• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Definitive Lloyd Irving Thread - fall down seven times, stand up eight (Mii costume confirmed)

Ypsen

Smash Apprentice
I feel so bad for Travis fans... He was really in a good spot for once.

Gil finally returned. But I'm concerned he didn't returned in the same time that Heihachi nor he did return with a Bandai Namco playable character announcement.

That means Lloyd could totally be brought back as a Mii costume out of the blue, with no other Bandai Namco in the same pack of Mii Costume. We're still not safe.

As cruel as it may sounds, the only real good news is that Travis, wich was a serious contender for the DLC slot at the moment, got disconfirmed.

DazeXz

Smash Rookie

Gil finally returned. But I'm concerned he didn't returned in the same time that Heihachi nor he did return with a Bandai Namco playable character announcement.

That means Lloyd could totally be brought back as a Mii costume out of the blue, with no other Bandai Namco in the same pack of Mii Costume. We're still not safe.

As cruel as it may sounds, the only real good news is that Travis, wich was a serious contender for the DLC slot at the moment, got disconfirmed.
While its possible hell be randomly put in any pass i believe its very likely that, because tales is full of characters and in general a big franchise the pass would be filled with tales miis like dragon quest. Just a thought i do agree that he could just be put alone in any pass.

zferolie

Smash Hero
So with this, the only missing ones as Lloyd, Geno, and Rathalos armor right?

zferolie

Smash Hero
AH ok. Still, only 3 outfits(4 I guess for 2 monster hunter outfits) that are tied to specific characters(not counting chocobo hat lol)

Though I wonder... so far they have released 1 returning DLC costume per DLC pack(give or take), and we have 4 more packs... they could very easily release those 3 in those packs... Like its a very cheap easy mii outfit to slap in the fighter pack

Nightguything

Smash Journeyman
Until we get a JRPG rep for FP2 (there’s always at least one), I’ll believe Lloyd’s chances are valid.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Quite impressed about Lloyd's track record so far to this point.

Though seeing Travis be deconfirmed with Mii Costume-reveal kind of stung, even if never supporting the character. He had quite a fine run, not gonna lie.

Cadillac

Smash Seeker
Both of my wants survived the costume onslaught. Nice.
Ok, question. Do you think there's a chance that another Tales of character becomes playable (Yuri, Velvet, Cress, etc...) and Lloyd returns as a costume?

Nazyrus

Smash Champion

Considering heihachi and gil came one after the other, I think the live or die time for us is next pack then, regarding the potential mii coming back again. If he is not in next pack I think that will be a given, or nearly a given at least.

Ok, question. Do you think there's a chance that another Tales of character becomes playable (Yuri, Velvet, Cress, etc...) and Lloyd returns as a costume?

Considering what Sakurai said about why Lloyd back then, i doubt it. It's always possible of course, but unlikely imo.

Last edited:

Ypsen

Smash Apprentice
Not in the slightest. Lloyd is clearly the most wanted Tales character (Yuri is the most popular tales character only among the japanese Tales of fandom) but his also the most recognisable icon for the Tales Series. Plus the famous quote of Sakurai "I really think it has to be Lloyd" and his Mii Costume during the ballot tell a lot.

The only thing I could see hindering Lloyd's chance, is a big marketing move. Like if ToArise was announced for Switch, and Nintendo would want to advertise this big game by putting Aleph as the playable fighter and Lloyd returning as a Mii. But I don't see this happening.

Last edited:

Ypsen

Smash Apprentice
Considering heihachi and gil came one after the other, I think the live or die time for us is next pack then, regarding the potential mii coming back again. If he is not in next pack I think that will be a given, or nearly a given at least.
Why ? There's absolutly no reasons which dictates that characters of a same editor should be coming consecutively. There could be no Bandai rep in the next Mii Pack, then the hunter for the fighter 4's Mii pack, then Lloyd returning as a Mii for the sixth fighter.

