• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Definitive Lloyd Irving Thread - fall down seven times, stand up eight (Mii costume confirmed)

IWantMyBurd

Smash Apprentice
1) Wonder where all those people leaking today's Direct went?
2) Have you seen the likes/dislikes on the partner showcase from this week? The content wasn't even bad! Nintendo had better have some substantial first party news soon, or people are going to start getting upset at them

SharkLord

Smash Hero
1) Wonder where all those people leaking today's Direct went?
2) Have you seen the likes/dislikes on the partner showcase from this week? The content wasn't even bad! Nintendo had better have some substantial first party news soon, or people are going to start getting upset at them
I can't say for all of them, but I know NateDrake admitted he kinda jumped the gun a little and gave out his predictions/Outdated information. Turns out Grubb was right in that we shouldn't expect anything big for a Friday. As for the like/dislike ratio, people seem to be angry over what isn't in the direct rather than what is. Personally, I think that if you don't care about what's in the direct, you should just not touch either thumbs.
On the bright-ish side, Grubb says Nintendo will be putting out something before Tokyo Game Show. If I get a nickel for every time someone says that it'll just be another partner showcase, I'll probably be able to get another Switch.

IWantMyBurd

Smash Apprentice
I can't say for all of them, but I know NateDrake admitted he kinda jumped the gun a little and gave out his predictions/Outdated information. Turns out Grubb was right in that we shouldn't expect anything big for a Friday. As for the like/dislike ratio, people seem to be angry over what isn't in the direct rather than what is. Personally, I think that if you don't care about what's in the direct, you should just not touch either thumbs.
On the bright-ish side, Grubb says Nintendo will be putting out something before Tokyo Game Show. If I get a nickel for every time someone says that it'll just be another partner showcase, I'll probably be able to get another Switch.
Honestly, it wouldn't even surprise me at this point if it's a mini direct, but here's hoping for the best

a random user

Smash Journeyman
Tales of Symphonia: Definitive Edition, anyone?

Oh, man, just imagine it! Full voice acting, updated graphics and models, remastered music... And lose the sliding floor puzzles. It would be glorious!
or they just port the ps3 game with 1/2 in it, maybe add a new feature and call it a day, would fit the other switch ports. honestly im surprised they haven't ported the symphonia collection yet.

Nightguything

Smash Journeyman
or they just port the ps3 game with 1/2 in it, maybe add a new feature and call it a day, would fit the other switch ports. honestly im surprised they haven't ported the symphonia collection yet.
Bamco’s sitting on a lot of money by not porting more tales games, so much of the series is spread across different consoles.

IWantMyBurd

Smash Apprentice
Yes, they could, and it would make a lot of money if they did. I was just thinking wishfully

Cadillac

Smash Seeker
What would be his weapon of choice if he becomes playable? The swords from the boxarts, or the Material Blades?

Nightguything

Smash Journeyman
Did the Scott Menville NDA project ever get revealed? Last I checked he hasn’t said anything about it since.

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
Did the Scott Menville NDA project ever get revealed? Last I checked he hasn’t said anything about it since.
He never confirmed what it was for, not even after the Robin thing that people thought it was about. I'm just glad to see him back tweeting, he was missing for the longest for who knows what reason…

andree123

Smash Ace
Halleluja!

Please don't be a mii costume

Anyways, had Scott's NDA been revealed yet?

Ypsen

Smash Apprentice
After the threat of Assist Trophy for Isaac, we have yet to endure the Lloyd's Mii costume trial. It's hard.

I wonder who it will be... Travis, Pokemon and Crash seems to be very good contenders at the moment, with No more Heroes 3 on the way, Crash 4 yet to be announced on switch, and the current Pokemon DLC to promote.

Do you think Travis could lower Lloyd's chance, since Sakurai seems to take in count the "too much swords" argument complaint ?

Last edited:

andree123

Smash Ace

Ypsen

Smash Apprentice
No, likely because of this:
I don't believe on all of the rating theory, personnaly. We don't know precisely for sure how they work on Smash. Travis could be in the game with no "adult" content like swearing and stuff. Bayo already taught us that we shouldn't rely on the rating of a game to base our theory on.

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
Praying it's our time this time 😩 or at least keep lloyd alive and don't show him in the mii section! It's interesting that returning miis have been shown in pairs since pass 1, yet Heihachi was shown alone… only way we don't get lloyd in this pass is that we get a different namco character, but i can't even imagine what other namco character could be getting now that "satisfies fans" (as described pass 2 will be, by sakurai). As long as I don't see the mii back, the hope remains!

IWantMyBurd

Smash Apprentice
After the threat of Assist Trophy for Isaac, we have yet to endure the Lloyd's Mii costume trial. It's hard.

I wonder who it will be... Travis, Pokemon and Crash seems to be very good contenders at the moment, with No more Heroes 3 on the way, Crash 4 yet to be announced on switch, and the current Pokemon DLC to promote.

Do you think Travis could lower Lloyd's chance, since Sakurai seems to take in count the "too much swords" argument complaint ?
Having it be anyone other than Lloyd lowers his chances, simply because it means there's one less slot left. The only way to lower his chances even more is if it's a different Bamco rep, especially if it's a Tales rep. Given that we got Hero and Byleth last pass, I don't think the weapon they use matters TOO much.

With that said, it's occurred to me that Travis Touchdown could actually make good Mii costume material. Actually, so could Crash...

Guess we'll find out tomorrow!!

ShadowGuy1

Smash Lord
Just hoping tomorrow either confirms Lloyd as a character (or any Tales character really) or at least does not show he Lloyd’s mii costume. Every direct I have been DREADING the Mii Costume section because of the fear of Lloyd being deconfirmed.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Just hoping tomorrow either confirms Lloyd as a character (or any Tales character really) or at least does not show he Lloyd’s mii costume. Every direct I have been DREADING the Mii Costume section because of the fear of Lloyd being deconfirmed.
Will there even be any time to show off Mii costumes? Remember, the annoncement said it'd just be a trailer followed by a brief message from Sakurai.

Ypsen

Smash Apprentice
Will there even be any time to show off Mii costumes? Remember, the annoncement said it'd just be a trailer followed by a brief message from Sakurai.
Oh you're right ! The mii costume are usually shown in the gameplay presentation video !

frozolloyd

Smash Apprentice
We can only hope things go well for Lloyd. Best case scenario, no returning costumes come back, and it is only new ones. But like everyone in the thread, I'm definitely going to be very tense when they show off mii costumes.

IWantMyBurd

Smash Apprentice
We can only hope things go well for Lloyd. Best case scenario, no returning costumes come back, and it is only new ones. But like everyone in the thread, I'm definitely going to be very tense when they show off mii costumes.
Not necessarily. There are still a few Smash 4 costumes missing, such as Gil and the Monster Hunter sets. Having more of those shown off with Lloyd's remaining absent would actually be best case scenario, IMO

Top Bottom