• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Definitive Lloyd Irving Thread - fall down seven times, stand up eight (Mii costume confirmed)

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
Well there's something else tomorrow that Lloyd and any other Tales rep needs to avoid. The Weekly event announcement.

IWantMyBurd

Smash Apprentice
What do you all think the odds of Sora becoming a Mii costume with Thursday's presentation are?
Well there's something else tomorrow that Lloyd and any other Tales rep needs to avoid. The Weekly event announcement.
And to what are you referring?

Nightguything

Smash Journeyman
Personally I don’t see Sora coming as a mii costume, I feel if they were allowed to use Sora in anyway it’d be a playable fighter and not just regulate him to mii fighter status, only my opinion of course.

I see that the tales of anniversary celebration is starting to kick off, though nothing super important has been revealed as of yet.

Also, has Scott Menville EVER revealed what his NDA project was yet? It’s been so long with no mention of it from anybody. If I’m not mistaken it’s been at least a year

widu0746

Smash Rookie
Personally I don’t see Sora coming as a mii costume, I feel if they were allowed to use Sora in anyway it’d be a playable fighter and not just regulate him to mii fighter status, only my opinion of course.

I see that the tales of anniversary celebration is starting to kick off, though nothing super important has been revealed as of yet.

Also, has Scott Menville EVER revealed what his NDA project was yet? It’s been so long with no mention of it from anybody. If I’m not mistaken it’s been at least a year
it looks to me that tales series was hit hard by the covid 19 pandemic to the apoint where tales of Arise went mute for pretty much the whole year. It may be possible ( this is what I am telling myself anyways) that Lloyds inclusion in smash was also mega delayed. Fingers crossed that his mii costume will still be absent on Thursdays Sephiroth vid.

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
What do you all think the odds of Sora becoming a Mii costume with Thursday's presentation are?

And to what are you referring?
The weekly events. Thankfully a Tales spirit event wasn't the case for this week, so a Tales Of rep is still safe.

Last edited:

Gitaroo

Smash Cadet

As far as we know, no he didn't address it. Since he made that tweet he was in:
-An episode of NCIS.
-An episode of 9-1-1.
-Reprising his role as Robin in the TTG Movie.
-An ant in the movie Dolittle.

None of which I would think are "Coy secretive tweet about NDA and an exciting role" material, so whatever it was its up in the air. He made that tweet in September 2019, so yeah its been more than a year. If by any chance it is Lloyd that means he was doing that around when Banjo was released so if that was the case that means he was either hella pushed back or they were doing prep work for FP2 then and had the lines in super advance.

IWantMyBurd

Smash Apprentice
Let's hope that Lloyd isn't one of the characters that is turning into a mii costume.
Unlikely we'll find out today, based on what people in here are saying about Square Enix character presentations only adding Square Enix content

Nightguything

Smash Journeyman
Though Lloyd wasn’t shown in this mii wave, I’m not too sure about the future. Doesn’t really seem like anybody will be spared at this point.

Last edited:

cybersai

Smash Ace
He's survived so far, but as seen, they can just randomly plop Lloyd's Mii outfit during any character reveal in the future.

The fact that he's one of the few costumes not to come back since Smash U makes me wonder, but then again who knows

Misuta

Smash Rookie
Switch FC
SW-4574-4296-7309
So it's only Lloyd and Monster Hunter. I hope he will survive another round.

MattX20

Smash Hero
While I knew that Lloyd was going to be just fine this round, the next 3 though are a different story. While he's definitely the frontrunner for a potential Mii Costume upgrade to playable character and next Bandai Namco rep, there are other characters like Nightmare and KOS-MOS who also have a legitimate chance

Nightguything

Smash Journeyman
While I knew that Lloyd was going to be just fine this round, the next 3 though are a different story. While he's definitely the frontrunner for a potential Mii Costume upgrade to playable character and next Bandai Namco rep, there are other characters like Nightmare and KOS-MOS who also have a legitimate chance
Honestly the way I see it, every character has a decent chance and no one is off the table. I’d love for Lloyd to be playable but in speculation it’s hard to pin down what matters and what doesn’t.

I only hope that Scott’s NDA project works out in or favor or I see Bandai giving the Tales series a significant push on Nintendo, kind of like how Dragon Quest got a lot of promotion leading up to Hero’s release.

Nightguything

Smash Journeyman
The thing is, we can’t even be too sure Bandai is guaranteed a rep in the first place.

Personally I feel if they were to get another rep it would be Lloyd, but other Bandai costumes have dropped in this fighter pass that were tied to non-Bandai characters.

I just feel I’d need another sign (or push I guess) for Tales specifically before I’d put more eggs in the basket for now.

Last edited:

SpiritOfRuin

Smash Ace
Hello Llyod thread. I don't believe that I've posted here before. I don't actually have any stake in Llyod getting into Smash as I've never played a Tales of game. That being said, I have a lot of respect for this fanbase. You guys have been around so long pushing for this character and I just wanted to stop by to show some support. I am coming from the Geno thread so I know all about wanting a character very badly for a very long time and getting continuously disappointed. Luckily your guy is still in the running. I'm really just here to say don't give up. You fight very hard for your character so keep it up no matter what happens in these next 3 DLC characters. I support you guys from one fandom to another I just want to wish you luck and hopefully spread a little hope here while despair was brought to mine own fandom. Make your voices heard. Thank you for your time. Best wishes and happy holidays to everyone during this very trying year.

