guess I was kidding myself. Pyra and Mythra are cool though, but I haven't played Xenoblade Chronicles 2 yet so I don't have any actual thoughts on them. I just REALLY hope Lloyd doesn't show up as a mii costume. Something that hit me was the Monolith Soft (who makes the Xenoblade games) used to be owned by Bandai Namco before they were bought my Nintendo. iirc, KOS MOS even showed up in Xenoblade Chronicles 2 and Bandai Namco still owns the Xenosaga franchise. So it wouldn't surprise me if we got a KOS MOS mii costume, but I really hope it doesn't mean anything for a Lloyd costume.

Top Bottom