Unfortunately, as long as we don't see him as a playable character or as a Mii, the stress of seeing him disconfirmed will last. I really hope we'll have an answer soon.

Last edited:

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
Why ? There's absolutly no reasons which dictates that characters of a same editor should be coming consecutively. There could be no Bandai rep in the next Mii Pack, then the hunter for the fighter 4's Mii pack, then Lloyd returning as a Mii for the sixth fighter.

Unfortunately, as long as we don't see him as a playable character or as a Mii, the stress of seeing him disconfirmed will last. I really hope we'll have an answer soon.
I rather live with hope than stress, but I feel ya. And I was just saying that , SO FAR, thats how the namco miis have been coming back. Of course it can change, it's just based on the temporary current apparent situation. I rather just live the speculation cycle with hype and hopes even if there's disapointment in the end, for me it's much worse to live it with stress all the way and then have the disappointment lol, i just wanna enjoy the ride while it lasts either way.

Last edited:

IWantMyBurd

Smash Apprentice
With that said, it's occurred to me that Travis Touchdown could actually make good Mii costume material.
Not necessarily. There are still a few Smash 4 costumes missing, such as Gil and the Monster Hunter sets. Having more of those shown off with Lloyd's remaining absent would actually be best case scenario, IMO
Look, I'm not saying, but I'm just saying!

UberPyro64

Smash Ace
Lloyd lives, but I see two possible scenarios happening.

1. He's Challenger Pack #8.
2. He's a Mii Costume that comes with Challenger Pack #8.

I wonder what it will be...

Last edited:

Dreamking

Smash Journeyman
NNID
DreamWanderer92
3DS FC
0817-5074-8674
Switch FC
6827-7951-1977
Not that I'm for Lloyd, but I was pleased he made it through another Mii Costume round along with Geno.

Bandai Namco remains with just one rep. I do believe he stands a good chance to get in.

He was also a guest character in Soul calibur Legends.

Ypsen

Smash Apprentice
I just noticed Gilgamesh is simply named Gil on the english trailer (it's Gilgamesh in french). I thought it was just a nickname the gamers gave him.

It also made me realised that Zelos's title (Gilgamesh) in ToS is based on him, since you have to equip him all the gold equipment to get it. The only reference I got on Tower of Druaga was the obvious one in Baten Kaitos.

Also once again there was rating issue with Travis. It says Travis Touchdown on the English trailer but No More Heroes on European trailers.

Last edited:

Nightguything

Smash Journeyman
man, has Bamco done ANYTHING for the anniversary? It seems like it was kind of announced then forgotten about.

Last edited:

Nazyrus

Smash Champion

He lives yet again. I was thinking Uh-Oh when the Gil costume was shown.
Dude I was so scared haha.

man, has Bamco done ANYTHING for the anniversary? It seems like it was kind of announced then forgotten about.
They tweeted this in July and still nothing, maybe it will be stuff shown closer to the anniversary itself? It's definitely not just gonna be mobile stuff that only is relevant to japanese people, because this was tweeted in english after all and an anniversary isn't just celebrated with mobile crap, that's for damn sure, and they are making a big deal of this year anniversary compared to previous ones.

"over the coming months" ……… it's been so months already, and still nothing…

I just had an epiphamy……… Just for fun, not gonna bank on it, but still fun to think about:

I dont think anniversaries matter **** at all, smash fans of other characters have already fell for that banana peel and got disappointed… but this is not gonna be a theory because it's an anniversary per say, but rather it's purely based on 2 events being pretty close to each other…

TGA is december 10, and the Tales anniversary is decemebr 15th

Steve got revealed just a couple of days ago, before minecraft live / minecon, and then highlighted being in smash at the minecraft live stream…

What if something similar to this happens in december if Lloyd got revealed at TGA? Not counting on it, but the fact joker got revealed there, it makes it seem not impossible.

But that's only if he was fp8 of course, there are endless possibilities of how lloyd's reveal could go and for what slot during the pass later, as long as his mii doesn't come back.

Last edited:
Top Bottom