VashTehStampede

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
8506-1485-4895
The thing that'll always drive me to believe a Tales of Character (Lloyd) is to be added, is the fact that Tales of Started on a nintendo console. Symphonias director is working on ultimate, some of the Tales of Team is working on ultimate, and of course the fact that theres not even a sliver of Tales of representation with all that in mind.

UberPyro64

Smash Ace
Dark Souls is rather unlikely as far as the Bandai Namco reps go. Soul Calibur, Digimon, and even Xenosaga to a degree are worth keeping eyes on
I really disagree here. Dark Souls has grown so quickly and spawned an entire sub-genre of games. It has a way stronger chance than any of the franchises you listed. Except for maybe Tales. Anything else I find extremely unlikely at this point. To me, it's either the Chosen Undead or Lloyd. Maybe Yuri over Lloyd, though that's less likely.

Last edited:

Nightguything

Smash Journeyman
The thing that'll always drive me to believe a Tales of Character (Lloyd) is to be added, is the fact that Tales of Started on a nintendo console. Symphonias director is working on ultimate, some of the Tales of Team is working on ultimate, and of course the fact that theres not even a sliver of Tales of representation with all that in mind.
These are all good points!

OptimisticStrifer

Smash Champion
Lloyd definitely should have an eye kept on him. Has that tales of emblem seen use yet or not? The one that'd make a great smash icon?

frozolloyd

Smash Apprentice
I really disagree here. Dark Souls has grown so quickly and spawned an entire sub-genre of games. It has a way stronger chance than any of the franchises you listed. Except for maybe Tales. Anything else I find extremely unlikely at this point. To me, it's either the Chosen Undead or Lloyd. Maybe Yuri over Lloyd, though that's less likely.
Well congrats thread, we have survived another wave of mii costumes, hopefully we are either safe in the next one or Lloyd gets his chance next. As for other Bamco reps, it seems we all have a difference of opinion on who is most likely, so I thought I would put my input. If we get a Bamco rep and it isn't either Lloyd or another Tales rep, I personally would also bet on Dark Souls. Keep in mind, not only is this game influential like Uberpyro mentioned, but it was one of the few third party series that got an amiibo (ironically Monster Hunter got one too, another character I think is very likly). At the very least, Nintendo knows this series is a big deal. If I were to take bets after that, probably Soul Caliber followed by Digimon would be my guess after Tales and Dark Souls. In my opinion, KOS MOS has a lot of weird circumstances around her that makes me hesitant to put her as a front runner, but I acknowledge if a lot of difference pieces fall into place, she could happen.

Side tangent aside, after the Tales of stream on the 15th, I wonder if Bamco is going to do anything else but Arise next year in terms of console games. Either way, I guess we will have to wait and see what happens.

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112

This old post gives me some hope.

It mentioned how Hero was meant to be in the base game which was confirmed by Sakurai in that DQ stream. And it also said how Sephiroth also disappeared from the planning stage and he ended up in FP Volume 2. So far it's been spot on.

And the missing costumes right now are from Namco and Capcom respectively.

Last edited:

MrMilk

Smash Rookie
Hey all. Long time lurker first time poster. I've been checking this thread obsessively on and off since Lloyd is my MW, so I decided to finally make an account and chime in with some thoughts.

I find it to be strange at this point that the only real representation Bamco has in this game is pac man and four pac man related spirits along with two old mii costumes. I just feel at the very least they would include tons of spirits from their own franchises. I'm just left to believe they're being saved for something. With the Lloyd costume STILL being missing, I'm believing more and more that "something" might be another playable fighter. His rights would likely be very easy to obtain as well since all the major players who worked on Symphonia are actively present in Ultimate's development team. There's also still the Scott Menville stuff along with Tales being such a MASSIVE franchise that keeps me hopeful for Lloyd's chances.

If we end up not getting another Bamco character I just would be so baffled why the company wouldn't push for it, when to me it seems more than deserved.

Kyphlosion16

Smash Rookie
This is exactly why I believe Loyd has the best chance out of all the Namco Reps. They had a 25th Anniversary on Dec 15th and had a little celebration, but I thought I heard that the Tales of 25th Anniversary was going to be celebrated in March 2021 as well. Does anyone remember hearing this? If so Lloyd could possibly be FP9 if they are reveling FP9 around March. Would line up well.

Gitaroo

Smash Cadet
Lloyd definitely should have an eye kept on him. Has that tales of emblem seen use yet or not? The one that'd make a great smash icon?

It was used throughout everything related to the 25th anniversary, including events, videos, and marketing. Going by the usage on the right being paired with the logo and its use as the Twitter's Profile Picture it might be being used from now on to represent the series as a collective.

Nazyrus

Smash Champion

It was used throughout everything related to the 25th anniversary, including events, videos, and marketing. Going by the usage on the right being paired with the logo and its use as the Twitter's Profile Picture it might be being used from now on to represent the series as a collective.
And considering they just announced that all of the news they had planned for the series are moved into 2021, we are gonna be seeing these logos for another good 12 months mostly lol.

Gitaroo

Smash Cadet

Glad to see the steadfastness of Symphonia fans in the replies. Glad to see that there's still love for the game and the franchise.

Nightguything

Smash Journeyman
Top Bottom